PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Force user wonders...

hanazawadeus
Aug 9, 2012, 08:16 PM
I know most people go for T Charge and Flame Mastery, but has anyone ever tried this build? http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?01FO!IOI24OjhnIkhNcKf

with full 45 SP, this force will get 120 basic PP and consumes 15~18PP on each thunder tech. Might not hit as hard, but can hit many many times :bash:

sugarFO
Aug 9, 2012, 08:18 PM
You don't have Charge PP Revival, which lets you recover more PP. Extra PP skills are pretty much a waste of points when you could put them to useful things like Tech Charge Advance or T ATK Up. If you ever want to equip any of the rare rods or talis you'll need enough TATK to do so.

NoiseHERO
Aug 9, 2012, 08:19 PM
I'm going the lightning PP saving build too but, I decided to skip out on the "PP up" skills.

Since you can get equips that boost your PP.

in a couple more levels my PP reducing skill will be maxed. it's kind of fun just spamming weak techs till things die.

tech charging completely ignores the point of spamming uncharged techs to keep a sa zonde going a long time. Only thing bad about focusing on sa zonde like that is...

Well, it's hard to hit bosses who won't sit still.

Eman2417
Aug 9, 2012, 08:20 PM
I know most people go for T Charge and Flame Mastery, but has anyone ever tried this build? http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?01FO!IOI24OjhnIkhNcKf

with full 45 SP, this force will get 120 basic PP and consumes 15~18PP on each thunder tech. Might not hit as hard, but can hit many many times :bash:
Sure it'd be useful but gizonde misses a lot ( for me anyways ).
I just find Rafoie to be much more resourceful when it comes to damage and guaranteed hits. Razonde is useless without Talis and zonde is derp...

Asakust
Aug 9, 2012, 08:20 PM
with full 45 SP, this force will get 120 basic PP . . .

You might aswell put some meseta into getting units that give +pp and put spirit on them. . . Rather than dumping skill points into it. . .

Zenobia
Aug 9, 2012, 08:27 PM
You don't have Charge PP Revival, which lets you recover more PP. Extra PP skills are pretty much a waste of points when you could put them to useful things like Tech Charge Advance or T ATK Up. If you ever want to equip any of the rare rods or talis you'll need enough TATK to do so.

True she dosent have charge pp revival and she does need it but charge pp revival dosent charge THAT fast when your charging a spell though u still need it.

For that reason i keep my gunslash on me so i can shoot them for some quick pp gain when the need arises.

FenixStryk
Aug 9, 2012, 08:31 PM
Almost every Force I've seen that's worth their salt has PP Revival, maxed Flame Tech S Charge, and maxed Bolt Tech PP Save. Ice as a whole is a worthless branch, and a 1% damage per 1 SP boost won't match the boosts you get from charging faster/saving PP in your rotations.

Protip: 20 PP is not worth 20 SP.

PSO Addict
Aug 9, 2012, 08:41 PM
I would encourage building to your play style, but I have to agree that PP are not worth the points most of the time. I hope more players put thier points away from foie. It's not as fun with everyone doing the same thing.

Ana-Chan
Aug 9, 2012, 08:51 PM
I have actually not put everything into fire. I have put some into all three masteries and other misc parts of the skill tree.
I have almost maxed T-Atk up 1 and Tech Charge Advance 1 though, since they help all 3 elements.

Zenobia
Aug 9, 2012, 08:53 PM
I have actually not put everything into fire. I have put some into all three masteries and other misc parts of the skill tree.
I have almost maxed T-Atk up 1 and Tech Charge Advance 1 though, since they help all 3 elements.

Hmm Ana whats your build if its anything like im thinking i beileve we went the same route :3.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 9, 2012, 08:56 PM
Might be a useful set up during Bursts...

Ana-Chan
Aug 9, 2012, 09:01 PM
Hmm Ana whats your build if its anything like im thinking i beileve we went the same route :3.

Well, I'm not sure what you are expecting, but mine is something like http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?01FO!IOI2AoI22sbnIAbnbnf. I was lost for a little while as to what to do with the tree, but ended up deciding that there is no rush, pretty soon we will have at least 10 more SP to help things along.

Angelo
Aug 9, 2012, 09:04 PM
The advantage to hitting many times vs charging up is that you have more chances to inflict status ailments.

Zenobia
Aug 9, 2012, 09:11 PM
Well, I'm not sure what you are expecting, but mine is something like http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?01FO!IOI2AoI22sbnIAbnbnf. I was lost for a little while as to what to do with the tree, but ended up deciding that there is no rush, pretty soon we will have at least 10 more SP to help things along.

On point both of our build are on point lol.

But the only thing im kinda aggravated by is the fact that both male and female newmans def at max is 288 so i have to put some def into my mag just to get to some of the good armors

Valymer
Aug 9, 2012, 09:12 PM
I would encourage building to your play style, but I have to agree that PP are not worth the points most of the time. I hope more players put thier points away from foie. It's not as fun with everyone doing the same thing.

I agree, it sucks being cookie-cutter but when SEGA sets up the tree like this, it's inevitable. You have to go so far into the Fire tree to get PP Revival, and Tech Charge Advance boosts ALL your techs (including GiGrants). In the end as someone mentioned already we will get more skill points, and theories will change again, so it makes sense to just build your tree around your play style.

Honestly it's nice to have an Ice specced Force in the party sometimes, that Freeze is about the only form of crowd control that this game has at present. And considering the only thing that's really worthwhile at level 40 from a loot standpoint is MPAs, it really doesn't matter what you spec, the enemies aren't going to be alive for more than 2-3 seconds anyway.

Did PSO1 have light/dark branches of the skill tree? Is that something that we have to look forward to eventually? I hope so.

sugarFO
Aug 9, 2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Charge Advance boosts ALL your techs (including GiGrants).

Is this confirmed? I thought it was only fire techs.

Ana-Chan
Aug 9, 2012, 09:22 PM
Is this confirmed? I thought it was only fire techs.

It is all techs. Although I guess it is easy enough to think only fire with it under the fire tree. But I was seeing a notable rise in resta.

NoiseHERO
Aug 9, 2012, 09:24 PM
Just go the lightning tree anyway.

These guys are dum.

tlbww
Aug 9, 2012, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty sure the general concensus is the makx t-atk up. I'm doing that and going for the charged atk up come lvl cap update.

I don't plan on specializing in any element, I want generally higher atk all around/skills that affect global gameplay.

Ana-Chan
Aug 9, 2012, 09:42 PM
Did PSO1 have light/dark branches of the skill tree? Is that something that we have to look forward to eventually? I hope so.

PSO didn't have skill trees, this is new for PSO2. As for light/dark branches. Well, there are three elements left to appear, light, dark and wind. In the Autumn updates there are three new classes coming. So it is possible that one of the classes is some kind of variation on the force with a skill tree aimed at these elements instead of fire, ice and lignting.
But remember, this is speculation, all we know is that subclasses are coming and 3 new classes have been announced. It could be possible that they are the same things, or it could be possible that they are distinct things. Only time will tell.

Reyva
Aug 9, 2012, 10:26 PM

Eh, I have 4 different builds on my force. Obv ones that focus on fire, ice, and thunder paths with #4 being a hybrid. So the build you posted is kinda similar to my build #3.

From what I've observed and tested, the build you have + my thunder/hybrid build both suck compared to my Fire build. You may get to fire more, but Rafoie will either one shot the mobs or two shot. Without Charge PP Revival, it also sucked ass because not only of my pp not refilling while charging, but when my mag activates pp recovery, if I'm charging a tech, I'm not recovering.

And I could of sworn the same thing for the photon blast, but I could be wrong on that.

So damage/dps wise, no, that build you posted is no good. Like I said, I can charge my fire techs faster, recover PP while charging, and boost my overall damage with other techs because I also have the other tech charge advance skills maxed. Not only that, but if my mag fires my pp recovery off, its pretty much nonstop casting which means my fire build would win over the build you posted. The extra PP dun matter. Don't need the PP when things are one-two shotted and if its a boss, run out of pp, switch to gunblade, back to rod, repeat.

This is once again why I can play this game with my eyes closed and why I consider a lot of things a joke like the snow panther bosses.

So I rather continue to play "Phantasy Star Rafoie 2" even if it is boring as hell. I rather one or two shot the mobs than more than that. However, play how you want to play. I don't ever bother telling people how they should play, but I will give advice or tell them what I did.

Link1275
Aug 9, 2012, 10:37 PM
I have to agree that the idea of not even touching the fire tree is stupid, as is putting in that much into ice. You need a lot of sp into other stuff, once we have access to a few more levels(about 60-75) you could make this though http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?01FO!IOI2GOH22SIkfbncAf .

GoldenFalcon
Aug 10, 2012, 12:56 AM
But the only thing im kinda aggravated by is the fact that both male and female newmans def at max is 288 so i have to put some def into my mag just to get to some of the good armors

Why are you trying to use units that require S-Def?
You're better off putting 38 to 45 T-Def into your mag. 38 lets you use the new Quartz units for insane T-Def, while going all the way to 44 or 45 lets you also use the Crescent Moon units for really good S-Def
Although, people who go into Ice can instead use 10 SP into T-Def Up 1, but that's silly

Lazy people can just use the 285 S-Def requirement units if they don't care

TaigaUC
Aug 10, 2012, 03:48 AM
Tech Charge Advance is all charged techs, not just fire.

I didn't max Flame Tech S Charge because soemone pointed out that shorter charge time reduces the usefulness of Charge PP Revival. Instead, I focused on maxing T-Atk and damage. I didn't put anything into ice because I heard it's awful, and didn't go into bolt because I don't use bolt attacks often. They just don't feel as satisfying for me (ugly visuals, weak generic electrical hit sound). Also, Gigrants kinda makes most spells obsolete.

Charge PP Revival is an absolute must, which is pretty stupid when considering its deep position in the fire tree.