PDA

View Full Version : wonder about people's choices on Mag

hanazawadeus
Aug 8, 2012, 03:50 AM
Hi guys, new to this forum, but been in pso2 for a few weeks, went through a lot of rebuild(5~6 chars :-( ) and then just today realized my char might went for a wrong Mag...

I went from フォルナクス(Fornax) to レプス(Lepus) then to オリオン(Orion) to get PP Recovery H, as a forcer it seems to be useful(never paid attention even when it activated:-?). Anyway, the problem is with Photon Blast. When I read many Japanese's blogs, found out many forcers chose Apus as their Mag. For some odd reasons all Mags' Photon Blasts are based on melee attribute, except the last two, コルブス(Corvus) on range and アプス(Apus) on magic...

I'm currently LV 29, wonder if I should restart my character or hell to Photon Blast and stick with my cute Orion^^;. What's people's thought and yours choices on your Mags?(any job)

anyone want to be friend, デュース is my name on ship 8

LK1721
Aug 8, 2012, 04:00 AM
Honestly, the way this game plays, it doesn't matter that much about the Photon Blast. If you like your Orion, then keep it! I personally have the token R-Attack Mag (which I do not know the name of) but I mostly chose to make that based on the stats I wanted along with appearance rather than the Photon Blast.

It probably won't ever matter enough for you to have to start your character over, so don't worry too much about it.

Edit: Figured it out, my particular mag is Cephus.

Nerineri
Aug 8, 2012, 04:07 AM
I wonder though, does our T-atk boost Mag's damage and photon blast? Considered that the Mag in question is Apse that has magic attack attribute?

Dammy
Aug 8, 2012, 04:22 AM
I wonder though, does our T-atk boost Mag's damage and photon blast? Considered that the Mag in question is Apse that has magic attack attribute?
yes

when i switch class to hu or ra my Apse does less damage with Pb

Courina
Aug 8, 2012, 05:10 AM
the photon blast for me... thunderstorm!!! since im a Thunder Freak Cast FO

DARKWINGDARA
Aug 8, 2012, 08:28 AM
i went with caelum on my FO 'cus looks.

Link1275
Aug 8, 2012, 09:53 AM
I'm a force and I have a Monoceros, and it's almost entirely for looks(the being a monoceros).

Chik'Tikka
Aug 8, 2012, 01:50 PM
The one that looks like a Cylon raider+^_^+

Ueno54
Aug 8, 2012, 02:37 PM
I ended up at 150 with a Cygnus, because Delphinus kept pissing me off with the knock up it seemingly popped on every new mob I targeted.

Dan Maku
Aug 8, 2012, 03:15 PM
I chose my MAG evolution partly because of aethetics (with my blue coat, it looks like Grounder XD) and partly because of my focus on DPS and a desire to play a Hunter as my secondary main class.

Kylie
Aug 8, 2012, 06:19 PM
I honestly don't know how much my Mag is affecting my stats right now, but my Mag is about to hit 100 and turn into Cygnus (I hope). I've decided on 70, 30, 0, and 50 . . . as end stats, and in theory, I think I've made a good choice. I'm a LV25-ish HU, by the way.

Rowe
Aug 8, 2012, 06:36 PM
I'm a Ranger with the Caelum Mag, planning to go "Guntekker" (or whatever) once that option is available. I love how it looks and the poison Megid shots are nice for dealing with medium-sized monsters. My biggest complaint is the skill that comes with it: super-massive increase in PP regeneration rate for 10 seconds after you enter a new area. I've never once been able to get to an enemy spawn to actually USE the bonus, and it doesn't even happen that often! I wish they'd do something to make it better, either by changing the trigger or extending the duration or something. I should've done Cepheus first and then changed over to Caelum to get a better power-up...

hanazawadeus
Aug 9, 2012, 07:40 PM
I see majority of people choose their Mags just for looks^^ just reached 150 before the maintenance and I ended up sticking with Orion.

Future plan for my hunter will be from Lyra to Fornax and end up with Tsukana, as many say its PB hits the hardest. and Fornax to Antlia then Corvus for my ranger, as its PB is range attribute.

Zenobia
Aug 9, 2012, 07:43 PM
Going full RAtak on my mag ad with a certain build i have planned ill be knocking on the bosses doors with let say 3-4k damage yeah smexy.

Lostbob117
Aug 9, 2012, 07:47 PM
S-Atk: 65
ABL: 50
S-Def: 35

Would be mine but mine is ending like this

S-Atk: 65
R-Atk: 2
ABL: 50
S-Def: 33

_Nue
Aug 9, 2012, 07:51 PM
My Carena can't aim. But good mag nonetheless.

HFlowen
Aug 9, 2012, 07:55 PM
I have...

A Leo, my original mag that I just fed random things to.
An Apus for Tech damage
A Tucana for my Ranger. Was originally a caelum but the PB on caelum is pants on head retarded. Tucana's PB is pants on legs reasonable.
Currently feeding an armor based mag that is an Orion right now. Not sure if I wanna switch him to another evolution or not.

PSO Addict
Aug 9, 2012, 08:55 PM
My complaint about mags is that you need to put defence on them to equip the best armor. By the time I found this out, it was too late. My dispute with my awesome wizard mag photon blast is that it doesn't restore PP while charging because I do not have revival making it near useless. Just some things that are nice to know before you train them that way.

Zenobia
Aug 9, 2012, 09:07 PM
My complaint about mags is that you need to put defence on them to equip the best armor. By the time I found this out, it was too late. My dispute with my awesome wizard mag photon blast is that it doesn't restore PP while charging because I do not have revival making it near useless. Just some things that are nice to know before you train them that way.

Well considering both male and human newmans both have 288 def at max lvl i could see the dislike here D:

Devroux
Aug 9, 2012, 09:28 PM
Do the auto-attacks have any extra side affect? Like, will they also inflict a status on the opponent?

Gardios
Aug 9, 2012, 09:37 PM
I have an Orion right now, mainly for aesthetics. Will probably buy another Mag later on for my HU and raise SATK/SDEF so it'll turn into Delphinus, which I wish wasn't so ugly... <_<

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2012, 09:38 PM
Do the auto-attacks have any extra side affect? Like, will they also inflict a status on the opponent?

Yes, they do.

Devroux
Aug 9, 2012, 09:41 PM
Yes, they do.
And what exactly does the light status do?

Sorry if my questions are a little off topic or nooby. I'm new at this. :lol:

Zenobia
Aug 9, 2012, 09:44 PM
And what exactly does the light status do?

Sorry if my questions are a little off topic or nooby. I'm new at this. :lol:

Pls every1 here loves to help im hoping so i beileve the light status effect including it procs on the enemy makes them attack there kin hence turns them into ur ally for a bit and they attack them.

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2012, 09:47 PM
Pls every1 here loves to help im hoping so i beileve the light status effect including it procs on the enemy makes them attack there kin hence turns them into ur ally for a bit and they attack them.

I wouldn't really call them an ally but yes it makes them attack other enemies, though it seems like if there's an enemy they'd fight anyway then they'll prioritize them. (natives will go after darkers before going after eachother for instance).

Zenobia
Aug 9, 2012, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't really call them an ally but yes it makes them attack other enemies, though it seems like if there's an enemy they'd fight anyway then they'll prioritize them. (natives will go after darkers before going after eachother for instance).

Nice piggy back and yeah forgot that if darkers are around they will always go for them first.

Devroux
Aug 9, 2012, 10:08 PM
Well thanks guys. xD

I so far can't decide on whether or not to go with a Caelum or Monoceros. I'm love being a force, so I'm majorly leaning towards a trimate fed Monoceros. Is that an okay idea?

Zekester
Aug 9, 2012, 11:09 PM
Im still waiting for my Rati..

If only.
Butttt, come US release i'll be learning more about which stats evolve into which mag. I mainly go for looks.

Slidikins
Aug 9, 2012, 11:55 PM
I'm planning on going Ability until 50 or so, then Tech Atk/Def til it's Lv95 (50 Abil, 45 Tech) to lock it into the ability tree, then boosting Tech for Apus. It'd end at 56 T-Atk, 44 T-Def, and 50 Ability at Lv150... so my FOmarl can wear what she wants at Lv40.

That's the plan anyway. Though she's mainly Ranger at the moment, so I might have to make a new plan for Ranger...