PDA

View Full Version : Proof of Big Vardha as a 'Wild Boss'?

Clunker
Aug 8, 2012, 08:10 PM
Was rooting about Twitter, following posts with the PSO2 tag, and found this pic.

This is NOT my character, but clearly shows Big V attempting to run about the surface of Lilipa.

[spoiler-box]http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w395/_Clunker_/BigBarhda.jpg[/spoiler-box]

LK1721
Aug 8, 2012, 08:11 PM
LOL. That would be one hell of a spontaneous bossfight.

BIG OLAF
Aug 8, 2012, 08:12 PM
Could very well be a hack.

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2012, 08:13 PM
Actually, there's a VERY big room that appears as the second area of free desert rarely, it used to have two ragne spawns but it's entirely possible they changed it, or added another version with Vardha in it.

Clunker
Aug 8, 2012, 08:14 PM
Oh, man - did not think of that. (Re: Big Olaf's comment)

Isn't the character too low-level to have accessed/defeated BV?

Erk.

Ana-Chan
Aug 8, 2012, 08:16 PM
Oh, man - did not think of that. (Re: Big Olaf's comment)

Isn't the character too low-level to have accessed/defeated BV?

Erk.

With the ability to change classes, who knows. But it is definitely too low to be in hard free desert.

Home Dog
Aug 8, 2012, 08:18 PM
Yeah it may be a cheat. When I look at that picture, it does not look right at all. His level obviously. I have never seen that thing, or even heard of it being a wild boss spawn. And something about his map looks messed up. It could just be me on that one though.

Resanoca
Aug 8, 2012, 08:25 PM
I thought this picture was weird when I saw it. Now I understand. D:
http://i2.pixiv.net/img50/img/afgori/29242164.png

Cyclon
Aug 8, 2012, 08:47 PM
I don't recognize the room-on the minimap-, I don't think it exists as of now.

Clunker
Aug 8, 2012, 08:48 PM
Erm, Resanoca, that link needs work - I'm getting FORBIDDEN 403.

Resanoca
Aug 8, 2012, 08:50 PM
http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n595/Resanoca/29242164.png

Vashyron
Aug 8, 2012, 09:09 PM
It does spawn rarely, check monster tab record for Free Field Desert. (Ship 02)

I'd suspect it got enabled to spawn in there last patch.

Kirukia
Aug 8, 2012, 10:47 PM
Not sure if anybody noticed, but the entrance symbol on his minimap hasn't been explored yet and is seemingly inaccessible. That leads me to believe he didn't actually enter from another map, and means he's probably hacking.

Could be a spawn though, who knows.

NeoRydia
Aug 8, 2012, 11:25 PM
Wait wouldn't spawning enemies be a server side hack? Which I don't think anyone has been able to do at this point from what I have heard.

I would be more suspicious if it was in a different map or a boss/enemy on a planet completely different then its origin.

The radar does look a little iffy but not impossible. I think I recall having seen once or twice a map where the entrance arrow appeared much farther back then normal on that map.

And the level of the character is a non issue. That could definitely be free desert normal. Big Vardhas level being 20 fits in with that. And any other player could have spawned it or that player could have a capped alt or two already.

pikachief
Aug 8, 2012, 11:47 PM
being that the large room that you can randomly, but rarely, get in Desert is a multiparty area there could be another multiparty up ahead who has fought Vardah before and made it spawn. The map hasn't explored because they're already fighting it and he can see it as he walked into the area.

We don't need to immediately jump to the conclusion that it's a hack whenever there's something crazy like this guys haha. Not saying its not a hack, just saying there's as much of a possibility of it being a hack as there is it not being a hack.

Kirukia
Aug 9, 2012, 12:34 AM
being that the large room that you can randomly, but rarely, get in Desert is a multiparty area there could be another multiparty up ahead who has fought Vardah before and made it spawn. The map hasn't explored because they're already fighting it and he can see it as he walked into the area.

We don't need to immediately jump to the conclusion that it's a hack whenever there's something crazy like this guys haha. Not saying its not a hack, just saying there's as much of a possibility of it being a hack as there is it not being a hack.

I meant the map near the entrance hasn't been explored, which presumably it should be since he would have entered from there. But like someone said, it could've just appeared farther back. My minimap is zoomed out so I'm used to the symbol being right there. I'm not convinced it's real but that doesn't mean it's fake.

Vashyron
Aug 9, 2012, 12:43 AM
....So has anyone else looked at the Quest Records for Desert Free Field? Because if you did you'd see that Varder has appeared in both difficulties!

eharima
Aug 9, 2012, 01:35 AM
>2012 reading and reliable sources.
Haha good one vash!

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 01:36 AM
....So has anyone else looked at the Quest Records for Desert Free Field? Because if you did you'd see that Varder has appeared in both difficulties!

Obvious hackers! Just like the mizers I had in desert, you couldn't rely on me saying I found them myself because a hacker could have already been through that MPA and used his hex editorz!

KrankItVZ
Aug 9, 2012, 03:23 AM
Most... Boring... Crap...

Gama
Aug 9, 2012, 03:28 AM
must be a hell of an interesting boss fight, since that boss is so flexible and agile to move on those "large" areas.

moeri
Aug 9, 2012, 03:52 AM
Not sure if anybody noticed, but the entrance symbol on his minimap hasn't been explored yet and is seemingly inaccessible. That leads me to believe he didn't actually enter from another map, and means he's probably hacking.

Could be a spawn though, who knows.

the fact that the area where he entered isn't explored is a bit odd...

But yeah it could definitely be a teleporter to some other portion of the map... actually considering his huge size, it might even make since for him to get an area all to himself, and you have to take a randomly spawned teleporter to the area to get there

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 04:10 AM
I do wish they'd put in planet-based random bosses for free fields, and just make gwanada into an everywhere boss like ragne. Then if you want to farm one specific boss there'd be quests for that I don't know let me fight vader in the desert and let me get cheaper gwanada souls and stuff.

DemonMike
Aug 9, 2012, 04:17 AM
From my unlucky experience, Code Duels have appeared very close to me during or after I've been kidnapped and put in a code rescue.

It's looking like Big Varder can appear in the desert and I also have no reason to doubt this screenshot.

Hrith
Aug 9, 2012, 06:17 AM
With the ability to change classes, who knows. But it is definitely too low to be in hard free desert.He's in normal desert. Tranmizer spawns in normal desert. Varder is Lv20 on the picture.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 9, 2012, 06:38 AM
I can't imagine why everyone is all saying that the entrance is unexplored
The green up-arrow is outside of the map border because he is unable to return to area 1 from the special area 2

moorebounce
Aug 9, 2012, 07:05 AM
My problem with the photo is theres no indicator under the mini map showing it needs to be killed. Theres no indicator on the mini map either. Shouldn't you see a diamond (with a dot in the middle) or even a triangle on the mini map? You usually see one or the other in an emergency attack or code duel. It may be able to spawn but I don't think its a spawn in this picture. I guess the hackers went from moving characters to moving bosses now.

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 07:05 AM
Not if you haven't gotten close enough to register the code duel yourself.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 9, 2012, 07:07 AM
Not if you haven't gotten close enough to register the code duel yourself.

True and since Vader is huge it's a distance shot for sure, just look how small it is.

NeoRydia
Aug 9, 2012, 07:48 AM
Actually after looking closer at the boss itself. The image looks shopped to me.

Some of the edges on Vardha look completely off, and the top of the crane thing that that holds the main robot body of Vardha has an awkward hump on it. Not to mention Vardha himself looks very oddly proportioned and the color scheme looks iffy.

Also he sits on the ground oddly, especially the very front end doesn't even look like its touching the ground at all.

Looks more like someone just hand painted or poorly cut and pasted a Vardha into the picture to me.

Although I don't doubt he may be able to spawn in the desert, this picture doesn't seem to fit right at all to me.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 9, 2012, 08:39 AM
To put the topic to rest:

Yes, Vardha can spawn in free roam desert. How do I know? When you look up the enemy history data for the level, it lists Vardha. The game doesn't list enemies that can't spawn in a level/area.

On ship 4 Vardha spawns in desert are at 0.00% so far, probably because nobody likes playing desert and is so sick of it after grinding it from 25-30 that they never go back.

If you want to find it in desert, try assembling a 12 man multiparty and stay in a group and circle around area 2 trying to trigger it. A 12 man multiparty will have much higher odds of spawning it, as its probably a very rare spawn compared to most boss spawns.

Also it can be assumed that Vardha will only spawn in area 2 maps that have a large enough area to contain it, and if area 2 maps dont have such an area period, then it only spawns in area 1 (I forget the land formation layout differences in area 1 and 2 of desert)

So now you know.

Vashyron
Aug 9, 2012, 09:24 AM
Naah, I think people rather discuss how fishy the image looks rather then look in the quest counter themselves. :wacko:

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 9, 2012, 09:29 AM
Naah, I think people rather discuss how fishy the image looks rather then look in the quest counter themselves. :wacko:

Pretty much.

gigawuts
Aug 9, 2012, 10:01 AM
but like guys hackers hacked that list don'tcha know

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 9, 2012, 10:08 AM
Inb4 Sakai was za hackers all along

Just as pranned

jooozek
Aug 9, 2012, 10:16 AM
but like guys hackers hacked that list don'tcha know

You can poke fun at paranoid people all you want but the truth is it just might be possible for someone to spawn bosses. I mean, someone spammed what, all the techniques as a ranger, even those that aren't in the game.

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2012, 10:20 AM
even those that aren't in the game.They're in the client side game files though. Most of us are pretty sure enemy spawns are server sided. The "hackers" haven't done anything server sided as of yet.

jooozek
Aug 9, 2012, 10:21 AM
They're in the client side game files though. Most of us are pretty sure enemy spawns are server sided. The "hackers" haven't done anything server sided as of yet.

Pretty sure NPCs aren't client-side :yes:

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2012, 10:27 AM
Pretty sure NPCs aren't client-side :yes:That's a good point but I feel that if it were possible someone would have been more obstructive with it by now. But you'd be surprised what people can do client sided.

Alenoir
Aug 9, 2012, 10:27 AM
Pretty sure NPCs aren't client-side :yes:

The location of characters and monsters are apparently client-sided. Have you ever wondered why your friend was attacking the air, then the monster in front of you died and the drop for it popped up 10 cells off? Or your friend attacking the air, numbers come up, and no monsters are seen?

Those.

jooozek
Aug 9, 2012, 10:30 AM
That's a good point but I feel that if it were possible someone would have been more obstructive with it by now. But you'd be surprised what people can do client sided.

No, I wouldn't be surprised and that's why I'm saying that ignoring the possibility of someone getting handle of spawning bosses wouldn't surprise me at all.

kkow
Aug 9, 2012, 10:35 AM
bosses/miniboss are all server side though..

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2012, 10:35 AM
The location of characters and monsters are apparently client-sided. Have you ever wondered why your friend was attacking the air, then the monster in front of you died and the drop for it popped up 10 cells off? Or your friend attacking the air, numbers come up, and no monsters are seen?

Those.I would have brought this up but I'd be talking out my ass. There's also certain npcs that only you can see, based on where you are in the matter board.

No, I wouldn't be surprised and that's why I'm saying that ignoring the possibility of someone getting handle of spawning bosses wouldn't surprise me at all.It wouldn't surprise me either, but I feel that it would have become a much bigger deal by now.

Tenlade
Aug 9, 2012, 02:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Cww1ll.jpg
Its real

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/VWCNUl.jpg
took me like 10 runs through free desert but he shows up.

http://i.imgur.com/ACRSjl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eSVW7l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HAFSdl.jpg
always the best part, now with a good view.[/SPOILER-BOX]

anyway its a very rare chance to show up, and youre either really lucky on free desert or deliberately trying to find him.

kkow
Aug 9, 2012, 03:19 PM
what part of the map does he spawn on? well i know what im going to be doing going through lvl20 hell on my hunter.

Inazuma
Aug 9, 2012, 03:44 PM
Having random bosses show up is definitely one of the coolest things about this game.

Crysteon
Aug 9, 2012, 03:45 PM
Having random bosses show up is definitely one of the coolest things about this game.

Unless it's a Quartz Dragon in a reaaaally narrow area. It hurts...it huuuurts I tell you!

Angry_Ryudo
Aug 9, 2012, 03:54 PM
It'd be nice if Quartz Dragon could ascend from the heavens to assist the Vol Dragon. It'd be a beautiful unification between the upper class and lower class in order to thwart a common enemy - Stupid Humans, babby Newmans, Tin Can's, and Space bugs.

Descend, I guess. ^.^ But Vol Dragon + Quartz Dragon fight in caves should be another Code: (avoid), shouldn't it?

Clunker
Aug 9, 2012, 03:59 PM
Ok, now that BV's 'Wild Boss' status has been confirmed...
Who can provide pics or video of a Ragne-BV fight?

Hell, I'd pay good Meseta for that...

(I'd actually feel sorry for Ragne...)

Flame
Aug 9, 2012, 04:00 PM

totally. It was such a great decision on their part. I ran into three dark ranges the other day IN A ROW in free field desert. I'll definitely be going back there. Great spawn rates, great random encounters :)

IzzyData
Aug 9, 2012, 04:00 PM
I haven't seen this room again, but I could potentially see it happen here.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58437091/pso20120722_001751_001.jpg

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 9, 2012, 04:03 PM

This is actually the exact map it will show up in. Its a special map tailored to fit Vardha. Confirmed by players that have encountered him in other screenshots

Tenlade
Aug 9, 2012, 05:28 PM
Ok, now that BV's 'Wild Boss' status has been confirmed...
Who can provide pics or video of a Ragne-BV fight?

Hell, I'd pay good Meseta for that...

(I'd actually feel sorry for Ragne...)

Vahder spawns only in an area specifically designed for it, that has a chance of replacing the 2nd area in free roam desert . So unfortunately ragne on vahder battles aren't possible.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 9, 2012, 05:35 PM
Vahder spawns only in an area specifically designed for it, that has a chance of replacing the 2nd area in free roam desert . So unfortunately ragne on vahder battles aren't possible.

That room used to spawn 2 Ragnes

you never know

Ueno54
Aug 9, 2012, 05:45 PM

Totally agree. Reminds me of FFXI world bosses in a good way.

Hrith
Aug 9, 2012, 06:45 PM
Code: run for your lives, more like.

Lostbob117
Aug 9, 2012, 07:01 PM

That's the exact map he is on, Try making your minimap the circle instead of that show all thing.

Gama
Aug 9, 2012, 07:02 PM
dont think ragne would stand a chance , i mean those big old lazors would kill ragne pretty fast.

Seoxiwleto
Aug 9, 2012, 09:27 PM
Right, so it sounds like BV's been confirmed in free desert, both difficulties.

Do you have to have killed him before? My friends and I are mid 20s and wanna fight him early just for fun because the fight looks awesome. Is it possible?

Coatl
Aug 9, 2012, 10:11 PM
Right, so it sounds like BV's been confirmed in free desert, both difficulties.

Do you have to have killed him before? My friends and I are mid 20s and wanna fight him early just for fun because the fight looks awesome. Is it possible?

For you to trigger a boss spawn someone who has beaten a boss in their respective regions (Ragne in urban, Vader in mines) must step into the next [Letter]-[Number] block. So no, newbies who have never killed him before can't fight him without the help of someone who has.

Seoxiwleto
Aug 9, 2012, 10:22 PM
For you to trigger a boss spawn someone who has beaten a boss in their respective regions (Ragne in urban, Vader in mines) must step into the next [Letter]-[Number] block. So no, newbies who have never killed him before can't fight him without the help of someone who has.

Gotcha, thanks a ton!