PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 What are the best combinations of Skill Points and Mag for each class?

moorebounce
Aug 10, 2012, 04:36 PM
There are seprarate skill point and Mag threads talking about using your skill points and what have you. None talk about setups that help you use the best gear for your class. I was just wondering what skill point and mag combinations get you the best gear for your hunter, force or ranger?

Miyoko
Aug 10, 2012, 04:39 PM
I don't think anyone has confirmed a 'best' yet. Furthermore, it depends how much emphasis you put on defense.

Zyrusticae
Aug 10, 2012, 04:40 PM
If you mean "best gear, period" then the obvious answer is to max your class's respective Attack and Defense stats as much as possible, with a decent helping of Dex at the side for items that require it.

Gardios
Aug 10, 2012, 04:44 PM
Dex?

/5char

Zyrusticae
Aug 10, 2012, 04:49 PM
The English patch's translation of "Ability", to prevent confusion with the attribute "Ability" that raises all stats.

Dinosaur
Aug 10, 2012, 05:17 PM
There are seprarate skill point and Mag threads talking about using your skill points and what have you. None talk about setups that help you use the best gear for your class. I was just wondering what skill point and mag combinations get you the best gear for your hunter, force or ranger?

If you check class discussions in "Gameplay, Guides, & Walkthrough", you can find what you're looking for there.

It's also worth mentioning that maximizing a class depends on your race/gender combination.

moorebounce
Aug 10, 2012, 07:29 PM
I've seen the discussions on what gives you the best attack or defense. I haven't seen where someone says this gear (weapons and armor) is best suited for your class. Lets say hunter and this combination of Skill tree and Mag will help you equip them. From what I gather so far from playing PSO2 it seems like you can't have your cake an eat it too. So you either have to build torwards good weapons or good armor and you can't get both. At least with the current level cap anyway.

Dinosaur
Aug 10, 2012, 07:59 PM
I've seen the discussions on what gives you the best attack or defense. I haven't seen where someone says this gear (weapons and armor) is best suited for your class. Lets say hunter and this combination of Skill tree and Mag will help you equip them. From what I gather so far from playing PSO2 it seems like you can't have your cake an eat it too. So you either have to build torwards good weapons or good armor and you can't get both. At least with the current level cap anyway.

It is possible to have both. I can give you optimal builds for any class/race/gender combination that lets you equip everything, but I'm not gonna sit here and give you all of them as that would be very time consuming(18 builds, yea right). Specify a combination and ill give it to you straight.