PDA

View Full Version : What's the best PA for Partizan?

CultOfPersonality
Aug 9, 2012, 02:51 AM
What's the best partizan PA for regular parties and bosses?

Fox2Tails
Aug 9, 2012, 02:52 AM
All of them

Ana-Chan
Aug 9, 2012, 03:05 AM
What's the best partizan PA for regular parties and bosses?

If I was being facetious, then I would be mentioning how trick rave is best for ranged enemies and the one with the highest attack power is the best.
But what are you really looking for? "Best" is so subjective and situational that you will probably get lots of different answers and quite possibly ignite another flame war.
If you want my suggestion, take your time in trying to use them all. Figure out how they can be applied and then determine what suits your need from there. When I play hunter, what I normally have on my partisans is slide shaker, speed rain and trick rave, yet raising flag has the bonus of throwing enemies into the air, so is that really something other than "best"?

Ce'Nedra
Aug 9, 2012, 03:06 AM
I use Speed Rain + Slide Shaker + Trick Rave, can't find a better combo to my liking so far though Slide Shaker can be replaced the easiest for me.

Hrith
Aug 9, 2012, 06:21 AM
What's good about Trick Rave?

Speed Rain is the obvious best PA, it destroys everything in any situation. Slide Shaker is also good.
Pick-up Throw has good one-on-one damage output and can grab enemies.

Dinosaur
Aug 9, 2012, 06:22 AM
Speed Rain for AoE

Aerial Bandersnatch for DPS

Trick Rave because the name says it all.

CelestialBlade
Aug 9, 2012, 06:45 AM
All situational. My setup is Speed Rain, Trick Rave, and Flag Rising. Speed Rain is pretty obvious, Trick Rave does great damage once you realize it's a cylinder AoE attack and not PBAoE, and Flag Rising doesn't do a ton of damage but it's a *great* set-up move. My usual combo involves Step Attack > Flag Rising > Speed Rain > Trick Rave for normal mobs. Flag Rising can knock up a whole group, Speed Rain keeps them juggled while doing nice damage, and if necessary Trick Rave can finish them off.

For bosses I'm all about the Speed Rain. Keep a little distance and let loose on weak points. My only issue is that you can't guard-cancel out of it, but I mostly dodge anyway.

Slide Shaker is a really great PA, but with my other AoEs I thought it was best to replace it. Peak Throw is extremely strong as a single-target PA but I prefer Trick Rave on single targets because it hits 6 times and should equal the damage Throw does anyway, from my own testing. Bandersnatch is good if you want to play it safe.

The Walrus
Aug 9, 2012, 10:22 AM
I always use Speed Rain on a Speed Rain Spamming Device personally

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2012, 10:25 AM
What's good about Trick Rave?

The giant vertical AoE that prioritizes weakpoints.

Zyrusticae
Aug 9, 2012, 10:34 AM
I run with Rising Flag, Zenith Throw, and Bandersnatch most of the time. Mostly because it just looks really badass to toss an enemy into the air, three-hit-combo-and-throw them, and then follow up with three more hits and a defensive backstep.

Not so great for bosses, though, so I switch out Zenith Throw for either Trick Rave or Speed Rain. I never use Slide Shaker. Why? It's slow. Does less damage than speed rain, ticks less often. Yeah, it's a nice PBAoE, but that's about it. Also, it's boring. Well, Speed Rain is also boring, hence why I only use it for bosses...

Ana-Chan
Aug 9, 2012, 10:41 AM
Out of curiosity, where did you get Zenith Throw from? ピークアップスロー is Pick Up Throw. Or do you think that Zenith sounds cooler?

CelestialBlade
Aug 9, 2012, 10:52 AM
I just saw it on a PSO2 wiki once, I don't know no moonspeak :lol:

I usually just call it Stabbytoss.

The Walrus
Aug 9, 2012, 11:01 AM
Out of curiosity, where did you get Zenith Throw from? ピークアップスロー is Pick Up Throw. Or do you think that Zenith sounds cooler?

It's what people have been calling it for the longest time, and cause that's what the Eng patch has it called.

Ana-Chan
Aug 9, 2012, 11:04 AM
It's what people have been calling it for the longest time, and cause that's what the Eng patch has it called.

Interesting.

Asakust
Aug 9, 2012, 11:36 AM
ピーク is 'the peak' or just 'peak' iirc.

So I guess they used Zenith instead of Peak so it doesn't sound as boring.

Demon-
Aug 9, 2012, 11:43 AM
99% of the time people use Speed Rain. It's like the Majarra of PSO2.

Crysteon
Aug 9, 2012, 11:47 AM
Speed Rain + Trick Rave....using anything different than that means you automatically dont care about decent DPS

Asakust
Aug 9, 2012, 11:48 AM
Speed Rain and Trick Rave.

All day.

CultOfPersonality
Aug 9, 2012, 12:04 PM
Don't even have Trick Wave and I'm 18 or so I'll check it out. Just got Speed Rain and it was epic.

Crysteon
Aug 9, 2012, 12:05 PM
TR should be really cheap by now in Shops.

Ana-Chan
Aug 9, 2012, 12:29 PM
ピーク is 'the peak' or just 'peak' iirc.

So I guess they used Zenith instead of Peak so it doesn't sound as boring.

Thats the problem, the Japanese phonetic system doesn't have a sound to exactly match the pi in pick up throw. So usually they go for the closest sound to it. Of course, if you do look in a dictionary you just get peak for it, but that doesn't mean much. This is why you get some amazing garbled mess that can be tough for even English speakers to figure out what the original word is.
It is well known that i goes to イ in Japanese. For example, pin, this is ピン. It is also well known that two different words in English can get the same spelling in Japanese, for example カール can be either call or curl. So context is much more important.

Asakust
Aug 9, 2012, 01:20 PM
Yup, but what can you do.

Pick Up Throw
Peak Throw
Zenith Throw

All the same either way so long as people can figure out what skill it is. Maybe it's time to just use the icon.

Zorafim
Aug 9, 2012, 01:54 PM
You should figure out what you like by yourself. After you test everything is when you should see what everyone else likes, and see why their opinion differs from yours.

That being said, I do have three favorite PAs that I never unequip. However, I still don't know the name of anything in this game, so I'll use my names instead. My set up is spinny slashes > spammy slash > twirly jump. I use spinny slash JA'd after a step attack when in the middle of a group, especially after I have some gears charged up. For most DpS situations, I change between spammy slash and twirly jump to keep things fresh. But I'll use spammy slash for groups or range over twirly jump. Twirly is good for single enemies you want to stun though.

TheAstarion
Aug 9, 2012, 06:27 PM
Trick Rave can also recharge Gear before giving you your next JA window, as long as you don't try to move during the animation, so I use that ad infinitum. I personally enjoy it the best for style and rule of cool, as well as the Gear synergy.

Speed Rain against groups, though. I wouldn't use it without Gear active, but since this is by far the easiest Gear to get up and running, that's no real disadvantage.

Zenobia
Aug 9, 2012, 06:32 PM
Speed rain+speed rain+speed rain=mobs dead just the way i like it yup!

Enforcer MKV
Aug 9, 2012, 06:34 PM
Just try out all the PAs as you get them, there is no 'best' PA for any weapon if you ask me, despite the cries of "SPEED RAIN!" going about.

Me personally? I go with the AOE move where you swing the entire weapon around you like a madman. :D

FlameOfYagami
Aug 9, 2012, 06:41 PM
Just try out all the PAs as you get them, there is no 'best' PA for any weapon if you ask me, despite the cries of "SPEED RAIN!" going about.

Me personally? I go with the AOE move where you swing the entire weapon around you like a madman. :D

People use speed rain for a reason. It's one of the best (or if not THE BEST spear pa).

It's easy to use, does great damage, has nice range, can control mobs well etc etc.

supersonix9
Aug 9, 2012, 06:41 PM
Speed Rain is your friend, sir.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 9, 2012, 06:46 PM
All 3 slots should be Rising Flag, granted you have Spear Gear.

Zenobia
Aug 9, 2012, 06:53 PM

What are u kidding me Speed Rain wipes the field clean and is quite an aoe itself u cant be srs O.o.

IndigoNovember
Aug 9, 2012, 06:54 PM
All 3 slots should be Rising Flag, granted you have Spear Gear.

Interesting, I know the range on Rising Flag gets really big with Partizan Gear, but what makes you recommend using it for all 3? No offense meant, just really curious.

Zenobia
Aug 9, 2012, 06:56 PM
Interesting, I know the range on Rising Flag gets really big with Partizan Gear, but what makes you recommend using it for all 3? No offense meant, just really curious.

Seconded im highly intrested in this never heard this one before.

Silver Crow
Aug 9, 2012, 07:10 PM
the best PA's are the ones you enjoy using. i personally hate speed rain and slideshaker, they are so boring to use. in the end this is a game. i enjoy using: Trick Rave, Bandersnatch + Rising Flag. If anything i'd replace Trick Rave but that leaves that throw PA which cant be used on bosses. So i'm sticking with this combo.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 9, 2012, 07:12 PM

Seconded im highly intrested in this never heard this one before.

It's fun, like spamming the stun slap with Sword

IndigoNovember
Aug 9, 2012, 07:16 PM

XD indeed it is.

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2012, 07:20 PM

I would agree if it weren't for the fact that I always miss with it if I'm too close. D:

My favorite combo for normal single enemies is Zenith Throw, Rising Flag, Bandersnatch. They work well togeather.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 9, 2012, 07:21 PM
Zenith Throw

You too?
qq

Zenobia
Aug 9, 2012, 07:22 PM

LOL i remeber my low lvl days with stun conssiou lol combo combo stun yeah always interrupting there move was alwasy good

Zenobia
Aug 9, 2012, 07:25 PM
the best PA's are the ones you enjoy using. i personally hate speed rain and slideshaker, they are so boring to use. in the end this is a game. i enjoy using: Trick Rave, Bandersnatch + Rising Flag. If anything i'd replace Trick Rave but that leaves that throw PA which cant be used on bosses. So i'm sticking with this combo.

Your right but i never did like slide shaker for the simple fact lets say for a boss for example you used but he suddenly does a move that makes u have to move yeah u cant get ur whole animation out therefore the whole moves total damage output is halted.

Its why i like speed rain u can use it from a safe distance and it has a nice range and the spear has the quickest cancel in the game also a + but to each there own.

10011408V3.9
Aug 9, 2012, 07:30 PM
Highly dependent on what you're fighting really.

Unlike sword, one cannot guard-cancel out of a ground-based partisan PA (you can in air though).

Speed Rain is good AoE (as numerous others have stated) but it's stiff and requires a minimum distance away from certain enemies and maybe correct position as well to get the best effect (example: Micdas). It's range and rapid-fire nature can also prove a liability against certain mobs that can guard as it will knock you out of the entire combo (example: Ga Wonda and Sil Dinian/sa).

Trick Rave is, overall, a good PA but it's a bit on the long side to fully execute so it can leave you open.

I don't really like Zenith/Pickup Throw as the most dangerous mobs are the ones immune to the limited CC that it provides on top of it's own short range.

Side Shaker is situational. That's it, it's good for AoEing packs in a full-360 but usually you can position yourself also for Speed Rain and, due to Speed Rain's straight-line nature, that makes it more intuitive. Though, Side Shaker does have the advantage of providing a knockdown at the end if it's done all the way, but that doesn't happen as nearly as much as I'd like. Suggestion is to use Side Shaker in the air as you can do a little movement while you're whirling so it might make sense as a good anti-air move along with Trick Rave.

I'm a fan of Rising Flag and Bandersnatch in combination as you can time the bandersnatch after knocking the target into the to slap them with all 3 hits. Both of them are also fairly quick to execute compared to the other PAs.

Silver Crow
Aug 9, 2012, 08:20 PM
Highly dependent on what you're fighting really.

Unlike sword, one cannot guard-cancel out of a ground-based partisan PA (you can in air though).

Speed Rain is good AoE (as numerous others have stated) but it's stiff and requires a minimum distance away from certain enemies and maybe correct position as well to get the best effect (example: Micdas). It's range and rapid-fire nature can also prove a liability against certain mobs that can guard as it will knock you out of the entire combo (example: Ga Wonda and Sil Dinian/sa).

Trick Rave is, overall, a good PA but it's a bit on the long side to fully execute so it can leave you open.

I don't really like Zenith/Pickup Throw as the most dangerous mobs are the ones immune to the limited CC that it provides on top of it's own short range.

Side Shaker is situational. That's it, it's good for AoEing packs in a full-360 but usually you can position yourself also for Speed Rain and, due to Speed Rain's straight-line nature, that makes it more intuitive. Though, Side Shaker does have the advantage of providing a knockdown at the end if it's done all the way, but that doesn't happen as nearly as much as I'd like. Suggestion is to use Side Shaker in the air as you can do a little movement while you're whirling so it might make sense as a good anti-air move along with Trick Rave.

I'm a fan of Rising Flag and Bandersnatch in combination as you can time the bandersnatch after knocking the target into the to slap them with all 3 hits. Both of them are also fairly quick to execute compared to the other PAs.

I'm actually thinking of only having these 2 abilities on the palette. Not sure which order yet... Maybe Rising Flag > Bandersnatch > Rising Flag. This allows for ground combo Bandersnatch > Rising Flag and the air combo Rising Flag > Bandersnatch.

I really think the Partisan is PP thirsty so having 2 low-cost abilities may end up actually increasing your dps. though in the end i dont care about dps, i just like to have fun :)

edit: speaking of the weapon palette does anyone know how to only have 2 abilities on? I know i can put a repeat of the ability but i always want Rising Flag > Bandersnatch. If i put Rising Flag > Bandersnatch > Rising Flag on the pallet then at the end of the combo i'd have Rising Flag>Bandersnatch>Rising Flag> Rising Flag > Bandersnatch. is there a way to keep it as Rising Flag > Bandersnatch? God i feel like im not making sense here, hope someone understands :<

Zenobia
Aug 9, 2012, 09:14 PM
I'm actually thinking of only having these 2 abilities on the palette. Not sure which order yet... Maybe Rising Flag > Bandersnatch > Rising Flag. This allows for ground combo Bandersnatch > Rising Flag and the air combo Rising Flag > Bandersnatch.

I really think the Partisan is PP thirsty so having 2 low-cost abilities may end up actually increasing your dps. though in the end i dont care about dps, i just like to have fun :)

edit: speaking of the weapon palette does anyone know how to only have 2 abilities on? I know i can put a repeat of the ability but i always want Rising Flag > Bandersnatch. If i put Rising Flag > Bandersnatch > Rising Flag on the pallet then at the end of the combo i'd have Rising Flag>Bandersnatch>Rising Flag> Rising Flag > Bandersnatch. is there a way to keep it as Rising Flag > Bandersnatch? God i feel like im not making sense here, hope someone understands :<

Wait so you just want Rising flag and bander snatch only o.o

Kylie
Aug 9, 2012, 09:27 PM
I note that Speed Rain is the best PA for partisan, damage-wise, but I personally like Slide Shaker for functionality and Zenith Throw for flare.

Yaski
Sep 7, 2012, 05:28 AM
I got 2 pallets for partizan. One for pure speed rain and another for pure slide shaker. interesting eh. pure speed rain seems to be the best dps and it has a pretty big ass range. slide shaker is just for when you catch yourself surrounded

Mystil
Sep 7, 2012, 06:04 PM
Depends on the mob. So it's hard to say for me at least

Stormwalker
Sep 7, 2012, 07:46 PM
Partisan pallets I have used:

1). Speed Rain->Speed Rain->Speed Rain - for certain bosses, or MPA, or speed runs, when I am less concerned about style than just mowing everything down.

2). Trick Rave -> Bandersnatch -> Bandersnatch - for certain other bosses. No, I am not actually comboing Trick Rave into Bandersnatch, I just do single Just Trick Raves (off of step attack, of course) against bosses like Vol Dragon. Putting Bandersnatch on the other two gives me a pallet where I can do Step Attack -> Just Attack -> Bandersnatch -> Bandersnatch, which has its uses as the PP cost is low and it's fairly quick, and if something doesn't die I can finish it with Trick Rave.

3). Zenith Throw -> Speed Rain -> Zenith Throw - this is my Breeahda/Garongo/El Ahre button. For things that you need to keep knocked down constantly so they don't get really annoying.

4). Slide Shaker -> Zenith Throw -> Slide Shaker - for when I get tired of spamming Speed Rain and need some AoE.

I've experimented with other combinations, but these are the ones I keep coming back to.

LordChampion
Sep 7, 2012, 08:20 PM
I really like the Trick Rave > Speed Rain > Slide Shaker setup. Handles a lot of different situations very nicely. Sometimes I'll replace Slide Shaker with Zenith Throw, especially in the Desert to keep robot spiders from shooting and completely dominate El Adhas because they can't handle that ZT shit: bonk, bonk, ZT, bonk, bonk, ZT, repeat until dead.

Trick Rave is also awesome because it charges gear and seems to aim at weakpoints.

Also jump cancelling Slide Shaker into a block is great in a lot of situations.

Neith
Sep 8, 2012, 08:26 AM
Speed Rain, all day every day.

I use Pickup Throw, Speed Rain and Slide Shaker. I've never been a fan of Trick Rave at all and I personally don't think Rising Flag and Bandersnatch are worth using (Bandersnatch in particular is an awful PA).

I honestly think Speed Rain will end up getting nerfed though because of how good it is (as was the way with PSU Majarra etc) but even with a nerf I think it'll be a solid PA. Being able to hit Ragne's weak point without knocking him down is great.

Sidenote, not sure why the English Patch called Pick-Up Throw 'Zenith' throw. I can only assume they mistranslated it as 'peak', but surely reading 'peak-up' would hint towards pickup being the correct name.

Coatl
Sep 8, 2012, 08:35 AM
I use all the PAs.
Using the same PAs over and over get tedious.

FlameOfYagami
Sep 8, 2012, 10:14 AM
I use all the PAs.
Using the same PAs over and over get tedious.

No =P

I love how people are like "oh it's all about the situation you are in..."

That's ****ing bs right there. xDDD

Speed rain pretty much does it all. Speed Rain, Speed Rain Trick Rave is my setup.

Seriously I have not come to a point were i'm like "Oh speed rain doesn't work here..."

Gen2000
Sep 8, 2012, 04:33 PM
Speed Rain, Speed Rain....is it dead yet? No? Speed Rain.

Yeah...I tried to be fancy and used some other Spear PAs but Speed Rain is just too flexible (read: too good) at the moment. I was fond of Slider Shaker during lower level days but when I got Speed Rain that was pretty much a wrap in PA rotation creativity.

The only other PA I didn't feel awkward not using Speed Rain was Trick Rave mainly because of its vertical hitbox priority which is very useful on certain enemies and bosses.

jooozek
Sep 8, 2012, 05:05 PM
Speed Rain, Speed Rain, oh, what's this? Speed Hail?! Gotta love that Freeze.

Gama
Sep 8, 2012, 05:10 PM
speed rain, the other one tht u just pierce several times then trow, and then the trow spin one.

not that good with pa names.

the best pa is the one tht you like. simple. make a combination tht is good for your play style.

Skyly HUmar
Sep 9, 2012, 10:18 PM
Trick rave does the most overall dammage, and speed rain has the highest AoE. Depending on how you like to play one of those two.

Courina
Sep 9, 2012, 11:08 PM
my partisan PA order is Speed Rain > Trick Rave > Slide Shaker

how im use them :
Speed Rain for quick slashing... im admit it most useful so i put it at first slot...ussualy used for hit something far with gear meter consumed, mostly things that move fast ...
Trick Rave mainly for breaking single target , mostly used for target that doesnt move alot like Darker Dome in EC rescue or Destruction Embryo... or often Kartagot... not much used due situational...
Slide Shaker for fending off small mobs if surrounded, with or without gear meter... most useful for grunt cleaning...

Mystil
Sep 10, 2012, 01:27 AM
No =P

I love how people are like "oh it's all about the situation you are in..."

That's ****ing bs right there. xDDD

Speed rain pretty much does it all. Speed Rain, Speed Rain Trick Rave is my setup.

Seriously I have not come to a point were i'm like "Oh speed rain doesn't work here..."

Oh you're cute. Thinking Speed Rain does it all. I like that.

You are the best hunter in the game. I commend you for your efforts in providing great insight on the usage of this ever so fantastic all purpose virtual swiss army knife. For our aspiring fellow asskickers out there. Please keep it up. :)

Seriously though that was cute. LOL

All sarcasm aside, Speed Rain isn't a good choice all the time. Ga Wondas for one thing laugh at it. Trick Rave is best for those.

blace
Sep 10, 2012, 01:33 AM
If this is still going, my setup for partisans is Speed Rain, Rising Flag and Trick Rave. Decent damage output as well as being a bit all around.

Hit them from a distance, close that distance with an upper attack and finish them while they're in the air. It uses up quite a bit of PP, so any extra PP boosts help.

Laxedrane
Sep 10, 2012, 04:05 AM
I personally use Side shaker->Speed Rain-> Impulse dri- err I mean Raising Flag. I got Trick Rave very late in the game and found it rather annoying to use. At the very least the mobs in the desert just love moving out of the way before the final hit lands for me. Maybe I'll give it another shot for bosses.

Also just an FYI in general to everyone esle(Since I seen at least once person mention it) Low level PAs are stupidly over priced, at least on ship 10. Especially the more popular ones, like Trick rave and speed ran for partisan.

This should change after Tuesday though.(So long as to many people don't use high level classes to buzz through all their lower levels with client orders.)

Great Pan
Sep 10, 2012, 04:32 AM
As for me...

Set1 - [Speed Rain]*3 For shredding bosses
Set2 - [Slide Shaker] [Trick Rave] [Rising Flag] For sweeping mobs

Skyly HUmar
Sep 10, 2012, 12:08 PM
Oh you're cute. Thinking Speed Rain does it all. I like that.

You are the best hunter in the game. I commend you for your efforts in providing great insight on the usage of this ever so fantastic all purpose virtual swiss army knife. For our aspiring fellow asskickers out there. Please keep it up. :)

Seriously though that was cute. LOL

All sarcasm aside, Speed Rain isn't a good choice all the time. Ga Wondas for one thing laugh at it. Trick Rave is best for those.

LOL I love watching people speed rain vol dragon trying to break his horns, all they end up doing is killing it before the horns break.

Crimson Exile
Sep 10, 2012, 12:18 PM
Bandersnatch, Trick Rave, and Speed Rain nuff said