PDA

View Full Version : See You in the NA/EU Server

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 02:16 PM
I'm just picking up on some of the discussions from the past few days now on the non-JP resident blockade thing.

I'm completely okay with this. I don't even mind that I'd be loosing my level 40 with 125hrs or so on it, or the AC I bought. Hell, I'm actually happy about it.

I love the gameplay so far, but the JP server just isn't a fun environment for me. Most of my RL friends are waiting for the NA/EU release right now. I found the whole swimming through a sea of Runes and the division between the me and he majority of the server population to be too annoying to deal with in the long run.

I look forward to starting up a new character, understanding the story and content this time round and playing with my friends at last.

TL;DR

Im happy about starring again on an English server, anyone feel the same?

NoiseHERO
Aug 8, 2012, 02:17 PM
No IP-Block. (Yet)

... :0

blace
Aug 8, 2012, 02:18 PM
In the worst case, they'll only ban people for making themselves obnoxious and completely obvious to cheating. So, I'm highly doubting that anything will be done as seen with how JP PSU has gone.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 8, 2012, 02:18 PM
In the worst case, they'll only ban people for making themselves obnoxious.
This includes spamming TUNA in chat before the server goes down for maintenance.

Sierhiet
Aug 8, 2012, 02:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZnqQ5.gif

Agreed.

Mikura
Aug 8, 2012, 02:20 PM
For the last time, there's no IP block. And I doubt one will ever happen. Hell, you don't even have to worry about dealing with moon runes anymore if you know where to look...so I still see little to no point in waiting for the US/EU version.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 02:27 PM
I look t it like this: one of the most fun times in an Online Game is the beginning. The community forms, people are not locked in cliched yet and everything has a bit of wonder to it. I feel like these few first thing in PSO2 was misse for me because of the language barrier.

Spring, hurry up!

Also, with this news, I can stop playing for now and focus on other things.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 02:28 PM
For the last time, there's no IP block. And I doubt one will ever happen. Hell, you don't even have to worry about dealing with moon runes anymore if you know where to look...so I still see little to no point in waiting for the US/EU version.

Since when did this forum get so pissy? Calm down.

Mystil
Aug 8, 2012, 02:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZnqQ5.gif

Agreed.

Can't tell if that's Dwayne Johnson but yeah. (He looks so..different now)

And i'm saying it again.. if I'm forced off the JP servers, there is a 1% likely chance I'll go over to localized PSO2.. Yeah with a lvl30 cap with no update in sight for 3 months, with a possible life expectancy of 5 years...no thanks.

blace
Aug 8, 2012, 02:32 PM
When people start spamming "OMG IP BANZ!!!11!one!!!eleven!" like the plague? I dunno.

UnLucky
Aug 8, 2012, 02:32 PM
I can't wait for every block to have dancing and spamming le memes and nobody playing missions or talking in games and I skip all the quest text anyway when the new content comes really late or not at all

Oh wait, I'll have to do 20-30 again

Fuck that noise

Mikura
Aug 8, 2012, 02:54 PM

I'm not being pissy about it, but you act as if they're already IP blocking us when everyone can still play the game just fine. Wait until it actually happens first before deciding to call it quits and waiting on the US/EU version.

LK1721
Aug 8, 2012, 02:58 PM
Personally, I won't switch over until I "see" how the server does. Considering Sega's less-than-exceptional track record with the NA/EU servers I'll probably be cautious about completely abandoning my JP account. Though really, I'll probably just end up playing both with different classes, so it will be sort of like leveling an alternate character. Along with this, since I had a bit of trouble purchasing AC from Japan, I can get all of that from the NA/EU version when it rolls around.

Sierhiet
Aug 8, 2012, 03:00 PM

And i'm saying it again.. if I'm forced off the JP servers, there is a 1% likely chance I'll go over to localized PSO2.. Yeah with a lvl30 cap with no update in sight for 3 months, with a possible life expectancy of 5 years...no thanks.

'Tis Mr. Johnson. You can assume based on our previous experience the quality of the US/EU services if you'd like. That's understandable. However, if you are indeed forced off the servers, you should note that it was the assumption that you would play unnoticed / not bothered that made you comfortable to jump ship in the first place and waste your time.

Your arguably getting shafted either way. Difference is, the problem you are facing now is real. The problem which your assuming will happen is just that. An assumption until we see what happens in a few months.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 03:05 PM
When people start spamming "OMG IP BANZ!!!11!one!!!eleven!" like the plague? I dunno.

That's not what the first post was about it all. I'm just saying that I'm glad to be moving over to the worldwide server. I'm moving over regardless there being an IP ban.

Sierhiet
Aug 8, 2012, 03:05 PM
I'm not being pissy about it, but you act as if they're already IP blocking us when everyone can still play the game just fine. Wait until it actually happens first before deciding to call it quits and waiting on the US/EU version. Why waste another second when your clearly not wanted, and at risk for banning beyond this point? Honest question, because I'd rather not deal with the stress. I don't think anyone should have to play clandestine and be OK with it.

LK1721
Aug 8, 2012, 03:12 PM
Why waste another second when your clearly not wanted, and at risk for banning beyond this point? Honest question, because I'd rather not deal with the stress. I don't think anyone should have to play clandestine and be OK with it.

The main reason being is simply because this same clause has been in every PSO/U/P. IN those games, the EN communities had quite the presence anyway, Japan surely knew about them, yet did not act on that clause even though they easily could have. We are all just guessing. Everyone is guessing one way or the other.

We could toss around assumptions on if they will or won't ban us, and if the NA/EU servers will be up to spec this time around, but that just seems redundant.

Mikura
Aug 8, 2012, 03:12 PM
Why waste another second when your clearly not wanted, and at risk for banning beyond this point? Honest question, because I'd rather not deal with the stress. I don't think anyone should have to play clandestine and be OK with it.

Because why not enjoy the game here and now while you can? If it happens, it happens. I'll wait until the US/EU version is released and hop on that. If it doesn't, that's even better.

Either way, it's not going to stress me out.

Sierhiet
Aug 8, 2012, 03:18 PM
Because why not enjoy the game here and now while you can? If it happens, it happens. I'll wait until the US/EU version is released and hop on that. If it doesn't, that's even better.

Either way, it's not going to stress me out.

Understandable. I'm a bit more curious though to hear an answer from those whom are either still resilient against even trying the US release, have been continuously bashing it despite the problems going on JP wise now, or are genuinely and deeply concerned about their character data / progress ect. You seem like your OK with the switch, or rather not that bothered with the loss of progress.

Deadleewar
Aug 8, 2012, 03:23 PM
The game is fun no matter what level you are. I'm only level 16 and the combat is absolutely addicting! I will probably mourn my character if they IP- Ban english players, but I've played PSO since I was 12 so that isn't going to stop me. Plus I'll FINALLY be able to understand WTF is going on! Lol

UnLucky
Aug 8, 2012, 03:26 PM
Because the US/EU version isn't out yet? And non-JP IPs haven't been banned yet?

Quitting or getting banned; either way you won't get to play, so just stick to the JP server. If somehow the English release isn't a steaming pile, you can decide to migrate when that happens. But in the likely situation that it'll be the same deal as every other JP vs NA server Sega's worked on, you can stay on the good one.

Omisan
Aug 8, 2012, 03:32 PM
havent people posted about Sega's response to them when they send emails. Even.. when.. they google translated their stuff to jp.

Sega said, sorry we cant help you unless you are from japan even if you sent us money.

This rule just is clarifying their position on this right?

darkante
Aug 8, 2012, 03:32 PM
Yeah, i wouldn´t worry about being IP banned.
If it happens it happens.

Until then, GAME ON!

Darki
Aug 8, 2012, 03:33 PM
TL;DR

Im happy about starring again on an English server, anyone feel the same?

It depends on how good the english server will be.

AustinMusick
Aug 8, 2012, 03:37 PM
I can't wait for the NA server too.

Vintasticvin
Aug 8, 2012, 03:40 PM

Well you Mystil and others like you with ugly attitudes towards local version dont have to play +^_^+

Other that.... AMERICA VERSION, **** YEAH!!!!!

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 03:41 PM

This is true. Also, thank you for answering the topic instead of assuming I was screaming and yelling about the 'potential' IP ban.

This topic was intended to be about discussing people's opinion
On starting again on a localized server.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 03:42 PM
Well you Mystil and others like you with ugly attitudes towards local version dont have to play +^_^+

Other that.... AMERICA VERSION, **** YEAH!!!!!

*cough*not just gonna be you yankees in there, you know*cough*

Mikura
Aug 8, 2012, 03:45 PM
Understandable. I'm a bit more curious though to hear an answer from those whom are either still resilient against even trying the US release, have been continuously bashing it despite the problems going on JP wise now, or are genuinely and deeply concerned about their character data / progress ect. You seem like your OK with the switch, or rather not that bothered with the loss of progress.

I'm only okay with the switch because I have some friends that are bound-damned determined to wait until it's localized first before even trying it. So I'll switch just because of them. But I'll still continue to play on the JP servers as well if we're still able to.

The loss of progress doesn't even bother me as much since I know I can lvl up and get stronger a hell of a faster than before since I'll know what the hell I'm doing compared to before.

My only real concern is the gap in content, but we won't know about that until the time comes. And I'm not going to fret over something I have no control over, nor have any idea how it's going to pan out. All we have to go by is past history and assumptions, but none of that is set-in-stone facts just yet.

kobiio
Aug 8, 2012, 03:45 PM
NA servers + free to play, for some reason don't sound that appealing.

Coelacanth88
Aug 8, 2012, 03:47 PM
We have a legitimate reason to have 'ugly attitudes' towards local servers. Imagine that every single time you went to Mcdonalds they took 10 minutes to get you your food. Now picture finally getting your food, driving home and finding out it's not even the right order. If Burger King got you your food in 2 minutes almost every time and it was never the wrong order, would you have an 'ugly attitude' towards Mcdonalds?

I played PSO on US servers and got shafted. I played PSU on US servers for over 5 years and got shafted. I'm not going through that again. People keep saying we're not wanted on the JP servers, but I've personally had conversations with Japanese people while playing and they've been nothing but friendly. It probably has something to do with the fact that I'm not a complete jerk who spams and acts like an ass.

I'll probably try the American version, but as long as I can play the JP version I see no point in getting heavily involved in it. Maybe to experience the story in English, that's all.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 8, 2012, 03:47 PM
Funny, I actually didn't like PSU JP very much for this reason. Conversations seemed scarce in that game. Fortunately, things are better in PSO2. Whether or not I'll embrace the NA/EU server ultimately depends on how Sega manages it. But for now, I'll skulk around PSO2 JP.

UnLucky
Aug 8, 2012, 03:53 PM
We have a legitimate reason to have 'ugly attitudes' towards local servers. Imagine that every single time you went to Mcdonalds they took 10 minutes to get you your food. Now picture finally getting your food, driving home and finding out it's not even the right order. If Burger King got you your food in 2 minutes almost every time and it was never the wrong order, would you have an 'ugly attitude' towards Mcdonalds?

I played PSO on US servers and got shafted. I played PSU on US servers for over 5 years and got shafted. I'm not going through that again. People keep saying we're not wanted on the JP servers, but I've personally had conversations with Japanese people while playing and they've been nothing but friendly. It probably has something to do with the fact that I'm not a complete jerk who spams and acts like an ass.

I'll probably try the American version, but as long as I can play the JP version I see no point in getting heavily involved in it. Maybe to experience the story in English, that's all.

and Japanese McDonalds has plum sauce!

Vintasticvin
Aug 8, 2012, 03:56 PM
*cough*not just gonna be you yankees in there, you know*cough*

Yes, yes I know all of the western region is gonna be there aside from good ol red, white, blue, and the fifty stars. Its gonna be AWWWESOME and look foward to meeting you ingame Kimil.

Sierhiet
Aug 8, 2012, 03:56 PM
Imagine that every single time you went to Mcdonalds they took 10 minutes to get you your food. Now picture finally getting your food, driving home and finding out it's not even the right order. If Burger King got you your food in 2 minutes almost every time and it was never the wrong order, would you have an 'ugly attitude' towards Mcdonalds?

Burger King right now has basically just set a sign on the wall that says your not welcomed if you aren't from the neighborhood. When you need to log a complaint, place and order or what have you, it is impossible because they speak Japanese and don't take your foreign money. Some of you Opt to go across the street to a foreign currency Webmoney exchange store. You go over there, pay more for some acceptable currency, and then bring it back to pay for your burger.

This is silly. Never mind.

Mariodante
Aug 8, 2012, 03:58 PM
If no one's clear on this; SEGA Japan DID in fact announce today that accessing Phantasy Star Online 2 whilst not being a residence of Japan is prohibited, so obviously a ban is in order if one were to be caught playing from outside Japan.

CreamTurk3y
Aug 8, 2012, 04:06 PM
Unless I do get banned for this the only way I would join the NA servers is for the story, a few butthurt friends aren't even going to try the JP version because they're afraid of the language or something. If it happens it happens, besides 2013 is right around the corner anyway.

Reyva
Aug 8, 2012, 04:15 PM
Don't really care. I was tired of playing "Phantasy Star Rafoie 2" anyways. Time for a good long break.

However, since majority are very anal right now on here and think the above is yet a "troll post," I'll just say, I took a risk and thats it. Don't really care about the AC I spent because it wasn't much. I get paid every week, spent like 16 bux on 1000 webmoney and that was it. Didn't go overboard like some people because I had a feeling something like this could occur.

Character progress? Don't care because after doing it more than once on here, it will be a joke when I play the English version.

Only thing to worry about with the English version for me are:

->The retards
->The economy
->Very aggressive slandering, hatred, and other such talk for people with NPCs in MPAs. Yeah I'm pretty sure I don't tell people to go die because they have NPCs in the MPAs.
->The so called "hackers"
->The content update gap

So I do hope they ban people playing outside of Japan. Don't say they won't ever do it unless you work for Sega and even if you said so, I doubt I or others would believe you lol.

But hey, if they don't, I'll probably play a lot again once the content update with the new classes/weapons come out. That will be fun instead of what we got right now since I can just play this game without paying attention as a force lol.

Zyrusticae
Aug 8, 2012, 04:17 PM
I actually prefer the JP community anyways, they're considerably more polite and well-mannered than our "Western" player base has ever been. Actually, playing with them and observing them has made me realize how deeply fucked our culture is compared to theirs. We have trouble just getting people to behave with basic, decent civility on the internet over here, whereas it's a default mode of behavior over in JP, even with the benefit of anonymity. The difference is pretty much night and day. I'm not even exaggerating here.

It's physically painful to even think about being stuck on the EN servers. No way, Jose!

Coelacanth88
Aug 8, 2012, 04:17 PM
Burger King right now has basically just set a sign on the wall that says your not welcomed if you aren't from the neighborhood. When you need to log a complaint, place and order or what have you, it is impossible because they speak Japanese and don't take your foreign money. Some of you Opt to go across the street to a foreign currency Webmoney exchange store. You go over there, pay more for some acceptable currency, and then bring it back to pay for your burger.

This is silly. Never mind.

No, that makes sense as well. I'm not saying those problems don't exist. (Although it does become a bit weird once you hit the 'go across the street' part.) I'm just saying that I'll take those problems over the ones that I've always dealt with on the US server. As it is I don't even want AC, so that doesn't even bother me. I have an English patch running, and most of the time I solo anyway. I occasionally sit in the lobby and chat with people, but it's not a big part of the game. I was used to soloing in PSU and it's carried over. I get enough MP camaraderie when I cross parties with other people and we kill stuff together.

I'm not saying that there aren't problems with the JP side. I'm not someone who thinks the Japanese are better than us, and I don't think we're better than them. We're all different. PSU had the same "You're not welcome!" sigh that PSO2 does, and I don't know anyone that got banned because they were simply Americans. They got banned because they were acting stupid AND they were Americans. When I meet a Japanese person in game who wants a purist server I'll start having a different opinion. Right now I can't find any who mind that much. If they do mind they just avoid ship 2 block 20.

I'll deal with the imaginary 'threat' of being banned over the very real threat of slow, unreliable content any day.

Noblewine
Aug 8, 2012, 04:20 PM
I'm going to give this game a chance but I really just want to enjoy the gameplay.

DC_PLAYER
Aug 8, 2012, 04:24 PM
Only thing to worry about with the English version for me are:

->The retards
->The economy
->Very aggressive slandering, hatred, and other such talk for people with NPCs in MPAs. Yeah I'm pretty sure I don't tell people to go die because they have NPCs in the MPAs.
->The so called "hackers"

You make it sound no such things exist in japan.
I guess some ppl are naive

Zari
Aug 8, 2012, 04:28 PM
Yeah I'm probably gonna end up just waiting for the NA/EU release since I find MMOs a lot more fun with friends and most of mine are waiting till NA/EU anyways.

P.S. I still don't like how people are hating on the NA/EU server when it isn't even released yet.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 8, 2012, 04:33 PM
Yeah I'm probably gonna end up just waiting for the NA/EU release since I find MMOs a lot more fun with friends and most of mine are waiting till NA/EU anyways.

P.S. I still don't like how people are hating on the NA/EU server when it isn't even released yet.

Past experiences with sega games well PS online game service outside of Japan have made people feel that way.
しようがない。。。 
Edit: JP pso2 or borderlands! Nuff said.

Zyrusticae
Aug 8, 2012, 04:42 PM
You make it sound no such things exist in japan.
I guess some ppl are naive
The community is superior (which isn't saying much, considering F2P player bases are basically bottom-of-the-barrel), the economy is stronger (more players = better economy, obv), you have fewer haters to deal with, and the "hackers" are thwarted pretty quickly - and if SOJ has trouble with them, what in the world ever makes you think that SOA could possibly ever do a better job at it?

Coelacanth88
Aug 8, 2012, 04:42 PM

I understand that I guess. In all fairness the NA/EU servers could be amazing. On the same note, I COULD flip a quarter 10 times and it could land on heads every time. Probability states there is a 0.09765625% chance of that happening. SoA has a 100% track record - they always fall down. I'm just going what I know. Weather men predict rain based on patterns they've seen thousands of times before. Are they wrong occasionally? Of course. However, it's a safer bet to listen than to disregard them completely.

CreamTurk3y
Aug 8, 2012, 04:53 PM
Hopefully the idiots will stay away from this game, I don't like getting screamed at for going left when I should've gone right.

DC_PLAYER
Aug 8, 2012, 05:12 PM
Once the EU/US servers are up i will play, i simply don't like playing in JP or applying patches over and over.
Since i consider all nations to be equal in gameplay and since i will pretty much mind my own business, it doesn't really matter wich server i play, all server have hackers, all servers have retards and as for the economy i can't say, the server isn't up yet so i don't have to say anything.
You ppl complain a little to much especially when you're all enjoying a free to play game with a franchise we all love.

Do not consider the change in servers as a negative thing, statistically if all hackers and retards are divided by 3 servers then i consider that a good thing.

Macman
Aug 8, 2012, 05:13 PM

Time enjoyed is not time wasted.
I'm enjoying every moment on the JP server, probably because I'm not too worried about starting over because unlike a lot of you people I don't have to BE THE VERY BEST, LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 05:15 PM
I actually prefer the JP community anyways, they're considerably more polite and well-mannered than our "Western" player base has ever been. Actually, playing with them and observing them has made me realize how deeply fucked our culture is compared to theirs. We have trouble just getting people to behave with basic, decent civility on the internet over here, whereas it's a default mode of behavior over in JP, even with the benefit of anonymity. The difference is pretty much night and day. I'm not even exaggerating here.

It's physically painful to even think about being stuck on the EN servers. No way, Jose!

I smell a massive Weaboo. You are kidding yourself if you think that their society is all that different from other first world nations (http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7FYuYkPgDkk&v=7FYuYkPgDkk&gl=CA).

Besides, I very much love Canada. Sure it's not perfect, but really, what society is?

DoperDan420x
Aug 8, 2012, 05:16 PM
i bought a new PC and have to pick it up on Saturday, hopefully i can get pso2 downloaded and running by later that night. that is if sega still lets me, and if they dont banish us, then i will probably play JP untill the western version comes out then, start over again on that. by then i will know the tricks to properly build my character.

sugarFO
Aug 8, 2012, 05:17 PM
I smell a massive Weaboo. You are kidding yourself if you think that their society is all that different from other first world nations (http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7FYuYkPgDkk&v=7FYuYkPgDkk&gl=CA).

Besides, I very much love Canada. Sure it's not perfect, but really, what society is?

Owned, lol.

Renvalt
Aug 8, 2012, 05:25 PM

I want to say yes, but I agree to an extent with the poster you quoted.

I'd rather not have to walk down the street and worry in the corner of my mind that the Mormons or the Jehovah's Witnesses or some other obscure Christian group wouldn't just be trying to convert me to their so-called "gospel" or preach that my parents' way of life is a sin and that they are the most foul evil creatures of the planet, when in fact they (my parents) follow the Bible more thoroughly than their little Church ever will. I'd rather not walk through town and see a random hobo begging me for food money when in fact he's just spending it on drink and drugs. I'd rather not hear stories every day about white people shooting black people (or vice versa) because someone feels like they're still living in the 1930s or something. I'd rather not have men treat women like breeding sacs, and women not treat men like easily exploitable tools.

Of course, I agree to an extent on what you say as well. No country is perfect, and on account of my never having seen a single day of life inside Japan, I say that I cannot ever truly know how they do things over there or what they might have to deal with. I only know what I've grown up with (America) and I can say that sometimes I wish I'd been born elsewhere. But I'd never move unless there was some grand event that ended up with the feds persecuting me or my family.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 05:25 PM
Owned, lol.

Glad someone enjoyed it. I figured no one on this board would acknowledge tht video.

Sierhiet
Aug 8, 2012, 05:30 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lIYRwAbD_Bo/T5B7VMnhMxI/AAAAAAAAAG4/rOY1CjlStNo/s320/clapping.gif

I personally was trying to be civil, but I suppose someone had to say it.

Mystil
Aug 8, 2012, 05:33 PM

..and we want to explain the reason to you but we don't know where to begin. For a long winded person like myself, I'm not sure you will want to read a novelized MONOLOGUE of Sega of America BS they have brought to us since PSO ver1. You can't just base this on PSU alone.

Just think about this. Think about how long we've put up with it. I'll give you a year:

EVERY iteration of PS online localized server has been ransacked in some kind of way and treated like cockroaches by Sega of America.

Xaeris
Aug 8, 2012, 05:38 PM
EVERY iteration of PS online localized server has been ransacked in some kind of way and treated like cockroaches by Sega of America.

You're wasting your time. This has been explained repeatedly over the past several days, numerous threads and by several people, but at some point, using history to make predictions about future events became an inconceivable method of decision making.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 05:39 PM
I guess what I'm saying is the Japanese server is hardly perfect. The NA/EU server won't be either, might be worse, but I'll gladly play on it. I'd like to play on both, but that might not be possible.

Sierhiet
Aug 8, 2012, 05:42 PM
using history to make predictions about future events became an inconceivable method of decision making.

At this point, It has arguably become future assumptions vs. current events.

Mystil
Aug 8, 2012, 05:49 PM
The past is a great teacher.

UnLucky
Aug 8, 2012, 05:56 PM
At this point, It has arguably become future assumptions vs. current events.

Future assumption: English server might hopefully be worth playing on somewhat maybe if all goes well and Sega aren't Sega.

Current event: Play on the JP server just fine.

The Walrus
Learn from the past so you don't make the same mistakes.

Someone should go tell that to SoA

Kous
The past is a great teacher.

Thank you for my point, Dont you all think Sega has learned that there Over seas services hasnt been so great. Dont yall all think Sega will learn and try to make it better

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 05:58 PM
on the subject of Sega's past failures, I think my favorite would have to been the Xbox eternal Christmas. I mean sure, they abandoned us. But we were left with Christmas forever! :-)

blace
Aug 8, 2012, 05:58 PM
If it's viable then I would play on both, more local than Japan as well, easier to access without needing a list of moon runes to play.

But as I mostly play alone, I have no say on whether which I would prefer, as it is only a matter of preference and accessibility.

As a side note, OP made it sound like it had already happened, and isn't there a similar thread to this kind of topic?

CultOfPersonality
Aug 8, 2012, 06:01 PM
So a few morons do something and you all assume they'll IP ban everybody from US?

Dumb logic is dumb.

Reality: I'm in. I'm in the US. I haven't been banned. I downloaded the patch. And the English patch. Still there. Not gone. Server looks as full as always and Block 20 is still full.

Know your roll and quit pretending you know every god damn Sega is going to do.

Sierhiet
Aug 8, 2012, 06:04 PM
Future assumption: English server might hopefully be worth playing on somewhat maybe if all goes well and Sega aren't Sega.

Current event: Play on the JP server just fine.

ಠ_ಠ No problems? Sure, OK.

Know your roll and quit pretending you know every god damn Sega is going to do.

This works both ways.

Edit: As a matter of fact, It works more so to the point of those supportive of the US/EU release.

blace
Aug 8, 2012, 06:05 PM
Not just the US, but the western world or anywhere outside of Japan. I do highly such a thing and at most expect a significant amount of banning.

Aside from that, if it's still accessible use it as practice for the local version as it is always good to know the mechanics.

Kylie
Aug 8, 2012, 06:05 PM
I don't know. I admit that I'm afraid to use English in public, especially now (even made of point of making my auto-words Japanese), but the patch is making the game much better for me. Still, progress is progress, and I'd had hate to restart from scratch. Depends on what my friends do, really.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 06:07 PM
As a side note, OP made it sound like it had already happened, and isn't there a similar thread to this kind of topic?

The topic is about how people feel about starting a new character on the NA/EU servers. This doesn't have to do primarily with the potential 'ip block'.

UnLucky
Aug 8, 2012, 06:08 PM
Dont you all think Sega has learned

no

ಠ_ಠ No problems? Sure, OK.

I'm playing it right now.

Go on. Play on another server. I double dog dare you. Can't do it? What, are you chicken?

CultOfPersonality
Aug 8, 2012, 06:09 PM
If they wanted to block US IP's from playing, they could do it at the drop of a dime. They can re-word any TOS they want, won't change anything. If anything it's probably for the douche bags trying to cheat the system with the AC payments, which in that case is fine. For now, we're still on.

Don't feel like risking it? Leave then. Plenty of other games. PoE, PSO:BB, GW 2 later this month, god forbid Diablo 3.. you'll be just fine. Play it.

Sierhiet
Aug 8, 2012, 06:18 PM
If anything it's probably for the douche bags trying to cheat the system with the AC payments, which in that case is fine. For now, we're still on.

Don't feel like risking it? Leave then. Plenty of other games. PoE, PSO:BB, GW 2 later this month, god forbid Diablo 3.. you'll be just fine. Play it.

You do realize this is a good portion of the posters here, correct?

Go on. Play on another server. I double dog dare you. Can't do it? What, are you chicken?

Those aren't the issues I'm talking about.

Renvalt
Aug 8, 2012, 06:27 PM
Oh Sierhiet....

So I'm guessing you'd rather we and Japan shut ourselves off from the world, yes? I'm guessing you like isolationism, because you feel everything the West plays must be in English, right? You don't believe that other nations can get along?

I know that's not what you said, but I feel that vibe coming from a majority of the posts that you and Zipzo make. I'm sure this is not the case though - please, continue being an ass as you are.

On topic though, I wouldn't mind. Such a thing tends to be a pleasure high for me, especially since I've never, ever hit a point where I could call myself high level. Never pro for sure, but high level has always been one of those unattainable heights for me. Having to start over means everyone's now on a level playing field, and now it's simply a matter of who I group with and how often I play that determines whether I'll hit that unattainable height that I never could prior (especially since people don't tend to reach out to others at random, even on an online game - when I've tried, I've always been swat away and ignored like such an act was disgusting or shameful).

Macman
Aug 8, 2012, 06:33 PM
You say that to every post. I think you're just dodging the issue at hand here.

Magus_84
Aug 8, 2012, 06:40 PM
Not touching the NA servers with a ten-foot pole. You'd think a decade of systemic neglect repeated across multiple iterations of their localized games across multiple platforms would be enough for people to learn...

CultOfPersonality
Aug 8, 2012, 06:41 PM
You do realize this is a good portion of the posters here, correct?

Then those said douche bags should be banned -shrug- Doesn't matter if they're a forum member or not. If they have no intentions to pay, then they'll be dealt with some other way if it was serious enough.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 06:47 PM
Not touching the NA servers with a ten-foot pole. You'd think a decade of systemic neglect repeated across multiple iterations of their localized games across multiple platforms would be enough for people to learn...

Right now, anyone who doesn't speak Japanese on the Japanese servers are still going to be neglected. If anything goes wrong if you get banned for something you didn't do, like dancing in outer space, you can't really get through to the game admins for help because the language barrier. What is this results in? Being neglected once again.

I would rather be neglected on the server languages I can understand, playing with my friends from down the street.

Sierhiet
Aug 8, 2012, 06:52 PM
You say that to every post. I think you're just dodging the issue at hand here.Point out where I've said this before because from what I recall, this is the first time I've said it. From my understanding, he's talking about actual connection issues. It is pretty obvious we can connect to the game still.

Oh Sierhiet....

So I'm guessing you'd rather we and Japan shut ourselves off from the world, yes? I'm guessing you like isolationism, because you feel everything the West plays must be in English, right? You don't believe that other nations can get along?

I know that's not what you said, but I feel that vibe coming from a majority of the posts that you and Zipzo make. I'm sure this is not the case though - please, continue being an ass as you are.

Your assessment of my opinion on the matter is clearly misinformed, or your somehow taking personal offense to an opinion that's parallel to your own. I've been civil and there is nothing that I'm saying that's baseless. It's simply not the popular opinion. Nothing that you posted above is even contributing to debate in any type of positive fashion. Your personal "attack" on me makes this pretty obvious.

Magus_84
Aug 8, 2012, 06:53 PM
Right now, anyone who doesn't speak Japanese on the Japanese servers are still going to be neglected. If anything goes wrong if you get banned for something you didn't do, like dancing in outer space, you can't really get through to the game admins for help because the language barrier. What is this results in? Being neglected once again.

I would rather be neglected on the server languages I can understand, playing with my friends from down the street.

And I'd rather be neglected on the server that's actually getting updates and bug fixes, playing with the friends that I already helped to be able to log into the game.

In case you haven't ever actually played a Sega online game before...there is no "game admin" presence. Ever. At least not on any of the NA servers.

Your assessment of my opinion on the matter is clearly misinformed, or your somehow taking personal offense to an opinion that's parallel to your own. I've been civil and there is nothing that I'm saying that's baseless.

No, actually everything you say is baseless because you're ignoring all the years of precedent that were established before you even starting playing Sega's games. You're misinforming people with a (probably not intentionally) skewed view of the incomplete facts as you see them.

Renvalt
Aug 8, 2012, 06:57 PM

At the same time, what happens if a repeat of PSO1/PSU occurs? You now have no local version to play - what do you suppose we do then? Just submit to the Gods of Azeroth AKA the WoWfegs? Prepare ourselves to be shot by those who answer the Call of Duty?

In case you haven't noticed, this lack of any real creativity in gaming is what's causing a majority of MY frustration, and I'm sure everyone's sick of the latest and greatest point-click spam coming from China, the land of plagiarist media (they've no shame in admitting their arrogance regarding this either). Besides, if PSO2 balks, SEGA's in trouble. I don't know if their reliance on Sonic alone can keep them afloat - if they go down first, that'll be the first stone causing the Second Video Game Crash.

They need to trust the West more. I've said it once and I'll say it again: The customer is always right, regardless of where they live or who they might be.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 07:02 PM
And I'd rather be neglected on the server that's actually getting updates and bug fixes, playing with the friends that I already helped to be able to log into the game.

In case you haven't ever actually played a Sega online game before...there is no "game admin" presence. Ever. At least not on any of the NA servers.

I've been playing for since the GC days, and have been on every version since then. I use to get pissed off and argumentative about everything Sega did wrong, like everyone else on here, but ive calmed down.

Chill, and don't get you genitals in a knot over late updates. The game's more about the people then the content for me. Since the ive never played with the general PSOWORLD population much, where my RL friends go will be where I go.

Sierhiet
Aug 8, 2012, 07:09 PM
No, actually everything you say is baseless because you're ignoring all the years of precedent that were established before you even starting playing Sega's games. You're misinforming people with a (probably not intentionally) skewed view of the incomplete facts as you see them.

No? Because I'm pretty sure I've agreed in almost every other post that the history does exist. My comparisons have been strictly what you all assume we will experience based on this history VS. what you as an English player is experiencing on JP servers now. It has not once exceeded that.

Edit: And before I was playing Sega's games? I've been around since PSO GC. I noted this before. Unless your reaching for series outside of PSO? Then I guess we can talk Genesis ect. That would be silly as well.

The Walrus
Aug 8, 2012, 07:12 PM
Some of us actually play the game for the game and like having good support (bother for service and content). If you want a social gathering get a vent or some shit :/

Inazuma
Aug 8, 2012, 07:12 PM
I have played years of both Japanese and Western online games. The difference is absolutely like night and day. The Japanese as a whole are extremely polite and considerate. Compared to that, Westerners are practically the polar opposite. Of course there are exceptions to both of these generalizations, but generally speaking, this is what my experience has been.

Japanese culture looks down on people being assholes or acting idiotic in public settings. They also look down on hacking/cheating. Western culture apparently doesn't care. The few times I've been in the ship 2 block 20 lobby, it makes me feel uncomfortable to see how the gaijin players behave. It's one thing to act like fools in a private party, or someone's my room, but to do it out in the open in the lobby like that really makes us look bad. I am well behaved but seeing that shit makes me feel guilty by association.

If we are going to play a Japanese game, we need to have more respect for the Japanese people and their culture. You can't just act like you own the place. My Japanese friends tell me that gaijin players are looked down upon because of how we act (along with the hacking) and I end up having to agree with them because they are completely right.

If you see gaijin players being loud and obnoxious in public lobbies or public chat in multiparty areas, try to ask them nicely to tone it down and be more respectful of other players. We have to get the message across that this sort of behavior is not acceptable in a Japanese game.

If you see someone hacking/cheating, report them and move on. Don't give them attention and act like they are cool.

Lastly, everyone should try to put forth some effort to learn basic Japanese. Even if your Japanese sucks, if it looks like you are trying to learn it, the Japanese will have a lot more respect for you. Ask them questions if you are struggling and then thank them when they answer you.

tl;dr
When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Vintasticvin
Aug 8, 2012, 07:13 PM
I've been playing for since the GC days, and have been on every version since then. I use to get pissed off and argumentative about everything Sega did wrong, like everyone else on here, but ive calmed down.

Chill, and don't get you genitals in a knot over late updates. The game's more about the people then the content for me. Since the ive never played with the general PSOWORLD population much, where my RL friends go will be where I go.

Im pretty much on the same boat, its the people playing over the content that drives me to play. Though I never got all rage mode like most of pso(2)w users have been I will admit there were times I was like "Aw man that aint cool. Jp gets that but we dont?" (Im sure there was legal and royalty fees that prevented the lack of updates.

ShinMaruku
Aug 8, 2012, 07:16 PM

It was pissy since psu.

The Walrus
Aug 8, 2012, 07:18 PM
I blame Gamer X for us all being pissy

Vintasticvin
Aug 8, 2012, 07:18 PM
It was pissy since psu.

^Pretty much this.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 07:19 PM
Some of us actually play the game for the game and like having good support (bother for service and content). If you want a social gathering get a vent or some shit :/

Why? This video game series is always double that is a great chat room.:-)
Also, some of us played our own way. Don't tell me how to enjoy my video games.

Magus_84
Aug 8, 2012, 07:20 PM

Late updates are fine. It's the nature of software development and implementation.

Systemic neglect and quarantining of an entire chunk of their paying playerbase is not fine.

They don't give a damn about the non-JP players. Period. Full stop. End of story. And people trying to convince others (which you're doing, which is why I'm being pissy) that that's magically going to change the sixth time around are at best delusional and at worst lying.

And before you ask...why am I even bothering to play the game when I'm obviously so annoyed with them? Same reason you stated. The people are more important. But all the people I care about are already on the JP server, because they've been through the same crap I have.

Here's hoping that SoJ, despite being xenophobes, will at least keep the game servers running and accessible to anyone that's not going out of their way to be destructive. That alone would be a million times better than SoA's previous efforts.

If you actually care about the experience your friends are going to have, and if you want a game to play with them that isn't going to be all-but-abandoned a few months out of the gate, you'd be trying to get them onto the JP server.

If the "ease of use" is worth not having a game to play, that's your prerogative. But I feel compelled to at least respond when you and others are trying to sugarcoat Sega of America's track record, as there are a lot of people on here who haven't been around long enough to know better.

The Walrus
Aug 8, 2012, 07:22 PM
Also, some of us played our own way. Don't tell me how to enjoy my video games.

I'm telling you to actually play the game :/

Zyrusticae
Aug 8, 2012, 07:26 PM

Picking up on examples of the dregs of society isn't going to do you much favors with me (though it obviously did with some other folks). Every society has its dregs. The problem is ours are much larger in number and much louder, to boot. Mind you, I never said they don't have their low points, and indeed, that wasn't my point at all.

Besides, none of that matters when I have my actual experience in-game to fall back on. I was absolutely shocked, shocked, at how organized, polite, and well-behaved my fellow JP players are. It was at a level that I have never, ever seen in a game on this side of the pond. Not once. And this is how they usually run things? Good grief, it really is hard to comprehend. Things really are that bad over here.

Galerianx
Aug 8, 2012, 07:28 PM
i been playing from open beta am only lv28 why becos am not in a rush to get every last quest done just to get a high lv am taking my time having fun and making friends if i get ban for playing out side of japan no big deal ill just play gw2 for now and play the us/eu sever wen its out people moan about updates for the game maybe if you dont rush too get every thing done and enjoy talking and taking you,re time on the game then you would have things too do in game and i dont mind starting over on us/eu sever as i get to know what the story is all about :-?

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 07:29 PM
Late updates are fine. It's the nature of software development and implementation.

Systemic neglect and quarantining of an entire chunk of their paying playerbase is not fine.

They don't give a damn about the non-JP players. Period. Full stop. End of story. And people trying to convince others (which you're doing, which is why I'm being pissy) that that's magically going to change the sixth time around are at best delusional and at worst lying.

And before you ask...why am I even bothering to play the game when I'm obviously so annoyed with them? Same reason you stated. The people are more important. But all the people I care about are already on the JP server, because they've been through the same crap I have.

Here's hoping that SoJ, despite being xenophobes, will at least keep the game servers running and accessible to anyone that's not going out of their way to be destructive. That alone would be a million times better than SoA's previous efforts.

If you actually care about the experience your friends are going to have, and if you want a game to play with them that isn't going to be all-but-abandoned a few months out of the gate, you'd be trying to get them onto the JP server.

If the "ease of use" is worth not having a game to play, that's your prerogative. But I feel compelled to at least respond when you and others are trying to sugarcoat Sega of America's track record, as there are a lot of people on here who haven't been around long enough to know better.

You make a good point, and I can understand why this topic makes everyone sound pissy. I have been trying to get my friends to plan the Japanese version I've been trying to get them back in the Phantasy Star since PSU. It's hard, but I actually got three of them into the Japanese server here. It didn't last that long, the ease-of-use just wasn't there.

None of us know Japanese or want to learn Japanese. It's not worth the effort, To learn a language just for one video game. That's my opinion of course, take it leave it doesn't matter. The English servers might not last as long as the Japanese, but I don't need to play this game for 2 to 3 years. I'll play until I'm bored of it and then I'll move on their other things do with my life.

I actually managed to have fun on the English servers, in spite of the neglect. Other people did too, and I'm sure people will also join me on these new servers. Let us do what we wanna do.

Magus_84
Aug 8, 2012, 07:30 PM
No? Because I'm pretty sure I've agreed in almost every other post that the history does exist. My comparisons have been strictly what you all assume we will experience based on this history VS. what you as an English player is experiencing on JP servers now. It has not once exceeded that.

Edit: And before I was playing Sega's games? I've been around since PSO GC. I noted this before. Unless your reaching for series outside of PSO? Then I guess we can talk Genesis ect. That would be silly as well.

I was talking Dreamcast, as the systematic neglect stretches back even to there. The friend of mine that got me hooked on PSO in the first place played online and spoke some Japanese (he was an army brat). Disclaimer: I made a HUmar named Trunks. :(

My brief time on the JP server so far is already better than pretty much all of my time on Sega's US servers, across PSO GC, BB and PSU. At least as far as service goes. The people made the time on those games interesting...and most of those I still get to play with on the JP servers.

Why do I say the service is better so far?

-I haven't been FSOD'ed, not once (that's a benefit of server-side saving though)
-I've yet to have the economy ruined by mass-duped meseta
-In the brief time I've played the Live version, there have already been several content updates
-I can make more sense out of a Google-Translated roadmap than I can a million of SoA's "soons" and "maybes"

Let's flip this around. What makes you think this time is going to be different? Besides blind optimism (which honestly, I envy you for. That takes either a strong will or very strong skill at self-delusion)

The Walrus
Aug 8, 2012, 07:32 PM
You make a good point, and I can understand why this topic makes everyone sound pissy. I have been trying to get my friends to plan the Japanese version I've been trying to get them back in the Phantasy Star since PSU. It's hard, but I actually got three of them into the Japanese server here. It didn't last that long, the ease-of-use just wasn't there. None of us know Japanese or want to learn Japanese. It's not worth the effort, To learn a language just for one video game.
That's my opinion of course, take it leave it doesn't matter. The English servers might not last as long as the Japanese, but I don't need them to Tony to play this game from 2 to 3 years. I'll play until I'm bored of it and then I'll move on their other things do with my life.

This game is piss easy to use. So yeah the ease of use is very much there.

ScottyMango
Aug 8, 2012, 07:35 PM
None of us know Japanese or want to learn Japanese. It's not worth the effort, To learn a language just for one video game.

english patch says hi.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 07:36 PM

If you can speak Japanese yes. If you cant, no it isn't.

The Walrus
Aug 8, 2012, 07:37 PM
I don't speak Japanese. I find it piss easy to use. Christ there's even an
English patch.

Cjones
Aug 8, 2012, 07:38 PM
Eh, I wouldn't say Japanese people are exactly polite. From what I've heard from travelers who visit Japan they're vicious when it comes to looking different by skin tones and looks. Especially if you take a foreign exchange class. Some are nice but some are really mean. If you guys didn't know there are some Japanese who are purists and believe their society should not let foreigners from other countries come in. They also pick on certain races that come to Japan but I'm not going to specify which ones because some people here might be offended.

However they do seem more polite in general, they're very indirect in conversations and Japanese don't boast often. Well according to my teacher who has been to Japan for 10 years. There are some explanations at the roots of Japanese society as to why they are polite. Mostly because their culture is about "everything you do is wrong" and there is always a better way to do it.

Americans are better at working by themselves, Japanese are more cooperative which is why they are nicer on PSO2 probably. I'm sure the Japanese people think the American people are better on PSO2 excluding the disadvantages with slow releases.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 07:38 PM

english patch says hi.

The English patch translates enough to play the game, but not enough to understand the environment or story.

The localize version will allow me understand everything, so I'm switching over to it when it comes out.

UnLucky
Aug 8, 2012, 07:40 PM
the story is spooky aliens attack the planets

go kill them now

okie dokie buddy smashy smashy

Inazuma
Aug 8, 2012, 07:40 PM
Picking up on examples of the dregs of society isn't going to do you much favors with me (though it obviously did with some other folks). Every society has its dregs. The problem is ours are much larger in number and much louder, to boot. Mind you, I never said they don't have their low points, and indeed, that wasn't my point at all.

Besides, none of that matters when I have my actual experience in-game to fall back on. I was absolutely shocked, shocked, at how organized, polite, and well-behaved my fellow JP players are. It was at a level that I have never, ever seen in a game on this side of the pond. Not once. And this is how they usually run things? Good grief, it really is hard to comprehend. Things really are that bad over here.

Back in the original PSO games, it was common for the Japanese players to place all of the recently dropped rares in town, and then use meseta to janken (rock paper scissors) for them. I did this along with them for the few years I played PSOBB JP and not once did someone snatch up the rares and log off.

It was also common to trade by dropping items in town, despite their being a trade window. I remember one time when someone joined my trade room, picked up my item and then logged off without dropping his own. I was shocked and thought to myself "Wow, I guess it IS possible for there to be a bad Japanese player." A few minutes later, the same player comes back, says he got disconnected, apologizes and then we proceed with the trade as usual.

ScottyMango
Aug 8, 2012, 07:41 PM
I'll be playing on the NA/EU servers for the story too, but other than that I'm definitely sticking where I'm at now... unless/until they ban me.

The Walrus
Aug 8, 2012, 07:43 PM
Yeah the patch gives you everything you need to play the game. That's the ease of use. God the plot isn't even worth it anyway.

Don't get me wrong btw, I'm gonna give the eng servers a chance and if Sega fails again I'll just come back to where I left off on the jp servers

ScottyMango
Aug 8, 2012, 07:48 PM
Yeah the story isn't nearly as good as PSO ep1/2's.

It's the same basic concept.. just, a lot more basic.

Inazuma
Aug 8, 2012, 07:52 PM
Yeah the story isn't nearly as good as PSO ep1/2's.

It's the same basic concept.. just, a lot more basic.

The story as a whole isn't anything special but some of the characters are funny and/or interesting to me. I enjoy most of the bits with voice acting. It's like watching anime, which is something I love to do.

The Walrus
Aug 8, 2012, 07:55 PM
A really bad anime maybe...

DeathByPogs
Aug 8, 2012, 07:56 PM
Just had a conversation with a JP player and he told me that he thinks they will be banning all non JP players. I know he isnt official, but it is more concrete then random posts on here have been..

Sierhiet
Aug 8, 2012, 07:58 PM
I was talking Dreamcast, as the systematic neglect stretches back even to there. The friend of mine that got me hooked on PSO in the first place played online and spoke some Japanese (he was an army brat). Disclaimer: I made a HUmar named Trunks. :(

My brief time on the JP server so far is already better than pretty much all of my time on Sega's US servers, across PSO GC, BB and PSU. At least as far as service goes. The people made the time on those games interesting...and most of those I still get to play with on the JP servers.

Why do I say the service is better so far?

-I haven't been FSOD'ed, not once (that's a benefit of server-side saving though)
-I've yet to have the economy ruined by mass-duped meseta
-In the brief time I've played the Live version, there have already been several content updates
-I can make more sense out of a Google-Translated roadmap than I can a million of SoA's "soons" and "maybes"

Let's flip this around. What makes you think this time is going to be different? Besides blind optimism (which honestly, I envy you for. That takes either a strong will or very strong skill at self-delusion)
Let me first note that in your personal case, your comparing arguably 10 years of experience with US/EU servers vs. literally a month on JP. I feel like your still very much on the high of this being a new scenario which your hoping will be better then what you've previously experienced. However, there is plenty of time for terrible things to go sour, and in my humble opinion, its already gotten / been bad enough. The language barrier, Webmoney issue, and lack of communication between me and my service provider was enough for me to raise a brow to sticking JP. The hacking and inability to contact my service provider instigated this. The TOS amendment from yesterday tops the cake and sealed the deal. Just as you probably feel I'm blowing these JP issues out of proportion, I feel your blowing your experience on US/EU out of whack and downplaying the process you've got to deal with while playing JP.

On to your question though. You must understand, my rationale is absolutely not on blind optimism and faith. It is factoring everything in just like you all. When the game was announced for 4th of July and with the announcement of the game's separate servers, we all had to make the decision of what we were going to do. My choice was to not get attached to a character and game progress in an environment that, just as I predicted there could be problems with my local release due to past experience, could be detrimental to me here because it was not the client and servers set up for me. Exchange rates exist. The language issue existed. The Beta had previously called for no foreigner's.

My "optimism" is not so much I feel that the US/EU release will be perfect, and more so that the JP release is not a batch of roses at all. Not to mention, I'm not going to invest time and effort there, when there is a chance that I'm going to be banned just for being there. I feel that the only credible instance of history I can recall to go against my decision to wait would be PSO:BB which was the only other sole PSO PC title from 10 years ago. I look at the PSP titles as having issues relevant to that device. I look at PSU, my personal love, as having issues relevant to that device and the M$ contract. Ect. My optimism is coming from knowing the game is 1. PC based 2. Looks fucking amazing 3. Is F2P (the numbers problem will be rectified here, and they will be forced to pay us attention at this point.) 4. Like you, I have a drove of comrades I'm waiting for on the other side to enjoy that server with. Trying to think if I've missed anything.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 07:58 PM
Meh, if there nothing to the story, I'll end up quitting eventually. The game isn't fun enough to just play it to kill baddies mindlessly for ever.

Zyrusticae
Aug 8, 2012, 08:01 PM
Owned, lol.

[snip for obnoxiously inferior gif - seriously, the original is better]

I personally was trying to be civil, but I suppose someone had to say it.
I just want to note how incredibly sad it is that you honestly refuse to believe it's possible for another society to just be better than your own. I am speaking from personal experience. You are just cherry-picking from a handful of Youtube videos, which are not at all indicative of anything other than the people depicted within those videos.

I mean, goodness, this is just ridiculous:

Back in the original PSO games, it was common for the Japanese players to place all of the recently dropped rares in town, and then use meseta to janken (rock paper scissors) for them. I did this along with them for the few years I played PSOBB JP and not once did someone snatch up the rares and log off.

It was also common to trade by dropping items in town, despite their being a trade window. I remember one time when someone joined my trade room, picked up my item and then logged off without dropping his own. I was shocked and thought to myself "Wow, I guess it IS possible for there to be a bad Japanese player." A few minutes later, the same player comes back, says he got disconnected, apologizes and then we proceed with the trade as usual.
Are you going to tell Inazuma s/he was delusional? That these things did not actually happen? Because, y'know, that'd be pretty shifty. Either way, my experience tells me that we have serious, deep-seated issues over here in the West when it comes to basic decency and civility, problems that Japan does not seem to have. Japan has other problems, sure, but none of them are anywhere close to the severity of the issues we possess.

ScottyMango
Aug 8, 2012, 08:01 PM
Meh, if there nothing to the story, I'll end up quitting eventually. The game isn't fun enough to just play it to kill baddies mindlessly for ever.

So what did you do in PSO/PSU/any other PS game after you finished the story? lol it's always the same 'dark force is fuckin' things up in one way or another. fixxit' anyway.

And while Zyrusticae is the king of weeaboos, he's mostly right. My experience playing with Japanese people has been far better in terms of maturity and kindness.

CultOfPersonality
Aug 8, 2012, 08:04 PM
Anyone that uses owned over some other males post on a gaming forum is a tool who never gets any pussy.

Just figured I'd throw that out there.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 08:04 PM
I just want to note how incredibly sad it is that you honestly refuse to believe it's possible for another society to just be better than your own. I am speaking from personal experience. You are just cherry-picking from a handful of Youtube videos, which are not at all indicative of anything other than the people depicted within those videos.

I just want to note how incredibly sad it is that you honestly refuse to believe it's possible for Japan to not be the best thing since sliced bread

So what did you do in PSO/PSU/any other PS game after you finished the story? lol it's always the same 'dark force is fuckin' things up in one way or another. fixxit' anyway.

And while Zyrusticae is the king of weeaboos, he's mostly right. My experience playing with Japanese people has been far better in terms of maturity and kindness.

In the end, I quit them all. They were only ever fun at the beginning, I never made it to the level caps.

Sierhiet
Aug 8, 2012, 08:15 PM
Either way, my experience tells me that we have serious, deep-seated issues over here in the West when it comes to basic decency and civility, problems that Japan does not seem to have. Japan has other problems, sure, but none of them are anywhere close to the severity of the issues we possess.Personally, I slightly agree with this, but if you where originally going to JP's server for the community, then there was really no point in a debate on your end because it was a strong personal opinion which swayed your decision. My argument, and many others has been service / game experience based.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 08:17 PM
Welp, this thread has descended to places I didn't want it to go. I wash my hands of it, lock if you Moderator folk want to.

If it stays open, have fun!

@Zyrusticae: sorry if I picked on you in here, I just have a hard time around weaboos lately, living with one made me short tempered on the matter.

Zyrusticae
Aug 8, 2012, 08:23 PM

I just want to note how incredibly sad it is that you honestly refuse to believe it's possible for Japan to not be the best thing since sliced bread

It is not the best thing since sliced bread.

Good lord, all I did was compliment them for how civil, well-behaved, and well-organized they are. That's all I did. The fact that we're even having this conversation proves my point. I did not compliment them on anything else - ONLY their behavior. I did not do anything like say their anime/manga/games are all so totally awesome and better than anything else on this side of the pond (they're not - Sturgeon's Law applies there as much as anything else), nor did I comment upon their history, their actual country, their laws and regulations (some of it is pretty bizarre, much like our own), or anything else.

Apparently just complimenting people for acting really nice is enough to be labeled "The King of Weeaboos, He Who Believes Japan is the Best Thing Since Sliced Bread".

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 08:28 PM
It is not the best thing since sliced bread.
"The King of Weeaboos, He Who Believes Japan is the Best Thing Since Sliced Bread".

I'll admit, I didn't read your whole posts, so I might have pre-emptively called you a weaboo. =/ Sorry if it doesn't apply to you, my bad.

Splash
Aug 8, 2012, 08:28 PM
Let me first note that in your personal case, your comparing arguably 10 years of experience with US/EU servers vs. literally a month on JP[...]Just as you probably feel I'm blowing these JP issues out of proportion, I feel your blowing your experience on US/EU out of whack and downplaying the process you've got to deal with while playing JP.
He isn't though. The "10 years of experience" dictates that, yet you refuse to accept the moral of the story. If anything, the only reason you are "blowing the JP issues out of proportion" is because you lack evidence how any of the past experiences with the NA/EU servers have served to be at all "better" than the JP servers. The only things you have stated so far are how "inconveniences" hinder your decision to otherwise have a better experience.

Magus_84
Aug 8, 2012, 08:42 PM
To be honest...I had a tougher time talking my mom into paying for the sub* back in the GC days than I did setting up a Webmoney account to buy AC now.

* (I have health/mobility issues and I lived in a small town. The few gainful employment options available to me at the time before I started work-study in college were almost all taken >_> )

I feel sorry for people who don't use Chrome or appropriately-extension'ed Firefox, though. I can see how setup would be enough of an issue there to be a hindrance.

watashiwa
Aug 8, 2012, 08:55 PM
JP server can suck it. Would rather play the game in English and with people of a similar culture to mine.

No, the shitty English patch doesn't count.
No, I don't want to learn Japanese.
Yes, I want to party with randoms, meet new people and make some new friends.
Would rather be able to talk shit and joke about things they would understand than be polite, proper, and bored out of my mind after getting tired of the content.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 09:05 PM
JP server can suck it. Would rather play the game in English and with people of a similar culture to mine.

This, this entirely.

That point about the culture differences is a big part of it.

Maronji
Aug 8, 2012, 09:16 PM
*sigh* Why can't we all just agree to disagree?

I'm playing on JP to familiarize myself with the game, and I'll probably main the US/EU servers if everything looks like it's going to be okay, using JP as a backup/"What's going on over here nowadays?"/playing with characters that I have somewhat of an attachment to once in a while if everything works out (aka if the game doesn't tank in six months and doesn't have a content gap similar to the distance between Earth and Mars). I realize I'm not in the majority, but I'm not about to argue who's right and who isn't because there's nowhere near enough evidence to back up either side right now.

I realize both sides have their arguments, both reasonable and semi-ridiculous, but the main point I want to make here is that each time this argument pops up, you end up beating a dead horse. There is nothing you can really say to add to the argument (besides uselessly perpetuating it) until the US/EU servers come out and everyone gets the answers they've been looking for. There's no further point in arguing about this matter because you just keep running around in circles because there's no concrete proof as to who is ultimately right or not at this time. You're essentially just arguing for the sake of arguing, people.

Can't we at least leave dead horses alone until the time where we can truly figure out who was right once and for all?

/twocents

LK1721
Aug 8, 2012, 09:23 PM

I'm playing on JP to familiarize myself with the game, and I'll probably main the US/EU servers if everything looks like it's going to be okay, using JP as a backup/"What's going on over here nowadays?"/playing with characters that I have somewhat of an attachment to once in a while if everything works out (aka if the game doesn't tank in six months and doesn't have a content gap similar to the distance between Earth and Mars). I realize I'm not in the majority, but I'm not about to argue who's right and who isn't because there's nowhere near enough evidence to back up either side right now.

I realize both sides have their arguments, both reasonable and semi-ridiculous, but the main point I want to make here is that each time this argument pops up, you end up beating a dead horse. There is nothing you can really say to add to the argument (besides uselessly perpetuating it) until the US/EU servers come out and everyone gets the answers they've been looking for. There's no further point in arguing about this matter because you just keep running around in circles because there's no concrete proof as to who is ultimately right or not at this time. You're essentially just arguing for the sake of arguing, people.

Can't we at least leave dead horses alone until the time where we can truly figure out who was right once and for all?

/twocents

YOU.

YOU.

You are absolutely right, good sir.

Magus_84
Aug 8, 2012, 09:28 PM

Would rather be able to talk shit and joke about things they would understand than be polite, proper, and bored out of my mind after getting tired of the content.

Yes, because all the joking in the world is gonna make SoA actually maintain the damned game.

Good strategy there!

Zyrusticae
Aug 8, 2012, 09:31 PM
I actually find trying to learn 日本語 (broke some folks' brains with just that, I'll bet) to be a nice, fun challenge alongside playing the game itself. Really, even if this is the only JP game you'll ever play, and you never read any JP manga, or light novels, or watch any anime, knowing the language itself is a valuable skill and looks damn good on your resume (because being bilingual automatically makes you cool, see). Giving up pre-emptively just seems to me a combination of laziness and shortsightedness.

But I guess some folks just don't like that kind of challenge. I'll admit, it is rather difficult since it requires tons of practice, so it's not for everyone. But what's the harm in trying?

I'll admit, I didn't read your whole posts, so I might have pre-emptively called you a weaboo. =/ Sorry if it doesn't apply to you, my bad.
Apology accepted.

Also, if your roommate is that terrible, I can entirely understand the short-tempered-ness. (Doesn't really excuse you for not reading, though. ;))

Bael
Aug 8, 2012, 09:53 PM
Guys and Gal....
no one can take sides on an issue that doesn't have one.
Everyone of us has our own reasons to play.
it's just a personal choice.
I don't think it was the intent of the OP to have a debate to see which server is gonna be better.
I think it was more on the lines of...who else is gonna play?

Personally, I'm gonna put PSO2jp down in a month anyway. It's an excellent way to see what's to come on the NA servers and know what's going down before everyone else.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 8, 2012, 09:57 PM
Ha Ha, time to play on the free NA servers! While we're at it, let's remove the registration code unique to each game like the JP had and make it Truly Free! What could possibly go wrong?

[spoiler-box]http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/9633/img2137u.jpg[/spoiler-box]

ShinMaruku
Aug 8, 2012, 09:58 PM
All I will say those who plast soa and don't blast soj are missing the point. Then again they never seen how soj pissed away their influence.

HiOc
Aug 8, 2012, 10:39 PM
Ha Ha, time to play on the free NA servers! While we're at it, let's remove the registration code unique to each game like the JP had and make it Truly Free! What could possibly go wrong?

[spoiler-box]http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/9633/img2137u.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Good ole English PSP2 community.

Macman
Aug 8, 2012, 10:43 PM
NO.

Go play Second Life or someshit.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 11:02 PM
NO.

Go play Second Life or someshit.

Don't tell me what to do.

For the record, I'm not one of the people who stay in the lobby.

The Walrus
Aug 8, 2012, 11:03 PM
What do you go to a my room or something?

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 11:06 PM
What do you go to a my room or something?

During missions in the party channel (2), or on the team channel (3). Why people I know, or just to shoot the shit with people while hunting.

Oh yeah, and in MPAs if people are social enough.

DO you just kill stuff an not talk to people when playing?

The Walrus
Aug 8, 2012, 11:08 PM
Oh. This whole time I thought you were one of those asshats who stood in the lobby all fuckin day talking.

And no I don't really talk to people much. Typically the people I encounter are JP players and we wouldn't understand each other or well, that's about it since I rarely encounter EN players as I don't use block 20.

Mainly though I party with people I know and we just use skype to chat while playing.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 11:11 PM
Noooo, I think the only talking I've ever done in the lobby was telling people to shut up, or that no, Naruto isn't a good thing at all.

The lobby is full of scum and weaboos. /from what I've seen.

The Walrus
Aug 8, 2012, 11:25 PM
Man, I feel kinda bad now going at you thinking you were one of the asshats. Sorry man.

Macman
Aug 8, 2012, 11:34 PM
I'm with Derpington. What a miscommunication, ha.

GreenArcher
Aug 8, 2012, 11:38 PM
Time enjoyed is not time wasted.
I'm enjoying every moment on the JP server, probably because I'm not too worried about starting over because unlike a lot of you people I don't have to BE THE VERY BEST, LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS.

Absolutely. All of our data is going to be erased eventually anyway, why even play at all?

As for me I'll be sticking to JP as long as I can. Been shafted enough times by SEGA on the English side of things...

watashiwa
Aug 8, 2012, 11:39 PM
Yes, because all the joking in the world is gonna make SoA actually maintain the damned game.

Good strategy there!

I don't care about this.

I just care about playing with people.

We'll all be on the same content level and I won't be very upset or slitting my wrist if Japan gets a bunch of stuff before me for has stuff for several months before me.

watashiwa
Aug 8, 2012, 11:42 PM
Oh. This whole time I thought you were one of those asshats who stood in the lobby all fuckin day talking.

When I played PSO, I chatted in the lobby for extended periods of time as well as did missions.

I don't see how standing around in the lobby "all fuckin day talking" is a bad thing at all. You don't need to spam inappropriate symbol chats, annoy others, etc.

You can just stand there talking to anyone and everyone who shows up.

Whether you want to grind it out in missions or chat all day, who is to tell anybody the right or wrong way to enjoy the game?

If anything, you're coming off as the "asshat" here.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 8, 2012, 11:55 PM
The lobby dwellers this time around just sit there and spam those inappropriate symbol arts all day. Some people do talk as normal people, but I just get too pissed off from the spammers that I don't stick around to talk anymore.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 8, 2012, 11:56 PM
When I played PSO, I chatted in the lobby for extended periods of time as well as did missions.

I don't see how standing around in the lobby "all fuckin day talking" is a bad thing at all. You don't need to spam inappropriate symbol chats, annoy others, etc.

Whether you want to grind it out in missions or chat all day, who is to tell anybody the right or wrong way to enjoy the game?

ever notice the people complaining about lobby rats are never level 40? +^_^+

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 12:00 AM
If they keep this awful RNG-based grinding and affix system, no, you won't see me on the NA/EU server. Or the JP server.

If the endgame is really meant to be a very, very flawed gambling system I'm out.

What made rares good in PSO was that when you had them you had them.

No, PSU's system being worse does not make this game's system alright.

If they really think the NA/EU gaming community will be attracted to ac scratch and this dire as shit RNG system they have another thing coming (like empty servers).

Macman
Aug 9, 2012, 12:47 AM
ever notice the people complaining about lobby rats are never level 40? +^_^+ get that shit outta here
Hahaha, no. Quite the opposite: the lobby rats are often still <10. The level 40s get sick of seeing them clog up the lobby between runs and making a clusterfuck of everything.

Aewyn
Aug 9, 2012, 12:50 AM
The noob rats are. But I've been Lv 40 for what, three and a half weeks?

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 12:54 AM
If anyone is actually bothered by people chatting in lobbies it doesn't indicate that there's a problem with people chatting in lobbies, just that the people complaining about it don't really have anything more important to worry about in their lives.

Really. All the way back to v1, PSO was used as a chatroom. It's as much a part of the game as rappies are.

Zipzo
Aug 9, 2012, 07:25 AM
At the same time, what happens if a repeat of PSO1/PSU occurs? You now have no local version to play - what do you suppose we do then? Just submit to the Gods of Azeroth AKA the WoWfegs? Prepare ourselves to be shot by those who answer the Call of Duty?

In case you haven't noticed, this lack of any real creativity in gaming is what's causing a majority of MY frustration, and I'm sure everyone's sick of the latest and greatest point-click spam coming from China, the land of plagiarist media (they've no shame in admitting their arrogance regarding this either). Besides, if PSO2 balks, SEGA's in trouble. I don't know if their reliance on Sonic alone can keep them afloat - if they go down first, that'll be the first stone causing the Second Video Game Crash.

They need to trust the West more. I've said it once and I'll say it again: The customer is always right, regardless of where they live or who they might be.
What is it that you and others that share in your unneeded aggression do not understand? I'm going to try and explain it clearly because it's becoming silly how many you of seem to let it absolutely fly over your heads.

Me and Seir's opinion is based on the simple fact that there are many who have expressed that they will not switch when the US/EU version releases.

We are not saying that you should not play the only version available for you to play now. We are speaking in future terms. The poll thread was landslide favored to those not willing to switch from JP PSO2 to US/EU, and our viewpoint is that at the point our servers are released, staying on JP becomes an exercise in both unnecessary caution and tedium for many.

So if you want to play on JP now given you aren't one of those that have been banned, go right ahead to your hearts content. We don't care about that. We are simply preaching intelligence so that our localized server will flourish the best it can when it releases.

Please don't make me repeat this again : Our opinion is based on when the US/EU servers are running concurrent with the JP servers, based on the landslide poll that most players will be attempting to remain on JP.

Mystil
Aug 9, 2012, 07:56 AM
If they keep this awful RNG-based grinding and affix system, no, you won't see me on the NA/EU server. Or the JP server.

If the endgame is really meant to be a very, very flawed gambling system I'm out.

What made rares good in PSO was that when you had them you had them.

No, PSU's system being worse does not make this game's system alright.

If they really think the NA/EU gaming community will be attracted to ac scratch and this dire as shit RNG system they have another thing coming (like empty servers).

Chanced based stuff is a real enjoyment killer indeed, that's why I don't mess with them.

For me, I just buy +10 stuff off people to save myself the trouble, or get whatever is stronger than my current equip.

This was one of decisions I made when I came over after I left PSU years ago. Stuff that is a hassle to get, I don't waste my time with. I never synthed in PSU, what with people have 95% or better PMs failing over and over again.

Sierhiet
Aug 9, 2012, 09:26 AM
We are not saying that you should not play the only version available for you to play now. We are speaking in future terms. The poll thread was landslide favored to those not willing to switch from JP PSO2 to US/EU, and our viewpoint is that at the point our servers are released, staying on JP becomes an exercise in both unnecessary caution and tedium for many.

This is pretty much all I've been trying to demonstrate. Let me also add it has been instigated by the the issues that have been mounting for an English player on the JP servers.

Many of you keep trying to force your personal preferences into the conversation, forcing the debate to decay every single time it is brought up and deviating from the point I've been trying to share. If you have a deep seeded hatred for or preference towards one community over another, then that is your opinion. If your not out to be competitive and don't mind a loss in progress, that is your opinion. Your opinion (or rather strong personal preference) for this particular debate though is irrelevant because all we are doing is demonstrating a counter argument to the "Fuck US/EU servers because of past service" argument that is running rampant, even though you are dealing with a whole other batch of problems while playing in JP which is validly and arguably worse then what you MAY experience upon the US/EU release. So to clear any confusion, here are the facts that I'm going by.

The issues as an EN player on JP:

no service
language barrier
foreign cards denied (along with premium content and a good portion of the game)
opting to webmoney means you pay more
risk of ban for breaching TOS (or installing the English patch)
smaller native community
hackers

The issues as a EN player on EN/EU:

later access to the game
poor service in the form of delayed updates (yet to be determined)
hackers (yet to be determined, but they exist everywhere)

Feel free to add to the list.

kkow
Aug 9, 2012, 10:01 AM
although i agree with your points, you gotta remember where you are at yo. of course people are going to say gtfo, you should know that already by the poll. stop trying to preach and let us play on whatever server we want.

The Walrus
Aug 9, 2012, 10:23 AM

Because it's a game. A game is meant to be played. Like I said earlier if you want to spend all day chatting in the lobby go get a damn vent or something.

Mystil
Aug 9, 2012, 11:45 AM
With people on it who are there for socializing. And since we can talk freely in lobbies, with *gasp* other people, there is nothing wrong with staying all day in a lobby just talking to friends or whoever. In short, stop worrying about what other people are doing. This is why most MMOs are just totally fucked up. Too many people barking loud about what someone else is doing when it's all intended by game design. >_>

But you can also play FFXI where there is no talking unless you're in a linkshell or a party. Even in Jeuno or White Gate, all you see is people just shouting for help with something or trying to buy/sell something. No open socializing whatsoever 8).

Asakust
Aug 9, 2012, 11:47 AM
The issues as an EN player on JP:

no service What
language barrier Nope
foreign cards denied (along with premium content and a good portion of the game) Nope
opting to webmoney means you pay more Gross
risk of ban for breaching TOS (or installing the English patch) Nope
smaller native community Good
hackers everygameever

later access to the game
poor service in the form of delayed updates (yet to be determined)come on, it's SoA
trolls
needy/whiny 'western' players
BR's?(jk)
possible 'westernization?'
possible English VA's. Can't nope hard enough

Then again, it's not like I'm very 'murrikan' to start with. Lol~

Zipzo
Aug 9, 2012, 11:55 AM

All if your criticisms of his list are either baseless or non-factual (wrong).

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2012, 11:57 AM
I don't get it. Why does anyone care what anyone else does?

jooozek
Aug 9, 2012, 11:57 AM
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k33/GreatRumbler/PBF071-Weeaboo.gif

Sierhiet
Aug 9, 2012, 12:01 PM

Many of you keep trying to force your personal preferences into the conversation, forcing the debate to decay every single time it is brought up and deviating from the point.

ಠ_ಠ Many.

Arika
Aug 9, 2012, 12:01 PM
Somehow, about hacker issue, I think if NA server start, they will just go mess that server instead. and JP server will be free of it just like PSU days.

Since their goal seem to target NA players anyway.

Asakust
Aug 9, 2012, 12:04 PM
Sorry, I forgot the rule where Americans can think America is the best but Japanese can't or else they're weeaboo (Or when a Korean thinks Korea is the best. . .(Koreaboo? I don't even know)) lol.

Zipzo talks like he doesn't play very many online games. Everything I added to "The issues as a EN player on EN/EU" is pretty much, true. Yes, the truth sucks. I know, it's okay.

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2012, 12:06 PM
I really do want to know why anyone cares what the others do. I'm not trying to get you guys to stop. I'm just curious.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 9, 2012, 12:10 PM
Sorry, I forgot the rule where Americans can think America is the best but Japanese can't or else they're weeaboo (Or when a Korean thinks Korea is the best. . .(Koreaboo? I don't even know)) lol.

Zipzo talks like he doesn't play very many online games. Everything I added to "The issues as a EN player on EN/EU" is pretty much, true. Yes, the truth sucks. I know, it's okay.

Weaboo detected.

G'it ready.

Yuicihi
Aug 9, 2012, 12:11 PM

Because it's PSOW. You either play/think the way I want you to, or I dislike you with the fiery passion of twin suns. See: Bikinis, NPCs in MPAs, etc.

But seriously, if they want to go play on the NA/EU servers, let them be. They'll probably have more fun there if they're bothered enough by the atmosphere of the JP servers to want to wait.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 9, 2012, 12:17 PM
But seriously, if they want to go play on the NA/EU servers, let them be. They'll probably have more fun there if they're bothered enough by the atmosphere of the JP servers to want to wait.

This too.

That server just isn't a good fit for some people. I consider the JP a trial run until the global servers go up.

Asakust
Aug 9, 2012, 12:18 PM
Weaboo detected.

G'it ready.

-pats-

I enjoy lack of proper comebacks. But yeah, people shouldn't really care so long as they're 'content' with it I guess. I don't see the point of threads like these either. If you're just going to wait. . . then wait. No point in announcing it to anyone like you wanted attention, unless, you actually did. In which case, I'd say mission successful.

Cyrillic
Aug 9, 2012, 12:24 PM
Regarding my opinion on chatting. I personally REALLY enjoy the game a lot more if i have likable people I can share the game with. A little bit of gamer-bonding can go a long way, Seeing someone level is nice, but a friend leveling up is even better. It's like you got a little stronger too since you KNOW you're gonna be hanging out and grinding with them in the future.

As far as the server differences go and the video posted with the college student hate... it definitely acknowledges that jerks exist... however, so does youtube videos of Westboro baptists being hateful as well, does that mean i can chalk that as being the norm for America? And even then... that video seems to even be responding to the LACK of respect they themselves don't recieve. (which could be just plain cultural differences, Japan does APPEAR to require a lot more in the way of 'manners' than the US right now.) Doesn't make being a jerk in response justified though, not at all.

I think what we CAN reasonably acknowledge is what pop-culture/media as a whole encourages/reinforces in both countries. How do the most popular japanese TV shows treat the 'jerk' compared to america? What is the theme behind Japan's most popular songs compared to America? Pop-culture either reflects the norm OR somewhat influences it... so if we need to generalize a country... might as well start with what's popular in it.

Though on the main point... I look forward to the NA server, I've kinda learned to ignore the teens with their online relationship drama in other games and I'm usually good at spotting the game-focused peeps. Being behind on content works out for me cause I still have console games... i actually got a pretty ugly backlog... dang it life.

DC_PLAYER
Aug 9, 2012, 12:26 PM
I really do want to know why anyone cares what the others do. I'm not trying to get you guys to stop. I'm just curious.

You sir deserve a medal.

Sierhiet
Aug 9, 2012, 12:29 PM
Your entitled to your patriotism and opinion. But if you are indeed Japanese, then this discussion has nothing to do with you.

condiments
Aug 9, 2012, 12:37 PM

Ahem." Weeaboo (a.k.a Wapanese) is an English slang used to describe a person (typically of non-Asian descent) who prefers Japan and all things in Japanese over one’s indigenous culture."

I've been dealing pretty well with all the online english games I've played over the years despite the supposed swathes of "entitled EN/EU brats" that everybody cries about. I'm playing JP PSO2 for the early additional content, but I'm not lying when I say I'd probably enjoy the game more in an english friendly environment.

Asakust
Aug 9, 2012, 12:38 PM
Your entitled to your patriotism and opinion. But if you are indeed Japanese, then this discussion has nothing to do with you.

Well I do still reside in Canada, at the moment anyways.

And I'm well aware of the definition of Weeaboo, condiments.

Sierhiet
Aug 9, 2012, 12:40 PM
I've been dealing pretty well with all the online english games I've played over the years despite the supposed swathes of "entitled EN/EU brats" that everybody cries about. I'm playing JP PSO2 for the early additional content, but I'm not lying when I say I'd probably enjoy the game more in an english friendly environment.

This has probably been the most legitimate answer to the entire thread.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 9, 2012, 12:44 PM
-pats-

I enjoy lack of proper comebacks. But yeah, people shouldn't really care so long as they're 'content' with it I guess. I don't see the point of threads like these either. If you're just going to wait. . . then wait. No point in announcing it to anyone like you wanted attention, unless, you actually did. In which case, I'd say mission successful.

The thread's purpose is to see how people feel about starting a new character on western servers.

You do our Canadian educational system a great shame in your inability to read. Also, better get your anger checked kid. Its unhealthy to be mad all the time. Calm down.

Zyrusticae
Aug 9, 2012, 12:49 PM
This has probably been the most legitimate answer to the entire thread.
I don't appreciate the implication that enjoying the JP version more is somehow an "illegitimate answer".

Asakust
Aug 9, 2012, 12:52 PM
Please, Canadian education system lol. Cutbacks since forever, terrible. Still sour about the time when they 'refined' those math courses way back in the day, and I had to retake it even though I had all. . . 3(?) credits for them separately. "These credits aren't eligible since we have a new curriculum", screw you too.

I don't see where you see the anger though. Then again, I guess interpretation is up to the reader.

Sierhiet
Aug 9, 2012, 12:52 PM
I don't appreciate the implication that enjoying the JP version more is somehow an "illegitimate answer".
That was not implied by my post. Your answer was absolutely legitimate too when you finally made your bias clear. Yours went from "The service is better" to, "I don't give a shit" and then finally "I prefer the Japanese community" over the course of a number of threads.

Zyrusticae
Aug 9, 2012, 12:58 PM
Wow.

Y'know, it really is incredibly irritating when people put words in your mouth.

I never said "The service is better". I may have said "the update schedule isn't a crock of shit", but that's not the same thing (seeing as how YOUR definition of "service" appears to be direct customer service and nothing else).

Also, my position hasn't changed there at all. The update schedule is still going to be by and large superior in every conceivable way (faster AND with more content that won't be seen on the NA server for unknown, nebulous, possibly culturally biased reasons), I still don't give a shit about the supposed "advantages" of playing an EN server, and I do indeed believe the JP community is outright superior to our own. What may have changed is the emphasis. That's about it.

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 01:00 PM
what are the advantages of playing on the en server

i have not seen a reasonable list

if the list is really just a list of bad things that might happen on the JP server, then lol

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 9, 2012, 01:08 PM
Please, Canadian education system lol. Cutbacks since forever, terrible. Still sour about the time when they 'refined' those math courses way back in the day, and I had to retake it even though I had all. . . 3(?) credits for them separately. "These credits aren't eligible since we have a new curriculum", screw you too.

I don't see where you see the anger though. Then again, I guess interpretation is up to the reader.

Especially with our current gov, education isn't a priority. The kids in Quebec who are shutting down cities with their protests have me wishing I did a bit more about the rising tuition costs when it effected me directly.

Took 4 years of engineering at uni, raking up debt due to the high tuition, to come out making a less or on par with a Newfie in Fort Mac shovelling dirt. Plus, he/she doesn't have student loans to pay back every month. Great incentive to gain further eduction. Don't get me started how fucked the arts students are, I'm dating a theatre designer and she's so very much worse off.

But, at least we don't have the American education system. Thank your respective deiti for that.

The anger thing was half interpretation, half attempting a self fulfilling prophecy. It's what I do, sorry man.

Sierhiet
Aug 9, 2012, 01:10 PM
what are the advantages of playing on the en server

i have not seen a reasonable list

if the list is really just a list of bad things that might happen on the JP server, then lol

You aren't reading anything, are you?

Also, my position hasn't changed there at all. The update schedule is still going to be by and large superior in every conceivable way (faster AND with more content that won't be seen on the NA server for unknown, nebulous, possibly culturally biased reasons), I still don't give a shit about the supposed "advantages" of playing an EN server, and I do indeed believe the JP community is outright superior to our own. What may have changed is the emphasis. That's about it.

Then why even place your two cents into the discussion? Your decision is based on a very personal sentiment of preference in community and the assumption that history will repeat itself which is valid. The culturally different content deduction is also an assumption.

My deduction is based on what is going on now in JP. The facts.

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 01:13 PM
You aren't reading anything, are you?

Then why even place your two cents into the discussion? Your decision is based on a very personal sentiment of preference in community and the assumption that history will repeat itself which is valid. The culturally different content deduction is also an assumption.

My deduction is based on what is going on now in JP. The facts.

Oh no, I'm reading plenty. I'm just not seeing anything here. At all. I see a lot of hot air from a lot of people, and a list of ~oh no hackers are on the jp servers and you can't read and baka gaijin no tech support for yoooooouuuuu~ but that's it.

I mean really, did you honestly say that there was even the slightest possibility that there won't be hackers on the EN servers? Really. Sure, there's a slight possibility it won't happen, but really. It will happen, as sure as the moon will rise some time in the next 70 years.

kkow
Aug 9, 2012, 01:23 PM
what game didn't do this?> "culturally different content deduction is also an assumption." isn't this one of the reasons there are different servers in the first place?...

Sierhiet
Aug 9, 2012, 01:25 PM
I mean really, did you honestly say that there was even the slightest possibility that there won't be hackers on the EN servers? Really. Sure, there's a slight possibility it won't happen, but really. It will happen, as sure as the moon will rise some time in the next 70 years.I don't know bro, let me check myself hold on.

later access to the game
poor service in the form of delayed updates (yet to be determined)

Feel free to add to the list.
ಠ_ಠ

Nope. Pretty sure I agreed they exist everywhere. My point was simply to highlight the over all assumptions being made about the release still outweigh the factual events happening now.

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 01:28 PM
Exactly. You can go ahead and just mark that as a yes, skip the "Yet to be determined."

I understand what you're trying to do, but I'm just not seeing why. What is it you're actually seeking? Aside from maybe creating strife, which in all honesty would have created itself anyway. Somebody would have sneezed and somebody else would have thought they heard the word "bikini."

edit: And how about that list of positives

Marly
Aug 9, 2012, 01:33 PM
Superior master race nippon server will always be vastly better compared to those baka gaijins' shitty NA server.

Sierhiet
Aug 9, 2012, 01:35 PM
edit: And how about that list of positivesYou give me the list of positives in contrast to the negatives I've listed, and I'll give you the list of positives I'm predicting will go down for US/EU. Fair warning though. They'll be eerily similar. And just for you, I'll mark that as a yes. The list differences are still pretty clear. I'm not really sure what you mean by what am I seeking?

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 01:39 PM
I haven't addressed your list because most of it is non-issue for me. Language barrier? No. Service? I didn't expect any. Webmoney? Uh, lol? Credit cards denied? I can buy AC fine. Smaller native community...lol? hackers? Because I won't run into any on the EN servers, right?

That leaves the risk of being banned. Which was also there for JP PSOBB and JP PSU, and pretty much nothing happened with that. So again, lol.

Now the list again, after being balanced

JP Issues:

EN Issues:
Wait a long fucking time
SoA's track record

JP Positives:
Play the game now
Play the game with friends

EN Positives:
Play the game in english (don't care)
Play the game with english speakers (Because the english F2P community is so wonderful to expose yourself to)

So how 'bout that list of positives you had.

Sierhiet
Aug 9, 2012, 01:53 PM
I haven't addressed your list because most of it is non-issue for me. Language barrier? No. Service? I didn't expect any. Webmoney? Uh, lol? Credit cards denied? I can buy AC fine. Smaller native community...lol? hackers? Because I won't run into any on the EN servers, right?

Many of you keep trying to force your personal preferences into the conversation, forcing the debate to decay every single time it is brought up and deviating from the point I've been trying to share. If you have a deep seeded hatred for or preference towards one community over another, then that is your opinion. If your not out to be competitive and don't mind a loss in progress, that is your opinion. Your opinion (or rather strong personal preference) for this particular debate though is irrelevant because all we are doing is demonstrating a counter argument to the "Fuck US/EU servers because of past service" argument that is running rampant, even though you are dealing with a whole other batch of problems while playing in JP which is validly and arguably worse then what you MAY experience upon the US/EU release.

You give me the list of positives in contrast to the negatives I've listed, and I'll give you the list of positives I'm predicting will go down for US/EU. Fair warning though. They'll be eerily similar.

http://theultimateplaylist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/willy-wonka-wilder-300x300.jpg

Oh you're absolutely reading. Forget I said anything.

watashiwa
Aug 9, 2012, 01:59 PM

That leaves the risk of being banned. Which was also there for JP PSOBB and JP PSU, and pretty much nothing happened with that. So again, lol.

JP Issues:

EN Issues:
Wait a long fucking time
SoA's track record

JP Positives:
Play the game now
Play the game with friends

EN Positives:
Play the game in english (don't care)
Play the game with english speakers (Because the english F2P community is so wonderful to expose yourself to)

You're spouting off your opinion as "matter of fact" and it's your way or no way, because any other way is total bullshit. I could just reverse your list and parade myself off as being totally right, coming off as an asshole just like you.

So, let's try it. How stupid I look to you, while doing it, is how stupid you look to me.

I haven't addressed your list because most of it is non-issue for me. Language barrier? No. Service? I didn't expect any. Credit cards? Yeah, my US/EU server accepts them just fine. Big Japanese community...lol? hackers? Because I won't run into any on the JP servers, right?

That leaves the risk of being banned. No, wait, it doesn't. So again, lol.

JP Issues:
Get content before the US server that I can't read and have to wait for a guide for so that I can make the appropriate choices when the NPCs ask me questions or go the appropriate ways, so that I can get the quest ending I desire... 'cuz I can't fucking read the dialog.
SoJ no tech support.
Wait for my half-ass English patch every content update so I can read the damn menus.

EN Issues:

JP Positives:

EN Positives:
Play the game with friends.
Play the game in english.
Play the game with english speakers. (Because fuck the Japanese community and their culture.)

Notice how I didn't bother with waiting for content or SoA's track record as issues for the EN server. Because waiting for content doesn't bother me and since it doesn't bother me, my opinion that the NA/EU server is superior and you're wrong.

That was fun being you. I could have done a better job but I didn't want to put too much effort into it.

ShinMaruku
Aug 9, 2012, 02:00 PM
If sega values money they should kick non JP accounts after the west version goes. Got to protect their money.

Asakust
Aug 9, 2012, 02:02 PM
If sega values money they should kick non JP accounts after the west version goes. Got to protect their money.

How2losemoney101.

ShinMaruku
Aug 9, 2012, 02:06 PM
Those people they 'lose' from kicking us people will be more than made up from actual western people who don't frequent the forums and you know play the game. Given the strength of the yen the us dollar has less value for them and that takes some potential money. If they got money from the proper regions and have less reliance on third parties they'd make their money.

All sensible companies do this thing. Look at Nexon they rollin in money and they region lock all their servers. Hell Nexon keeps all their region fairly in parity as well.

If you don't have faith in Sega don't give them ANY money.

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 02:09 PM
http://theultimateplaylist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/willy-wonka-wilder-300x300.jpg

Oh you're absolutely reading. Forget I said anything.

how 2 internet argu

step 1
create list with personal preference and false or non-issue things
step 2
don't let other people remove personal preference things on basis of how they can't involve personal preference and then ignore them when they point out the false or non-issue things
step 3
never actually do anything else

Foreign cards work
Webmoney is expensive, and that doesn't matter because foreign cards work
there is service
language barrier and smaller native community are personal preference so have no business on the list based on your own logic
hackers are on both, why even bother listing them
risk of ban is essentially a non-issue but technically it can happen so go nuts, list away

So...maybe it's the 16 hours I've been up, or maybe you've got nothing. I'm not sure yet.
You're spouting off your opinion as "matter of fact" and it's your way or no way, because any other way is total bullshit. I could just reverse your list and parade myself off as being totally right, coming off as an asshole just like you.

So, let's try it. How stupid I look to you, while doing it, is how stupid you look to me.

I haven't addressed your list because most of it is non-issue for me. Language barrier? No. Service? I didn't expect any. Credit cards? Yeah, my US/EU server accepts them just fine. Big Japanese community...lol? hackers? Because I won't run into any on the JP servers, right?

That leaves the risk of being banned. No, wait, it doesn't. So again, lol.

JP Issues:
Get content before the US server that I can't read and have to wait for a guide for so that I can make the appropriate choices when the NPCs ask me questions or go the appropriate ways, so that I can get the quest ending I desire... 'cuz I can't fucking read the dialog.
SoJ no tech support.
Wait for my half-ass English patch every content update so I can read the damn menus.

EN Issues:

JP Positives:

EN Positives:
Play the game with friends.
Play the game in english.
Play the game with english speakers. (Because fuck the Japanese community and their culture.)

Notice how I didn't bother with waiting for content or SoA's track record as issues for the EN server. Because waiting for content doesn't bother me and since it doesn't bother me, my opinion that the NA/EU server is superior and you're wrong.

That was fun being you. I could have done a better job but I didn't want to put too much effort into it.
But this was my entire point. The list is bad when all it does is cite subjective issues and blatantly untrue things. If you're going to be objective, go ahead and actually be objective.

edit: And to get back to why I even replied in the first place: Why is this an actual topic of discussion? I mean, who gives a shit who plays where?

Inazuma
Aug 9, 2012, 02:13 PM
PSO2 right now is like unwashed soy beans. They taste pretty good but they are dirty. We have to bear with it for now, until next year when the chef will use a strainer to properly clean the beans and separate the dirt and filth from them. At that point we can enjoy clean, delicious soy beans, which will gradually become better tasting as the chef adds additional spices and sauces as time goes on, further improving the meal.

As for the filth, that will be added onto the shells, to create a sort of dirty leftover version of what is supposed to be soy beans. After the chef halfheartedly throws this together, he will leave it in the back alley to rot for a few years.

Darki
Aug 9, 2012, 02:17 PM

The problem is that many people (myself included) probably wouldn't play the game in the US servers under that situation, so they would lose that money anyways. I'm not saying now that I wouldn't, but I can tell you for sure that if the game reaches a point similar to what US PSU came to be, I'd rather not play than play under those circunstances. Back then my first attemp was in the US servers, so I hadn't tasted yet the JP servers, and I didn't know how bad the thing could get. But having tried them already in this game, and with my past experiences, I know I wouldn't.

tl;dr, I'd say that if SEGA values money they should first make the US/EU good enough so that people will switch willingly to them.

I know I would. But if they make a crap server again and the only way they have to make more players is to kick people from the JP servers, many of us won't even bother trying this time.

If you don't have faith in Sega don't give them ANY money.

We do have faith in SEGA, but we don't have faith in their international policy. I have faith that PSO2 is going to be a greater game than PSO and PSU (hell, it already is for me, and the game is only 2 months old or so), but that faith doesn't include the fact that they're going to share that greatness to the rest of the world.

kkow
Aug 9, 2012, 02:17 PM
so in the end, all it comes down to is, i cant read this fk jpn servers. be more honest about it yea? comparing the jpn server to a non existent server and non existent service is stupid, stop it. have fun on your eng servers and leave the people staying on the jpn servers alone.

oifjustus
Aug 9, 2012, 02:21 PM

Are you un-optimistic in real life as well?

Sierhiet
Aug 9, 2012, 02:21 PM
step 1
create list with personal preference and false or non-issue things
step 2
don't let other people remove personal preference things on basis of how they can't involve personal preference and then ignore them when they point out the false or non-issue things
step 3
never actually do anything else

Foreign cards work
Webmoney is expensive, and that doesn't matter because foreign cards work
there is service
language barrier and smaller native community are personal preference so have no business on the list based on your own logic
hackers are on both, why even bother listing them
risk of ban is essentially a non-issue but technically it can happen so go nuts, list away

The list is 100% factual, I'm not listing any bias aside from potentially missing additional cons for either side. Absolutely nothing you post is doing anything but making you look ether bitter, or unintelligent.

Foreign cards work? Cool story, bro.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199467
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198590

Webmoney is expensive? Webmoney is expensive, yes your right.

Your ability to read something is an opinion? We'll I guess we are all multilingual as long as we think we are.

Risk of ban is essentially a non-issue? Cool story, bro. Just search 'ban' for those.

Darki
Aug 9, 2012, 02:27 PM
The card issue is not a real issue. I mean that there are many card issues non related to their nartionality. I was never able to pay with my own credit card in PSU US/EU, with a "western" credit card. I had to go to the bank and ask for some sort of bullshit cyber card for internet purchases that worked half of the time.

In the other hand, there's people whose foreign cards work in the JP server. If I acted the way you do then I should say that the credit card is a global issue because "credit cards don't even work in the US/EU servers", when it's only a half-truth.

kkow
Aug 9, 2012, 02:28 PM

Risk of ban is essentially a non-issue? Cool story, bro. Just search 'ban' for those.

yes and yes.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2hcp1ec.jpg

can you go away now?

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 02:32 PM
The list is 100% factual, I'm not listing any bias aside from potentially missing additional cons for either side. Absolutely nothing you post is doing anything but making you look ether bitter, or unintelligent.

Webmoney is expensive? Webmoney is expensive, yes your right.

Your ability to read something is an opinion? We'll I guess we are all multilingual as long as we think we are.

First reply:

I have been able to purchase 500AC, but I have not yet tried to buy any higher amounts at a time yet. I will try it sometime and see. ^^
Those look like threads where foreign cards worked to me but idk maybe yours didn't vOv

Maybe I need sleep, but yeah I'm really not seeing it. I had no idea a person's inability to read something and their caring about that fact automatically lined up, but hey. Oh, that would sound like personal preference. That webmoney too man, it's so expensive gosh. Also, Russia is a bad country because walking takes longer than driving there. Walking does take a long time, yes I'm right. Don't forget, lightning strikes things in russia, so living there is dangerous because you risk being struck by lightning.

I must just really need some sleep because you are out-logicking the fuck out of me right now.

I still have no idea why you have such a passion for this topic, it's like you enjoy e-arguing. That would be really weird, I've never heard of that.

And again: Why is this even something you draw out?

Sierhiet
Aug 9, 2012, 02:34 PM
So I'm just imagining the sentiment from those on those threads complaining about cards and having to buy Web money? Their problems are non existent? OK you win.

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 02:35 PM
I guess other people are imagining the AC they get with their foreign credit cards.

Darki
Aug 9, 2012, 02:36 PM
So I'm just imagining the sentiment from those on those threads complaining about cards and having to buy Web money? Their problems are non existent? OK you win.

The fact that "some" credit cards don't work doesn't imply that credit cards don't work. The keyword is "some".

Sierhiet
Aug 9, 2012, 02:37 PM
First reply:

Those look like threads where foreign cards worked to me but idk maybe yours didn't vOv

Maybe I need sleep, but yeah I'm really not seeing it. I had no idea a person's inability to read something and their caring about that fact automatically lined up, but hey. Oh, that would sound like personal preference. That webmoney too man, it's so expensive gosh. Also, Russia is a bad country because walking takes longer than driving there. Walking does take a long time, yes I'm right. Don't forget, lightning strikes things in russia, so living there is dangerous because you risk being struck by lightning.

I must just really need some sleep because you are out-logicking the fuck out of me right now.

I still have no idea why you have such a passion for this topic, it's like you enjoy e-arguing. That would be really weird, I've never heard of that.

And again: Why is this even something you draw out?Give up. All your trying to do at this point is put words in my mouth. Whether or not the Webmoney issue bothers you or not is an opinion. Yes. Whether or not it is more expensive is not. That is the fact which I listed.

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 02:39 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha okay you win.

KyAniki
Aug 9, 2012, 02:40 PM

Sorry, but you are wrong on this point. I just (within the last 3 minutes) purchased 500Yens worth of glorious AC.

Aewyn
Aug 9, 2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah, that AC I bought yesterday, it never happened. And that AC I got charged for that actually went through, it never happened either. Nope. In fact, the money that they debited from my account wasn't put towards AC at all, it went into pennywhistles and knee-high socks.

Asakust
Aug 9, 2012, 02:47 PM
knee-high socks.

Go on. You have my full attention.

jooozek
Aug 9, 2012, 02:48 PM
Did it not show up in game or just not in your bank account? Lots of japanese games charge later for purchases instead of taking the money immediately. My AC purchases from the first day of release just got taken out of my bank account a few days ago.

Get a sarcasm/irony detector ASAP, your condition is critical ^^;

KyAniki
Aug 9, 2012, 02:50 PM
Get a sarcasm/irony detector ASAP, your condition is critical ^^;

Haha, I rescind my post. To be fair, before the edit (when it was just the first sentence), it was not that obvious. Sarcasm comes across poorly through just text.

Blastifyys
Aug 9, 2012, 02:56 PM
I strongly agree with you GET A VENT OR SOMETHING!

Zipzo
Aug 9, 2012, 06:35 PM

No, they aren't.

And your assumption of me is 100% false. Just like the rest of your *opinions*.

ShinMaruku
Aug 9, 2012, 06:41 PM
The problem is that many people (myself included) probably wouldn't play the game in the US servers under that situation, so they would lose that money anyways. I'm not saying now that I wouldn't, but I can tell you for sure that if the game reaches a point similar to what US PSU came to be, I'd rather not play than play under those circunstances. Back then my first attemp was in the US servers, so I hadn't tasted yet the JP servers, and I didn't know how bad the thing could get. But having tried them already in this game, and with my past experiences, I know I wouldn't.

tl;dr, I'd say that if SEGA values money they should first make the US/EU good enough so that people will switch willingly to them.

I know I would. But if they make a crap server again and the only way they have to make more players is to kick people from the JP servers, many of us won't even bother trying this time.

We do have faith in SEGA, but we don't have faith in their international policy. I have faith that PSO2 is going to be a greater game than PSO and PSU (hell, it already is for me, and the game is only 2 months old or so), but that faith doesn't include the fact that they're going to share that greatness to the rest of the world.
Them losing you and whatever people who can't get in the JP server is really nothing compared to what they can get with newer people.
If you have no faith in Sega internationally then you should have no faith in them period. They will be relegated to be some obscure part of a shrinking economy.

Metis
Aug 9, 2012, 07:05 PM
I quit the JP server ever since they officially announced the NA server.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 9, 2012, 07:46 PM
I quit the JP server ever since they officially announced the NA server.

Right on.

Seyle
Aug 9, 2012, 07:54 PM
ITT:

A shit load of people bored to tears because the servers are down.

The Walrus
Aug 9, 2012, 07:59 PM
Seeing as the servers only went down 2 hours ago not really

Seyle
Aug 9, 2012, 08:07 PM
Hm, you're right. I wonder what it is then? A massive lack of real-life social acceptance from the opposite sex? Or maybe it's the fact that we all have an incredibly terrible habit of feeding the trolls.

Whatever the reason, why in the fuck does anyone care what anyone else is doing? Jesus Christ, if these dudes want to quit because they feel the game isn't easy to use, who cares?

Etalis
Aug 9, 2012, 08:11 PM
What is the point of quitting JP servers, if a worldwide server will exist in the future? You can always patch the JP with the English version files :D

Asakust
Aug 9, 2012, 08:11 PM
No, they aren't.

And your assumption of me is 100% false. Just like the rest of your *opinions*.

So you're telling me that on the NA/EU version:
SoA will provide better (overall) service than SoJ?
Will have less hackers than JP version?
Will have less trolls?
Less players with the self entitlement issues?
You'll get all the special outfits and events JP will?
And get VA's that don't sound like random bums off the street?

Hmm, maybe you're right. Maybe, just maybe, an American online game publisher will finally break the trend and will localize a game decently and sustain a nice open community. On a free to play game too! My, what a landmark that awaits us! Since 1999! Many apologies for all the doubts, I will wait warmly.

Etalis
Aug 9, 2012, 08:23 PM
So you're telling me that on the NA/EU version:
Sega of America will provide better (overall) service than Sega of Japan?
And get VA's that don't sound like random bums off the stree?

I lol'd xD, if we were Japanese maybe we would be chauvinistic

Halcyote
Aug 9, 2012, 08:27 PM
i wonder if there are other people who read through this thread came to the realization of how entitled a lot of the ps-community comes off as

Vintasticvin
Aug 9, 2012, 08:33 PM
i wonder if there are other people who read through this thread came to the realization of how entitled a lot of the ps-community comes off as

Gamer-X clearly tells every thread he/she goes off on how they act as if they are entitled to whatever they want and I agree with X

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 9, 2012, 08:36 PM
I have't played since change in the TOS. I dont like the idea of tip toeing around the JP population.

Aewyn
Aug 9, 2012, 08:44 PM
i wonder if there are other people who read through this thread came to the realization of how entitled a lot of the ps-community comes off asYou're definitely not the only one, that's for sure. I think many of the community members feel this as well, they just don't post it.

Zyrusticae
Aug 9, 2012, 08:46 PM
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of US PC/PS2 PSU dying several years earlier and 2 years behind in updates.

It's very loud, you see.

Aewyn
Aug 9, 2012, 08:56 PM
I thought you were an avid supporter of the Zeitgeist Movement. In addition to all that crop stuff aren't you supposed to like, be the change you want to see in the world?

Darki
Aug 9, 2012, 09:03 PM
Them losing you and whatever people who can't get in the JP server is really nothing compared to what they can get with newer people.

But that's the point, my dear. By kicking out the importers from the JP servers they aren't getting newer people. They get newer people -and old importers- by making the US/EU server good enough for it to attract them Do you think that "new players" have the patience that we've showed over the last 10 years of half-assed services? Many of us here will play the game in the US/EU servers even knowing how bad can it be out of fan conmitement. If the game is as crap as PSU got to be, do you think it will keep enough players by itself? By kicking newer people they're just getting people angry.

The problem here is that you and people of your opinion think of the importers being kicked as a solution, but it isn't. People plays in the JP servers, and plan on staying there, because they don't trust that the US/EU servers are going to be good enough, and this is entirely SEGA's fault.

Now tell me: if it was SEGA who crushed all the faith we had on their international policies by completely disregarding the previous installment's international server, why has it to be us who restore that trust? Shouldn't be SEGA the ones who should fix their own shit?

If you have no faith in Sega internationally then you should have no faith in them period. They will be relegated to be some obscure part of a shrinking economy.

That's nonsense. SEGA's game development and SEGA's international policy are two entirely different things. That's like if I told you that, because you trust me, you should trust my surgery skills and let me operate you of appendicitis (I'm actually an artist, not a surgeon). Would you trust me in that, then? Doesn't this sound stupid to you? it does to me.

I know SEGA can make good games. They've demonstrated it. I trust their skills in that department. But they've also demonstrated their lack of interest for the foreign community. What do I win by "having faith"? I'm agnostic. If by the following 5 months after the release of the US/EU servers it shows to be good enough for my tastes then I'll be the fist one to talk wonders about it here. Business is not a matter of faith.

The Walrus
Aug 9, 2012, 09:09 PM
Gamer-X clearly tells every thread he/she goes off on how they act as if they are entitled to whatever they want and I agree with X

Can't really blame them for wanting decent NA support for a change though. That's all they ever wanted.

Zyrusticae
Aug 9, 2012, 09:11 PM
I thought you were an avid supporter of the Zeitgeist Movement. In addition to all that crop stuff aren't you supposed to like, be the change you want to see in the world?

There's so many things wrong with that I don't even know where to begin.

But I'll just say, yes, the change starts with me. Guess what? I switched servers. It's that easy!

Really, though, you gravely overestimate our ability to "change" things. As was pointed out before, much of the blame for US PC/PS2's state lies with SOJ. Thus, supporting SOA unfortunately doesn't actually help matters in that regard because SOJ will just continue on their merry way being xenophobic dicks. It is with great irony that I know support them by playing on their servers now (over $120 spent btw, though honestly I don't think that's more than a drop in the bucket next to all those folks spending in the thousands), but really, there's nothing I can do to convince them to stop being asshats, so I'm just going to play on the server that provides me the best experience and the least personal discomfort.

Now, if you wanted to see actual change, perhaps if a bunch of people wrote to the upper management of SOJ in such a manner so as to convince them to not cock this up would be more fruitful than just throwing money at SOA or trying to convince those of us sticking to the JP to switch sides. Besides, according to some folks here, my contribution is apparently immaterial anyways... which makes me wonder, actually, because that would by extension make my contribution to SOA immaterial. Who's right, I wonder?

Edit: BTW, TZM stands for change through information and education, plus it's kind of not really interested in the whole "money" thing, so invoking them here seems doubly strange.

Blastifyys
Aug 9, 2012, 09:13 PM

very late comment but this right here is amazing on so many levels for one reason is because all of my years i have been playing ps games but not jp servers but English all English i have never not been scammed from English every single time i can tell you story's that will go on for 2 more pages. heirs 1 imagine playing with a friend you have known for over 2 years and then i gave him 30 mill. and some nice weps because he created new character and once it said trade was successful boom left party unfriended me deleted partner card and blocked me now aint that about a b*****ch

Aewyn
Aug 9, 2012, 09:19 PM
There's so many things wrong with that I don't even know where to begin.

But I'll just say, yes, the change starts with me. Guess what? I switched servers. It's that easy!

Really, though, you gravely overestimate our ability to "change" things. As was pointed out before, much of the blame for US PC/PS2's state lies with SOJ. Thus, supporting SOA unfortunately doesn't actually help matters in that regard because SOJ will just continue on their merry way being xenophobic dicks. It is with great irony that I know support them by playing on their servers now (over $120 spent btw, though honestly I don't think that's more than a drop in the bucket next to all those folks spending in the thousands), but really, there's nothing I can do to convince them to stop being asshats, so I'm just going to play on the server that provides me the best experience and the least personal discomfort.

Now, if you wanted to see actual change, perhaps if a bunch of people wrote to the upper management of SOJ in such a manner so as to convince them to not cock this up would be more fruitful than just throwing money at SOA or trying to convince those of us sticking to the JP to switch sides. Besides, according to some folks here, my contribution is apparently immaterial anyways... which makes me wonder, actually, because that would by extension make my contribution to SOA immaterial. Who's right, I wonder?

Edit: BTW, TZM stands for change through information and education, plus it's kind of not really interested in the whole "money" thing, so invoking them here seems doubly strange.The joke, you missed it. Taking it so cereal.

Zyrusticae
Aug 9, 2012, 09:42 PM
The joke, you missed it. Taking it so cereal.
Yes, I am afraid that such a thing flew entirely over my head. I still fail to see the humor, which leads me to believe it was a poor jest.

Aewyn
Aug 9, 2012, 10:41 PM
It doesn't change the fact you're unnecessarily negative. You avoided that part in your rambling, defensive reply. :V

People seem to be fighting over something that bears absolutely no relevance. From person to person, everyone will feel different about this. What's gained from this discussion? I mean, look at the thread title. What's this going to accomplish? You responded to me as if you knew my opinion, but my opinion on this is reserved for myself. I just felt like teasing you. Perhaps that's little of me, but that's the internet for you. If it were up to me, this troll bait would be locked.

Macman
Aug 10, 2012, 12:05 AM
Not even reading all this shit and all I can see is:

YOU'RE ALL RETARDED, I AM RIGHT. BLAH BLAH BLAH SPECULATION, DELUSION AND BRUISED EGOS.

PSO-World!

Sierhiet you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
Oh wait...

Ha ha ha ha ha okay you win.

Congratulations! You're a winner! Come get your internet argument trophy!

http://adnauseous.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/toilet-trophy.jpg

Mariodante
Aug 10, 2012, 12:32 AM
So, I think I'm going to probably quit PSO2 fairly soon and hold out until the NA realease, probably in the next couple of days. Truth be told, I LOVE PSO2, I LOVE PSO, PSU was pretty mediocre >.>, but honestly, this Japanese thing is just kind of getting to me. It's never heavily populated unless it's a weekend (I suppose I'll just give it a shot on weekends), there's so many people I can't communicate with, us Americans aren't even allowed in anymore and may soon get tossed out in our entirety. It's a shame because I just hit level 36 on my Hunter and my MAG just hit 150 but it was a very fun run.

I've got a handful of seriously difficult and time consuming quests in the game, but I can't get anyone to help me since virtually no Americans will team up with me and it seems like the Japanese either aren't playing or can't speak with me when they are playing. So that just kind of leaves me with the matterboard, and let's be honest; the matterboard is fucking lame. Great for getting items early game, but seriously, the whole thing after board 3 just involves revisiting old areas and grinding about for a drop while you're already level 35+ in a game that caps at 40 at the moment.

PSO2, you were of the sweetest 100 hours of free gameplay I ever had, but I'm about to bail on you. Let's have a toast to PSO2 as we're stuck waiting 4 months to play again.

ZcRaider
Aug 10, 2012, 01:31 AM
Well, just to add to the topic at hand. I'll spin my 2 cents.

As you guys may have or may not have known, ive been talking about this very thing for a while now. That being, segas discontent with foriegn customers and unethical / incompetant buisiness strategys and decisions.

As far as me going over to the N/A version, it will be determined after sega plays there poker hand.

If PSO2 turns out to be like PSU, then im not goin over to the N/A version. I for one, have suffered too much from the actions of Sega in that game. Which is why i quit PSU way before sega recently announced its closure date. Talkin years here. As much as I loved PSU, I hated how sega ran it, and the partial view towards foreigners, and how Sega's Non-jap company failed to keep up with there content. Who wants to play a game that is always behind in content? Sega promises one thing....then reneges on that promise, and expect you to be ok with it.

But...let us for a moment, consider the upside:

If PSO2 turns out be BETTER THAN PSU, as far as how sega runs it. I would consider mirgrating or just playing both versions.

Best case scenerio, Content lag is minimal, and there will be no IP Block on the Jap version either.

Worst case, I get banned for not being japanese or living in japan and the N/A version turns out to be lackluster like a watered down version of Captain Morgan.

I would simply quit and be done with it. There are plenty of other games out there, and what goes around eventually comes around.

As far as my thoughts on whether the worst case scenerio will happen...well i see it like this.

The media / internet is a POWERFUL FORCE. Sega will suffer humilating back lash from major Game Review and Fan Websites. G4 TV would grill sega down to the ground about any dicision that would cause dirision towards America or any other country. It will not translate to good money for sega...and thats WHAT THEY NEED.

So personally, i think this whole thing will die out soon.

The scare of people being banned for not living in japan alone has the potential to effect PSO's Fan base. And most of that Fan base...are not Japanese. The rest of the world vs Japan is the logic in my statement.

So im gonna just kick back and enjoy the game. And see where the wind will take me.

Because after all.....We are just playing with 1 and 0's. An intangible medium goverened by very creative men...who want our money. I can think of much better things to spend my time on.

Thats my 2 cents on the matter.

:beer:

Maronji
Aug 10, 2012, 01:48 AM
N/A version
Is that supposed to be some kind of acronym pun ("Not Available" (N/A) vs "North America" (NA))? Because, honestly, I won't lie. I laughed when I initially read that. If not, well... thanks for the laugh anyway.

Also, guys, I'm going to reiterate this again.

/twocents
Please leave the dead horses alone. Aren't they grotesque enough by this point?

Sierhiet
Aug 10, 2012, 08:50 AM
Not even reading all this shit and all I can see is:

PSO-World!

Sierhiet you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
Oh wait...

Congratulations! You're a winner! Come get your internet argument trophy!

http://adnauseous.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/toilet-trophy.jpg

Sure thing boss.

Friend, I haven't once attacked anyone's personal character. My only point in voicing my opinion is to counter balance the delusional among us who are defiant in thinking that the problems they are dealing with in JP somehow are not as bad as having to simply wait for the US/EU release or will be as bad upon its release. Furthermore, they continue to perpetuate it and in my opinion simply sound completely hypocritical or strongly bias.

Anyway, really there is no point in even arguing with you anymore. As of this morning, we've all seen the Sakai update which basically all but confirms the majority of what I, OP, Zipzo, and everyone else who share my sentiment have been saying as fact, in particularly the list I posted. So that noise about the AC some of you were spouting? I don't hear it anymore.

Continue to bicker among yourselves about how everything is dandy playing on JP, and it totally will be better there for an English player then on his native servers upon release. You won't be satisfied until the SOJ ban hammer is so far up your behind, blue hedgehogs will skirmish out of your nose and Tails out of your ears. And even then, you will remain resilient and of course, you'll tell us we don't know what we are talking about. So I'm done here

Zipzo
Aug 10, 2012, 08:53 AM
Sure thing boss.

Friend, I haven't once attacked anyone's personal character. My only point in voicing my opinion is to counter balance the delusional among us who are defiant in thinking that the problems they are dealing with in JP somehow are not as bad as having to simply wait for the US/EU release or will be as bad upon its release. Furthermore, they continue to perpetuate it and in my opinion simply sound completely hypocritical or strongly bias.

Anyway, really there is no point in even arguing with you anymore. As of this morning, we've all seen the Sakai update which basically all but confirms the majority of what I, OP, Zipzo, and everyone else who share my sentiment have been saying as fact, in particularly the list I posted. So that noise about the AC some of you were spouting? I don't hear it anymore.

Continue to bicker among yourselves about how everything is dandy playing on JP, and it totally will be better there for an English player then on his native servers upon release. You won't be satisfied until the SOJ ban hammer is so far up your behind, blue hedgehogs will skirmish out of your nose and Tails out of your ears. And even then, you will remain resilient and of course, you'll tell us we don't know what we are talking about. So I'm done hereYou are a better man than I :)

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 10, 2012, 09:52 AM
How the hell did this reach 25 pages?

The Walrus
Aug 10, 2012, 10:04 AM
That's what I want to know...

Blastifyys
Aug 10, 2012, 10:28 AM
exactly why does anyone care what others does like my mom told me meany years ago worry about your self. i mean if your doing good in life you can give someone a hand bring hem back up on there feet but in every thread about going from JP to English servers all u see is this=so you would rather play on a server that not created for you then the one is. or the name of the thread see you in English servers like wtf really all you need to know is you will be playing on that server.

Darki
Aug 10, 2012, 11:38 AM
Sure thing boss.

Of course, not playing because the local server is not up yet demands less effort than playing in the current server, lol. Nobody denied that.

Continue to bicker among yourselves about how everything is dandy playing on JP, and it totally will be better there for an English player then on his native servers upon release. You won't be satisfied until the SOJ ban hammer is so far up your behind, blue hedgehogs will skirmish out of your nose and Tails out of your ears. And even then, you will remain resilient and of course, you'll tell us we don't know what we are talking about. So I'm done here

The problem is that the fact that the "native" servers will be totally better than the JP ones is as subjective as the opposite opinion. For some of us the fact that we gotta use WM to buy premium content and the "language barrier" is a very valid exchange for the benefits of playing the game months before its release.

When the local servers come, after we see how they go for a while, we can start talking if playing in the JP servers instead is worth the effort.

Also, if we're banned from the JP servers, it will be likely because of the acts of selfish retards with too much computer knowledge, not because they don't want us there. In the same article that you're trying to rub up our asses, Sakay himself says that he doesn't have anything agains foreign players in the JP servers, and thart the only problem are hackers and griefers.

Link1275
Aug 10, 2012, 11:54 AM
How the hell did this reach 25 pages?
Some people just don't know when it's time to stop posting...