PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 US/EU: Culturalization, Sponsors, and Collaborations

MegaZoneXE
Aug 10, 2012, 02:13 AM
(Wishful thinking or otherwise, I feel if we keep talking about these matters they will get heard. it will be nice to see what possibilities SoA can and cant do....again...supposedly....>_>...)

So because of the Japanese past collaboration with KFC(Which in japan is more like Boston Market here in States, a seasonal restaurant you go for a thanksgiving dinner) and an official PSO2 annoucement for Hatsune Miku appearance in game, due to licensing, future items and weapon wont be in the US/EU server.

1UP.com had sponsored the 1UP Cup for Phantasy Star Universe in the past, who else could sponsor future events? Could our very own PSO-World.com sponsor a future event for PSO2?!

i highly doubt KFC in the US would sponsor this game....maybe Burger King? Get an item code with your Whopper?...among other things....( just throwing some ideas out)

LIke Hatsune Miku appearance but more abstractly, maybe Futrama or Adventure Time(which is surprisingly popular in japan and easy to get license since its an american made cartoon and new and fresh) characters make a cameo.

Deadleewar
Aug 10, 2012, 02:19 AM
Gamestop sponsor maybe? Stuff like that? I mean cause when the US/EU version releases Gamestop might sell AC cards in the store.

sugarFO
Aug 10, 2012, 02:21 AM
Madoka sponsoring!!! Lmao

MegaZoneXE
Aug 10, 2012, 02:29 AM
Gamestop sponsor maybe? Stuff like that? I mean cause when the US/EU version releases Gamestop might sell AC cards in the store.

Yeah like that. Also i wonder if ミケーラ Michela will be ported to the International server.

ChronoTrigga
Aug 10, 2012, 02:34 AM
Steam, so we can trade PSO hats for TF2 hats. Not to mention making it the all-time Top F2P steam game.

Deadleewar
Aug 10, 2012, 02:39 AM
Steam, so we can trade PSO hats for TF2 hats. Not to mention making it the all-time Top F2P steam game.

This game going on steam would be the best! Probably the most important sponsor that Sega would need.

It might go on Steam now that I think about it. Sega already has several games AND Spiral Knights (Sega mmo) is on Steam also!

gigawuts
Aug 10, 2012, 02:42 AM
I want my Yahoo! Mag.

Miyoko
Aug 10, 2012, 04:20 AM
Steam and TF2. I don't really play TF2 anymore, and I don't care for the hats, but god damn Sega would be absolutely pants on head retarded NOT to do it.

It'd be pretty awesome to get Sasha as a launcher (it kinda makes more sense!), the Sand Man as a sword, or the Engi's wrench as a rod. If PSO2 NA got promotional items that were different than PSO2 JP, it would give reason to play both versions.

blace
Aug 10, 2012, 04:22 AM
Steam and TF2. I don't really play TF2 anymore, and I don't care for the hats, but god damn Sega would be absolutely pants on head retarded NOT to do it.

It'd be pretty awesome to get Sasha as a launcher (it kinda makes more sense!), the Sand Man as a sword, or the Engi's wrench as a rod. If PSO2 NA got promotional items that were different than PSO2 JP, it would give reason to play both versions.
That would be assuming they have the common knowledge of how wildly popular crossover equipment can be. Usually it's one sided with TF2 recieving the items, like the recent Sleeping Dogs pre-order on steam to get Sleeping Dogs based items. I've never seen it work the other way around.

Deadleewar
Aug 10, 2012, 04:38 AM
There is on thing we can expect, or at least I think we can expect, Sega related costumes/merch.
I think some is already in the game.
But I totally want:

Sonic outfit/Metal Sonic outfit xD^^
I know in PSOBB they had a weapon for Knuckles
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/SONIC_KNUCKLE-PLUS-WITHBARS.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Macman
Aug 10, 2012, 05:52 AM
Psh, we'll just have lame-ass Yahoo! and AOL cup again.

"You defeated 50 monsters! Bet they won't be on your buddy list!"

Deadleewar
Aug 10, 2012, 06:00 AM
I just thought of a good one,
I dunno if you guys like Naruto or not (I do), but Zabuza's would be a badarse weapon if ya know what I mean.

http://images.wikia.com/naruto/images/a/a1/Giant_Decapitating_Knife_Zabuza.jpg