PDA

View Full Version : New english patch

helplzplzplz
Aug 9, 2012, 11:10 PM
It's 70mb. Did they translate whole game?

ashley50
Aug 9, 2012, 11:14 PM
Translate the whole game?

Who in their right mind would do that?

It only translated item names and enemy names? XD (That's what I've heard).

[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ashley_riot/1344424971223.jpg
Excellent translation there.[/spoiler-box]

helplzplzplz
Aug 9, 2012, 11:15 PM
just asked. aug8 patch 3,40mb. aug9 patch 70mb.

Lostbob117
Aug 9, 2012, 11:17 PM
No the whole game would be 700mb maybe? I don't remember what he said if they translated the story subs. (But they're not doing that.)

Maronji
Aug 9, 2012, 11:19 PM
From the thread at the-place-that-shall-not-be-named, it was said that a lot of field chatter was translated. Mainly stuff that really won't ever change.

New quests and client orders were translated as well.

EDIT:

No the whole game would be 700mb maybe? I don't remember what he said if they translated the story subs. (But they're not doing that.)

Actually, I think there's still a possibility, but if it does happen, it won't be for a while. Hence why this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199319) will be handy for months to come.

Vashyron
Aug 9, 2012, 11:25 PM
Because certain files translated now also include sound and such in the files. Hence how if the story was ever to be translated it would be quite large (close to a gig?) as the same files that have the text have the voice overs and more.

Arika
Aug 9, 2012, 11:26 PM
See you later!

Lostbob117
Aug 9, 2012, 11:36 PM
From the thread at the-place-that-shall-not-be-named, it was said that a lot of field chatter was translated. Mainly stuff that really won't ever change.

New quests and client orders were translated as well.

EDIT:

Actually, I think there's still a possibility, but if it does happen, it won't be for a while. Hence why this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199319) will be handy for months to come.

No, there's no chance the translator already said he's not doing that.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 9, 2012, 11:42 PM
Because certain files translated now also include sound and such in the files. Hence how if the story was ever to be translated it would be quite large (close to a gig?) as the same files that have the text have the voice overs and more.

This is why you use a patcher to inject the translated text into the original files, so you don't have to copy every else.

Maronji
Aug 9, 2012, 11:51 PM

Ah, that makes sense. I can certainly see now why that would be a low priority.

... Though, hypothetically speaking, if that undertaking was actually taken, how would the patch be distributed at that point? Different batch files for different chunks of the game? Seems like the only logical way to do it, and it'd probably be a massive undertaking no matter how you slice it anyway.

I guess the Story Translation thread is going infinitely more useful than I had it pegged for (and I had it pegged pretty high to begin with).

No, there's no chance the translator already said he's not doing that.

A reply to a thread I made in the Spam forum there may indicate otherwise.

It's somewhat unlikely that the English patch will patch story text right now (for various reasons).

The exact quote above is why I said I think there's still a possibility (aka that's how I took it, but I can't be 100% sure). Although you could interpret it in a number of ways, it doesn't look like it's 100% set in stone that the story won't be translated (eventually), but at the moment, it's more-than-likely not going to happen (and I totally understand and respect that).

EDIT: Oh, and if you'd look at the credits, there's four translators, not one. Just pointing that out because you said the translator.

JayD-X
Aug 10, 2012, 12:57 AM
So, is the new one out? :) lol

Fox2Tails
Aug 10, 2012, 01:02 AM
It's out, just unavailable at this moment. That I know if anyway

JayD-X
Aug 10, 2012, 01:06 AM
Well darn. So the items still aren't translated. I think I saw before it wasn't going to be translated because it's server sided? Is that correct?

FlameOfYagami
Aug 10, 2012, 01:30 AM
What I want to know is what this means.

"This is still against the ToS. While it's very unlikely you'll get banned for using it, it's still possible.
Using the <target>, <class>, <pa>, <technic>, or <area> macros will broadcast the translated message. Do not use them in public parties."

Can someone plase explain? ^^

Maronji
Aug 10, 2012, 01:40 AM
What I want to know is what this means.

"This is still against the ToS. While it's very unlikely you'll get banned for using it, it's still possible.
Using the <target>, <class>, <pa>, <technic>, or <area> macros will broadcast the translated message. Do not use them in public parties."

Can someone plase explain? ^^

Using the English patch is a modification of the game client, which is against the ToS (and also why you can't post links to it).

After you take that into consideration, rereading the quoted statement should hopefully make more sense (Enemy names, classes, Photon Art and Technic names, and area names are all translated; a surefire sign of using the English patch if using the mentioned macros).

If not... Just know that it's probably best not to use those while using the English patch (unless you're sure you're in a multi-party with only English-speaking players or stick to party chat with an English-only party anyway).

EDIT:

Well darn. So the items still aren't translated. I think I saw before it wasn't going to be translated because it's server sided? Is that correct?
Yep. Don't expect that to change. Ever.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 10, 2012, 01:43 AM
That's what I was actually asking I will make it more clear. I know what the first part means (thank you for explaining anyways).

However I dont understand the "macros" thing what is that?

I dont understand that.

Maronji
Aug 10, 2012, 01:57 AM
That's what I was actually asking I will make it more clear. I know what the first part means (thank you for explaining anyways).

However I dont understand the "macros" thing what is that?

I dont understand that.

target> replaces itself with the name of the last mob or NPC you targeted.
e.g.: [<target> @ <pos>] => "Dark Ragne at B-4".

<class> replaces itself with your currently assigned class and associated level.
e.g.: [I am a <class>.] => "I am a Hunter Lv.19."

<pa> replaces itself with the last Photon Art you used.
e.g.: [I love <pa>.] => "I love Aiming Shot."

<technic> is the Technic equivalent of <pa>.
e.g.: [<technic> is boss.] => "Gizonde is boss."

<area> replaces itself with the name of your current location.
e.g.: [I am at <area>.] => "I am at Campship."

As you can see, using the placeholder macros inserts information into your chat message. Useful when putting together Shortcut Words for common situations, but if using the English patch, they could also screw you over (if you're unlucky).

FlameOfYagami
Aug 10, 2012, 02:05 AM
So does this mean that I can't no longer use my Auto Word shortcuts that come out whenever someone heals me/revieves me etc etc?

ScottyMango
Aug 10, 2012, 02:05 AM

Items can never be translated. They are server-side text that only Sega has real access to.

Maronji
Aug 10, 2012, 02:13 AM
So does this mean that I can't no longer use my Auto Word shortcuts that come out whenever someone heals me/revieves me etc etc?

Oh, your Auto Words are probably fine (Shortcut Words (the first option under Chat Settings) are separate from Auto Words (the second option) and are activated by Ctrl+F1-F10). Your Friend Partner NPC is also safe on the Auto Word front (unless you happen to be paranoid about the recent addition to the ToS, but you'll probably still be fine anyway).

Long story short, just use the placeholder macros sparingly (if you absolutely have to).

FlameOfYagami
Aug 10, 2012, 02:22 AM
I still dont complteley understand what a "macros place holder " is but I think i'm safe. I only have a couple of auto words that I use for when I get revived and healed/buffed.

Seeing as I dont even know what it is it's safe to assume that I dont use it at all =P

EXPFULL
Aug 10, 2012, 06:18 AM
Still not using it here. No matter how good it gets.

We discuss this at length with Ricardo, the dude that runs BUMPED, in our latest episode.