PDA

View Full Version : Troll boxes (Floating Continent stuff)

Macman
Aug 8, 2012, 05:25 PM
What's with all the red crates on a pillar with the switch to turn off their barriers on the inside? Me and my friends have pretty much started calling them troll boxes, since there doesn't seem to be any way to get to them.

Is Sega messing with us?

pikachief
Aug 8, 2012, 05:32 PM
Think Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest.

As in sit and wait for some wind to pick you up lol

DragonForce
Aug 8, 2012, 05:45 PM
Never played C2. Gonna go get an emulator and...yeah.

Mystil
Aug 8, 2012, 05:51 PM
Mario 64 has a full level with a scheme like that, where you had to use the flying cap >.<

Home Dog
Aug 8, 2012, 06:03 PM
Me and a few friends managed to get on top of one with the help of our PAs. And also the techers dodge helped me get up there because I jumped from another surface. However, the one I got on didn't have a gate around it to begin with, but there were red boxes on it.

Natsuma
Aug 8, 2012, 06:13 PM
I read on another topic that from time to time, a tornado was appearing, which let you have an access to these boxes.
No idea if it's true though :/

Keiko_Seisha
Aug 8, 2012, 06:19 PM
According to the Japanese, yes you need to wait for a tornado to appear and toss you up there to get the boxes. As for exactly how random this is and if it's PSE-Weather related I'm not sure.

pikachief
Aug 8, 2012, 11:51 PM
Never played C2. Gonna go get an emulator and...yeah.

there's a certain part of the game where to proceed you must crouch against a random wall of a random part of the game and if you sit there long enough a little whirlwind will pick you up and carry you off to another part of the castle. As far as I'm concerned, the game gives you no hints towards this.

So this is also a situation where you must randomly somehow figure out that your supposed to wait or just hope a whirlwind comes and picks you up to where you need to go :)

(don't bother with the emulator i hear the game is terrible haha never played it tho. But great music!)

jooozek
Aug 9, 2012, 03:05 AM
I read on another topic that from time to time, a tornado was appearing, which let you have an access to these boxes.
No idea if it's true though :/
Obviously I was just making up stuff in that thread, yeah. (http://sadpanda.us/images/1134560-5OLAH9O.png)

NoiseHERO
Aug 9, 2012, 05:16 AM
there's a certain part of the game where to proceed you must crouch against a random wall of a random part of the game and if you sit there long enough a little whirlwind will pick you up and carry you off to another part of the castle. As far as I'm concerned, the game gives you no hints towards this.

So this is also a situation where you must randomly somehow figure out that your supposed to wait or just hope a whirlwind comes and picks you up to where you need to go :)

(don't bother with the emulator i hear the game is terrible haha never played it tho. But great music!)

Just watch sequelitis and you'll know how bad it is!

/132123213 NPC's that give you inacurate hints at where to go, the ones that do give you the right hints are vague D:

LaEspada
Aug 9, 2012, 09:35 AM
Actually to get up on top over those things most likely there's a catapult pad thing around somewhere. But They're very far away than you would think they are.
And when there's a red barrier around them there should be a "pad" that you must hit on one of the pillars nearby to deactivate the barrier.
Nuff said.

jooozek
Aug 9, 2012, 09:38 AM
Actually to get up on top over those things most likely there's a catapult pad thing around somewhere. But They're very far away than you would think they are.
And when there's a red barrier around them there should be a "pad" that you must hit on one of the pillars nearby to deactivate the barrier.
Nuff said.

You're wrong.

Alenoir
Aug 9, 2012, 09:52 AM
Nuff said.

Wrong kind. The jump pads usually sends you up to a remote floating island with no barriers but some chests, or they send you to chests behide a black wall. As far as anyone can tell, the only way to get up to the walled red chests (usually comes in 3) with the switch in the middle is by tornado.

eharima
Aug 9, 2012, 11:42 AM
Wut? Tornado. ... ima call troll until wrong,
For a start, the barrier changes colour when moving through those purple stone boxes you can walk through
I have seen it red, blue, green and pink .

There is another area with green boxes and a barrier that's deactivated by hitting the target switch on a pillar and then a jump pad appears .but not the one with three red boxes in it.

Maybe should ask that kid who is number one rare box breaker xddddd

Sayara
Aug 9, 2012, 11:44 AM
Nuff said.

There is actually the button INSIDE the barrier meaning you'd have to be tossed into it, or be able to lift your body high enough into it.

Shadowth117
Aug 9, 2012, 12:21 PM
There is actually the button INSIDE the barrier meaning you'd have to be tossed into it, or be able to lift your body high enough into it.

Not on all of them. Some don't have the button. I've noticed on the ones with this layout and no button though: OXX
XXO
OXX

that the boxes can be broken with PA's/techs from the outside sometimes. I can almost always break the right one by jumping under and using razonde. Sometimes the others too depending the elevation. You only need to get close to grab the items too so the gunslash trick to get higher than normal or trick rave can help you get these here. Its a cheap way to get good stuff, especially since it respawns the red boxes.

jooozek
Aug 9, 2012, 12:34 PM
Not on all of them. Some don't have the button. I've noticed on the ones with this layout and no button though: OXX
XXO
OXX

that the boxes can be broken with PA's/techs from the outside sometimes. I can almost always break the right one by jumping under and using razonde. Sometimes the others too depending the elevation. You only need to get close to grab the items too so the gunslash trick to get higher than normal or trick rave can help you get these here. Its a cheap way to get good stuff, especially since it respawns the red boxes.

Now allow me you to refer you to the opening post.

Home Dog
Aug 9, 2012, 01:09 PM
You just get tossed in by a random white tornado apparently. I have been tossed by one. It sounds right. Why would they put so many red boxes if the tornado things were not rare? Someone says the same thing here from the screenshots thread.

So finally found out how to get those red boxes in the floating island areas, freakn random torndao bursts from the ground and throws you up there. [SPOILER-BOX]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/Thatguyobliv/pso20120809_020522_020.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Alenoir
Aug 9, 2012, 01:26 PM
Wut? Tornado. ... ima call troll until wrong,
For a start, the barrier changes colour when moving through those purple stone boxes you can walk through

Literally tornado. They pop outta nowhere and throw you all the way back/front/to another part of the map. Our party stepped into one and one of the party members go thrown across a gap and had to walk all the way back to us.

The barrier for the chests change color when you walk off screen and come back. At least, that's what it felt like for me when I was running around in mines by myself.

jooozek
Aug 9, 2012, 01:39 PM
I've been telling that since yesterday (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2833421&postcount=3406).

Home Dog
Aug 9, 2012, 01:43 PM
I've been telling that since yesterday (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2833421&postcount=3406).

Whoa. In the picture it looks like the islands are floating in some purple place. Is that your quality settings or is there actually a place that looks like that that I haven't seen yet.

jooozek
Aug 9, 2012, 01:45 PM
The landscape is sometimes like that.

Alenoir
Aug 9, 2012, 02:01 PM

Yeah, people usually doesn't want to believe you until they see it themselves. I should've gotten a screenshot when the tornado was in my face, but it literally took me by surprise. =\

jooozek
Aug 11, 2012, 10:08 AM
So I saw today a guy nicknamed ワザト (or something like that) use a certain PA for a certain weapon type to destroy the boxes. I couldn't reach the loot by jumping so I went ahead with the MPA and on the loop on the boxes the stuff was on the ground already (i guess it was pushed outside of the barriers?). Kinda dumb that you need to exploit a bug to have a chance at those boxes (because those tornados are rare as hell).