PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 AC costumes to be tradeable for color tickets

Zyrusticae
Aug 10, 2012, 09:14 AM
Didn't see anyone discussing this.

And by popular demand, he’s going to update the way the recycle shop works which can only mean one thing! Not only will you be able to use AC costumes to trade, but you can also use the items you get from the AC Scratch.
http://bumped.org/psublog/sakai-addresses-the-tos-change-and-future-updates/

Expect male costume prices to skyrocket as a result of this. ;-)

Slidikins
Aug 10, 2012, 09:16 AM
Clothing is already much too expensive on Ship 09, I can't imagine it getting any higher... I guess it's time to use the Recycle Shop, though.

erehwoN
Aug 10, 2012, 09:20 AM
Expect male costume prices to skyrocket as a result of this. ;-)
Get 'em while hot, no?

Which is why I bought a small supply earlier when I read it.
Just in case.

Gardios
Aug 10, 2012, 09:52 AM
Dammit. I liked not paying a meaningful amount of money for my costumes.

NoiseHERO
Aug 10, 2012, 09:59 AM
I don't know, there's already 3242739847239847298347 male outfits sitting around for cheap...

I still think outfit pricing being more expensive on "girls" has more to do with the server being 70% "female" and... the rest is offensively obvious.

Limbo_lag
Aug 10, 2012, 09:59 AM
What exactly are recolour tickets? Are they cast only? Or can they be used to recolour AC costumes (which would be awesome)? Also, are they gender specific?

NoiseHERO
Aug 10, 2012, 10:02 AM
recolor normal default costumes or CV versions, or cast outfit in general.

Zyrusticae
Aug 10, 2012, 11:47 AM
To answer more thoroughly:

Recolor tickets can be used on anything except costumes specifically designed not to be recolored (bikinis/swim trunks, yukatas, and wedding dresses/tuxedos so far). For CASTs and Caseals, they recolor everything; for humans and newmans, they only recolor the primary color (depends on the costume). The secondary and tertiary colors are pre-set.

Kylie
Aug 10, 2012, 11:50 AM
I like this. I'll feel less sick about getting unwanted items in the scratch, and some colors won't be so damn expensive. Balances things out.

Vashyron
Aug 10, 2012, 11:52 AM
Dunno if I like this depending on the amount of costumes to ticket ratio, effectively can cause a huge Costume Sink.

Arika
Aug 10, 2012, 11:54 AM
You buy a lot of cheap male clothes to may be learn it later that you can't trade male clothes for female color. or it has specific condition to trade.

Should wait until it really confirm.

erehwoN
Aug 10, 2012, 11:56 AM
You buy a lot of cheap male clothes to may be learn it later that you can't trade male clothes for female color. or it has specific condition to trade.

Should wait until it really confirm.
Better safe than sorry, no?
Besides... 10k here or there never hurt anyone.

darkante
Aug 10, 2012, 12:21 PM
I hope that it´s true. Cause i love changing colours.

Zyrusticae
Aug 10, 2012, 12:22 PM
I think it's actually quite necessary that they introduce this, if only to help bring parity to male and female costume prices and to dramatically reduce the supply of extra costumes hanging around all over the place.

And of course, once everybody has the colors they want, demand will drop off drastically and prices will resume their normal course... at least until the next outfits are released. (Assuming it works like I think it works, i.e. any costume for a color ticket).

ScottyMango
Aug 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
QUESTION:

Does the color change ticket give you more options/a better color palette, or is it just the same crappy couple colors from character creation?

Zyrusticae
Aug 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
It gives you access to the entire range of RGB colors.

ScottyMango
Aug 10, 2012, 12:27 PM
Cool, cool. Is that just for the same parts of the costume(chest/arms for HUmar), or does it let you choose different colors for different parts?

Takatsuki
Aug 10, 2012, 12:29 PM
So... does this apply to ALL costume parts? Like, could I buy one of the Furie body parts which is like 1,000 Meseta on the player shops and still get the color change ticket?

Vashyron
Aug 10, 2012, 12:33 PM
Yes assuming it's a 1:1 Ratio, considering if they are opening it up to normal Scratch items too I really doubt it. (CBT had a Ratio of 12 Costumes for 1 Color ticket, I wouldn't expect it to be that extreme now but there's an example..)

Zyrusticae
Aug 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
Cool, cool. Is that just for the same parts of the costume(chest/arms for HUmar), or does it let you choose different colors for different parts?
Like I said, only the primary color. Secondary and tertiary colors depend on the base equipment.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 10, 2012, 12:46 PM
Now I can get a proper green tiger piece and candy crown

Enforcer MKV
Aug 10, 2012, 12:48 PM
B-But I LIKE paying only 3K for a new outfit.

I mean, it's cool that they're going this, but.....dangit.

CAST parts are gonna be so darn expensive...

erehwoN
Aug 10, 2012, 12:56 PM
... I just looked at the market on ship2.
Guess what has been cleaned out.

If you guessed anything below 10k then yes. You are a winner!

Takatsuki
Aug 10, 2012, 01:05 PM
Yes assuming it's a 1:1 Ratio, considering if they are opening it up to normal Scratch items too I really doubt it. (CBT had a Ratio of 12 Costumes for 1 Color ticket, I wouldn't expect it to be that extreme now but there's an example..)

Wait, you need more than 1 costume item to get the color ticket?

Tenlade
Aug 10, 2012, 01:09 PM
... I just looked at the market on ship2.
Guess what has been cleaned out.

If you guessed anything below 10k then yes. You are a winner!

and if they actually do this. expect the clothing shop to be completely sold out/absurdly inflated to the point where no one is gonna be able to afford it. I do not like where this is going, especially since its gonna bascially turn AC scratch into exchanging real cash for game money.

erehwoN
Aug 10, 2012, 01:15 PM
and if they actually do this. expect the clothing shop to be completely sold out/absurdly inflated to the point where no one is gonna be able to afford it. I do not like where this is going, especially since its gonna bascially turn AC scratch into exchanging real cash for game money.
*falls asleep on my pile of preemptively bought costumes*

Joking aside...
Yeah. It will be quite expensive in the future.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 10, 2012, 01:24 PM
*falls asleep on my pile of preemptively bought costumes*

Joking aside...
Yeah. It will be quite expensive in the future.

Sucks for the people who actually want to wear the stuff. x.x

I can potentially see the male costumes going higher than female stuff, because everyone wants them for the blasted recolor tickets.

Vashyron
Aug 10, 2012, 01:29 PM
Wait, you need more than 1 costume item to get the color ticket?

Don't know now, but just gave the example of how it was in CBT. It's doubtful they will go from Rare Rappy Suit as the only means of Coloring Tickets to a Single piece of Random Scratch Item.

I can potentially see the male costumes going higher than female stuff, because everyone wants them for the blasted recolor tickets.

Wouldn't work like this, as then people that want costumes for the sole purpose of recolouring will buy the lower cost ones instead.

Tenlade
Aug 10, 2012, 01:33 PM

They'll go higher then the female stuff, then people will start junking the female outfits for tickets, driving them up in price too. Eventually all outfits will be scarce and expensive, immediately bought out to junk for a recolor ticket or bought and sat on so it can be charged for 10x the already high price once its out of circulation, because you have no other choice, and there will be plenty of players rich off of the AC scratch who after buying thier +10 rares will have nothing else to spend thier money on.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 10, 2012, 01:33 PM
Those ugly male characters exist to kill things while the flat chested and well-endowed newearls dance on auto follow.

You don't need clothing for that. Now, continue killing for me while I clean the market out of your filthy, disgusting rags so that I can dust them off and breathe new life into them in the pink color. Oh, they will cost 500,000 meseta a piece.

Jakosifer
Aug 10, 2012, 01:56 PM
They should just have a Client Order that you can complete once a day for recolor tickets. Collect x 50 area drops from all current areas to get a free ticket. As it stands now, the shit isn't even close to worth the trouble. Lol. Phantasy Star Online 2 customization.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 10, 2012, 02:07 PM
They'll go higher then the female stuff, then people will start junking the female outfits for tickets, driving them up in price too. Eventually all outfits will be scarce and expensive, immediately bought out to junk for a recolor ticket or bought and sat on so it can be charged for 10x the already high price once its out of circulation, because you have no other choice, and there will be plenty of players rich off of the AC scratch who after buying thier +10 rares will have nothing else to spend thier money on.

Quite the tennis match, bleh. Well, time will tell.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 10, 2012, 02:19 PM
FINALLY I hope it wont take to many "AC scratch" Costumes to trade for a Color Change Ticket. I've got a 3 spare costumes. Time to buy a few more just in case.

I've wanted color change tickets for months, but the excessive prices and rarity of the cRappy Suit costume has been way out of my 200k (my current total meseta i have for now) reach.

Gardios
Aug 10, 2012, 03:06 PM
My storage is filled with costumes, so I'm covered when it comes to that. I don't really have a costume I want recoloured yet, though - I like the default black Heavy Scudo and Close Quarter Matt Flame just fine, and by the looks of it they're taking their sweet time giving us Ghettemhart's costume...