PDA

View Full Version : English patch update Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:34 am CST

Chik'Tikka
Aug 8, 2012, 01:57 PM
+^_^+ you all know where to look, and if not Google is you friend+^_^+ but English patch version has been updated+^_^+

Mikura
Aug 8, 2012, 01:59 PM
Yep, been looking at that now. I'm impressed they got it up and running again so fast.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 8, 2012, 02:01 PM
Yep, been looking at that now. I'm impressed they got it up and running again so fast.

well, the base translation and patch existed in April, and since Sega used the same client as CBT, Agrajag and the other has a slight head start compared to other games and translations on the market+^_^+ I am a lot more impressed with the skill needed over the time it took+^_^+

zemog
Aug 8, 2012, 02:03 PM
Was the update to just get it working again? (Did it stop working at all with new patch from Sega?)

Or was it also to add translations for new content (quest info, client order info) ?

Garnet_Moon
Aug 8, 2012, 02:04 PM
Was the update to just get it working again? (Did it stop working at all with new patch from Sega?)

Or was it also to add translations for new content (quest info, client order info) ?

It re-enabled the old patch. The new stuff is coming as soon as they get someone with a little more time to do it.

It's on their website. Google it. If you need help on the new stuff, which isn't translated, Bumped is always a good source:

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-open-beta-begins-and-mini-guide/#koffee

RogueA
Aug 8, 2012, 02:04 PM
They've said it's just to get it working. They'll have a better version with the new content sometime this week.

Mikura
Aug 8, 2012, 02:06 PM
I didn't realize each update like this would break the patch though. I figured you'd just have to re-apply the old one each time. Looks like they'll be busy for a good, long while then.

Zyrusticae
Aug 8, 2012, 02:08 PM
The patch probably broke it because some of the files that were modified changed a bit. With a patch this big, it was inevitable.

(The game is going to break 20 GBs by year's end, mark my words...)

Mystil
Aug 8, 2012, 02:38 PM
I didn't realize each update like this would break the patch though. I figured you'd just have to re-apply the old one each time. Looks like they'll be busy for a good, long while then.

I expect most client updates will overwrite all files in the win32 folder.

NicholasCzarII
Aug 8, 2012, 04:03 PM
since the game had a maitence/update last night
is there a new english patch?

pikachief
Aug 8, 2012, 04:04 PM
yes. :P

CreamTurk3y
Aug 8, 2012, 04:09 PM
Isn't there something against talking about the english patch?

Or was I on the wrong forum?

xXJoshXx
Aug 8, 2012, 04:10 PM
same place as old one

Mikura
Aug 8, 2012, 04:12 PM
Isn't there something against talking about the english patch?

Or was I on the wrong forum?

You can talk about, just don't provide any specific links on where to get it.

NicholasCzarII
Aug 8, 2012, 04:12 PM
so the old 1 will still work?

CreamTurk3y
Aug 8, 2012, 04:14 PM
You can talk about, just don't provide any specific links on where to get it.

Ah, alright.

NicholasCzarII
Aug 8, 2012, 04:14 PM
will the old 1 still work

Mikura
Aug 8, 2012, 04:15 PM
so the old 1 will still work?

No. You'll have to download the new patch. But it's from the same place as the old one, so it's not hard to find.

Lucida
Aug 8, 2012, 04:51 PM
Hey idk if I am the only one, but since the August 8th, 2012 maintenance work, I have not been able to use the english patch. I see that you all have said it's been updated, but then why is it not working for me? I appreciate any help!

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 8, 2012, 04:56 PM
Hey idk if I am the only one, but since the August 8th, 2012 maintenance work, I have not been able to use the english patch. I see that you all have said it's been updated, but then why is it not working for me? I appreciate any help!

You have to manually download the new english patch and then manually apply it yourself, AFTER your client has already downloaded the new content update

Then it works just fine.

Coelacanth88
Aug 8, 2012, 04:57 PM

You have to go redownload it.

Lucida
Aug 8, 2012, 05:11 PM
You have to manually download the new english patch and then manually apply it yourself, AFTER your client has already downloaded the new content update

Then it works just fine.

I have re-downloaded the old patch that previously worked. Where is the new one that I have to download for the game to run in english? I was under the impression that they had completely stopped the previous patch from working, which is why the game crash for those who try to run it with the patch.

Tswana
Aug 8, 2012, 05:15 PM
I have re-downloaded the old patch that previously worked. Where is the new one that I have to download for the game to run in english? I was under the impression that they had completely stopped the previous patch from working, which is why the game crash for those who try to run it with the patch.

same thing for me, just crashes

CultOfPersonality
Aug 8, 2012, 06:05 PM
I just downloaded it, look harder. It may not be where you think.. Unfortunately can't tell you where to look, but its the 8th of August today... if another date is marked, it won't work.

I downloaded the patch and then re-patched the English patch and it worked fine.