PDA

View Full Version : How much more content till next level cap increase?

Silver Crow
Aug 11, 2012, 04:14 PM
hi I just want a few wise opinions on some questions:

1) How much content do you think they'll add before they raise level cap?
2) What will the weapon/armor base stat requirements for any class reach up to? (before level cap raise)
3) How long before the levelcap increase and will it be an increase by 10 or 20?

thanks

MailboxJunkie
Aug 11, 2012, 04:23 PM
hi I just want a few wise opinions on some questions:

2) What will the weapon/armor base stat requirements for any class reach up to? (before level cap raise)
3) How long before the levelcap increase and will it be an increase by 10 or 20?

thanks

Next month is the level cap increase, so little to no major content before then.

Every single weapon and armor have their own base stat req's, and you can just check those in game very easily (first tab on the weapon info)

New level cap will be level 50, and it's coming September, so next month.

Silver Crow
Aug 11, 2012, 04:28 PM
Next month is the level cap increase, so little to no major content before then.

Every single weapon and armor have their own base stat req's, and you can just check those in game very easily (first tab on the weapon info)

New level cap will be level 50, and it's coming September, so next month.

you've been so helpful thanks for replying to all my threads <3

Dinosaur
Aug 11, 2012, 04:29 PM

Refer to this link: http://pso2.jp/players/update/20120801/

There are two greyed out "Coming Soon" icons, so there are at least two more things to come this month.

Current highest requirements are

Gunslash: 458 S-Atk, 431 R-Atk, and 250 DEX
Sub-units: 287 DEX

HU weapons: 458 S-Atk, 400 S-Def, and 272 DEX
HU armors: 462 S-Def

RA weapons: 458 R-Atk and 111 DEX
RA armors: 415/422 R-Def

FO weapons: 494 T-Atk and 265 DEX
FO armors: 422 T-Def

Mag-X
Aug 11, 2012, 05:25 PM
I wish they would hurry up. I haven't even finished clearing the mines yet since my main character hit level 40. Seeing all those EXP FULLs just makes me feel like I'm wasting my time.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 11, 2012, 05:44 PM
I wish they would hurry up. I haven't even finished clearing the mines yet since my main character hit level 40. Seeing all those EXP FULLs just makes me feel like I'm wasting my time.

We just got the dragon....

Mag-X
Aug 11, 2012, 05:46 PM
We just got the dragon....

I wish I mean they would hurry up and raise the level cap. Playing now that I've hit level 40 is a waste of time since I get nothing for it.

Mikura
Aug 11, 2012, 05:52 PM
I wish I mean they would hurry up and raise the level cap. Playing now that I've hit level 40 is a waste of time since I get nothing for it.

I kinda agree. I hope they start rolling out the lvl caps faster than this. I understand they wanna drag out the content to keep people interested, but EXP FULL kinda discourages some people from playing.

Zyrusticae
Aug 11, 2012, 06:02 PM
LOLWUT.

I... do not understand this.

There's bunches and bunches of rares to hunt, meseta to gather for cosmetic items, affixing, grinding (YMMV with those, of course)... you have plenty of reasons to keep going at 40. If you honestly do not feel like it's worth even trying just because of that "EXP FULL", chances are you just don't actually enjoy the game all that much in the first place and you've been wasting your time. I mean, wasting it more than you would otherwise.

That's pretty wasteful.

Mikura
Aug 11, 2012, 06:08 PM
LOLWUT.

There's bunches and bunches of rares to hunt, meseta to gather for cosmetic items, affixing, grinding (YMMV with those, of course)... you have plenty of reasons to keep going at 40. If you honestly do not feel like it's worth even trying just because of that "EXP FULL", chances are you just don't actually enjoy the game all that much in the first place and you've been wasting your time. I mean, wasting it more than you would otherwise.

That's pretty wasteful.

Well first of all, very few rares in this game are worth hunting for at the moment.

Second, cosmetics is...just that. Cosmetics.

Lastly, affixing and grinding is fine but everything dies fast enough as it is. So there's no justifiable reason to really pimp out your weapons to the max at the moment. Especially considering everything we have now will be replaced with better gear in the future anyway, rendering all your time and effort spent moot.

By the way, I still play and enjoy the game. But the reasons I stated above is why I can understand some people being turned off to the idea of EXP FULL every day.

Zyrusticae
Aug 11, 2012, 06:25 PM
What makes a rare "worth hunting for"? Why not hunt them all? It's a goal, perhaps an unrealistic one, but a goal nonetheless. There's nothing inherently "worthwhile" in a game like this anyway, because, y'know, it's all a video game.

I don't know about you folks, but cosmetics are my number one reason for playing the game (obviously, the actual game itself is number two). If I could not get my characters to look the way I wanted them to look, I would not have been hooked into the game to begin with.

The gear thing is incredibly silly. There will ALWAYS be better gear on the horizon. So what? That doesn't mean you just up and give up pre-emptively. What kind of attitude is that? As long as the game is up and running and still receiving updates, there will always be better gear. There will ALWAYS be better gear. It will keep on coming, and coming, and coming, and coming, and if you refuse to invest in it just because "there's always something better", you'll be waiting until the end of the game's life cycle (or the heat death of the universe, whichever comes first).

Also, this is a gear hunting game. If that doesn't appeal to you (general you, not specifically you) you may as well quit now, because it's just not going to work out in the end. That is what this game is about.

JeyKama
Aug 11, 2012, 06:32 PM
The whole EXP-FULL thing is a psychological issue. I have no problem hunting rares (I farmed Inferno-mode Azmodan in Diablo 3 long after I hit 60 and decked out my DH pretty nicely) and I love getting some indication that my character is progressing (i.e. xp going up). Personally, my in-game kick is PSE crossbursts, which are virtually impossible to get for some reason now, short of crystal protects.

Seeing EXP-FULL constantly though, is just a constant reminder that half of my enjoyment of the game is shut off to me. At least D3 you stopped seeing xp. If we could just turn off that display...

Zyrusticae
Aug 11, 2012, 06:33 PM
That's a good point. "EXP FULL" should be a toggle-able option as it just serves as negative reinforcement. I don't understand why they put it back in in the first place...

Though I still think it's silly to outright stop playing because of it.

Geistritter
Aug 11, 2012, 06:35 PM
You missed just about every point he made, but I'll address 'em one at a time anyway.

What makes a rare "worth hunting for"? Why not hunt them all? It's a goal, perhaps an unrealistic one, but a goal nonetheless. There's nothing inherently "worthwhile" in a game like this anyway, because, y'know, it's all a video game.

Not everyone wants to. Really simple.

I don't know about you folks, but cosmetics are my number one reason for playing the game (obviously, the actual game itself is number two). If I could not get my characters to look the way I wanted them to look, I would not have been hooked into the game to begin with.

It's also superficial, and some people don't play for such reasons. Cosmetics is dead last as far as enjoyment I get out of this game is concerned, for example. I don't pretend everyone else should feel the same way, though.

The gear thing is incredibly silly. There will ALWAYS be better gear on the horizon. So what? That doesn't mean you just up and give up pre-emptively. What kind of attitude is that? As long as the game is up and running and still receiving updates, there will always be better gear. There will ALWAYS be better gear. It will keep on coming, and coming, and coming, and coming, and if you refuse to invest in it just because "there's always something better", you'll be waiting until the end of the game's life cycle (or the heat death of the universe, whichever comes first).

The point was never "you shouldn't beef up your gear because better stuff looms ahead", but rather "you shouldn't get too worked up about your gear, because the game doesn't pose anywhere near enough of a challenge to merit it". If you want to, fine. Should you feel obligated to so it gives you an edge? No, not really.

Also, this is a gear hunting game. If that doesn't appeal to you (general you, not specifically you) you may as well quit now, because it's just not going to work out in the end. That is what this game is about.

To you, yes, it is. I play it because its mechanics are enjoyable to me, because it feels like an actual game, where reflexes, positioning, good maneuvering, and strategic play actually have a purpose. If a red thing drops, great, except for the fact that it's probably garbage and I'm going to NPC it anyway so it doesn't clog up my limited storage space, and even if it was any good, I'd probably never get it to anywhere near its full potential before tearing my hair out because your chances of success are head-scratchingly brutal.

Your biggest mistake in every single one of your points is that you think the purpose of the game or what you find enjoyable about the game is how everyone else should feel. Not everyone does, period.

Mikura
Aug 11, 2012, 06:38 PM

I agree with you. The problem is unlike the original PSO, most of the rares I see aren't even as good as most 5* weapons you can get. In fact, they're even "worse."

Right now, cosmetics is the only thing this game has going for it. Sure, the rares look cool, but the stats are a bit of a downer. Now you can "make" them better with affixes and souls and by grinding but well...you know...DooDoo.

If and when they start introducing more rares that are actually worth hunting down, then I'll be more inclined to grind for hours on end like I used to in PSO. But right now, the incentive just isn't there.

Edit: Damn my slow posting. Internet connection crapped out on me in the middle of writing this. ;/

Valymer
Aug 11, 2012, 06:44 PM
Lastly, affixing and grinding is fine but everything dies fast enough as it is. So there's no justifiable reason to really pimp out your weapons to the max at the moment.

This is exactly my problem with the whole system. Stuff dies instantly in MPAs, which are really the only thing worth doing if you are trying to get decent loot, so why bother?

In other MMOs, there were always areas that you could technically go to but you would die fast because you didn't have the top items. You NEEDED those items to have a chance to survive there. Nothing exists like that in this game, and I don't think the addition of Very Hard is going to change that a whole lot (although I'm secretly hoping it does).

It's not a question of farming the rares, it's a question of...why? I mean, I still do it, but it makes me question my sanity every once in a while (OK, often)

Geistritter
Aug 11, 2012, 06:50 PM
This game shoots for the lowest common denominator pretty obviously. It's extremely unlikely the difficulty is ever going to rise, lest the developers feel they risk scaring off those that flee at the slightest hint of trouble.

And given how consistently the random people I come across with in the very rare instances I play with them aren't particularly good at the game, it seems the developers' fears may be well-founded, but on the other hand, the game coddles you so much, they don't really have to be any good, either.

Zyrusticae
Aug 11, 2012, 06:57 PM
Some good points, but you shouldn't assume that I'm saying everyone should feel the same way I do just because I am stating my opinion.

I still fail to see how it is debatable that this is a gear hunting game, however. Huge chunks of the game are pretty much devoted to it (grinding, affixing, my shop, loot lists for individual missions). What's debatable is how much of a priority that is to you, and if it's a low priority, then the only other things that can keep you are the cosmetics or the actual gameplay. If none of these pan out for you, then you have no reason to play and thus there is nothing to discuss, right?

I just find it intensely galling somehow that there's honestly people who just shut down at the sight of "EXP FULL". If that's enough, clearly the game just doesn't offer enough to you in the first place.

Mikura
Aug 11, 2012, 07:07 PM
Some good points, but you shouldn't assume that I'm saying everyone should feel the same way I do just because I am stating my opinion.

I still fail to see how it is debatable that this is a gear hunting game, however. Huge chunks of the game are pretty much devoted to it (grinding, affixing, my shop, loot lists for individual missions). What's debatable is how much of a priority that is to you, and if it's a low priority, then the only other things that can keep you are the cosmetics or the actual gameplay. If none of these pan out for you, then you have no reason to play and thus there is nothing to discuss, right?

I just find it intensely galling somehow that there's honestly people who just shut down at the sight of "EXP FULL". If that's enough, clearly the game just doesn't offer enough to you in the first place.

Speaking on behalf of myself, gear hunting for me "at this point in time" is a very low priority to me due to the facts I stated above. The rares just simply aren't worth it "unless" cosmetics is all you care about. Which if that's the case, more power to you.

If and when they introduce more rares that are actually worth getting (which in my case would be rares that have really solid stats and far surpass the good 5* weapons) THEN gear hunting will shoot straight up to the top on my priority list.

Until that day arrives though, it's mostly just lvling other jobs that's keeping me motivated to play. That, and friends of course.

Geistritter
Aug 11, 2012, 07:07 PM

It was the way you stated it that gave that impression, regardless of your intent; you stated your opinions as if they were fact.

I still fail to see how it is debatable that this is a gear hunting game, however.

That would be part of the problem.

Huge chunks of the game are pretty much devoted to it (grinding, affixing, my shop, loot lists for individual missions). What's debatable is how much of a priority that is to you, and if it's a low priority, then the only other things that can keep you are the cosmetics or the actual gameplay. If none of these pan out for you, then you have no reason to play and thus there is nothing to discuss, right?

None of those things directly relate to hunting for gear; they all relate to improving what you're using, sure, but the actual search is merely an aspect of the game, while calling it the point of the game is purely a matter of opinion, whether or not you agree. Indeed, because so much of the unique equipment is for novelty at best, you could just as easily argue hunting for gear is an afterthought, while the gameplay, where the vast majority of the improvements to the game have been made, is the actual point.

Well, for one of my friends in particular, it adds to a sense of futility. Much of the gear's stat requirements well exceed what a character can naturally attain, meaning you're hosed with paying real money unless you foresaw such a thing, the Affix and grinding system are pointlessly vicious and a massive money sink, next to nothing of actual value drops to fund that massive sink, and on top of all of it, he doesn't even get the satisfaction of his level going up because of the developers' inane insistence on setting the cap so low. Honestly, I can't blame him, even if I still find reasons to play every now and again because, as I said, I actually like playing it.

DoubleCannon
Aug 11, 2012, 07:20 PM
I am level 40 and have been for a very long time. What have I been doing that I find more enjoyment? Well before the new 9* partisan I hunted down the spardion, Goal then was to add abilities to make it awesome, getting it to +10, not quite there at +8 lol. Next goal was to go for the awesome HU units, got 2/3 parts and working on getting the abilities I want on them.

Doing this has been annoying but fun at the same time, when I had the shop pass for 3 days the game became very enjoyable since I could sell so much stuff which I did. Since then I have been dying to win another shop pass lol but I am saving the good items I have been finding ready to sell them.

So I have had my ups and downs and I to could really use that level cap + new class / advance class which starts at level 1 so I can have alot to work on again. But rare / item grinding to sell and atempt to make insane gear for your self has been enjoyable for me. Give that a try? If no go and all that matters is EXP, you may want to wait for the level cap lol.

Zyrusticae
Aug 11, 2012, 08:13 PM
It was the way you stated it that gave that impression, regardless of your intent; you stated your opinions as if they were fact.
Um, re-reading my post, I still don't see it.

I asked why rare hunting in and of itself is an inadequate goal. I made no statement of fact, other than the obvious (videogames, yo!).

I said, for me personally, cosmetics is a high priority. Never said it applied to anyone else.

Then I addressed the issue of "[...]everything we have now will be replaced with better gear in the future anyway, rendering all your time and effort spent moot.", which wasn't so much a statement of fact as much as an assertion that it is a silly reason to not pursue gear (though I glossed over the first part, yes). Which is, again, an opinion.

Doesn't feel so good to think I'm being misrepresented. Gives me no choice but to try to defend myself.

[spoiler-box]None of those things directly relate to hunting for gear; they all relate to improving what you're using, sure, but the actual search is merely an aspect of the game, while calling it the point of the game is purely a matter of opinion, whether or not you agree. Indeed, because so much of the unique equipment is for novelty at best, you could just as easily argue hunting for gear is an afterthought, while the gameplay, where the vast majority of the improvements to the game have been made, is the actual point.
---
Well, for one of my friends in particular, it adds to a sense of futility. Much of the gear's stat requirements well exceed what a character can naturally attain, meaning you're hosed with paying real money unless you foresaw such a thing, the Affix and grinding system are pointlessly vicious and a massive money sink, next to nothing of actual value drops to fund that massive sink, and on top of all of it, he doesn't even get the satisfaction of his level going up because of the developers' inane insistence on setting the cap so low. Honestly, I can't blame him, even if I still find reasons to play every now and again because, as I said, I actually like playing it.[/spoiler-box]
This is true.

Allow me to rephrase. Even if the gear is not necessarily why you play the game, the gear is invariably something you spend a lot of your time working on, even if it's only to keep up with the enemies. In terms of time spent and in terms of how much space it takes up in every respect (how much of the disk space that the game takes up are just weapons and units?), it's a pretty big chunk of the game. (For me, since I'm so into the cosmetic part of it, just having a good-looking rare is often enough.)

But of course, you do have the problem where rares are designed specifically to be better than 5* uncommons only after being heavily ground and affixed, which runs you into the aforementioned wall. So either the rares should be buffed a bit at the low end, or the grinding and affix systems need a looking at.

...You know, that just makes it all the more disappointing that the grinding/affix systems are so out-of-whack. Surely there's some JP players who are as vocal about this as we are? Anyone with a decent amount of gray matter is going to realize how horribly unfair this system really is in very short order. Creating a healthy economy for My Shop is one thing (as these systems serve as both huge item AND money sinks); creating a masochistic system that makes people want to ragequit is not a worthy trade-off.

Ezodagrom
Aug 11, 2012, 09:05 PM
I've been lvl 40 for a while now, and that didn't stop me from playing and enjoying the game. I've been mostly doing client orders and completing the matterboard once I reached lvl 40, and, when I deliver client orders, I switch to another class so that different class gains the exp reward from the client order. ^^

GoldenFalcon
Aug 11, 2012, 09:09 PM
Current highest requirements are

Gunslash: 250 257 DEX (not a big difference to worry about)

HU armors: 431 (462) S-Def
RA armors: 374/407 (457) R-Def
FO armors: 422 (457) T-Def

I would suggest against going for tier 3 beta's though (the parentheses)

Ueno54
Aug 11, 2012, 10:35 PM
LOLWUT.

That's pretty wasteful.

Only problem with the rares we have to hunt is some of them require you to build a mag just to wear them and it's the reason the new Quartz armors go for like 4k on the market instead of 400k. If they were less frustrating to equip people would happily farm them.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 11, 2012, 10:39 PM
Only problem with the rares we have to hunt is some of them require you to build a mag just to wear them and it's the reason the new Quartz armors go for like 4k on the market instead of 400k. If they were less frustrating to equip people would happily farm them.

The new Bloom set is better anyway

Valymer
Aug 11, 2012, 10:45 PM
The new Bloom set is better anyway

How do you figure?

GoldenFalcon
Aug 11, 2012, 10:46 PM
How do you figure?

Female Newmans can equip it without needing 40 magic defense on their mag, and it has high striking defense :D

Macman
Aug 11, 2012, 10:47 PM
"EXP FULL" hasn't bothered me in the slightest, because I'm still getting meseta so I'll be ready to buy all the new swag that comes in the future.

Been Ranger lv40 for a long time, haven't focused much on other classes at all (giving all my CO EXP to hunter though) and still having a lot of fun.

Valymer
Aug 11, 2012, 10:49 PM
Requirements-wise, I agree with you, but the quartz set has higher values for the other two defenses, and +45hp more bonus with all three.

But yeah it's nice equipping it without T-Def on the mag.

Reyva
Aug 11, 2012, 10:58 PM
Eh first toon hit 40 long long ago. Like others, seeing that EXP Full all the time just bothered the crap out of me so I just leveled other characters. But thats getting boring now lol.

The whole rare hunting aspect as of right now for me is not that great. Besides the getting that rare to +10, the difference damage wise is not enough for me. And I could care less about how it looks.

However, in PSU for example, hunting those Psycho Wands were worth it. So even if I was at level cap in PSU, I had motivation and "drive." And when I got that P-wand at 8 or 9 /10, it was all the more worth it. Don't have that kinda drive in PSO2 right now (THough I would like to see what a p-wand would look like in pso2).

I also think the other problem besides that is the whole "no end" thing because everyone will just stay in one area and grind and whatnot. Can't really do any speed runs like I used to do with people or by myself. You can, but there really isn't any point to it right now really. And you do have time attack but.......bleh no comment.

So yeah, I typically just get the 5 star weapons or whatever except on my ranger which has the rappy launcher at 10. Its just not worth it right now to be sportin the rares unless you really really want it and don't mind grinding to +10 on it even if what you already have is more than enough.

Fashion? Lol. Fashion is usually another best seller along with pay to win stuff in a f2p cash shop, but I really don't care about it like I used to. Mainly because cast parts are so cheap so I can get whatever I want for cheap.

Difficulty. Right now, most stuff is a joke to me. I'm hoping this will change in the future. I do however, acknowledge that some people have trouble. In other words, all I'm trying to say is that there needs to be point in partying like in PSO/PSU.

When even with only 4 people in a MPA whom destroy everything fast, it just makes me want to auto follow. No fun, but I get to leech so np. Just sayin, I don't recall doing that in PSO/PSU. However, some of you, mainly forces, will recall us Fortefighters just "jabroning" the area and not being able to get any hits in haha (its a axe pa).

However, I only enjoy PSO2 for its combat system and the fact that I don't have to play as a skanky human like the other 3048304830843 games. Rare hunting and fashion is just a bonus. If the combat sucks then the game is a automatic loss for me. Could have the best rares and fashion in the world.

Anyways, PSO2 has its flaws like PSU did when it first started. Hopefully things will get better as time goes on. But for now, I've been on a break from this game until the new classes come out. I have leveled way too many toons and too many classes. I'm totally burnt out on this game.

Arika
Aug 11, 2012, 11:14 PM

1. First of all, I kind of agree with you on the rare hunt, I always feel that level cap is only just the begining of my real play. I always hurry to level cap first before I could start doing the real meseta farm, rare hunting, and finish all client order.

2. But this is what I 'd be against you. You have your goal, I also have similar goal on hunting, but that doesn't mean we can force those goal into other people. Some players may have goal to just cap level only. It is their choice.

3. Let me tell people who complain about EXP full. Actually this system that show EXP full number is an requested by players who said that it is hard to know if monster already death or not from far without the yellow icon up. it would be best if it can turn On/Off, but by my experience in PSU where there isn't exp full. I really prefer it to show exp full this way.

4. Last is about MMO in general, Most of the game has slow lv cap raising system, some take months, some take years. It is very common to any big project MMO, and I think every MMO core players already get used to it. Unless it is portable, or it is a game that developer doesn't have long term goal with it, they not gonna allow large level gap between players at start Because it is bad management to allow players population to split into so many different level of accessible contents. Hardcore group who played a lot will quit early when they reach the true cap that could never raise more (the feeling of exp full at true cap is much worse than exp full in soft cap), and thus, they 'd lose customer who would always stay and playing for long period per days. It is also make content implement much harder, because they need to add content to satisfy both the top one and low one, which could be in huge different gap. Market system will also be a big flaw when you could always level up without stopping in some cap for a long time. All the advantage and wealthy in meseta will also go into the first few % that reach ultimate mode first, because they get access to all best equipment and sell them to all lowbie. Therefore, there will be a marathon of long level race for those people who want to take the advantage. Market will also be easy monopolize that way. Which is why if you see the game that has full game at start like PSO, they will not allow a good market system. It will be same style as PSPo2 with no trade-able rare at all to keep everybody on their own ground. Or Monster hunter console version with bad online manage system, and no real content addition. (those are example of online game that the developer doesn't plan for long term update. Usually you won't see anymore content update in those game after 1 year.) but for any major project that is plan for 5 years+ scale. soft level cap is the right choice. (example FF11 FF14 WOW PSU PSO2 DQ10) I admit that lv 40 cap is kind of low, but I think they do this because they want players to try multiple classes. Also, a lot of MMO like to start their first cap at 50. 40 isn't much different to that.

In MMO nowadays, level cap is only just start. hardcore player spend 1% of play time to cap, and play 99% more while having exp full. If you could think it like this and keep going. you will do fine. If not, then just find some other game to play while you wait for level cap unlock then.