PDA

View Full Version : So, what's your opinion about the floating Island?

Agitated_AT
Aug 8, 2012, 02:57 AM
Haven't played it that long before I decided to quit. I thought visually it looked very bland and kind of bad. I liked how the enemy weakness was dark element. Other than that, i'll leave the more throrough posts to those who have or are playing it longer than I have.

So what do you think ?

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 8, 2012, 03:02 AM
No whining about reskins please, even old 2d games had those.

Alenoir
Aug 8, 2012, 03:05 AM
I wish I can live there.

Them dragons also hit hard.

Oh and, hoard all your dark weapons, gonna need those.

gigawuts
Aug 8, 2012, 03:05 AM
I don't much like the colors I saw in the trailer, seems the entire planet is pastel. But that's just the colors.

I'll reserve judgment for when I've done 40 hours of mindless drooling grinding, in good old PSO fashion.

Kanore
Aug 8, 2012, 03:12 AM

if they're reskins PSU style then i would understand why people would be pissed

Ce'Nedra
Aug 8, 2012, 03:14 AM
Wonder if it will be as epic as I think it will be. Can't wait to play it tonight.

gigawuts
Aug 8, 2012, 03:16 AM
Reskins in PSU are what sealed the deal for me. I finally got to "new" content, and it was the same bullshit dark dungeon except in light themes.

I made a rage thread and proceeded to forget about the game before even removing my sub. I paid for two more months before changing banks, and about four months later went "Oh, hey, I never did cancel that sub, did I?"

No regrets etc. If this is Sega's new idea of recycled content, fang banshee/bantha and all, then I'm at least one satisfied customer. They didn't have to put them into the forest, they didn't advertise it as the new forest main boss, they just gave us more diversity. Which is good and exactly what I've always asked for.

Sega is listening to feedback and it is awesome.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 8, 2012, 03:18 AM
Since it drops Gigrants 10, and hopefully Grants 10, All For

Vashyron
Aug 8, 2012, 03:26 AM
BEST AREA.

[spoiler-box]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/1154298234208163678/1B737E841D4EC81852C8FD52128789E781A8ECDC/[/spoiler-box]

Visually at least.

Polly
Aug 8, 2012, 03:30 AM
Aesthetically pleasing, but holy crap is it some kinda boring. I don't care so much that the enemies are reskins at all, but more the fact that they're just so....squishy. It feels like everything there has half the HP of enemies in the tunnels or something and they're not aggressive in the slightest. With the way the area's designed, other than the falling floor areas, there's just not a whole lot of room to spawn a lot of enemies, so enemy counts were pretty low. With the current difficulty, it's just kinda boring to be honest. I don't really think I'll be spending much time there.

Agitated_AT
Aug 8, 2012, 03:33 AM
Aesthetically pleasing, but holy crap is it some kinda boring. I don't care so much that the enemies are reskins at all, but more the fact that they're just so....squishy. It feels like everything there has half the HP of enemies in the tunnels or something and they're not aggressive in the slightest. With the way the area's designed, other than the falling floor areas, there's just not a whole lot of room to spawn a lot of enemies, so enemy counts were pretty low. With the current difficulty, it's just kinda boring to be honest. I don't really think I'll be spending much time there.

This worries me. I just can't believe after 5 areas we still haven't gotten agressive enemies. At least not agressive enough. I'm kind of getting sick of this

SallySalSal
Aug 8, 2012, 03:38 AM
Anyone else tried Sazonding the green pillars? Purty cool :O

mhjc
Aug 8, 2012, 03:38 AM

I pretty much have the same thoughts as this. The low spawns really bug me, feels like a crap farming place. I've found like 2 region areas that spawn a mob of some sort, but I've only seen 2 map variations that had it. Players keep asking to make the game easier and this is what we get. :(

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 8, 2012, 03:40 AM
Maybe it's the calm before the storm?

BIG OLAF
Aug 8, 2012, 03:41 AM
BEST AREA.

[spoiler-box]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/1154298234208163678/1B737E841D4EC81852C8FD52128789E781A8ECDC/[/spoiler-box]

Visually at least.

This color pallete is even better. So vibrant. Reminds me of Mania from The Shivering Isles.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/PSO2/252.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

sugarFO
Aug 8, 2012, 03:45 AM
I like it. It's pretty enough that I can see myself farming this area and enjoying it, unlike the ugly dark mines. However, every monster besides Quartz Dragon feels like forest level monsters. Blast away anything with no trouble at all.

Now, Quartz Dragon... I think she is resistant to magic or something. Or maybe you have to break off certain parts to get her more vulnerable. Either way, I felt useless against her, and died multiple times to her nosedives and lasers. ._.

gravityvx
Aug 8, 2012, 03:51 AM
As far as sky zones go, compared to the ones I've played through, this one does not look that great to me it looks alright. Almost felt half assed for how long they've had to mess around with the area. I do like the music though, they threw in some more pso1 I gotta give em props for that.

KrankItVZ
Aug 8, 2012, 03:55 AM
Skybox looks amazingly bland from the screens shots. Still updating as I just got back

LK1721
Aug 8, 2012, 03:56 AM
For the time that I've played it...the level feels rather underwhelming. The enemies are sparse and weak, including the mid-boss, which is a reskinned spaghetti dragon (SNOOORE FESST). Though I will say that it is aesthetically pleasing enough, and the OST is nice.

Keiko_Seisha
Aug 8, 2012, 04:01 AM
It's cool so far but...

HOW DO I GET THE ALL RED CRATES ON ALL THE HIGH AREAS?

darkante
Aug 8, 2012, 04:04 AM
Have only played the first mission.
I love the areas and enemies appearence.

But they seem kinda tame compared to the mines.
Still think it's fun. I could always nerf myself in worst cases.

But PSO2 generally is tame compared to PSP2:I.
I can hardly fool around without being bombed by enemies brutal attacks.

NoiseHERO
Aug 8, 2012, 04:05 AM
I already know this is my new favorite area...

The others, besides forest I got bored of quick... Desert I only found nice to look at during sandstorms or when it turned night. Snow field is so bland and quiet feeling, Mines is too dark and gritty, but in a way that it's uninteresting.

This area is visually pleasing.. Reminds me of something from Chrono Trigger mixed with Panzer Dragoon. And I LOVE how there's a lot of high and low platforms unlike the other areas that were mostly flat except for a couple of spots that had items up top. So it's like rangers could attack from a cleverly safe spot. and hunters can jump off of them to get flying enemies.

(Also it just feels cool looking down a steep hill and jumping into the action like spider-man.) But the concept of this area in general (floating land) is already something my imagination would enjoy.

gigawuts
Aug 8, 2012, 06:35 AM
Just ran into the quartz dragon randomly in the field.

I'll just say this: Being confused as a hunter is utter fucking BS. The only place you can be remotely effective is up the boss's ass and oh guess what you now wandered into both his melee range and laser range and you can't even face him to block attacks! Wheeeee!

Vashyron
Aug 8, 2012, 06:37 AM
Got to say I only really like the First Area aesthetically, the 2nd one is way too green for my taste.

Mystil
Aug 8, 2012, 06:44 AM
..Reminds me of Riverne Site from FFXI.

gigawuts
Aug 8, 2012, 06:46 AM
And just beat him. He has far less health than I expected. I got nearly volleyed (stunlocked really) by a lot of attacks and died probably 7 or 8 times. Not bad given how many attacks stunlock you and that I don't know any of his tells at all yet. Also how they're all pretty much AOE.

But he still died way faster than I expected. I guess he's meant to be the glass cannon version of the regular dragon?

Mizunos
Aug 8, 2012, 06:53 AM
The map looks good, kind of disappointed in the BGM though. Kobayashi has been very lazy with the latest tracks, this saddens me quite a bit...
Also, i wish there were larger spawns, having 1 monster pop-up on these tiny islands is really silly. Haven't unlocked free field yet so I hope it gets better afterwards.

Ryoten
Aug 8, 2012, 07:02 AM
If this area allows us to fall off then I'm set.

Limbo_lag
Aug 8, 2012, 07:16 AM
I personally found spawn rates to be much higher, at least for the first 2 missions. Nothing like running around madly whilst getting chased by 10+ dudes with swords.

gigawuts
Aug 8, 2012, 07:21 AM
And downed the kyatadoran reskin in like 45 seconds. That was really...something. Seems neither boss as much HP to speak of, and the very few moves it had time to use were the same as the original.

Really digging these colors though, they're not at all as bad as what I remember from the trailer.

Loving the r-atk souls they rushed in with the last few updates though. This guy had the last of em - r-atk + hp. Now we should probably expect more force souls in the next patches, I guess?

Vashyron
Aug 8, 2012, 08:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piquoowpt1I&"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piquoowpt1I

Quite like this boss a lot.

Sp-24
Aug 8, 2012, 08:49 AM
Liked the boss as well. It seems to live up to its "Crystal Dragon" nickname, pretty durable bastard.

KrankItVZ
Aug 8, 2012, 09:12 AM
The Boss is by far my favorite to fight right now. It's fucking awesome!

My only complaint with the island is the stupid red boxes and the sky box is abit bland when you look below

Natsuma
Aug 8, 2012, 09:47 AM
My only complaint with the island is the stupid red boxes and the sky box is abit bland when you look below

I'm still trying to figure out how to get them :O

jooozek
Aug 8, 2012, 09:50 AM
You get to them from a random "tornado". Don't know if you can force it to spawn.

KrankItVZ
Aug 8, 2012, 09:58 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how to get them :O

I gave up on those boxes. What I think it is is just random events like the weather effects that swipe you up there. I've found every other platform jump but thats about it. Another thing to add is the annoying confusion thing the monsters inflict... so annoying

Trickyg
Aug 8, 2012, 10:33 AM
Rather have the terrain you actually play on look better than details far off. People never tend to notice those details anyway when they hack n slash.

zemog
Aug 8, 2012, 10:51 AM
I would have liked to see someone post gameplay video, so here is one I looked up:

[spoiler-box]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdhXKxI61i4

[/spoiler-box]

I was hoping this was the volcano planet since it has floating islands... would be cool to look down and see the red surface.

jooozek
Aug 8, 2012, 10:56 AM
I was hoping this was the volcano planet since it has floating islands...
It is Amduscia.

darkante
Aug 8, 2012, 10:58 AM
Also, just soloed the new boss.
He is fun, deadly and fast.

Not that hard, barely got hit. But his circle rain got me once on the edge, but it just scratched me thankfully.

ShinMaruku
Aug 8, 2012, 11:02 AM

Back then they had an excuse. Right now people just wanna blast Sega and I see no foul in blasting them.

Alenoir
Aug 8, 2012, 11:25 AM
You get to them from a random "tornado". Don't know if you can force it to spawn.
It have nothing to do with those pillar you can only destroy with Zonde skills? D:

Coatl
Aug 8, 2012, 11:27 AM
Is Quarts Dragon resistant to techs or something?
Was doing 200-300 damage with 1300 Tech lol..

Tenlade
Aug 8, 2012, 11:27 AM
Recycling characters is still a thing even new games do, because it still has the same purpose of making more content with minimal resources, as well as basically giving you a higher level version of older areas.

besides, this means blue versions of dinian weapons with useable stats. I will gladly accept this.

jooozek
Aug 8, 2012, 11:49 AM
It have nothing to do with those pillar you can only destroy with Zonde skills? D:

You can't destroy the pillars, they act as Zonde amplifiers making it into Razonde.

NiteShadow
Aug 8, 2012, 11:50 AM
It really worries me seeing sega resort to such a huge reskin this early in the game. But overall, I found the lack of difficulty in the sky islands to be my biggest problem. Much like the Tundra and Mines before it, it fails to offer a real challenge to players at level cap.

Coatl
Aug 8, 2012, 11:57 AM
It really worries me seeing sega resort to such a huge reskin this early in the game. But overall, I found the lack of difficulty in the sky islands to be my biggest problem. Much like the Tundra and Mines before it, it fails to offer a real challenge to players at level cap.

But Tundra is pretty much a re-skin of Forest..geography-wise anyway.
The only thing with floating islands is that the new enemies are light-weight, unlike in mines where the new mechs introduced meant serious business.

Ana-Chan
Aug 8, 2012, 12:02 PM

Also just look around you. Humans have a similar structure to a lot of primates, the feline and canine families are similar etc.
So you are complaining about reskins where the exact same thing happens in nature. Is it naturally impossible for creatures on the same planet to look similar?

EvilMag
Aug 8, 2012, 12:03 PM
Also just look around you. Humans have a similar structure to a lot of primates, the feline and canine families are similar etc.
So you are complaining about reskins where the exact same thing happens in nature. Is it naturally impossible for creatures on the same planet to look similar?

This is a video game, not real life.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 8, 2012, 12:06 PM
But Tundra is pretty much a re-skin of Forest..geography-wise anyway.
The only thing with floating islands is that the new enemies are light-weight, unlike in mines where the new mechs introduced meant serious business.

I haven't gotten to play yet, so I can't speak for Floating islands, but Tundra isn't much of a reskin. Yes, the first area looks similar, but they have jump pads included, different map tiles, (mostly) original enemies, the whole second area......

At least in this case, it makes sense. Same planet, so it's not so far-fetched that they have similar enemies (or even geography). I'm not saying that completely excuses it, but, in my mind at least, I'm able to roll with it if I just say they're the same species, only slightly different for a different region.

Still, this is nowhere near the same level as PSU, from what I've seen. At least not yet.

Ana-Chan
Aug 8, 2012, 12:07 PM
This is a video game, not real life.

And doesn't a lot of video games take some things from real life? Look at the basic physics. If you want to complain about reskins when you see the same thing happen in nature, then why not complain about the fact that they have gravity similar to earth, and their univers has other physical characteristics similar to Earth. You can't implicitly require one science but ignore another.

pikachief
Aug 8, 2012, 12:58 PM
And doesn't a lot of video games take some things from real life? Look at the basic physics. If you want to complain about reskins when you see the same thing happen in nature, then why not complain about the fact that they have gravity similar to earth, and their univers has other physical characteristics similar to Earth. You can't implicitly require one science but ignore another.

Physics don't allow me to jump that high nor float in the air while I swing a sword that's 3 times my size.

Ana-Chan
Aug 8, 2012, 01:11 PM
Physics don't allow me to jump that high nor float in the air while I swing a sword that's 3 times my size.

Now this feels like you want to be contrary for the sake of it. But well, I conceed. In games we want things to be as different from real life as possible. So monsters on the same planet must be vastly different then.

NoiseHERO
Aug 8, 2012, 01:18 PM
Did this turn into bickering about realism in a videogame, just because a few people didn't get used to phantasy star being re-skin hell since the first game?

Polly
Aug 8, 2012, 01:22 PM
Did this turn into bickering about realism in a videogame, just because a few people didn't get used to phantasy star being re-skin hell since the first game?

Folks just like to bitch and moan.

kkow
Aug 8, 2012, 01:33 PM
floating islands. realism. hmm.

reskin or not, such a boring area. very disappointing. already such an easy game. psp2 was harder with less mobs.

looks nice though.zzzzzzzzzzz

Husq
Aug 8, 2012, 01:36 PM
Most of the new things are OK, but that new flying bird thing is just horrible. Seriously, most of the time I cannot reach them at all, unless i use the partisan toss up PA, rising edge or sword dance. It seems that in every update a new enemy appears that can fly/hover even higher than in the previous update and is almost unreachable for hunters.

DARKWINGDARA
Aug 8, 2012, 01:41 PM
love it, gorgeous area. tad boring music, though. was expecting some more trance, or something.
love the way enemies perish, makes me giddy.

Shou
Aug 8, 2012, 01:46 PM
Regular spamable enemies are still way too easy. The crystal dragon is a decent challenge though. Seeing 3/4 party members die from one attack was very satisfying.

BIG OLAF
Aug 8, 2012, 01:47 PM
Regular spamable enemies are still way too easy. The crystal dragon is a decent challenge though. Seeing 3/4 party members die from one attack was very satisfying.

It sounds morbid, but I also was excited when we kept dying. He is actually a hard boss. I also saw some good screenshot opportunities, but didn't take any since I haven't learned his patterns yet.

zemog
Aug 8, 2012, 02:10 PM
Level 40 characters seem to rip through the area easily... but is that just on normal difficulty? Isn't that what Hard difficulty is for? I was thinking that Normal was meant for level 30 characters, perhaps...

Windadept
Aug 8, 2012, 02:18 PM
Windiras are cliff racers, and the Quartz Dragon is a Macross!

Nuff said.

Valymer
Aug 8, 2012, 02:24 PM
Level 40 characters seem to rip through the area easily... but is that just on normal difficulty? Isn't that what Hard difficulty is for? I was thinking that Normal was meant for level 30 characters, perhaps...

The new area is Hard difficulty only (like Mines)

I agree about the boss, I just fought him for the first time with a lvl 36 friend of mine and we went through about 8 Moon Atomizers before he finally died. I will say that the dragon is VERY magic resistant...as Force with a somewhat decent T-attk I was RaFoie for like 100-200s lol. He is definately not like Vol Dragon where you can just perma-strafe and avoid all his attacks, I was using mirage escape a LOT.

But yeah the rest of the enemies are pretty much easier or on par with those found in Mines, with the exception of the drakes...their laser does some nice damage and they have a good amount of HP. Still nothing to fear in the normal levels though, really.

Rowe
Aug 8, 2012, 02:38 PM
I've only played the first quest of the area, which is always kind of easy and dull, but yeah, I found it kind of bland. I'm hoping when V.Hard comes out next month they'll pump it up. Hell, they adjusted the difficulty of some of the other stuff, so maybe they'll tweak this area around some too.

The thing that bugs me the most is, uh, did anyone else notice that the area is full of houses? The fact that some of the little dragon creatures are using tools obviously means they have some level of intelligence, but they also have dwellings? Cities? And who knows if all the other crazy-block-technology everywhere is theirs? Why are we trying to exterminate these creatures?! As far as I can gather, they wouldn't mean us any harm if we weren't invading their home planet!

Flame
Aug 8, 2012, 03:09 PM
Most of the new things are OK, but that new flying bird thing is just horrible. Seriously, most of the time I cannot reach them at all, unless i use the partisan toss up PA, rising edge or sword dance. It seems that in every update a new enemy appears that can fly/hover even higher than in the previous update and is almost unreachable for hunters.

Wouldn't that be ST hinting that you should use the gunslash? I like a game that makes you take advantage of your equipment.

Yeah this new level does look a bit bland over all. I watched a couple videos but hope it looks better during gameplay. It seems to me though that after Caves, the levels start to look very plain and uninspired. The desert looks like it could be from a ps2 game. Mayhaps they've run out of budget?

Agitated_AT
Aug 8, 2012, 03:13 PM
Wouldn't that be ST hinting that you should use the gunslash? I like a game that makes you take advantage of your equipment.

Yeah this new level does look a bit bland over all. I watched a couple videos but hope it looks better during gameplay. It seems to me though that after Caves, the levels start to look very plain and uninspired. The desert looks like it could be from a ps2 game. Mayhaps they've run out of budget?

The game's been having a development cycle of 4 years. Looking at the game compared to other full fledged games that are made within 2 years, I wouldnt say it has to do with budget.

That isn't a big issue to me though. I think I am going to take a break of this game because I am really dissapointed in how the 6th area is still a cakewalk to go through. The bosses are amazing i'll give ya'll that, but FFS is that the only thing where people are gonna find satisfaction in? I want the regular fields to become challenging as well. Let experience points and loot become an actual fucking earnage instead of just time consuming button mash. God...

redroses
Aug 8, 2012, 03:24 PM
I really love the new area. It is so pretty, and there are so many things to see, like the little houses everywhere (oh god, which makes me wonder if the monsters are just trying to protect their houses, we are horrible). What I also like about the stage is how it feels like the land was once underwater. Everything reminds me of the oceaon floor in that level, like the some flowers look like seaweed and other things look like corals.
I also very much enjoy the color of the monsters. And the Crystal Dragon is just beautiful, I must take more screens of him!

Renvalt
Aug 8, 2012, 03:28 PM
The thing that bugs me the most is, uh, did anyone else notice that the area is full of houses? The fact that some of the little dragon creatures are using tools obviously means they have some level of intelligence, but they also have dwellings? Cities? And who knows if all the other crazy-block-technology everywhere is theirs? Why are we trying to exterminate these creatures?! As far as I can gather, they wouldn't mean us any harm if we weren't invading their home planet!

The reason they are hostile is because they deem us responsible for the Darkers infecting their people. Want proof? When you, Aki, and Light go down to investigate, you all find a Vol Dragon infected pretty badly. You manage to save him, and the Dinian Sage (whose name I forget) manages to somehow work himself into a debt making amends with you.

My belief is that our responsibility to purge the Darkers somehow brought us to Amduscia, and that the Dragonkin there probably thought we were there to finish them off (when it was the exact opposite). Other than that, I don't think they'd pose much of a threat under normal circumstances. Like most alien species, they just want to be left the hell alone.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 8, 2012, 03:50 PM
Even though most people seem to find it "easy"... The mini-dragonmen are a pain. They just won't stop comboing the crap out of you.

zOObie1
Aug 8, 2012, 04:13 PM
Since it drops Gigrants 10, and hopefully Grants 10, All For

Gigrants 10? Is this true? I can't imagine how hard that's going to hit.

jooozek
Aug 8, 2012, 04:16 PM
Gigrants 10? Is this true? I can't imagine how hard that's going to hit.

Yes, it's true. Suck that Grants itself is still only available from Marlu, and that too, only lv. 1.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 8, 2012, 04:30 PM
*Reads Posts across these 4 pages of the thread*

*Sigh* wow... some people are never happy, even when we get pretty damn good new content. Just.. wow.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 8, 2012, 04:33 PM
One word: AWESOME

Ueno54
Aug 8, 2012, 05:16 PM
Hope I can find some sweet stuff before my shop pass runs out and charge a stupid amount for it.

Valymer
Aug 8, 2012, 05:26 PM
You thought the quartz dragon was tough before...wait until an infected one goes into STEALTH MODE

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ep3dhx.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ik8pqo.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/24wekq1.jpg

Hard to predict his movements when you can't see which way he is facing..

Chik'Tikka
Aug 8, 2012, 05:48 PM
Meh....
Where's my beach sega?!?! +^_^+

Blizz3112
Aug 8, 2012, 05:54 PM
Meh....
Where's my beach sega?!?! +^_^+

Quit beaching about a beach... :D (But yeah, a beach would be awesome)

Laxedrane
Aug 8, 2012, 06:00 PM
The game's been having a development cycle of 4 years. Looking at the game compared to other full fledged games that are made within 2 years, I wouldnt say it has to do with budget.

That isn't a big issue to me though. I think I am going to take a break of this game because I am really dissapointed in how the 6th area is still a cakewalk to go through. The bosses are amazing i'll give ya'll that, but FFS is that the only thing where people are gonna find satisfaction in? I want the regular fields to become challenging as well. Let experience points and loot become an actual fucking earnage instead of just time consuming button mash. God...

I personally find making my character look exactly like I want him to. Either saving up for or getting the weapons I want to complete his style. Also, finally, playing with friends bullshitting laughing and just generally enjoying what's going on instead of worrying about the fine details very satisfying.

That's me though and I appreciate people have different taste, so just like I wouldn't say you should be happy becuase I am happy with the way the game playing out. You shouldn't blanketly say the game completely unsatisfying to everyone becuase it's not hard enough for you.

Quite frankly it's kind of sega fault for not properly implementing the content with people progression rate in mind. If the first ark mission requires 35 the same start requirement as the mines. Then obviously the area is going to feel easy to people who been 40... For how long now? Complete with their pimped armor, builds now down to a science, and weapons affixed to the max.

I'll letcha know if I feel it's to easy as someone coming fresh into 35 with no help from another high level class. Maybe I'll be on your side.(I still wouldn't call the game unsatisfying though) However if I remember my pso right. The first real big jump in difficulty levels wasn't until you hit very hard. So maybe it's time to hold out for that?

Aeris
Aug 8, 2012, 06:07 PM
*Reads Posts across these 4 pages of the thread*

*Sigh* wow... some people are never happy, even when we get pretty damn good new content. Just.. wow.

Reminds me of a daily i do in a mmo on a questionnaire, had the answer "You can't make everyone happy all the time"

Coatl
Aug 8, 2012, 06:23 PM
You thought the quartz dragon was tough before...wait until an infected one goes into STEALTH MODE

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i45.tinypic.com/2ep3dhx.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/24wekq1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

FFFFFFF..that'd be the end of me.

Agitated_AT
Aug 8, 2012, 06:29 PM
I personally find making my character look exactly like I want him to. Either saving up for or getting the weapons I want to complete his style. Also, finally, playing with friends bullshitting laughing and just generally enjoying what's going on instead of worrying about the fine details very satisfying.

That's me though and I appreciate people have different taste, so just like I wouldn't say you should be happy becuase I am happy with the way the game playing out. You shouldn't blanketly say the game completely unsatisfying to everyone becuase it's not hard enough for you.

Quite frankly it's kind of sega fault for not properly implementing the content with people progression rate in mind. If the first ark mission requires 35 the same start requirement as the mines. Then obviously the area is going to feel easy to people who been 40... For how long now? Complete with their pimped armor, builds now down to a science, and weapons affixed to the max.

I'll letcha know if I feel it's to easy as someone coming fresh into 35 with no help from another high level class. Maybe I'll be on your side.(I still wouldn't call the game unsatisfying though) However if I remember my pso right. The first real big jump in difficulty levels wasn't until you hit very hard. So maybe it's time to hold out for that?
I understand your POV Laxedrane. I can understand people enjoy games for different reasons, but mind seeing this not only from my POV, but objectively towards the game's succes and lifespan. If everything is so easy, people will lose interest quick. Frankly it's boring, it's boring to even those aren't that good at the game.

I am lvl 36 myself and I play little because the cap is so low. So I looked forward to this new content and I notice a slight line going up with each area when it comes to difficulty. But at some point you wanna feel some progression, especially at the 6th area. 6th for god sakes, we've had our learning curve allready. We allready know how the mechanics work, we've mastered it, now challenge us for god sakes. Make us earn our high exp and good loot. Make us fucking earn it allready!!

Neith
Aug 8, 2012, 06:30 PM
The area itself is really cool, very well designed. Quartz Dragon is a really fun fight as well.

However, I realise that it's on the same planet as Caves, but almost every enemy there is just a blue version of a Caves enemy. The blue version of Caterdra'n doesn't even seem to be any different in regards to moveset other than maybe being faster. Great area but it's a bit spoiled by the lazy selection of enemies.

Edit: As far as difficulty goes, remember we only have Hard mode currently. Still a long way to go yet.

Rowe
Aug 8, 2012, 06:59 PM
Yeah, it seems like the monsters are everyone's biggest complaint. In Mines, the Spartans were reused heavily and the Gilchich was from Desert, but it was a fairly rare enemy in Desert. There were 5 all-new enemy types (exploding Spartan, Sino, 2 types of Guardian, and Gilnach) and two all-new bosses. The flying islands have 2 new enemy types: little ball-shooting dragon and flying dragon, and one new boss. Personally, I'dve been happy if they'd replaced the dragon-people enemies from Caves with ones using different weapons. Say, instead of sword, launcher, rod, they could've done double-saber, talis, and mechguns. That way, it wouldn't just be a straight-up reskin but also wouldn't require completely-from-scratch new models.

One of these days, I'm going to learn the names of all the monsters. I know most of them, I swear!

Ueno54
Aug 8, 2012, 07:02 PM
Confusion vs Quartz Dragon is pretty rough.

Gama
Aug 8, 2012, 07:03 PM
i had to tone down the screen the new area gave me headaches :/ too bright.

Agitated_AT
Aug 8, 2012, 07:26 PM
Edit: As far as difficulty goes, remember we only have Hard mode currently. Still a long way to go yet.
Do you even play any other games? Because you'll notice the normal mode is usually the overall balanced mode with reasonable challenge. This WAS the case in PSO1 or even slightly in PSU and portable. And your excuse is, we are still at hard mode? Are you serious? Hard mode doesn't even feel like a normal mode, but an easy mode. Take in mind that I do like the bosses.

SPOnion
Aug 8, 2012, 07:32 PM
little ball-shooting dragon and flying dragon, and one new boss

Don't forget about the flying fish...

Magus_84
Aug 8, 2012, 07:37 PM
Do you even play any other games? Because you'll notice the normal mode is usually the overall balanced mode with reasonable challenge. This WAS the case in PSO1 or even slightly in PSU and portable. And your excuse is, we are still at hard mode? Are you serious? Hard mode doesn't even feel like a normal mode, but an easy mode. Take in mind that I do like the bosses.

Probably thinking of the PSO-style progression...

So Normal -> Hard -> Very Hard -> Ultimate

Flame
Aug 8, 2012, 07:37 PM
Reminds me of a daily i do in a mmo on a questionnaire, had the answer "You can't make everyone happy all the time"

What is up with people jumping on anyone that expresses any sort of dissatisfaction? The game is far from perfect, get over it. There's nothing wrong with discussing ways it can be better.

Ana-Chan
Aug 8, 2012, 07:43 PM
What is up with people jumping on anyone that expresses any sort of dissatisfaction? The game is far from perfect, get over it. There's nothing wrong with discussing ways it can be better.

Yup, nothing wrong with it. The problems usually start when people see a differing opinion as someone calling them wrong, and then flames and insults stem from there.

Vashyron
Aug 8, 2012, 08:42 PM
Man I really am dissatisfied with the current difficulty, the new Quartz Dragon is a nice challenge that I'll try to Solo later as Hunter, but everywhere else? It's really no fun to me at this point to be face rolling everything if I actually go and do the most rewarding thing. (That being multiparties.)

At this point it's a really dropping my interest for the game fast. I'm not really a person who relatively enjoyed hunting items in the past games, but now a it's even farther away thought in my head. Why even hunt for anything if in the end all you end up doing is joining multiparties where it's basically a race to touch things before they are obliterated by the 11 other people?

Jakosifer
Aug 8, 2012, 08:51 PM
It won't get any better so long as they keep restricting specific levels to the higher level missions. "Hard" so far just seem to keep enemies to your scale. Should really just have all Hard mode stuff open at 20, then people won't pretty much always be on even ground against everything.

It's Phantasy Star of course. Ult wasn't hard either, the combat system in PSO gave a decent illusion though.

Basically, I'm not expecting many improvements from a difficulty standpoint, and frankly I don't mind.

Zyrusticae
Aug 8, 2012, 08:53 PM
I dnno, I'm hoping at some point they at least do some minor scaling for multiparty mobs (something like 10% per person past the first two or something like that, for a total of double the HP for a full multiparty) so that they at least have a chance to do some damage.

Other than that, I find it strange that they don't let you take any missions with astronomically-higher-level mobs. They were ubiquitous in PSU, with mobs being considerably higher-level than you at many points in the game. Did JP players really not take to that well or something? Hmmm.

Ezodagrom
Aug 8, 2012, 09:09 PM

[spoiler-box]http://i45.tinypic.com/2ep3dhx.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/24wekq1.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Looking at its name, it seems like it's not just an infected quartz dragon, it seems like it's a variant of the quartz dragon similar to hollow corpse dark ragne (no idea what it's called).

Ueno54
Aug 8, 2012, 10:09 PM
Man I really am dissatisfied with the current difficulty, the new Quartz Dragon is a nice challenge that I'll try to Solo later as Hunter, but everywhere else? It's really no fun to me at this point to be face rolling everything if I actually go and do the most rewarding thing. (That being multiparties.)

At this point it's a really dropping my interest for the game fast. I'm not really a person who relatively enjoyed hunting items in the past games, but now a it's even farther away thought in my head. Why even hunt for anything if in the end all you end up doing is joining multiparties where it's basically a race to touch things before they are obliterated by the 11 other people?

I had a code duel vs him earlier today and he's like really not that hard. Panthers are still the most difficult boss IMO. He has a breakable tail and nose, thats all I got off before he died anyway.

Gardios
Aug 8, 2012, 10:21 PM
Don't some enemies gain new attack patterns on Hard? I assume (/hope) they'll add more and play around with the AI when they introduce higher difficulty levels.

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2012, 10:24 PM
Don't some enemies gain new attack patterns on Hard? I assume (/hope) they'll add more and play around with the AI when they introduce higher difficulty levels.

Not that I know of, but you're right, I hope they do.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 8, 2012, 11:50 PM
Troll boxes that you can't get to+^_^+
http://t.qkme.me/357195.jpg
Meh, where's my beach SEGAC!! +^_^+

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 05:54 AM
So yeah, re: hunters saying this boss is easy

The chaining back and forth melee I can deal with just fine, even though that kills me if I get caught in the first one. The 180 and 360 degree spins, totally cool. The crazy charges are awesome to time just guard with, love a boss that plays chicken. The laser beams with zero travel time - cake. There's a slight delay between rearing his head and firing. The homing missiles are pretty irritating at times, if you get caught by one of the first few you get stunlocked and wasted - but just move and evade them.

But what in fuck's sake am I meant to do about these fucking confusing lasers? I've tried just guarding and it's worked a couple times, but it's not reliable given they hit from all directions and since you can't see the damn crystals when you're beneath the boss. Being rezzed after the fact does not count. The answer can't seriously be "just run the fuck away every time he raises his wings like he's firing one of the two ranged attacks" because that would be the lamest shit in the world. Getting juggled by the dash and double ground slam is BS as well, quite a few times I never even hit the ground to heal.

Starting to get a bit irked by how much of this recent content caters directly to rangers and throws hunters and forces under the bus. Three ranger souls in a row, easily evaded attacks at range, primarily r-atk damage so r-def is ideal, etc. Oh, great, gigrants 10 and units that requires either gimping your mag or going into the ice tree (so gimping your tree). But hey, that's the last ranger soul. Forces should get their new souls in the next update, hopefully both of them.

edit: Oh, one cool bit I caught - the same way you hear Ragne yelling when he spawns somewhere on the map, you can hold X to watch the quartz dragon flying around the map for a bit.

Crimson Exile
Aug 9, 2012, 06:24 AM
So yeah, re: hunters saying this boss is easy

The chaining back and forth melee I can deal with just fine, even though that kills me if I get caught in the first one. The 180 and 360 degree spins, totally cool. The crazy charges are awesome to time just guard with, love a boss that plays chicken. The laser beams with zero travel time - cake. There's a slight delay between rearing his head and firing. The homing missiles are pretty irritating at times, if you get caught by one of the first few you get stunlocked and wasted - but just move and evade them.

But what in fuck's sake am I meant to do about these fucking confusing lasers? I've tried just guarding and it's worked a couple times, but it's not reliable given they hit from all directions and since you can't see the damn crystals when you're beneath the boss. Being rezzed after the fact does not count. The answer can't seriously be "just run the fuck away every time he raises his wings like he's firing one of the two ranged attacks" because that would be the lamest shit in the world. Getting juggled by the dash and double ground slam is BS as well, quite a few times I never even hit the ground to heal.

Starting to get a bit irked by how much of this recent content caters directly to rangers and throws hunters and forces under the bus. Three ranger souls in a row, easily evaded attacks at range, primarily r-atk damage so r-def is ideal, etc. Oh, great, gigrants 10 and units that requires either gimping your mag or going into the ice tree (so gimping your tree). But hey, that's the last ranger soul. Forces should get their new souls in the next update, hopefully both of them.

edit: Oh, one cool bit I caught - the same way you hear Ragne yelling when he spawns somewhere on the map, you can hold X to watch the quartz dragon flying around the map for a bit.
Lol you answered yourself just run man just run. It's lame but it works.

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 06:48 AM
That's laaaaaaaaaaaame, but fine. I'll run like a baby until I figure out some classy way to do it instead.

Dokudoku
Aug 9, 2012, 06:06 PM
yep, too easy. i feel like the way they are running the game (tundra, mines, and floating world are already "hard", not "normal"), nothing will ever get harder.

Are forest, caves and desert gonna be the only fields with all 4 difficulties (normal, hard, vhard and ult)?

i don't see how they're gonna push the level cap all the way to 200 keeping everything so easy to kill and limiting the difficulties (areas later on will start on vhard, or even ultimate, and that'll be it). i was looking forward to seeing new versions of enemies in ultimate, but i guess i'll only see forest, caves & desert (that is, if the difficulty pattern they're planning follows normal>hard>vhard>ult).

stupid design decision imo. it'd help the flow, difficulty & fun of the game a lot of all new fields were defaulted to normal, and then hard was actually a step above, instead of starting at hard. STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blastifyys
Aug 9, 2012, 06:16 PM
well you ASK WHATS my opinion on floating so i would have to say godddddddd dam quarttz dragon stop taking steroids the spawns are ok and then we come down to the redboxes whats inside them are woooooot

NoiseHERO
Aug 9, 2012, 06:32 PM
Those shield-less swordsmen lizards that jump at you from far away, FROM BEHIND THE CATADRAN BOSS WHERE YOU CAN'T SEE THEM.

Fuck them.

Blastifyys
Aug 9, 2012, 06:34 PM
Those shield-less swordsmen lizards that jump at you from far away, FROM BEHIND THE CATADRAN BOSS WHERE YOU CAN'T SEE THEM.

Fuck them.
hahahah i was about to say the same thing yesterday i was doing slink dragon<i call him and the mutha fucking things did a tag team all i see is boom jump up hit then boom agian the other jumped up and hit

Rowe
Aug 9, 2012, 06:37 PM
I'd be happy if they added a Normal mode to the Hard-only areas, so that once we unlock them as Hard we can play there with our other classes. Depending on how they do new-class/sub-class leveling, this could be really handy. The problem with changing the current Hard to Normal and making a new "Hard" difficulty that'd be equivalent to a V.Hard forest is that there are quests that expect you to be in Hard mode. I'm not sure how many, but I guess those'd have to be changed around?

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 9, 2012, 06:38 PM

Fuck them.

That's good o'll gorilla tactics. You should give them a cookie then have your frustrated sexual desires thrown upon defenseless swordsman who just want to get your attention.

Link1275
Aug 9, 2012, 06:39 PM
Troll boxes that you can't get to+^_^+
http://t.qkme.me/357195.jpg
Meh, where's my beach SEGAC!! +^_^+

That is an awesome idea. Time to dust off the old shotgun, and go shoot troll faces!