PDA

View Full Version : So I hear 25-30 is a grind, what do you do from 20-25?

CultOfPersonality
Aug 10, 2012, 01:51 AM
Just finished all of the normal stuff and what not and saw a few new quests but that doesn't seem like it'll hold all the way until 25.. or will it?

10 levels is a bit of a wait for another area.

Lyrah
Aug 10, 2012, 01:54 AM
25-30? more like 20-30 because theres nothin else to do during those lvls except spam desert or nab rappy hard, if you want i can help you lvl lol

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 10, 2012, 01:54 AM
just grind or you wont be able to play any of the new levels that come out

Crimson Exile
Aug 10, 2012, 01:55 AM
MPA, events, daily client orders. Try to run with someone you can talk to or have a music playlist in the background. Should go by like a breeze. GOOD LUCK!

Ueno54
Aug 10, 2012, 01:57 AM
20-25 is dreadful. You can multi party in the Caterdran mission at 25, so it kind of helps. Be on the look out for emergency missions and make sure you're in a highly populated block so you can get the most out of them.

ScottyMango
Aug 10, 2012, 02:06 AM
Do all the client orders you can find. Lots of them give well over 2000+ exp, and that really speeds things up.

Also, the City is a great EXP farm.

Coatl
Aug 10, 2012, 02:10 AM
They really should add more missions to help with the lv20-30 grind.
It's like, we grind mercilessly to lv30, and unlock all the free maps. The requirements for tundra is a fair lv33, but the new maps are just around the corner with free mines and floating islands having a lv35 level requirement.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

ScottyMango
Aug 10, 2012, 02:13 AM
I agree. The progression structure is pretty sloppy at some points.

Deadleewar
Aug 10, 2012, 02:14 AM
PSO has always been a grind tbh, in every version I played you were either grinding levels or grinding for weapons. But I feel ya I just turned level 20 and all my teammates are telling me how much of a pain it is, but w/e. Every game has some sort of grind anyways lol. Luckily PSO is fun enough to make you forget about it(sometimes)

Ueno54
Aug 10, 2012, 02:19 AM
They really should add more missions to help with the lv20-30 grind.
It's like, we grind mercilessly to lv30, and unlock all the free maps. The requirements for tundra is a fair lv33, but the new maps are just around the corner with free mines and floating islands having a lv35 level requirement.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Free Forest and Caves would be so nice if they unlocked at 20 and 25.

Coatl
Aug 10, 2012, 02:22 AM
Meh.

I don't feel PSO2 is very "grindy," besides the lv20-30 grind. For the most part there isn't a strong incentive to hit the lv cap anyway, and if you are hunting rares or just goofing around with your friends, you'll hit the cap eventually.

Free Forest and Caves would be so nice if they unlocked at 20 and 25.

Or maybe at least just free forest, since no one ever goes there anyway once the better free areas are unlocked for them. I do foresee the lv20-30 gap being made easier in the future, as things like that do get "adjusted" to not serve as a deterrent for potential paying costumers.

It just probably won't be anytime soon.

Dan Maku
Aug 10, 2012, 02:54 AM
MPA, events, daily client orders. Try to run with someone you can talk to or have a music playlist in the background. Should go by like a breeze. GOOD LUCK!

This especially helps. The grind for me might've been longer had I not had buds to chat with over Skype. :3

Kondibon
Aug 10, 2012, 03:06 AM
I blame the lack of normal mode versions of everything after the desert. I don't think 20-30 much of a grind at all, but it feels like one because you're basically going back to the places you already did. What the game needs is more variety and better pacing of content.

There's a lot of hints that the normal tundra is supposed to be a level 20 zone. I think it would help a bit if it were added as well as the other normal mode missions after tundra.

Valvalion
Aug 10, 2012, 03:10 AM
Repeat daily client orders, hammer the hell out of Free Desert 2. :)

Daiyousei
Aug 10, 2012, 03:25 AM
I breezed through 20-30, especially thanks to City which I did whenever I can, and make sure you do them in a populated block, more spawns and codes and those EXP adds up pretty fast. Especally if you manage to burst.

Flame
Aug 10, 2012, 03:39 AM
lv 25 here and I don't know how anyone can deny that sega dropped the ball when it comes to pacing with this game. Why the hell should I have to wait until lv 33 to see the next area? It doesn't make sense and they're going to lose a lot of less dedicated players this way if its not altered by the time it releases stateside. Client orders are fine but they rarely mix things up at all. Kill 30 monkeys, get 2000 exp. Next guy asks me to kill 50 monkeys. Is this anyone's idea of fun?

Agitated_AT
Aug 10, 2012, 04:07 AM
Everyone who says "just grind" needs to stfu. I know many people play that way but you are encouraging him to join the people that play pso in the most boring way possible.

OP, if you haven't found out about client orders yet, go ahead and do those. They are very exp rewarding and at the same time everything you do won't feel mindless. If you can't find a party just try to join someone from a random party and ask them if they wanna join and help you with your Client orders. Or just ask around the lobby for at least 1 person to join you.

Anyway if you knew about them, then here's another heads up. People who run around and grind in 1 game for an hour long may get exp fast, but I personally almost quitted because of this. And when I found out about CO, I found a reason to continue playing

Deadleewar
Aug 10, 2012, 04:30 AM
OP, if you haven't found out about client orders yet, go ahead and do those.

NOTE: This is my personal opinion feel free to disagree.

Client Orders are technically grinding, most of them require you to go back into the same place or kill a bunch of the same creature over and over. That's just how games are designed.

Every MMO is a grind(at least the ones I've played). Grinding isn't bad, nor is it boring... Grinding is w/e you make of it. When people say "grind" they don't mean to sit down for days on end and play until you are done, they simply mean, it gets repetitive as most games often do.

If you don't like grinding I wouldn't suggest playing this game, after all, all you do is level up then play the same content over and over looking for rare weapons and such until new content/levels are released. The game is fun enough on it's own to make the "grinding" feel interactive and immersive.

Valvalion
Aug 10, 2012, 04:37 AM
I agree with the comments regarding grinding being fun on this - I don't think I've ever played an MMO that's not felt like grinding in some way, shape or form, but this is just ridiculously fun to play due to the gameplay mechanics.

While I was playing the game in Japanese (of which I understand very little), the one thing I wasn't aware of was that certain client orders could be replayed daily. This made a HUGE difference with progression from the late 20's and suddenly added a sense of progression with experience that just wasn't there before.

Granted, a big chunk of experience came from a few hours of Desert 2 grinding and the absolutely phenominal amount of Transmizers we kept coming across, but the client orders were still adding a ridiculous amount on top.

It's also because of these repeat client orders that 30 through to 37 has been ridiculously quick. I've not even gotten out of Tundra yet or seen Mines or Floating Continent, that's been levelling just through repeating client orders in the space of a few days.

Dinosaur
Aug 10, 2012, 04:54 AM
Hard Mode Nab Rappy Capture for 20-25. Area 1 is a multi-party area and you will find many people farming it as it provides the best EXP at that level.

Mystil
Aug 10, 2012, 05:01 AM
Leveling through the 20s is not that bad. What sucks is the roadblock client orders that get in the way.

Macman
Aug 10, 2012, 05:59 AM
Speaking of client orders, I know it's not until the floating continent, but Clessida gives this really easy order that wants you to get 30 items from the lv38+ dragonkin on there.

The reward?
37,000 EXP!
And it's repeatable every 24 hours.

It's not much to most people that are already at the level cap playing there, but it's incredibly good at raising alt classes!
My level 25 HU went from 50% to next level to just a little past lv 26 on that CO alone, and that's with reduced level penalties lowering the reward to about 26,000.

EXPFULL
Aug 10, 2012, 06:15 AM
Yep, it's all about the client orders. Join our guys most evenings (ideally on our free voice chat service) and we'll help you lvl :D

Zyrusticae
Aug 10, 2012, 08:31 AM
"Grinding" only exists if the core gameplay isn't good enough for you to be entertained with repeated playthroughs.

I really get sick and tired of people tossing that word around willy-nilly not realizing what it actually means. Hey, if you just don't like the game that much, why bother? Serious question.

Me, I had no problem just doing client orders to give me small, alternative goals on the way to hitting 30, alongside emergency missions and matter board jobs. Like Mystil said, though, there are some "roadblock" client orders that can't be done until you hit 30 that kind of stifle progress. Weird design, that.

DoubleCannon
Aug 10, 2012, 09:01 AM
20-30 was so painful to me lol, but I managed because I HAD to get to the free fields and grind for those rares. 30-35 was fine but 35-40 went alot faster for me. I am worried about the level cap going to just 50 with Very hard also being introduced.. getting to 50 will probably go fairly fast unless the exp requirement sky rockets lol.. but then again at that time there is also new classes so this voids my panic I guess. For aslong as going into an upgraded class doesnt void all your hard work put into the last class such as the skill tree. I want that to carry over to the upgraded class!

TheAstarion
Aug 10, 2012, 09:39 AM
20-25 was the biggest pain because 25 is the minimum for the best sub-30 levelling spot (free desert).

25-30 flew past because 30 was the cap unless I collected those 270 data. Which I didn't manage before I hit 30, obviously. I got the dreaded EXP Full message.

30-33 isn't that bad, you're just stuck in Tundra, which is fine because it's SO PRETTY. From 33 you can do all but two of the mines quests, and 35 isn't that far away by this point. Mines enemies fall REALLY fast if you have a Gizonde in your party so you can just leech that.

I'm lv40 and have never been ot Dragonland.

Ana-Chan
Aug 10, 2012, 09:43 AM
To be honest, I can't remember most of 20-30, it all flew past. In about 2 days I had gotten to 28 before I realised it. So I just don't know why people think that the 20s are a grind.

Link1275
Aug 10, 2012, 10:16 AM
To get through 20-30, unlock free desert. Then complete the client order for level 31-40, then you should be almost to level 30. Do any client orders you still need to do to unlock tundra and get to 30.

CultOfPersonality
Aug 10, 2012, 10:26 AM
But don't you have to be 23 to do hard nab rally capture?

xowhd5428
Aug 10, 2012, 10:40 AM
Yay i finally joined pso world~~~~~
Anywway... I am 23 force at the moment and i think its bit painful as i am done with all client order except ones for hardmode which i need to be 30...(who designed this? lol)
tho after knowing that i unlocked hard mode for few beginning missions, its lot less stressful :D

kkow
Aug 10, 2012, 10:49 AM
i think its bit painful as i am done with all client order except ones for hardmode which i need to be 30...(who designed this? lol)

not only that, the matterboard after tundra makes you go back to desert... mfw...

xowhd5428
Aug 10, 2012, 10:53 AM
not only that, the matterboard after tundra makes you go back to desert... mfw...

meh, i am TOTALLY fine with that since i take matter board differently psychologically :P

^much bearable knowing i am progressing on story
rather than mindless exp hunting on client order

Sephirah
Aug 10, 2012, 10:53 AM
Why is everyone hating on desert? Between forest and caves, I think desert is the most fun so far...

Flame
Aug 10, 2012, 10:57 AM
it is fun, but it looks horribad visually. Not what I'd use as a poster level.

Mystil
Aug 10, 2012, 03:14 PM
Why is everyone hating on desert? Between forest and caves, I think desert is the most fun so far...

I imagine the periodic sandstorm may lag the hell out of people.

For me, it's a great area for grinding xp.

...but after trying Tundra.. hard to decide.

Dinosaur
Aug 10, 2012, 03:20 PM
But don't you have to be 23 to do hard nab rally capture?

No, the requirement is level 20.