PDA

View Full Version : Quick "Story" question..

deadside^
Aug 11, 2012, 01:18 PM
Hi,

I have PSO Episode I & II for the gamecube, in terms of offline mode and the story, is it wise to complete Episode I before starting Episode II?

ie) doing Forest, Caves, Mines, Ruins then starting Episode II?

blace
Aug 11, 2012, 01:20 PM
Episode II is a bit more difficult than I, as for story, episode I isn't really mentioned.

deadside^
Aug 11, 2012, 01:27 PM
But lets say I cleared Episode I then went onto Episode II, are the monsters gunna be super weak because im supposed to be jumping from one to the other?

blace
Aug 11, 2012, 01:29 PM
Levels are fixed, and it depends on the difficulty you're playing at.

deadside^
Aug 11, 2012, 01:34 PM
What do you mean levels are fixed? They adjust to your player level?

Id be doing Ep I on normal then going to Ep II on normal..

TrueChaos
Aug 11, 2012, 01:36 PM
For difficulty, I generally consider it to be:
Forest - Caves/Temple - Mines/S-Ship - CCA - Ruins - Seabed (though on Ultimate, Mines could be moved further down)

deadside^
Aug 11, 2012, 01:52 PM
For difficulty, I generally consider it to be:
Forest - Caves/Temple - Mines/S-Ship - CCA - Ruins - Seabed (though on Ultimate, Mines could be moved further down)

Cheers :)

PSOSilver
Aug 11, 2012, 05:03 PM
Episode II is a bit more difficult than I, as for story, episode I isn't really mentioned.

For the most part it isn't, but at the beginning, provided you read what she is actually saying, she will mention the monsters and the ruins and how you have most likely experienced them all before.

Episode II is definitely more challenging than Episode I. In episode I, hardly any monsters have special things to them. Chaos Sorcerers use techs, Chaos Bringers have a charge and firing special, and Belras can fire their arms, but for the most part it is walk and swing at you.

Meanwhile, in Episode II, there is all that, plus Sinnow robots that can turn invisible, one of them will disarm you, there are turret traps, the Gibbons use techs, there are mini bosses, the main bosses are much more difficult, Delbiters will charge way more than Chaos Bringers, and there are monsters in the Seabed level with an ability similar to Dark Falz, it will glow and become immune to anything but Tech attacks, they can also fire a laser at you as well as hit you close range with prong-like attacks.

I hope this is all you need to know about Episodes I&II. :-)

deadside^
Mar 28, 2014, 10:58 AM
Now how about the difficulty Forest - Caves/Temple - Mines/S-Ship - CCA - Ruins - Seabed but including episode IV from blue burst? :p

mctastee
Apr 4, 2014, 11:44 PM
Now how about the difficulty Forest - Caves/Temple - Mines/S-Ship - CCA - Ruins - Seabed but including episode IV from blue burst? :p

It's been about 6 or 7 years since I have played BB, but I remember episode 4 normal being about as difficult as episode 2 on hard. It starts off easy enough, but the difficulty ramps up really quick in episode 4. Then again, I played hunter.