PDA

View Full Version : Whats so bad about Ship 2?

Jakosifer
Aug 9, 2012, 12:01 PM
I've pretty much officially moved there from Ship 1 since Ship 1 character pretty much has nothing else to do. Anyway, from the way people badmouth the Ship as a whole, I thought I was jumping into hellfire or something. Nope, everyone I've met, JP or otherwise, have been fairly cool. Haven't run into any "hackers" (we know what they really are) or anyone really stupid yet. So really, does the hate pretty much come solely from what goes on in Block 20/21/22?

Don't think an entire Ship should get hate over a Block or two with a minority of dix. Then again, the hate is probably just people wanting to get on a high horse about something, and using that as an excuse.

Arika
Aug 9, 2012, 12:04 PM
So really, does the hate pretty much come solely from what goes on in Block 20/21/22?

I think when ppl mention ship-2, they think of lobby-20 first, because that is there most westerner are.

But yes, the ship is good anyway, and there are english speaker spread everywhere, not just lobby-20. Actually lately most ppl I know aren't playing there anymore.

CelestialBlade
Aug 9, 2012, 12:06 PM
Nothing's bad about Ship 2. Haters gonna hate.

jooozek
Aug 9, 2012, 12:09 PM
Block 20 is fine too, it's just that people sit in block 20 so it gets more ears when some stuff gets pulled off but yeah, this happens everywhere, hurf.

FerrPSO
Aug 9, 2012, 12:41 PM
Ship 2 is good, nothing wrong with it.

Block 20 can be good too, when theres no hackers or dick symbol art spammers.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 9, 2012, 12:45 PM
nothing is wrong with block 20

Till someone post symbol art of a ladies unmentionables.
Which seems to happen a lot.

mhjc
Aug 9, 2012, 12:53 PM
Most of the hate for Ship2, comes from other ships, like 9, 10, 6, or any other ship. The hate for block 20 is just thrown in there. I hate being in block 20 though, you rarely meet anyone nice there. I just have a few friends I've already made there that prefer it there, and that's fine. I just wander around other blocks like party JP blocks and mess about there or farm elsewhere.

You are probably right about some being on a high horse when it comes to hating ship2 & block 20 though.

Daemyn
Aug 9, 2012, 01:00 PM
block 20 is actually quite a lot tamer now than what it was before on ship 2.

Never had much issues from them other than avoiding being moved into space and seeing unwanted things.

Jakosifer
Aug 9, 2012, 01:27 PM
Right.
In my time on Ship 1 I saw quite a few folks saying things like "Dont go to Ship 2, its a terrible place", but I've been having fun, despite having lost all my friends lol. It's a lot more diverse too. Granted, I haven't been to the Anglish blox yet at all, mostly because I'm trying to just stay in my level range at the moment.

It does just seem to be a big case of haters gon' hate. I wonder if putting that clause back into the ToS calmed down a lot of the crazy spam cats at least a little bit though.

I am curious as to how the haters would respond though.

Alia
Aug 9, 2012, 01:33 PM
During the day, Shp2/B20 is actually nice and quiet. It only gets hectic after everyone gets off of work/out of school. :P

Marly
Aug 9, 2012, 01:34 PM
The hackers aren't too bad. The community is.

DemonMike
Aug 9, 2012, 01:47 PM
The hackers aren't too bad. The community is.

Agreed, to an extent.

I'm on Ship 2, and I like it a lot. I get the best of both worlds, access to play with the majority of you guys and a decent mix of Japanese people who are more than happy to play with a gaijin practising his Japanese.

But, the high concentration of retards is astonishing. Me and a Japanese player had a good laugh in Block 20 straight after the maintenance ended, lots of cursing and racism ensued considering the change in ToS and a return to the old days of spood feeding and begging because the English platch stopped working temporarily.

Block 20 is a life saver when it comes to emergency quests, but every other time it just seems to be full of undesirables.

Jakosifer
Aug 9, 2012, 01:51 PM
Hmm, for the Emergency quests I usually go to the highest filled level designation block. Always end up in a 12/12. Am scared to go to Anglish blox but will probably try it out today if I get bored enough. Would like to party up some more with Anglish folks, cuz I already met a few pretty nice JP folks who friended me because I was goofing off everytime we would kill a group of enemies by dancing or blowing kisses everywhere. I know some folks prefer to always be serious though. Eh.

sugarFO
Aug 9, 2012, 02:00 PM
I like Ship 2 because I have friends to chat with during offtime of farming or whatever. If I'm doing serious farming, I don't chat much so I play with the JPs. I'll help friends sometimes and chat though. It's nice to have that mix of options.

ShinMaruku
Aug 9, 2012, 02:02 PM
What's wrong with ship 2 and block 20? It's popular and when something is popular it grabs a lot of people and since most people are idiots it's packed with idiots. It has some fine folks aside from the afk lobby rats trying to be like stream monsters. If you actually play the game and limit lobby time you can have a good time. That said the lobby rates are very stupid.

Dammy
Aug 9, 2012, 02:34 PM
few days ago when i was loading i saw like 30 system messages in a second when i pop up.
guess a block i have appeared in?
its not only about "hackers" but about infinite spam too

block 20 isnt good, avoid it like a plague

HiOc
Aug 9, 2012, 02:53 PM
I try to stay away from block 20. The last time I went there, someone modified my speed.

Inazuma
Aug 9, 2012, 03:01 PM
Ship 2 has the most gaijin players, therefore the most problems. However, once the English version comes out, the shitty players will move to it, leaving most of the good English players behind. I'm looking forward to having a nice, small English community on Ship 2 when that happens.

MAXrobo
Aug 9, 2012, 03:09 PM
Iv never had any problems in block 20/21 at all. Almost everyone Iv met there are very nice and friendly people.

Just dont hang around in the lobby too long during peak hours in america.

Blastifyys
Aug 9, 2012, 03:10 PM
Nothing's bad about Ship 2. Haters gonna hate.
exactly "haters are gonna hate" i mean there are a couple of idiots that spam stuff that shouldn't be spammed and they no not to because they said they have read the forums about how to keep quiet and then go back to ship saying this exactly in spam "English patchhhhhhhhhh!" and just this morning i seen a couple of ppl saying They have updated the English patch but you did not get it from me.

Blastifyys
Aug 9, 2012, 03:11 PM
Ship 2 has the most gaijin players, therefore the most problems. However, once the English version comes out, the shitty players will move to it, leaving most of the good English players behind. I'm looking forward to having a nice, small English community on Ship 2 when that happens.
i agree we have till spring tho

Omisan
Aug 9, 2012, 03:16 PM
If your goal is to play the game, it is fine. I run around with purpose- searching shops, checking client orders, searching for games. All in block 20 and unless you are standing still in the lobby reading every little thing everyone says, you are not going to be bothered by anything.

Block 20 has the most english players and has alot of games to join, so it is a good block.

What most people mean when they mention a bad "community" is the way the usual lobby whores act. But who cares about that anyway unless you are a lobby whore yourself.

When they spam symbols non stop before maintenance is the only time i have ever been bothered by them.

Halcyote
Aug 9, 2012, 03:19 PM
tags: waber will save u

hahahahaha

anyway EVERYTHING IS BAD ABOUT SHIP 2 STAY AWAY FROM IT FOREVERS /hyperbole

Slidikins
Aug 9, 2012, 03:37 PM
I started on Ship 2 because I heard that's where US players would be. After a week or so B-20 would always be full so I barely ran into anyone from PSOW. But in general, B-20 was just full to the brim which meant a lot of lobby spammers assaulting you with symbol chats every time you entered.

I'm now on Ship 9 restarting with a new character. It's very quite, lag free, and I can easily find my friends anywhere in the lobby. Ship 2 just isn't for the relaxed, casual gamer, I think.

Alenoir
Aug 9, 2012, 04:42 PM
I started on Ship 2 because I heard that's where US players would be. After a week or so B-20 would always be full so I barely ran into anyone from PSOW. But in general, B-20 was just full to the brim which meant a lot of lobby spammers assaulting you with symbol chats every time you entered.

I'm now on Ship 9 restarting with a new character. It's very quite, lag free, and I can easily find my friends anywhere in the lobby. Ship 2 just isn't for the relaxed, casual gamer, I think.

Block 25 to 45.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 9, 2012, 04:53 PM
Ship 2 doesn't have a problem. I think block 20 does, though. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's good that we're all trying to stick together, but....

....honestly? When It's that crowded, it's annoying, due to all the crude symbol chat and whatnot going on. My team and I generally avoid 20. That's why many PSOw'orlders who have expressed interest in playing with me haven't seen me around. I frequent block 37, usually.

The ship is fine. You just need to know how to navigate certain blocks and such.

NoiseHERO
Aug 9, 2012, 05:11 PM
Ehn...

I just... don't feel comfortable in block 20 for multiple reasons that were probably stated already except more exaggerated.

21 and the other english blocks are okay, though. I mostly play on the blocks that match my level.

_Nue
Aug 9, 2012, 07:19 PM
Ship 2 is just a bunch of redditors and weeaboos to me. But if you say it's a good ship, then it's a good ship. It's just the hackers giving it a bad name. Maybe I'll venture to Ship 2 just to see what it's like.

Myciah
Aug 9, 2012, 07:35 PM
Ship 2 is fine.

☒ B-20 has players that spam symbol art during peak times
☒ All games with main cities or areas entail high lag for rendering players, if settings are too high, for peak times
☑ B-20/B-21 and other blocks have a decent pool-sized playerbase to always get help from (higher level players)
☑ Higher population means attracting more players, both "good" and "bad", "social" "hardcore" "normal" alike
☑ Easier to get help with more english teams on a more populated ship

Dan Maku
Aug 9, 2012, 07:39 PM
The long and short of it is: since PSO-W, by my knowledge one of the largest PSO communities on the net, announced Ship 2 would be the "official" English ship of JP-PSO2, it drew the attention of not only PSO fans from abroad, but also /b/tards, redditers, bronies, and other socially retarded malcontents, quickly turning the ship (mostly Block 20) into what we like to refer to around here as "a wretched hive of scum and villainy".

If you're playing on Ship 2, I suggest avoiding Block 20 like Newark, NJ. That is where most of the fail is concentrated. Stick to Block 21 or 22.

Zenobia
Aug 9, 2012, 07:40 PM
Ya i mostly play on block 21 with my cast and its quite peaceful there and Mychia i saw ur character quite often today :3

HFlowen
Aug 9, 2012, 07:46 PM
/b/tards, redditers, bronies, and other socially retarded malcontents

The pso-w community can be, and often is, just as bad as the ones you listed for varying reasons.

_Nue
Aug 9, 2012, 07:52 PM
The pso-w community can be, and often is, just as bad as the ones you listed for varying reasons.

It's bad enough as it is. At least not as bad as reddit.

Deadleewar
Aug 9, 2012, 07:59 PM
Personally, I don't see what people have to complain about. Occasionally there will be a couple characters in one of the lobbies with ridiculous hair cuts talking about how handsome they are (lol), but I find that humorous. For the most part I just join other peoples missions and in doing so I've already found a pretty cool team.

Really you have to realize that people get upset over tiny things, such as, lobby dancers... xD

Arika
Aug 9, 2012, 10:45 PM
Right.
In my time on Ship 1 I saw quite a few folks saying things like "Dont go to Ship 2, its a terrible place", but I've been having fun, despite having lost all my friends lol. It's a lot more diverse too. Granted, I haven't been to the Anglish blox yet at all, mostly because I'm trying to just stay in my level range at the moment.

It does just seem to be a big case of haters gon' hate. I wonder if putting that clause back into the ToS calmed down a lot of the crazy spam cats at least a little bit though.

I am curious as to how the haters would respond though.

It is common sense, other ships people will try to say whichever ship you are going to is bad, because they want you to stay with them.

Laxedrane
Aug 9, 2012, 10:59 PM
Ship 2 is where all those damn kids hang out when they are not busy being on my lawn.

Stupid kids, not knowing what a private sign means.

*Glares out the window*

If you're playing on Ship 2, I suggest avoiding Block 20 like Newark, NJ. That is where most of the fail is concentrated. Stick to Block 21 or 22.

Relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U7kuqow3gg&feature=my_favorites&list=FLEI6dw53k8Pi5vWu9T31f4A (Newark State of mind)

Crystal_Shard
Aug 10, 2012, 12:44 AM
@Lakjosmaysa: It's just standard human behaviour really.

It is common sense, other ships people will try to say whichever ship you are going to is bad, because they want you to stay with them.

Pretty much this. Given similar circumstance, I'd be inclined to demonize Ship 2 if I were from another ship, if not out of spite/envy, then at least an attempt to retain/entice people to their own ship. There's also that insecure feeling from that niggling thought that "I" might have chosen the wrong ship. (Note: ignore that bloody voice and be proud of your own ship's community or just join ship 2 with a new account for goodness' sakes.) Tolerance of others is either in seriously short supply or the trolling industry has been holding a recruitment drive across the internets lately. :3

Anyway, I suppose a welcome to Ship 2 is in order then? ^_^

blace
Aug 10, 2012, 12:53 AM
Ship 2 is great for the large number of english speaking players, block 20, as it is where most gather, is the block where you'll run into problems and nonchalant individuals that ruin the experience.

Lots of people sure, but with that kind of group there are always malcontent people that would rather ruin the fun for anyone associated with that block. Sometime before the update, people were running scripts that increased movement speed on everyone, causing some uproar. The other issue is the vulgarity within the block. Lewd symbol chat, discussion of forbidden material and generally being vulgar to the point that it becomes difficult to stay. Other blocks are fine, block 20 didn't use to be a cesspool of vulgarity, but with such a large number of people there, it was bound to happen.

Limbo_lag
Aug 10, 2012, 01:27 AM
Ah...block 20. Where stuff like this happens (not my video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR5tF75gK20

anubispso2
Aug 10, 2012, 02:18 AM
aaahhh nice thats from the nortrious hacker made you fast :-P

Limbo_lag
Aug 10, 2012, 02:26 AM
Not my video. I'm never in block 20 for reasons like that. Apparently, it can affect the entire lobby :/

blace
Aug 10, 2012, 02:30 AM
It can and have. Made it near impossible to land any hits on anything. Someone that had joined my party tried using it to see if it would help him in fighting a rockbear, needless to say, I did most of the work.

Coatl
Aug 10, 2012, 02:41 AM
Lobby 20 is all right, as long as you aren't in the lobbies.