PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 So i logged and got harrassed by non-JP friends..

Pogs
Aug 8, 2012, 11:23 PM
At risk of being yelled at :-?

Logged back in for a second session of PSO2 (Played earlier, no problems or grief after the patch). However the second time i logged in i got a few messages from non-Japanese friends on my list (Mostly Chinese / korean). English was sketchy but they told me that lots of their friends can no longer play. This came from three different people who im pretty sure don't know each other. Not sure if people have had similar experiences nor am i trying to spook anyone. But i figured it's something that needs asking. Obviously, we all know about the TOS edit on Sega JA's behalf, this isn't another one of those threads. Im posting because people are starting to tell me that friends are no longer able to log in and im curious as to whether or not any of you have had the same experience.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8gzztb2sV1qkcx9co1_400.jpg

There's one.

The "cheater" remark was aimed at me, because im still able to log in. Not to be confused with suggesting that "cheaters" were banned.

NeoRydia
Aug 8, 2012, 11:32 PM
IMO it just seems like someones playing a joke on you. I have yet to hear of anyone being banned.

People are probably just trying to cause pandemonium for amusement (you know like we always see on the forums).

Pogs
Aug 8, 2012, 11:38 PM
I'd agree usually but i've known and played with these people for a while..

Arika
Aug 8, 2012, 11:39 PM
As long as you not annoying JP enough for them to feel like report you then there won't be any issue.

edit: nvm, that, it seem you edit OP, well in this case, since they are also non-JP they can't report you also.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 8, 2012, 11:42 PM
And you call these people your friends...

Are they from Nice Korea or Naughty Korea?

Enforcer MKV
Aug 8, 2012, 11:43 PM
This is news to me. For the time being, take it with a grain of salt.

Well, that's my suggestion, anyway.

blace
Aug 8, 2012, 11:47 PM
I can imagine they're pinning whatever blame for a possible region lock on JP PSO2 on people that aren't from the region.

NeoRydia
Aug 8, 2012, 11:48 PM
Yeah i see your point Pogs. But why would your friends be harassing you and calling you a cheater for not being banned? Also if those Chinese and Korean friends of yours aren't living in Japan either, then they should also have been banned under their logic.

Well take it how you want. It won't really change anything anyways.

I just know that neither I nor any of the other non Japanese players I know have been banned yet.

TaigaUC
Aug 8, 2012, 11:53 PM
They could have been reading about the hysteria online and don't actually know if people got banned. There could also be people who assumed they were banned because they didn't bother to update or try logging in. They might even be assuming they're banned because the patch takes such a long time.

You're certain the "cheater" remark wasn't directed at the people who were banned? It seems strange to call you a "cheater" for NOT getting banned.

Pogs
Aug 9, 2012, 12:07 AM
They could have been reading about the hysteria online and don't actually know if people got banned. There could also be people who assumed they were banned because they didn't bother to update or try logging in. They might even be assuming they're banned because the patch takes such a long time.

You're certain the "cheater" remark wasn't directed at the people who were banned? It seems strange to call you a "cheater" for NOT getting banned.

It was in the context of sarcasm (i think, honestly you can never be too sure with broken English).

Hysteria is possible, i did spend some time questioning and correcting the whole "IP BAN" yelling - I've personally seen nothing official on it nor has anyone else to my knowledge, anywho, thought i'd ask.

Sidenote. Why are Catadranra (Or whatever, blue ones) drops broken?

Mystil
Aug 9, 2012, 07:10 AM
As long as you not annoying JP enough for them to feel like report you then there won't be any issue.

This right here.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 9, 2012, 07:14 AM
I heard from someone in my team that SEGA won't do any banning because alot of people got mad at SEGA for it even JP players appearntly. Gonna ask him for his source of proof next time I see him.

moorebounce
Aug 9, 2012, 07:18 AM
The only time I'll believe non-japanese players are being banned is the day I can no longer log on. Until then all those people saying non-japanese are being banned look stupid. Haven't you noticed the people saying people are getting banned aren't people who actually got banned.

Sakarisei
Aug 9, 2012, 08:11 AM
I would like seeing a topic which japanese people really want banning any foreinger in official JP PSO2 forums so... for modifying the ToS for kicking any foreigner is only possible for most japanese people who really don't want us in their servers...

DoubleCannon
Aug 9, 2012, 08:19 AM
OMG! Just in the news, 2541 people banned from playing outside of Japan!

Link here! :'(

[spoiler-box]http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/rickrolled.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Mizunos
Aug 9, 2012, 08:23 AM
There were a lot of angry tweets from japanese players going on yesterday, some of them said that it would be a bad move from sega, others said that they would be sad because there are foreigners on their team and they don't want Sega to ban them, etc

Ce'Nedra
Aug 9, 2012, 08:33 AM
There were a lot of angry tweets from japanese players going on yesterday, some of them said that it would be a bad move from sega, others said that they would be sad because there are foreigners on their team and they don't want Sega to ban them, etc

Sounds about the same what my team mate says. I like it how JP players acctually care for us here.

darkante
Aug 9, 2012, 08:35 AM
Ohh that is always something.

DARKWINGDARA
Aug 9, 2012, 08:50 AM
stumbled upon some guy who was running around in amduscia, threatening to report people in japanese.w
his name was russian-esque though. pretty sure i took a screenshot as well, just in case.

Kanivakil
Aug 9, 2012, 08:54 AM
Most likely children/ children minded "friends" playing a trick on you and it worked since you were so worried that you wanted this to be confirmed.

I think players should stop being concerned about this since the game will arrive eventually.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 9, 2012, 08:56 AM
I think players should stop being concerned about this since the game will arrive eventually.

There are lots of people who want to stay on the JP server because we dont want a PSU 2.0 in terms of updates. IIRC PSU PC/PS2 was like 2-3 years behind in content compared to the JP servers, stuff like that is what makes people stay away from the EU/US servers if possible.

Sakarisei
Aug 9, 2012, 09:30 AM
Well, but don't forget about people playing in NA/EU servers because language barriers. However, i don't know if japanese customers can change SEGA's ming although... of course, a false promise which i won't forget is... about global support...

jooozek
Aug 9, 2012, 09:32 AM
Well, but don't forget about people playing in NA/EU servers because language barriers. However, i don't know if japanese customers can change SEGA's ming although... of course, a false promise which i won't forget is... about global support...

Source of that promise? Never heard about this.

Bael
Aug 9, 2012, 10:18 AM
LOL, yup. I had many iterations of this happening to me.
ppl greifing. it's mostly the NA people.
it's really hard to meet good NA people.
I try to stay away from the English blocks as much as possible.
I've learned, If they can understand you they will grief you more.

so I just say to them. 馬鹿、日本は素晴らしいですから! or 沈黙、フール!
If not playing with my team, I have MUCH more fun playing with the JP PPL.

DoubleCannon
Aug 9, 2012, 10:37 AM
Wow i was waiting for someone to hate me for what I posted.. such a fail lol

Ryoma_cast
Aug 9, 2012, 10:40 AM
not sure why people freak out about their IP being banned, might be a hassle but there are japanese VPN's. with a quick google i found them ranging between 10-30 dollars a month, although there could be cheaper with a little deeper research. small price to pay for a free game ;)

Demon-
Aug 9, 2012, 11:19 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8gzztb2sV1qkcx9co1_400.jpg

There's one.

The "cheater" remark was aimed at me, because im still able to log in. Not to be confused with suggesting that "cheaters" were banned.
Maybe they were saying that there were people banned because of a cheater. Like how hackers move players outside the window.

kkow
Aug 9, 2012, 11:32 AM
maybe they aren't your friends

haven't heard of anyone getting banned so far

BahnKnakyu
Aug 9, 2012, 08:27 PM
maybe they aren't your friends

Dat's not nice. :wacko:

Kylie
Aug 9, 2012, 09:04 PM

Are they from Nice Korea or Naughty Korea?this bit of wittiness deserves to be quoted :lol:

PepperCat
Aug 9, 2012, 10:08 PM

North Korea is best Korea. XD

Keilyn
Aug 9, 2012, 10:38 PM
I know as a matter of conscience that SEGA itself isn't going around banning everything and everyone. If I wanted to Ban foreigners, I would simply IP Block by creating DENY *.* filter, and then add in ALLOW (first IP number).* into a large list. This is the common way one bans, by entire ISPs (using first and second numbers).

The second way, more effective to ban is the method that I use in my servers, which is to allow any connection to reach the server, then do a traceroute back to the connection source and if it identifies with any area outside the region specified, instant ban. In this way one can program strings and numbers like National ID numbers and countryNames against a small database to be more effective.

As far as Ive seen, Japanese rather get the most bang for their offers by forcing foreigners into the most expensive route for anything. However, when I see Japanese in servers the majority who typed in pariies "JP-ONLY" were actually players who desired for everyone to type in Japanese. I played with many JP-ONLY parties in PSU-JP and they were ok with me. Long conversations....

I get more who are curious, but then you deal with the two groups that are the greatest problems for both populations (Japanese and non-Japanese) which are ALPHA personalities who seem to throw their two cents away from the game. I never get in these games players telling me "Oh you're a foreigner, don't play our games." Instead I see them trolling in forumboards or other sites their feelings. I see the very same thing when Americans get mad at people for not typing everything in English in a foreign server.

I did that in a European server playing shooter games, I would come in with a Japanese friend living in the states, along with a polish friend. We would type in Japanese. Polish friend would type in Japanese, with a translation system to go from Polish to English to Japanese (English as a crossover language) outside of phrases she knew. We would play in EU servers and the response from people was always "Speak (insert my national language here) or die" along with ban threats and other BS.

If there were bans occuring left and right, I am sure there would be sites everywhere that would have screenshots of the ban-message and code associated with it as evidence. Of course that wouldn't do well for the Japanese. A lot of games exist that have region-wide IP blocks, but I don't know of many games that start with allowing all players to join a server, then a week or month later implmenting Region Bans, specially in games with in-app purchases.

Trust me. Being able to speak Japanese still gives me the entire "Baka Gaijin" treatment at times by some Japanese who act like only they exist on the face of the planet, but for the majority of the Japanese people I've spoken to in both, English and Japanese I have actually gotten far these days.

My advice is to simply play in your groups, have your fun in the groups. Rather than stay out each other's way, simply be polite. That actually helps anywhere. Patience is another thing. Americans know what tense and form a sentence is at the beginning. Japanese have to wait until the end of their sentence to get their tense and form, so yes....WAIT FOR THEM TO FINISH THEIR SENTENCES before inserting your two cents.

politeness goes a long way...

I came from a family and way of life growing up where at any table I sat at, even at my own parents table, in my own house, I always asked permission before I sat at the table or before being excused after a meal.

So yeah, slow down a bit...don't believe everything you hear or read....Pick up some friends and lend a hand...It goes very far. ^_^

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 9, 2012, 10:48 PM
Oh no... Keilyn's back.

Link1275
Aug 9, 2012, 10:57 PM
I know as a matter of conscience that SEGA itself isn't going around banning everything and everyone. If I wanted to Ban foreigners, I would simply IP Block by creating DENY *.* filter, and then add in ALLOW (first IP number).* into a large list. This is the common way one bans, by entire ISPs (using first and second numbers).

The second way, more effective to ban is the method that I use in my servers, which is to allow any connection to reach the server, then do a traceroute back to the connection source and if it identifies with any area outside the region specified, instant ban. In this way one can program strings and numbers like National ID numbers and countryNames against a small database to be more effective.

As far as Ive seen, Japanese rather get the most bang for their offers by forcing foreigners into the most expensive route for anything. However, when I see Japanese in servers the majority who typed in pariies "JP-ONLY" were actually players who desired for everyone to type in Japanese. I played with many JP-ONLY parties in PSU-JP and they were ok with me. Long conversations....

I get more who are curious, but then you deal with the two groups that are the greatest problems for both populations (Japanese and non-Japanese) which are ALPHA personalities who seem to throw their two cents away from the game. I never get in these games players telling me "Oh you're a foreigner, don't play our games." Instead I see them trolling in forumboards or other sites their feelings. I see the very same thing when Americans get mad at people for not typing everything in English in a foreign server.

I did that in a European server playing shooter games, I would come in with a Japanese friend living in the states, along with a polish friend. We would type in Japanese. Polish friend would type in Japanese, with a translation system to go from Polish to English to Japanese (English as a crossover language) outside of phrases she knew. We would play in EU servers and the response from people was always "Speak (insert my national language here) or die" along with ban threats and other BS.

If there were bans occuring left and right, I am sure there would be sites everywhere that would have screenshots of the ban-message and code associated with it as evidence. Of course that wouldn't do well for the Japanese. A lot of games exist that have region-wide IP blocks, but I don't know of many games that start with allowing all players to join a server, then a week or month later implmenting Region Bans, specially in games with in-app purchases.

Trust me. Being able to speak Japanese still gives me the entire "Baka Gaijin" treatment at times by some Japanese who act like only they exist on the face of the planet, but for the majority of the Japanese people I've spoken to in both, English and Japanese I have actually gotten far these days.

My advice is to simply play in your groups, have your fun in the groups. Rather than stay out each other's way, simply be polite. That actually helps anywhere. Patience is another thing. Americans know what tense and form a sentence is at the beginning. Japanese have to wait until the end of their sentence to get their tense and form, so yes....WAIT FOR THEM TO FINISH THEIR SENTENCES before inserting your two cents.

politeness goes a long way...

I came from a family and way of life growing up where at any table I sat at, even at my own parents table, in my own house, I always asked permission before I sat at the table or before being excused after a meal.

So yeah, slow down a bit...don't believe everything you hear or read....Pick up some friends and lend a hand...It goes very far. ^_^
BIG WALL OF TEXT. OO

Acel
Aug 10, 2012, 05:01 AM
That is so weird. Ive never had any japanese call me a gaijin or bakagaijin ever.
In fact they always say Im funny and would like to visit me sometime. Could it be the stuff you say?
To be honest, I think just being polite isnt enough, but the humility of oneself when speaking to another person in their own "territory" must be observed...

1. Even if you can understand them perfectly all the time, dont be a smartass. Ever.
2. Always be ready to say silly anime phrases and "fumble" once in a while. Nobody likes a dull Mr Perfect on their team.
3. Not telling you to be pretentious but being a "western douchey" with attitude doesnt help in the east. Be that one willing to run the extra mile to turn on the switch or shout out the Emergency locations. People like these are always welcome in all games.

Just my 2 yen.

WorldlyCosmonaut
Aug 10, 2012, 09:24 AM

Haha! Naughty or nice. That's a good one.