PDA

View Full Version : Where did all the hunters go?

MaryShelley
Aug 8, 2012, 11:25 AM
All i ever see now is force with some ranger peppered in >.>

The Walrus
Aug 8, 2012, 11:27 AM
Force master class

Coatl
Aug 8, 2012, 11:29 AM
Quartz dragon killed them all.
I feel bad for anyone not playing ranger or force when fighting him..

Crysteon
Aug 8, 2012, 11:32 AM
Quartz dragon killed them all.
I feel bad for anyone not playing ranger or force when fighting him..

How so? I dont really have an issue with the boss itself.

eharima
Aug 8, 2012, 11:33 AM
Ranger cast supremacy thread.

Arika
Aug 8, 2012, 11:38 AM
People use Ranger, because it is important to break Quart wings with weak bullet.

But HU doesn't has any issue in this fight. They still do the usual job well.

Polly
Aug 8, 2012, 11:42 AM
Still a Hunter.
Still representin'!
Still spinnin' things.
Still faceplantin' every now and then!
And I still got love for the streets.

JeyKama
Aug 8, 2012, 11:44 AM
People use Ranger, because it is important to break Quart wings with weak bullet.

But HU doesn't has any issue in this fight. They still do the usual job well.

You can break the wings? what is this sorcery... (and here I was trying to break the arms)

eharima
Aug 8, 2012, 11:48 AM
Apart from the fact HU general has tiny AOE, sword gear is shit because not enough mobs to keep it up
wired lance gear is pointless do those PA even charge? Plus target break.
And everything is dead by ranger and FO before you can even get close enough. FUN!
Oh! And you still get knock down with 1555s-def

Inb4antimyopinion

Arika
Aug 8, 2012, 12:01 PM
You can break the wings? what is this sorcery... (and here I was trying to break the arms)

Yes, and about the wing, you aren't just breaking it once, you can continue attack until it break for second time. you will see a lot of black blood leaking from it :D

To notice first break and second break easy way = weak bullet. Because when it break, weak bullet will disappear, then you repeat it again for another round.

UnLucky
Aug 8, 2012, 12:31 PM
RA / FO 2 ez

Garnet_Moon
Aug 8, 2012, 01:59 PM
Michela sat on all the Hunters after smoking the 20 Thick Leaves she asked for.

Ueno54
Aug 8, 2012, 02:43 PM
Hunter is my only 40. I am however leveling a Ranger 18 at the moment to use my Fire Arms!

blace
Aug 8, 2012, 02:45 PM
My hunter was crushed and bludgeoned to oblivion by rockbears before I could get to caves.

NoiseHERO
Aug 8, 2012, 02:50 PM
Seriously I find FO to be the easiest class so far (even easier than RA)

But yeah /had a full hunter party this morning dunno what you guys are talking about.

Then again, I play with team mates and JP randoms...

Blundy
Aug 9, 2012, 12:05 AM
i also do not see many hunters though i am at mid 20's and assume that most people i am playing with are trying different classes due to already maxing hunter or so.

TaigaUC
Aug 9, 2012, 12:08 AM
I think a lot of people played Hunter first because it's the least boring class, and now that they've tweaked their Hunters out, they're levelling the other classes. Either that, or people are finding it a lot easier to be more effective as or obtain powerful gear for Ranger/Force. Ranger stuff seems to drop like crazy, and as a result, is cheaper to purchase.

Lostbob117
Aug 9, 2012, 12:12 AM
I ate them too, sorry.

sugarFO
Aug 9, 2012, 12:12 AM
Michela sat on all the Hunters after smoking the 20 Thick Leaves she asked for.

I'm sorry but this made me lol. XD

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah, hunters are on the fall. In a game like this range is better than HP, so you know. A lot of people just really like easy mode.

Mikura
Aug 9, 2012, 12:14 AM
*raises hand* We still exist. I've been on ranger a lot lately though because seeing EXP FULL all day makes me sad.

KrankItVZ
Aug 9, 2012, 03:26 AM
Quaz or wtv Dragon is fucking fun with HU. Best boss by far imo. 2 annoyances are the stupid confusion thing you get hit with and sometimes random rays of light that just rapes you with low hp. AND it is quite easy to get sword gear up to whoever says there is not enuf mob. I've always had my sword gear at 3 charges unless I was running around because of the confusion status.

Fox2Tails
Aug 9, 2012, 03:32 AM
Uhh, I got a Firearm, that's sorta kept Kailey as a Ranger lately, that and the Units

Crimson Exile
Aug 9, 2012, 05:49 AM
If you haven't seen a hunter you may want to change blocks. I see more Hunters in heavy JP blocks than any other class. Keeping the sword gear up is easy on any boss that's what step attack is for to keep the meter full.

BlueCast Boy
Aug 9, 2012, 07:03 AM
I'm a hunter and still kick butts thou I keep on partying with many rangers and forces who overcome me...

moorebounce
Aug 9, 2012, 07:10 AM
All i ever see now is force with some ranger peppered in >.>

We leveled our hunters up to 40 and are playing with the force or ranger classes now.

Neirene
Aug 9, 2012, 07:34 AM
In my group im one of the very few hunters we have i have lots of fun as a HU the game is much more dinamic, harder and funnier! and the boss fights reminds me a lot to my days playing monster hunter!

Mystil
Aug 9, 2012, 07:36 AM
I'm not lvl40 so, I'm at least 1 hunter you don't see a lot of.

wired lance gear is pointless do those PA even charge? Plus target break.

Normal attacks charge the bars. The PAs use up the bars. Also no one should be using wired lance on bosses anyway.

Edit: And hunter isn't a class for people who can't handle being hit alot. Force and Ranger are really good for escape artists. They are "keep away" classes. Hunter on the other hand, has to guard or dodge. But no matter what, you'll get hit. Because mobs can cheap shot, or lag will troll you, or even your own PA will glitch and the mob will go through with their attacks.

darkante
Aug 9, 2012, 07:47 AM
This Hunter is still going strong and having a blast.
Ranger is ok, just gets a little boring spamming Launcher on mobs.

Fitz069
Aug 9, 2012, 07:57 AM
I am just dissapointed in the lack of weapon types for hunters. Is there really only 4...?

This is why games have gone to shit.... Everything is just Aoe.

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 08:02 AM
I am just dissapointed in the lack of weapon types for hunters. Is there really only 4...?

This is why games have gone to shit.... Everything is just Aoe.

To be fair, the other classes have a smaller selection, although the ranger's PA's make up for that in some part and the force's techs make up for in in great part.

Hunters also have many more weapons on the way in either the next update or the one after that, so within the next 30 or 60 days (Nobody's sure since it isn't announced which, I think 30 though).

Fitz069
Aug 9, 2012, 08:09 AM
Ok. So there is talks and leaks of more types of weapons?

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 08:15 AM
Sure is. This thread may interest you: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199372

Fitz069
Aug 9, 2012, 08:18 AM
Kks.

I wont deny the chance of them existing but anything like this is still speculation. Doesn't matter if it was included in the game data, not everything makes it in.

Innn fact it would be more promising if it came about do to a patch and not the original 3.3 gig download.

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 08:32 AM
Erm, five new weapons are confirmed to be put in along with a level cap raise in the fall. The only question is which five, and which month in the fall.

Given that these are the only other five weapon types found in the game files...the community is basically settled on these being the new additions. Obviously it's speculation, but as far as speculation goes this is looking pretty darn good.

Fitz069
Aug 9, 2012, 08:56 AM
Sounds good.

I'm just glad that this time around the level cap isn't starting at 200.

HiOc
Aug 9, 2012, 09:04 AM
I'm leveling my HU now. I love the challenge and the rush you get from dodging enemies and bosses. Feels good man.

Laxedrane
Aug 9, 2012, 09:34 AM
They've gone to a happier place.

Galerianx
Aug 9, 2012, 10:58 AM
i always play hunter on all pso games only class i love playing just turned lv30 today
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/bluerevan/gollum_l.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

moorebounce
Aug 9, 2012, 11:06 AM
Also no one should be using wired lance on bosses anyway.

I would agree with that statement if someone didn't know how to use them. I use them on bosses all the time and they work pretty well I may add. I usually find a boss's weak spot(s) and use the "Heavenly Fall" PA that way I'm not stuck in some animation and can dodge if I need to. When mobs are near by I use the "Other Spin" PA pulling all the enemies to the boss usually keeping myself from taking any damage. If theres a ranger in the party and they put weak bullet on a weak spot that boss is usually toast when I use Heavenly Fall on them.

So I would have to disagree with your statement.

Jakosifer
Aug 9, 2012, 11:10 AM
You'll see more once DS's come out and people want it just for the cool factor. I hope for that reason that theyre the hardest weapon type to use. Fists will also be a loved weapon in no small part to having the best dodge in the game by a landslide.

Kylie
Aug 9, 2012, 11:11 AM
Thank God. All my friends are hunters, and I need FO bot friends...

Mystil
Aug 9, 2012, 11:38 AM
I would agree with that statement if someone didn't know how to use them. I use them on bosses all the time and they work pretty well I may add. I usually find a boss's weak spot(s) and use the "Heavenly Fall" PA that way I'm not stuck in some animation and can dodge if I need to. When mobs are near by I use the "Other Spin" PA pulling all the enemies to the boss usually keeping myself from taking any damage. If theres a ranger in the party and they put weak bullet on a weak spot that boss is usually toast when I use Heavenly Fall on them.

So I would have to disagree with your statement.
Note that I'm still learning how to use the PAs on mobs. I don't see this being useful on the bosses I'm facing as of now. I'm not 40 like yourself.

In the situation you have described I can agree it would be useful.

I guess I should try Heavenly Fall on Rockbear, just for testing purposes.

Crysteon
Aug 9, 2012, 12:11 PM
Heavenly Fall + Weak Spot + Weak Shot = Total Madness!

Using Wired Lances on bosses is quite an unstable strategy especially if the boss moves a lot. I'd prefer to use them on static weak spots rather than running around idiotically until my attack lands properly..

moorebounce
Aug 9, 2012, 12:19 PM
Note that I'm still learning how to use the PAs on mobs. I don't see this being useful on the bosses I'm facing as of now. I'm not 40 like yourself.

In the situation you have described I can agree it would be useful.

I guess I should try Heavenly Fall on Rockbear, just for testing purposes.

Some bosses don't have a good attack that can get you as close as you have to be to use the Heavenly Fall. The Rockbear is a very good example of that.

Plus I didn't wait until I was level 40 to start using it. lol Thats hat helped me get to level 40.

Using Wired Lances on bosses is quite an unstable strategy especially if the boss moves a lot. I'd prefer to use them on static weak spots rather than running around idiotically until my attack lands properly..

Thats when the "Other Spin" PA comes in handy. The wired lance is all I use on bosses with my hunter. With the dodges it kinda tanking w/o tanking lol

Asakust
Aug 9, 2012, 12:24 PM
Heavenly Fall on bosses is great. So is Grapple Kick. You'd be amazed at the amount of bs dodges you can pull off with all those movement animations. Certainly not something you can just pick up and go at it though, else you're just going to faceplant into a lot of attacks.

Reyva
Aug 9, 2012, 12:52 PM
Eh, wired lance kicks ass. After using Sword for so long, most of the time, I'm on my wired lance skill build. However, there are a few things I still need Sword for thus switch to the Sword build for those things.

And Hunter is probably the only class that makes this game not boring lol. Maybe its because I've been playing "Phantasy Star Rafoie 2" too much as a force, but I can play in my sleep as a force. There is no challenge on anything. Never had a problem with those Koffee timed missions and even did that big vader or whatever quest within 20 min instead of 45 min. Vol Dragon was a joke. I guess the only thing that isn't a joke though is the new boss in the new area since forces suck dmg wise.

When it comes to party play, its even worse since there is no chance I'm going to get hit. So half the time, I'm not even paying attention to the screen. Just keep blasting rafoie.

Rangers aren't as boring though since I switch it up to Gunslash sometimes and it does good damage. So unlike other rangers, I don't use launcher 24/7 because unlike Force and Rafoie, Launcher isn't the best at everything.

Only problem with Hunter is that in your normal areas, if you've got mostly a Force group going on with some rangers or just one OP Force, you can't even hit the mob so what I do is just leech and autofollow because I won't hit the mobs anyways. I'll act like I'm doing sometimes just to go back to autofollow on the force so I can watch TV. If boss spawns, I'll take autofollow off and kill.

So yeah, Hunters need all those weapons from PSU back + a lil more. Gib me Axe back so I can use my Jabroni PA. Would love to see that here haha.

Deadleewar
Aug 9, 2012, 08:28 PM
Hunter 4 lyfe :D, forget the nay-sayers! I was born with a sword in my hand!:D:D

Plus from what I've seen Hunter requires you to be a bit more alert as most melee classes do. Constantly in the way of danger you have to be ready to dodge or block at all times. Also Ranger OP lol.:ak:

PSO Addict
Aug 9, 2012, 08:48 PM
Force for life!!

PSO Addict
Aug 9, 2012, 08:49 PM
I feel sorry for your mother Mr. Deadleewar.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 9, 2012, 08:54 PM
I refuse to play hunter until they get doublesabers or when they heavily nerf rangers.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Aug 9, 2012, 08:57 PM
I play Hunter a lot. I've been working up Ranger recently. Lovrina is both a Hunter and Ranger. always has. just waiting for hybrid class's.

Ueno54
Aug 9, 2012, 09:04 PM
Heavenly Fall + Weak Spot + Weak Shot = Total Madness!

Still think having a sword with 3 sonic aero PAs will outdo it if you spam your entire bar with charged sword gear. You can do 1 fall in the time it takes to throw 3 aeros.

Ana-Chan
Aug 9, 2012, 09:09 PM
I've been playing hunter a lot myself recently. My usual class is a force, so it is a nice change.
But anyway, where did sonic aero come from anyway, especially since the kana is ソニックアロウ and the a kana has only one way of pronouncing it, like the a in ah, or cat, or sat.