PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Max no. of "bosses" you have encountered in a Free Exploration map?

Acel
Aug 10, 2012, 04:39 AM
Just curious because I think the game hates Lisa.

The last time I brought her down for her Desert Quest, Dark Ragne popped up twice in the first area and the "Sandbug" popped four times in the second area.

I was like "seriously?!" the whole time...

Valvalion
Aug 10, 2012, 04:41 AM
Depends how long you stay there and grind for. :) They'll keep appearing if you stay there.

In one run from beginning to end? 2 Dark Ragne one after the other (change over code, lululul), and then a sandbug afterwards.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 10, 2012, 04:41 AM
So far I never spend more then 2 hours in a Free Field but my record is like 9. Think it was in Caves, 2 Ragne, 3 Vols and 4 Catadran.

Acel
Aug 10, 2012, 04:45 AM
So far I never spend more then 2 hours in a Free Field but my record is like 9. Think it was in Caves, 2 Ragne, 3 Vols and 4 Catadran.

Wow nice! Gonna try that sometime! :D

jooozek
Aug 10, 2012, 04:48 AM
4 tranmizers in a row in 15 minutes.

Valvalion
Aug 10, 2012, 04:52 AM
Snap on the transmizers. :)

During a grind run, I think the most I've had is about 4 transmizers in a really short space of time, then 2 sandbugs and a Dark Ragne quite some time afterwards.

The mizers were in 3 groups - One of two, then two singulars.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 10, 2012, 04:52 AM
Wow nice! Gonna try that sometime! :D

It's really not that hard, but it does help if you got a 12 man MPA running. It's all based on luck for the rest.

Hope you'll find a nice load of them

gigawuts
Aug 10, 2012, 04:53 AM
When the desert was still the highest level area, I was doing a boss run with some randoms and ran into ragne. Then he changed over into hollow corpse ragne. That was a first for all of us, so someone joked we should go find him again. The next spawn was, of course, ragne. Then we ran into gwanada. Then we fought three gwanadas in the boss room.

Longest boss run I've ever done, ha ha.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 10, 2012, 04:54 AM
Boss room bosses don't count. MPA ONRY D:

Reminds me, during CBT I was in a run with 4 bosses + Quest boss. Was the coolest thing seen at that point.

Edit: Here's a vid of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XdbtGYLpXs

Sp-24
Aug 10, 2012, 04:55 AM
Just yesterday, I had 2 Catadrans, 2 Vol Dragons and 8 Ragnes spawn in, I think, 90 minutes in a multiparty.

Crimson Exile
Aug 10, 2012, 04:55 AM
Like 10 vol, 5 ragne, and 4 cata in free caves. Had a good map and farmed for like an 1hr and a half. With maybe 2 or 3 PSE burst.

gigawuts
Aug 10, 2012, 04:57 AM
Boss room bosses don't count. MPA ONRY D:

Reminds me, during CBT I was in a run with 4 bosses + Quest boss. Was the coolest thing seen at that point.

Edit: Here's a vid of it pso2 cbt Finale -Five Boss Cave Run- - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XdbtGYLpXs)

Well then I'll mention the mines MPA I had where every second code was either a mizer attack or a ragne duel, tallying easily over a dozen boss fights :P

I thought the map might have been bugged, because the same codes kept happening in roughly the same areas...or, we just kept getting lucky. Many valuable units were found that day.

Mystil
Aug 10, 2012, 05:03 AM

2 Rockbears, 1 Ragne.

Note: Not all at one time.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 10, 2012, 05:05 AM
Well then I'll mention the mines MPA I had where every second code was either a mizer attack or a ragne duel, tallying easily over a dozen boss fights :P

I thought the map might have been bugged, because the same codes kept happening in roughly the same areas...or, we just kept getting lucky. Many valuable units were found that day.

Very nice. I love if many bosses spawn~ Brings out the max to a MPA if you ask me.

Acel
Aug 10, 2012, 05:07 AM
B..but I was alone when mine happened... :/
Maybe I should rephrase the question...

How many Bosses have you encountered ALONE (not counting NPCs) in a Free Exploration Map? :P

blace
Aug 10, 2012, 05:12 AM
Six rockbears, but I swore I had counted seven during my run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z61d5Rt4WY&list=UU52ls4M5heJInhhlLeXUFRw&index=1&feature=plcp

Acel
Aug 10, 2012, 05:16 AM
7 rockbears? Is it a level thingy? Maybe the game spawns more bosses when you are high leveled?
Also, Ive yet to have the Giant Wolves appear randomly in Free Exploration Forest, are they only limited to their emergencies only? This is one of those things I myself dont really know...

EXPFULL
Aug 10, 2012, 06:20 AM
That's crazy. I've never seen more than 3 myself.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 10, 2012, 06:22 AM
B..but I was alone when mine happened... :/
Maybe I should rephrase the question...

How many Bosses have you encountered ALONE (not counting NPCs) in a Free Exploration Map? :P

I never play alone because it's dangerous to go alone.

But seriously I never solo so my count would be 0 =D

DoubleCannon
Aug 10, 2012, 08:30 AM
Been doing free field runs and in the floating islands I have had to face a triple catadoran code twice and 3 quartz dragon codes and 1 ragne code. so 10 for me =D in MPA aswell