PDA

View Full Version : Joining parties to enter restricted quests?

Cathode
Aug 9, 2012, 06:39 PM
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to take a low'ish level character into hard mode or areas like the Tundra.

The amount of grind and lack of content caused a friend of mine to quit pso2 for now, though I kept on playing. Would it be possible to take them into hard mode with me? (they haven't unlocked it yet)

Thanks!

Aeris
Aug 9, 2012, 06:42 PM
They can but you still need to be at the level requirement for the area/quest though and you have to have hard mode unlocked as well.

Cathode
Aug 9, 2012, 06:45 PM
They can but you still need to be at the level requirement for the area/quest though and you have to have hard mode unlocked as well.

Last part confused me a tad bit.....so as long as let's say, a lvl25 host has access to hard mode desert quests, they can can bring a lvl18 with them?

Macras
Aug 9, 2012, 06:49 PM
players below the required level cannot access a mission that has a min level above their current level. so no, you CANNOT bring a lv18 into hard desert.

Rika-chan
Last part confused me a tad bit.....so as long as let's say, a lvl25 host has access to hard mode desert quests, they can can bring a lvl18 with them?

Nope.

Link1275
If the level 18 has hard mode unlocked.

DoubleCannon
Aug 9, 2012, 06:55 PM
If the level 18 has hard mode unlocked.

pretty sure hard desert is level 25 min to even be able to enter. As far as I know you have to unlock hard mode AND be the min level requirement to even join anything in hard mode. You could be level 30 and if you havent done the hard mode quest you couldnt even join hard forest level 21 enemies lol

GoldenFalcon
Aug 9, 2012, 06:57 PM
For hard mode quests, they need to be able to enter it themselves in order to join you
The exception would be if you get them to level 30, they could join you in Tundra before unlocking it themselves. But it's an extremely easy client order now, and would likely never happen unless you just grind Ragne city with them

Cathode
Aug 9, 2012, 07:03 PM
Ok this makes a little more sense now.

So what if they have hard mode unlocked, what are the restrictions then?

EDIT: To be more specific - If they have hard mode unlocked but aren't lvl25 to do hard mode desert yet or if I unlock the Tundra/Mines/etc, are they allowed?

The Walrus
Aug 9, 2012, 07:05 PM
You have to be at the minimum level to enter the area in order to join the party

GoldenFalcon
Aug 9, 2012, 07:05 PM
Ok this makes a little more sense now.

So what if they have hard mode unlocked, what are the restrictions then?

Level
At 20, they can only do the first 5 quests, and Ragne city

Cathode
Aug 9, 2012, 07:09 PM
You have to be at the minimum level to enter the area in order to join the party

Ah ok, thanks.

Guess that's a little unfortunate for my case. My friend got me into the whole PSO scene (started with BB) but the f2p model for PSO2 and the inability to trade/amount of grind has made them quit with pretty much no interest in recent updates.

Myciah
Aug 9, 2012, 07:39 PM
n - 5 levels is the base level requirement.
Completion of Koffee's quests are needed too.
Exceptions are City Quests.
And an additional requirement of level 21 for all hard quests, with the inclusion of the n - 5 rule where n is the indicated level of the quest.

tlbww
Aug 9, 2012, 08:29 PM
For the emergency missions. You can have a character load the mission up for multiplaer (I think) with a password and keep them in the lobby. Then, can you have other people join that mission and go about it, complete/fail it, and rejoin it? I've thought about doing this if I wanted to farm emergency bosses. I've not tried it, but I think it should work so long as the person that hosts the room never leaves the camp lobby.

Ether
Aug 9, 2012, 08:45 PM
If you Time Attack unlocked, you can bring a level 15 (I think) person into normal mode there, which features Tundra as the second block and Snow Banther as the boss. Of course, the mission is also over if anyone dies, so it's not particularly efficient as anything other than a brief sneak peak.