PDA

View Full Version : Server down?

CultOfPersonality
Aug 9, 2012, 06:04 PM
Never been on during any of these so just curious.

Blastifyys
Aug 9, 2012, 06:05 PM
yes server is down because of some bugs and scamsssssss!

Aewyn
That feel when you forget about temporary maintenance.

August 10th, 8:00 ~ 13:00 JST
August 9th, 7:00PM ~ 12:00 AM EDT
August 9th, 4:00PM ~ 9:00 PM PDT

I was mid-mission and was totally confused. Then I remembered the maintenance.

StepsonuTM
Seems like it, i got dc'd & the ships status' are unknown so it might be it.

supersonix9
ffffffffffffffff

Actually kinda good, I can get some work done now.

Gama
Never been on during any of these so just curious.

the servers are offline, 5 hour maintenance.

someone lock this before it turns into a war-zone.

ZcRaider
Aug 9, 2012, 06:06 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-special-maintenance-8102012/

Faendryl
Aug 9, 2012, 06:06 PM
I was making a new character and lost about 30 minutes of non saved tinkering T_T

Blastifyys
Aug 9, 2012, 06:07 PM
the servers are offline, 5 hour maintenance.

someone lock this before it turns into a war-zone.
i agree someone lock it for it becomes more than jus a warzonnnneee!

Alucard V
Aug 9, 2012, 06:08 PM
I'm glad it's not just me who got booted.

DoubleCannon
Aug 9, 2012, 06:08 PM
Well.... what to do now.. Oh I know go eat finally lol

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 9, 2012, 06:13 PM
I'm glad it's not just me who got booted.

Yeah, because it's so fucking hard to miss the in-game announcement about the maintenance...

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 9, 2012, 06:13 PM
I was making a new character and lost about 30 minutes of non saved tinkering T_T

Start over in character creator demo

Seraphus
Aug 9, 2012, 06:14 PM
Just a tip. Those scrolling messages (when they are not about Emergency missions and Interrupts) are usually there to inform/warn you about these things (bug/maintainence issues)

CultOfPersonality
Aug 9, 2012, 06:14 PM
Yeah, because it's so fucking hard to miss the in-game announcement about the maintenance...

I missed it completely to be honest. It was.. boom.. and I was in a party and nobody else mentioned it either.

Coelacanth88
Aug 9, 2012, 06:15 PM
"Countermeasures towards malicious exploits that hinder others’ gameplay."

I wonder if this will once again disable the English Patch.

Shakuri
Aug 9, 2012, 06:17 PM
Hopefully they scrap the whole "hehe i can push other players" crap.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 9, 2012, 06:18 PM

That would be funny tbh. Lol if they find it "malicious".

Aeris

No it doesn't, someone was using exploits in lobby on others like the speed hack and resta in lobby thinking they was exploiting in game.

Cyron Tanryoku

I had to leave the computer, came back, disconnected.
How was I going to know this?

Or you could just be one of those people who has it set to only show team or public chats therefore missing it.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 9, 2012, 06:20 PM
I missed it completely to be honest. It was.. boom.. and I was in a party and nobody else mentioned it either.

Eh, don't worry about it - stuff happens. My Japanese is horrid right now, so I usually ignore or ask someone about the scrolling text. Heck, I'm usually good with remembering maintenance, and this one snuck up on me.

supersonix9
Aug 9, 2012, 06:21 PM

I can read Japanese and I missed it. It happens. Can't read Japanese? Yeah, it can be pretty easy to miss the announcement.

I think you pretty much missed his point that he was probably worried about being banned or something for being a non-japanese player.

I was thinking the same thing at first when I got booted.

Aewyn
Aug 9, 2012, 06:23 PM
I can read the scrolling text completely, but I have system messages turned off so if I don't see the scrolling banner-- very likely when I am in the middle of murdering things-- then it's easy to forget there's supposed to be a maintenance!

Let's not sully this thread with infighting, guys. Come on.

Zenobia
Aug 9, 2012, 06:24 PM
Got booted exactly as i got my ardillo sword to +10 to bad i cant test it out D:

supersonix9
Aug 9, 2012, 06:25 PM
Got booted exactly as i got my ardillo sword to +10 to bad i cant test it out D:

At least it didn't happen mid-grind :P

Nice +10 though.

I managed to get some rare Talis from The Floating Continent right before maint.

Oh I can imagine people still being scared of being banned, my bad.

Stop posting.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 9, 2012, 06:25 PM
I can read Japanese and I missed it. It happens. Can't read Japanese? Yeah, it can be pretty easy to miss the announcement.

I think you pretty much missed his point that he was probably worried about being banned or something for being a non-japanese player.

I was thinking the same thing at first when I got booted.

Oh I can imagine people still being scared of being banned, my bad.

The Walrus
Aug 9, 2012, 06:31 PM
Y'all need to check bumped more often then you'd know about this stuff :/

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 9, 2012, 06:33 PM
Stop posting.

Make me.

Not my fault people don't keep up, news about this maintenance was up on bumped almost 10 hours ago before I went to sleep.

Seraphus
Aug 9, 2012, 06:34 PM
Patch is up, btw. English patch overwritten as expected. I'm assuming a new one is needed again?

Etalis
Aug 9, 2012, 06:34 PM
So you all play Pso2, do you know where I can find a group to quest with? (English speakers) xD

(English patch is does not need update)

Maintenance Contents:

To fix the bug in the Aesthetics Counter.
Countermeasures towards malicious exploits that hinder others’ gameplay.

Shouldn't affect the files the patch replaces, just re-patch and you're fine :)

The Walrus
Aug 9, 2012, 06:36 PM
Block 20 is the typical english block on each ship. Just ask people there if they want to play

Etalis
Aug 9, 2012, 06:38 PM
Block 20 is the typical english block on each ship. Just ask people there if they want to play

What's the level of block 20?

supersonix9
Aug 9, 2012, 06:38 PM
Make me.

Not my fault people don't keep up, news about this maintenance was up on bumped almost 10 hours ago before I went to sleep.

No need for flaming.

What's the level of block 20?

Blastifyys
Aug 9, 2012, 06:40 PM
So you all play Pso2, do you know where I can find a group to quest with? (English speakers) xD

(English patch is does not need update)

Maintenance Contents:

To fix the bug in the Aesthetics Counter.
Countermeasures towards malicious exploits that hinder others’ gameplay.

Shouldn't affect the files the patch replaces, just re-patch and you're fine :)
HEY guys this thread wasn't created to start a got dam war about missing the ann if he missed it he missed it that's it. and there are players all over ship 2 who speak English b21 b22 b23 but i play usally on 29 12 and 20 with my guild

Etalis
Aug 9, 2012, 06:45 PM
HEY guys this thread wasn't created to start a got dam war about missing the ann if he missed it he missed it that's it. and there are players all over ship 2 who speak English b21 b22 b23 but i play usally on 29 12 and 20 with my guild

What is the name of your guild? Anyone can join? :D

lunarsoul
Aug 9, 2012, 06:45 PM
I just went on to see if I could sign in after I downloaded the launcher update. Apparently my English Patch is now gone its all in Japanese again. Im going to see if I can just replace the files again and hopefully itll work once more.

Blastifyys
Aug 9, 2012, 06:47 PM
What is the name of your guild? Anyone can join? :D
the name of my guild is radiant hunters we are very active as a guild should be and there will always be help if needed after maint and if you are on ill be gladly to have you join our team

Etalis
Aug 9, 2012, 06:47 PM
I just went on to see if I could sign in after I downloaded the launcher update. Apparently my English Patch is now gone its all in Japanese again. Im going to see if I can just replace the files again and hopefully itll work once more.

Post your results for everyone :-D

Chik'Tikka
Aug 9, 2012, 06:48 PM

Ditto, there seems to be a small patch, and of course any patch fixes "corrupted" English patch files+^_^+ also, i seen your Yunalasca wandering around the lobby on Urz+^_^+

Aewyn
Aug 9, 2012, 06:56 PM
I just went on to see if I could sign in after I downloaded the launcher update. Apparently my English Patch is now gone its all in Japanese again. Im going to see if I can just replace the files again and hopefully itll work once more.Would not do.

Drake_24
Aug 9, 2012, 06:59 PM
wait, are you guys actually playing already again? I updated and then re-applied the english patch, it starts up and it's working however it says all the ships are offline.... so if people are playing here as of now I'd probably advise not applying the patch.

lunarsoul
Aug 9, 2012, 07:00 PM
Ditto, there seems to be a small patch, and of course any patch fixes "corrupted" English patch files+^_^+ also, i seen your Yunalasca wandering around the lobby on Urz+^_^+
Yea ive been trying hard to level, my friends are already level 40, I need to catch up. :-P

Would not do.
Yea I risked it, it does seem to work. You just need to replace the files again. But of course the servers arent up yet so I dont know if their will be any consequences for reapplying the patch after the update removed the patch files.. hmm, ill be wary.

Aewyn
Aug 9, 2012, 07:02 PM
If I were you I'd do a File Check and re-replace the files until a new one is released. Otherwise, you could break some things' names or descriptions if they changed any of those kinds of files. If they changed none of them it would naturally be fine, but I'll wait for word of it in certainty before I do it myself!

Mikura
Aug 9, 2012, 07:05 PM
If I were you I'd do a File Check and re-replace the files until a new one is released. Otherwise, you could break some things' names or descriptions if they changed any of those kinds of files. If they changed none of them it would naturally be fine, but I'll wait for word of it in certainty before I do it myself!

Yeah, I was just going to leave it alone for awhile after patching and wait on some news before re-applying the english patch.

On a side note, this is horrible timing for my friend. He was going to get off work early today so we were going to try to get him caught up with some stuff. Looks like that's not going to happen.

Haseokun
Aug 9, 2012, 07:17 PM
The game isn't back up yet. It's not suppose to be back up until a little under 4 hours from now. SoJ loves their 5 hour maintenance, every 2 days. This is definitely hurting my abilities to catch up, at all, with my team mates within the Redemption Team. You can count on having to wait until 3am for a new working English Patch. Just don't count on IP Bans or anything stupid of that sort.

Moloch
Aug 9, 2012, 07:20 PM
FWIW, after the last big patch, i tried using the previous english files, and the game wouldn't even load the ship selection screen.

With this small patch, I can already make it to the ship selection screen with the old english patch files, so I'm hoping they will continue working once the server gets back up.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 9, 2012, 07:20 PM
You can count on having to wait until 3am for a new working English Patch.

Well, for the sorta-Tuesday maintenance, they had a new English patch before the servers even went up, so I don't know about that

Blastifyys
Aug 9, 2012, 07:22 PM
The game isn't back up yet. It's not suppose to be back up until a little under 4 hours from now. SoJ loves their 5 hour maintenance, every 2 days. This is definitely hurting my abilities to catch up, at all, with my team mates within the Redemption Team. You can count on having to wait until 3am for a new working English Patch. Just don't count on IP Bans or anything stupid of that sort.
Im not trying to start an argument here but there has not been alot of maints one on the first and 8th and today that's all when the main every 2days were going on was about 2 weeks ago

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 9, 2012, 07:23 PM
This is a bad time for maintainence for me, as I'll be heading the airport around the time it's back up

Seraphus
Aug 9, 2012, 07:23 PM
As soon as the patch/update is out, people are free to work with the files as they please. Maintenance with the server is what is still going on right now. (they need to add ths info in a sticky, as well as times) You can expect an update to the English patch anytime the new patch/update files are out if the translators so please to release one that soon. They do not need to wait for the maintenance to finish (of course, really no rush for them to do it so soon).

Etalis
Aug 9, 2012, 07:37 PM
Yea ive been trying hard to level, my friends are already level 40, I need to catch up. :-P

Curious, how long would lvl 40 take?

Omisan
Aug 9, 2012, 08:01 PM
Im not trying to start an argument here but there has not been alot of maints one on the first and 8th and today that's all when the main every 2days were going on was about 2 weeks ago

Do a better job with sentence structure if you want people to understand you.

BahnKnakyu
Aug 9, 2012, 08:06 PM

Or you could just be one of those people who has it set to only show team or public chats therefore missing it.

Don't mind him, he always has a stick up his ass when he thinks you're stupid. It's always good to check the pso2 site when you get d/c'd in case there's a maintenance.

lunarsoul
Aug 9, 2012, 08:07 PM
Curious, how long would lvl 40 take?

Obviously it depends, Its been a Week and my FO class is level 32. But I play in alot of spare time I can get. My friends have got to level 40 in less than a week, one guy is 40/40/40 in 2 weeks. If you are just looking for exp and dont do anything else, you can cap fast if your committed, but others like to lobby, do side missions, or just fool around.

Aewyn
Aug 9, 2012, 08:17 PM
This is a bad time for maintainence for me, as I'll be heading the airport around the time it's back upBut you'll have fun, right?

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 9, 2012, 08:46 PM

They gave 10 hours advance warning prior to starting, in-game and on the official website, is that not enough for you?
Or, did you have to leave your computer for 10 hours, then what are you complaining about a 5 hour maintenance for?

Valymer
Aug 9, 2012, 08:51 PM
Well you can just be glad it's not like other games where death actually matters. I've logged back in after other games had server resets/maintenance/crashes and have to spend 30 minutes or more doing a corpse run, getting resurrected or whatever the hell else that game required.

Aewyn
Aug 9, 2012, 09:00 PM
They gave 10 hours advance warning prior to starting, in-game and on the official website, is that not enough for you?It's still possible for someone to miss the announcements. Why so negative, Nancy?

Or, did you have to leave your computer for 10 hours, then what are you complaining about a 5 hour maintenance for?She didn't complain about it, she mentioned that she missed the announcements and was disappointed, but only in reply to your initial negativity. Are people not allowed to even slightly disappointed anymore without having their heads bitten off around here? It's getting crazy.

Hucast-Kireek
Aug 9, 2012, 09:02 PM
Is it still under maintenance? how much time left?

Aewyn
Aug 9, 2012, 09:03 PM
Two hours left in the official maintenance period.

Mikura
Aug 9, 2012, 09:03 PM
Is it still under maintenance? how much time left?

About 2 more hours.

supersonix9
Aug 9, 2012, 09:04 PM
It's still possible for someone to miss the announcements. Why so negative, Nancy?

She didn't complain about it, she mentioned that she missed the announcements and was disappointed, but only in reply to your initial negativity. Are people not allowed to even slightly disappointed anymore without having their heads bitten off around here? It's getting crazy.

^^^^^^^

mstasama
Aug 9, 2012, 09:29 PM
servers are back up for me.

Ryna
Aug 9, 2012, 09:34 PM
Since the servers are back up, I am going to lock this thread.