PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer with some important setup questions

MadDemon64
Aug 10, 2012, 11:42 PM
Ok, so I am new to Phantasy Star Online 2. Just downloaded it today, and well, I am having some problems.

First off, I downloaded the english patch, and tried extracting it as asked, but it isn't translating anything at all. I always get errors that "cannot create file x. Access is denied". I tried using winrar to either extract and replace files or extract and update files, but neither manages to translate anything (of course I am stuck on the login screen, which brings me to problem number 2)

Secondly, I can't log in. I get to the game, select my ship, and type in ID my password. I get error # 602 normaly, and error # 678 if I type my ID in all lower case.

I would appreciate any and all help people can give me.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 10, 2012, 11:48 PM
Ok, so I am new to Phantasy Star Online 2. Just downloaded it today, and well, I am having some problems.

First off, I downloaded the english patch , and tried extracting it as asked, but it isn't translating anything at all. I always get errors that "cannot create file x. Access is denied". I tried using winrar to either extract and replace files or extract and update files, but neither manages to translate anything (of course I am stuck on the login screen, which brings me to problem number 2)

Secondly, I can't log in. I get to the game, select my ship, and type in ID my password. I get error # 602 normaly, and error # 678 if I type my ID in all lower case.

I would appreciate any and all help people can give me.

Lol... Remove that site now...

MadDemon64
Aug 10, 2012, 11:59 PM
[Redacted]

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 11, 2012, 12:02 AM
Why?
It's frowned upon see above for details (there's a sticky thread about this)

MadDemon64
Aug 11, 2012, 12:08 AM
It's frowned upon see above for details (sticky thread)

You have given me none.

The Walrus
Aug 11, 2012, 12:11 AM
Just remove the url fool. It's not allowed as the sticky topic says.

By all means keep it if you want to be modded though

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 11, 2012, 12:12 AM
You have given me none.
*removes glasses and rubs eyes* fine..
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194241

MadDemon64
Aug 11, 2012, 12:18 AM
Very well then, it has been removed. Now can someone help me?

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 11, 2012, 12:23 AM
Very well then, it has been removed. Now can someone help me?

I can't help you with the English patch(don't use it) but did you successfully created your account? Did you follow a guide? All ships should be available and the servers are up so it has to do with your account.

Sizustar
Aug 11, 2012, 12:24 AM
There's a thread with various explanation on what each error means, there is also a search function, next time, please use it first.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2745804

Regarding the unofficial game modification, it is best to contact the origional creator and source, as they would be more familiar with it.

MadDemon64
Aug 11, 2012, 12:40 AM
thanks I have already posted on the discussion page for the you-know-what. I think the registration thing is what I needed.
I apologize for anything I did wrong.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 11, 2012, 12:43 AM
thanks I have already posted on the discussion page for the you-know-what. I think the registration thing is what I needed.
I apologize for anything I did wrong.

It's no problem you are new it's kewl :)

I didn't want your thread to be deleted.