PDA

View Full Version : I cannot open the game

Rezzer
Aug 8, 2012, 04:05 PM
I just update the new patch and now the game won't even start. Anyone else having issues?

zOObie1
Aug 8, 2012, 04:06 PM
Please be more specific. Do you mean after you press Game Start or when you try to open the launcher?

Rezzer
Aug 8, 2012, 04:10 PM
i can open the launcher but when i press game start it just goes to a black screen. it isnt freezing or anything but all i get is a black screen.

Shakuri
Aug 8, 2012, 04:12 PM
IP Ban placed on non-JP residents, this make people who like cheat and hack have access less to the game

Rezzer
Aug 8, 2012, 04:14 PM
so that means i cannot play anymore?

Justwooper
Aug 8, 2012, 04:14 PM
This happens to me also, but why? I dont cheat, I wasl playing so good and know I cant even start the game, is there any fix?

Rezzer
Aug 8, 2012, 04:16 PM
yea i wasnt cheating. i was just using english patch. does that have to do with anything?

BlazeX
Aug 8, 2012, 04:18 PM
Go download the new verison of the english patch and redo it and you should be fine had the same prob

Justwooper
Aug 8, 2012, 04:19 PM
I dont want to lose the oportunity of playing this game, i love it, i been playing since Dream cast, they can not do this to me really, could somebody help?

Home Dog
Aug 8, 2012, 04:20 PM
Yeah if you downloaded the english patch, re-download it then put it on. It should word. I had the same problem.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 8, 2012, 04:21 PM
IP Ban placed on non-JP residents, this make people who like cheat and hack have access less to the game

PSO-World: Making up the answers as they go along, and stating them as fact, since the PSU days

Seriously, cut this shit out. You look retarded

Ana-Chan
Aug 8, 2012, 04:22 PM

He was being mean with all of the "they are going to IP ban us" nonsense on this forum at the moment.

Your best bet is to do a file check and try again. Otherwise you would need to come up with a bit more information.

Shakuri
Aug 8, 2012, 04:25 PM
PSO-World: Making up the answers as they go along, and stating them as fact, since the PSU days

Seriously, cut this shit out. You look retarded

G.A.M.E.R-X: english player like to cheat and hack its proven

Seriously, cut your IMS out, you look like an Xbox Liver.

Justwooper
Aug 8, 2012, 04:25 PM
should i download the game again?, my problem is that when i try to launch the game using the shortcut it says that windows have no access to the divice, access root or specify folder. it can be because i dont have access or rights to access the element, something like that, the message is in spanish so i translated it, and thats it, the game doesnt start. and when i try to open the game using this root C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin/ pso2.exe the game try to start but when the image of the game disappears, nothing happens, What could it be the problem? thanks

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 8, 2012, 04:33 PM
should i download the game again?, my problem is that when i try to launch the game using the shortcut it says that windows have no access to the divice, access root or specify folder. it can be because i dont have access or rights to access the element, something like that, the message is in spanish so i translated it, and thats it, the game doesnt start. and when i try to open the game using this root C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin/ pso2.exe the game try to start but when the image of the game disappears, nothing happens, What could it be the problem? thanks

It might be the bug where permissions are wrong.

Take all the .exes (there should be like 4) right click each one, select properties, and make sure they have all permissions and are run as administrator

Justwooper
Aug 8, 2012, 04:38 PM
It might be the bug where permissions are wrong.

Take all the .exes (there should be like 4) right click each one, select properties, and make sure they have all permissions and are run as administrator

I realized also that gameguard is not running, maybe that is the problem also

Justwooper
Aug 8, 2012, 04:44 PM
Another thing, pso2download.exe and pso2laucher.exe cannot access to them, also their icon are different

is the a posibility that they banned me?

zOObie1
Aug 8, 2012, 06:42 PM
Another thing, pso2download.exe and pso2laucher.exe cannot access to them, also their icon are different

A ban cannot cause you to not be able to open/run the game. You would get an error when trying to log into a Ship. Please stop listening to the trolling 4chan trash on this forum.

RogueA
Aug 8, 2012, 06:53 PM
On your launcher, click the third icon down. Two icons under the giant play button. That'll check file integrity and re-download any broken files. You should be able to play once that finishes.

Ana-Chan
Aug 8, 2012, 07:06 PM

This sounds a lot like the issue where the updater causes the loss of NTFS permissions.
Go to C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin and for all of the executables that don't have an icon and/or have a lock on the icon (please remember that pso2download.exe has the default icon anyway, so just look for a lock) do the following.

1) Right click on the file and click properties
2) On the window that appears, select Security.
3) On this tab, click the advanced button.
4) Only for Vista and newer, click the Change Permissions button.
5) Make sure the checkbox near the bottom of the window is checked.
6) Click ok on all of the windows that appeared.

This will set the files back to the default permissions if they have changed. The defaults are what the majority of us use too.

Justwooper
Aug 8, 2012, 07:59 PM
This sounds a lot like the issue where the updater causes the loss of NTFS permissions.
Go to C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin and for all of the executables that don't have an icon and/or have a lock on the icon (please remember that pso2download.exe has the default icon anyway, so just look for a lock) do the following.

1) Right click on the file and click properties
2) On the window that appears, select Security.
3) On this tab, click the advanced button.
4) Only for Vista and newer, click the Change Permissions button.
5) Make sure the checkbox near the bottom of the window is checked.
6) Click ok on all of the windows that appeared.

This will set the files back to the default permissions if they have changed. The defaults are what the majority of us use too.

ooooohhhhh my god!!! you are awesome, this fixed my problem, thanks alot, now i can play again, thanks alot really you are my heroe !!!!