PDA

View Full Version : Any secret to beating Vol Dragon?

CultOfPersonality
Aug 8, 2012, 11:34 PM
i'm only 15.. and I'm attempting the free quest. Everything has been relatively normal so far but Vol Dragon rapes face. Which is indeed a good thing. But for sake of winning, what's the weak point? Haven't noticed a decent spot to stand in this one.

What level should I be attempting the solo client order run?

Macman
Aug 8, 2012, 11:35 PM
Hit his horn. When he gains armor, go for the tail crystal.

RogueA
Aug 8, 2012, 11:35 PM
His orb on his tail is his main weak point. You break that and he'll drop over, neutralizing his armor, allowing you to attack his horn on his head and back.

LK1721
Aug 8, 2012, 11:36 PM
What class are you, first of all? As for level, it all depends on your luck and efficiency. If you don't get to many codes you might be able to solo it still if you fill your party with NPC buddies.

EDIT:

Hunter: Smash at his tail and horns.
Ranger: Use Weak Bullet on his weakpoints (Tail/horns)
Force: Freeze his feet and focus on weakpoints.

Dan Maku
Aug 8, 2012, 11:36 PM
Focus on the spiked bobble on its tail. If you break it, it will stun the dragon long enough for you to crawl up its wing and hit the horn on its back. Then, while its getting a new bobble, you can hit the horn on its snout.

TaigaUC
Aug 8, 2012, 11:49 PM
Yes, the tail is the best weak point because it gives you time to attack the horns.
If you want to play it really safe you can just strafe and shoot until you win, but it's very boring and slow. Stand underneath to avoid the giant fireball.

By the way, solo client orders can be done with other people, but not other NPCs.

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2012, 11:52 PM
Protip: The more armor he has when you break his tail the longer he gets stunned. I want to stress that the tail it's self isn't a weak point until it actually breaks, otherwise it takes about as much damage as the rest of him.

Also, if you have a Force in your party have them aim barta at his feet, this can get him to stay still for a moment and can actually cancel some of the things he does, like trying to fix his tail, and forcing him to start over.

I personally aim for his horns first and don't go for the tail until he starts putting on his armor.

EDIT: Solo client order? There aren't any solo client orders. The timed ones you can do in a party, and the npc ones you can still bring other for, just not other npcs.

Omisan
Aug 9, 2012, 01:07 AM
What PA do you use as a hunter on this boss?

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2012, 01:15 AM
What PA do you use as a hunter on this boss?With a sword I personally tend to use Rising Edge, and twister fall. If you position your self around between his neck and shoulders then you can hit his back spike. Or with a partisan I use Trick Rave, as it's AoE is high enough to hit his horn and back spike from the ground.

EDIT: The usual Sonic Aero and Speed Rain can work too, but that's not usually how I do it. :P

Garnet_Moon
Aug 9, 2012, 01:19 AM
Gunslash the tail armor, then use a Sword or Partizan on the horns.

Also, the "Only with X NPC" require only the named NPC in your party, and no other NPCs. You can fill the other 2 slots with real people and still get credit.

The only solo missions are story(which sucks. big surprise there.).

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2012, 01:21 AM
Gunslash the tail armor.
I forgot about this. This is a good strategy especially with Aimed Shot.

Ana-Chan
Aug 9, 2012, 02:12 AM
The biggest thing that helps is learning its attack patterns. You can avoid a lot of damage by just knowing what it will do. It lets out all different kinds of noises and it does some really obvious buildup to attacks.

GrieverXVII
Aug 9, 2012, 03:04 AM
I just uploaded this a few days ago, but this could help if you're rolling a two man team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RamtSxbCAk

just go for the tail, then stun lock him till he's dead lol. but at level 15 idk if you'll be able to do that just yet.

KrankItVZ
Aug 9, 2012, 03:22 AM
Key to success is patience. Take your time. Unless it is the time attack run to unlock for koffee. Then get into a party