PDA

View Full Version : Hitting the "What's the Point?" Wall

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 11, 2012, 05:36 PM
Anyone else stop playing PSO2 already? I was going hard at it until recently. I hit lvl 40 but kept on playing, completing client orders and feeding the exp to the other two classes. Some people started thinking the game was not worth the time and effort at level 40, but it took more than that for me.

I stopped feeling like the game was worth my time with the talks of potential ip bans. Can't shake the feeling that any more time spent ingame would be wasted, because of the potential to lose access to my character. Even if it never happens, it's enough to make me not want to play.

Anyone else hit the wall with PSO2 yet?

DeathByPogs
Aug 11, 2012, 05:38 PM
Not yet. Got to 40 on my hunter, then made a ranger and got her to 40. Now I'm doing force. Hopefully before i get him to 40 the level cap will increase to keep me going.

supersonix9
Aug 11, 2012, 05:39 PM
Still not going to really judge the game completely until January when the Road Map is complete. I mean, they're adding 3 new classes, sub classes, 2 areas, 5 weapon types, rare mobs, costumes, team rooms, 50 level cap, very hard mode, etc. Way too much content on the way for me to really tell how the game will be.

I still feel like the game is in a development stage.

Polly
Aug 11, 2012, 05:40 PM
Come whatever may, I'm having fun until (IF) they decide to stop me. I got friends to play with and have a fantastic time with them, and I'd rather be enjoying my time than worrying about the big bad IP ban bogeyman. Just ain't care!

It's a game. I've had fun and met a number of fantastic people. They'll be there in the future, even if the game for some reason or another isn't. Stop worrying about it and you'll enjoy yourself more.

Also, didn't you already quit to wait for the US/EU servers? What's the point of this topic other than maybe starting another pointless 100-page debate?

The Walrus
Aug 11, 2012, 05:41 PM
I'm still gonna be playing this until the day they IP ban us.

Mikura
Aug 11, 2012, 05:42 PM
I'm going to keep playing. I still have other classes to level, and whether or not I get IP banned in the future doesn't bother me. I'll just play something else until the US release. Until then, if and when an IP ban ever occurs, I might as well enjoy the game now while it's here and available to me.

Geistritter
Aug 11, 2012, 05:45 PM
Your time is wasted regardless, depending on how you look at it. If your reason for playing is to progress, rather than that you're actually enjoying yourself while playing, then maybe it's best to move on anyway, at least for now.

Halcyote
Aug 11, 2012, 05:46 PM
i feel like we've seen this thread before...

Mikura
Aug 11, 2012, 05:48 PM
Your time is wasted regardless, depending on how you look at it. If your reason for playing is to progress, rather than that you're actually enjoying yourself while playing, then maybe it's best to move on anyway, at least for now.

^ This. I forgot to mention in my first post as well that if you decide to stop playing because you fear of getting IP banned, then how is that any different from actually being IP banned to begin with? In both scenarios, you aren't playing the game anymore, are you? So I don't see the point in even worrying about it.

Mystil
Aug 11, 2012, 05:49 PM
Sure I have, but it's not related to the ip ban talks, which doesn't worry me in the slightest.

Quatre52
Aug 11, 2012, 05:52 PM
Considering the only people actually saying the words "IP ban" are a handful of people around here who seem to like to assume, or simply like to scare the rest of the community...No.

I'm loving the game, made 3 characters so far, one at 40, one at 29, and the other is only 5. New levels keep coming out, missions to go with them too. We have a lot of content for this early in a PSO game, should only get better from here.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 11, 2012, 05:52 PM
Also, didn't you already quit to wait for the US/EU servers? What's the point of this topic other than maybe starting another pointless 100-page debate?

I never said that, I said I was looking forward to the new servers.

Xenoguner
Aug 11, 2012, 05:53 PM
I can see the specific reason that Kimil addressed being an issue to some. That reason hit me for sure. I only hit lvl 40 on one class, slowly building the others up. However, not sure about anyone else, but I have no friends to play with, so my reason playing was purely for some good ol PS goodness, so that alone, for me, detracts alot, coupled with the possibility of ip bans, AND that theres just gonna be an english release down the road.

But Im an english kind of guy, so I'll feel better supporting the official us release. Thats just me though o.o

Zyrusticae
Aug 11, 2012, 05:56 PM
I haven't hit such a point with the game itself, but I have hit a wall with the accursed RNG systems that seem to absolutely despise my very being. Honestly, they're freakin' terrible! I refuse to even try the affix system anymore, just too much damn grief from that...

The Walrus
Aug 11, 2012, 05:57 PM
I'm so glad I only tried the Affix system once.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 11, 2012, 05:58 PM
I'd rather stick till I'm ip banned

Garnet_Moon
Aug 11, 2012, 05:59 PM
Ask SoJ if they hit the "What's the point?" wall. The game has been out a month and we already have an entire zone of re-colors. Hell, the mini boss is a blue Caterdran... oh wait, I'm sorry. It's a blue "Caterdransa". Can't forget the "sa" at the end. So original.

Mikura
Aug 11, 2012, 05:59 PM
I haven't hit such a point with the game itself, but I have hit a wall with the accursed RNG systems that seem to absolutely despise my very being. Honestly, they're freakin' terrible! I refuse to even try the affix system anymore, just too much damn grief from that...

I have a friend that's been playing less and less because of the affix system. He spent a ton of money and got little to nowhere with DooDoo. Since he's capped his classes too, there's little incentive for him to keep playing at the moment.

I haven't personally gotten to that point, but I can see where that would turn some people off from playing right now.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 11, 2012, 06:03 PM
Ask SoJ if they hit the "What's the point?" wall. The game has been out a month and we already have an entire zone of re-colors. Hell, the mini boss is a blue Caterdran... oh wait, I'm sorry. It's a blue "Caterdransa". Can't forget the "sa" at the end. So original.

Oh wow, that's really bad. I haven't even got to the boss yet. Is it really that blatant?

Xenoguner
Aug 11, 2012, 06:04 PM
Its funny you mentioned that, I remember psu being 20% original, 70% reskins of mostly monsters, some areas, and even bosses (dont know where the other 10% went >.>), yet we all still played them like crazy reguardless. I guess we were expecting more than just the "reskin" treatement when it comes to a new game, (especially reskin spam up the wazoo), but it doesnt seem to be likely at this point...

But again, TOO EARLY to judge the whole, just stating an obvservation >.<

RocSage
Aug 11, 2012, 06:07 PM
i understand where you are coming from...
The game's story hasn't progressed
The cap feels too lower for the difficulty level
The enemies i feel are broken by either being too easy or just far too frustrating due to their movement level.
The idea of difficulty is sorta pointless when the advanced areas aren't in normal mode.
The gear is worthless as it is is either unequipable, or requires you to unbalance yourself, or it simply isn't worth it. The only way you can get equipment better than 5* model 2 weapons is to spend an inordinate amount of money to buy a pre-ground item or attempt to grind and keep on going up and down repeatedly which makes it not worthwhile to try after a while.

Once you hit the lvl 40 cap you are pretty much cut off from progress and the rares aren't worthwhile if you don't find grinding the least bit interesting.

So yeah there is really nothing left to do for a majority of people once you get there and thus get bored, but generally that's ok with Freemium game cuz you can come and go as you please.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 11, 2012, 06:09 PM
Oh wow, that's really bad. I haven't even got to the boss yet. Is it really that blatant?

The actual boss doesn't even load sometimes... it's just invisible. Whether it's working as intended, I don't know, but it sure is annoying running into an invisible dragon that can one-shot an entire MPA full of people in a single hit... and NOT even see it coming. lol

SaiKo
Aug 11, 2012, 06:12 PM
Its funny you mentioned that, I remember psu being 20% original, 70% reskins of mostly monsters, some areas, and even bosses (dont know where the other 10% went >.>), yet we all still played them like crazy reguardless.

By "them" you mean "White Beast and Event Missions," no? >_>

Anyway... I hit that wall fairly early on, but it was pretty obvious I was going to since I never really enjoyed the crux of the game. Don't like the focus on disconnected missions or nonstop kill-a-thons, so there would have to be a goal to pursue to overcome that. And since the rare system is rubbish in my eyes, I latched onto the one thing the game excels at: character customization. So I've just trudged through the levels as a means to an end to buy and unlock accessory tickets. But with what the price of everything is jumping to, it's squarely hit the "not really worth it" level to me. I can only stand to play until I hit 1ØØK or so each day at this point, so... yeah. :-/

GreenArcher
Aug 11, 2012, 06:13 PM
For once I'm playing a MMO because it's fun, not worrying about my exp tnl, not worrying about loot. This game is great.

Mikura
Aug 11, 2012, 06:14 PM
The slinky dragon reskin is disappointing, I'll grant you that. But I'm going to wait before I cry "PSU!" all over again. I was expecting the Quartz Dragon to be a Vol Dragon reskin and to my pleasant surprise, it wasn't. Just because we have one reskin already doesn't necessarily mean that's going to be the norm from now on.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 11, 2012, 06:16 PM
For once I'm playing a MMO because it's fun, not worrying about my exp tnl, not worrying about loot. This game is great.

You know, you're right
I actually have a lot of fun playing the game. I should really just calm the fuck down and play.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 11, 2012, 06:18 PM
The slinky dragon reskin is disappointing, I'll grant you that. But I'm going to wait before I cry "PSU!" all over again. I was expecting the Quartz Dragon to be a Vol Dragon reskin and to my pleasant surprise, it wasn't. Just because we have one reskin already doesn't necessarily mean that's going to be the norm from now on.
The problem with PSU was it was bound to a console with very severe limitations. No HDD. They had to load everything from the disk. The PC version suffered for this and it's why we ended up with simple recolors because they could only fit so much on that disk.

I don't understand why we have them in PSO2, barely a month after launch, when we DO NOT have console limitations.

Mikura
Aug 11, 2012, 06:18 PM
You know, you're right
I actually have a lot of fun playing the game. I should really just calm the fuck down and play.

Amen to that.

sugarFO
Aug 11, 2012, 06:19 PM
I think they're doing the reskins because they want to tie in the planets inhabitants together? They also added new monsters which I think are cool. The floating big mouth darker things are pretty neat.

I play because I farm meseta in the hopes of them releasing an awesome costume or weapon that I want. That's what keeps me going. Finding rares is a bonus. But just coming home and relaxing and killing in a big multiparty is just fun to me.

Mikura
Aug 11, 2012, 06:22 PM
The problem with PSU was it was bound to a console with very severe limitations. No HDD. They had to load everything from the disk. The PC version suffered for this and it's why we ended up with simple recolors because they could only fit so much on that disk.

I don't understand why we have them in PSO2, barely a month after launch, when we DO NOT have console limitations.

I don't know either unless it's just laziness or lack of originality on their part.

But to be honest, I haven't played any MMO that "didn't" have a reskin at some point in time or another. I'm not saying it gives them the right to do it, but it's certainly not a sin unique to PSU or this game.

Edit: SugarFo has a point as well.

Xaeris
Aug 11, 2012, 06:23 PM
The thing that bugs me about the Caterdran reskin is that, if you really think about it, it doesn't even make sense. Consider, it's a rather large wyrm that gets around by burrowing. How or why would it make its habitat in a bunch of floating islands? How does it get around?! Seriously, it's dumb, and I can't prevent my eyes from rolling into the back of my skull whenever they show up.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 11, 2012, 06:24 PM
I hope they add those floating eyeball things to the coastal stage/s/... they seem more like they'd fit there than in the sky~

I can't prevent my eyes from rolling into the back of my skull whenever they show up.
Ahe~

Zyrusticae
Aug 11, 2012, 06:29 PM
You know, you're right
My thoughts exactly.

I play because I farm meseta in the hopes of them releasing an awesome costume or weapon that I want. That's what keeps me going. Finding rares is a bonus. But just coming home and relaxing and killing in a big multiparty is just fun to me.
Also this.

jooozek
Aug 11, 2012, 06:29 PM
Quartz Dragon is the shit.

Zyrusticae
Aug 11, 2012, 06:31 PM
Damn straight. Best boss I've fought in ages.

Gotta love that fighter jet-style movement.

supersonix9
Aug 11, 2012, 06:33 PM
Still waiting for a Seabeds/Jungle/Seaside/Central remake.

HFlowen
Aug 11, 2012, 06:45 PM
The game needs more challenge maps and/or time attack maps to spice it up.

Mikura
Aug 11, 2012, 06:53 PM
The game needs more challenge maps and/or time attack maps to spice it up.

Sponsored events like the ones they held on PSU would be nice as well.

And the way they have the lobbies set up with all the TV screens, they could easily plaster the event banners all over the place.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 11, 2012, 07:14 PM
Sponsored events like the ones they held on PSU would be nice as well.

And the way they have the lobbies set up with all the TV screens, they could easily plaster the event banners all over the place.

For some reasons the TV screens are always blank on my screen.
Off topic, but still.

Ueno54
Aug 11, 2012, 07:14 PM

I think Vol could take it 1 on 1.

Sizustar
Aug 11, 2012, 07:16 PM
I think Vol could take it 1 on 1.

So...a Boss collesium?
Where player can bet on fights of monster.
Dark Ragne vs. Quartz Dragon vs. Vol Dragon?

Zyrusticae
Aug 11, 2012, 07:17 PM
That would be glorious.

While we're at it, why not something outrageous like 3 Tranmizer vs. Big Vardha? Haha!

Mikura
Aug 11, 2012, 07:18 PM
For some reasons the TV screens are always blank on my screen.
Off topic, but still.

Not like you're missing out on much anyway. I was hoping they'd occasionally change up what's displayed on them though. I've seen that PSO2 intro looped so many times, I don't even pay any attention to it anymore.

SaiKo
Aug 11, 2012, 07:34 PM
Honestly, the TV screens constantly showing the intro is part of why the ARKs ship really feels like a bad Playstation Home space to me. >_>

Sizustar
Aug 11, 2012, 07:35 PM
Honestly, the TV screens constantly showing the intro is part of why the ARKs ship really feels like a bad Playstation Home space to me. >_>

You can just turn it off~

Enforcer MKV
Aug 11, 2012, 07:36 PM
That would be glorious.

While we're at it, why not something outrageous like 3 Tranmizer vs. Big Vardha? Haha!

Or better yet, all that, PLUS you have the option of jumping in yourself and fighting them in one huge battle roya-

OMG, make it possible for multiple groups to jump in, kinda like MPAs!

GOOD GRIEF, THAT'D BE GODLY!

ScottyMango
Aug 11, 2012, 07:53 PM
Towards the Future/Respective Tomorrow plzplzplzplz

jooozek
Aug 11, 2012, 07:59 PM
I feel like I'm playing a demo when I see the EXP FULL 8-)

ScottyMango
Aug 11, 2012, 08:03 PM
I agree with you for once.

"EXP FULL" is one of the most terrible things about PSO2 to me. I really, really wish the level cap were just a bit higher. The content to player-level ratio is wayyy off.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 11, 2012, 08:09 PM
I agree with you for once.

"EXP FULL" is one of the most terrible things about PSO2 to me. I really, really wish the level cap were just a bit higher. The content to player-level ratio is wayyy off.

I didn't realize we've been disagreeing on everything prior to this.

ScottyMango
Aug 11, 2012, 08:16 PM
I was talking to Jooozek, lol. I don't believe I've ever outwardly disagreed with you.

Zyrusticae
Aug 11, 2012, 08:18 PM
I still think "EXP FULL" is a silly thing to latch onto. It's annoying, yes, and there really should be a toggle for the display of it, but you're going to see a lot of "EXP FULL" eventually no matter what they put the level cap at.

It's also worth noting that the time needed to hit level 40 is considerably higher than any of the previous games.

When it comes right down to it, though, the simple truth is that there is not a single game on the planet that you can expect to keep you entertained indefinitely. This is even more true now than before, simply due to the fact that, most likely, you have already spent hundreds or thousands of hours on other, similar games and the novelty factor is already long, LONG gone.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 11, 2012, 08:20 PM
I was talking to Jooozek, lol. I don't believe I've ever outwardly disagreed with you.

Oh, my bad. Lets keep our disagreements under the surface then ;D

Angelo
Aug 11, 2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I'm at a point where I wish I could just buy meseta with AC...

Polly
Aug 11, 2012, 09:26 PM

Yep. I've pretty much given up on it this point. I'll just save up and buy stuff that's as close to what I want as possible. If people don't want me in their groups because I'm not super twinked out and am doing 12 points of damage less than I could be doing, their loss. I'm awesome, and if they don't wanna play with me they're the one making a terrible life decision. ;D

GoldenFalcon
Aug 11, 2012, 09:34 PM
I have my first character that has maxed Ranger, then started leveling up Hunter (39.8 right now)
Concurrently, I used my extra beta account to make a guy on Ship 2 (currently Hunter 33.5) and just yesterday, got the feeling that Hunter wasn't that fun anymore, since I have been playing Hunter on both characters simultaneously, lol
So I'll be making a Force sometime soon, although I'm waiting to see what Techer is like, and for a boss soul that is Magic Power/PP >:

MAXrobo
Aug 11, 2012, 09:34 PM
Iv kinda gotten to that wall as well. being lvl 40 on all classes and having (almost) every order mission to complete.... there just doesnt feel like a good reason to keep playing, at least until the next big update.

Arika
Aug 11, 2012, 10:20 PM
Anyone else stop playing PSO2 already? I was going hard at it until recently.

Weren't you the same person who posted "See you in EU/NA server" ? (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199550)
I thought you would stop playing since the day you post that you won't play already.

Anyway your last thread was "potential IP-ban let's see each other at Eu/NA" which is pretty much similar to what you asked in this thread "potential IP ban make me not want to play in jp server "

condiments
Aug 11, 2012, 10:26 PM
I suppose the free to play nature of the game allows you to check back in quite painlessly with the release of new content updates with little trouble. Personally I would have liked to seen more extensive content in the game at the release, but its not entirely a big deal. There are tons of other games to play and things to do in the mean time(like Guild wars 2).

Ark22
Aug 12, 2012, 01:37 AM
This is what I do.

*hooks up ps3 controller*

*logs on*

*says hi on team chat*

*walks around the lobby for 3 minutes*

*brain tells me I am doing nothing*

*gets off*

Then I repeat the next day.

Blackheart521
Aug 12, 2012, 01:42 AM
Sometimes I just log on once a day to get my FUN and Good Job 10 friends... that way at least I'm getting something, I usually binge whenever new content comes out though. ^^;

Ryo
Aug 12, 2012, 01:59 AM
Lately I've been logging in for a short period a day to collect my FUN and go. I played through floating islands, but I don't really want any of the rares from it. The wired lances look nice, but are far weaker than my current set.

I'm basically waiting for a level cap bump. Though sometimes I have fun switching to FO and grinding out XP.

NeoRydia
Aug 12, 2012, 03:37 AM
I don't understand why everyone is worried about "IP bans".

If they do resort to that it wont actually be an "IP ban" they will just put up region blocking, which is different. Everyone's accounts will almost surely still be working fine in that situation and won't actually be "banned".

You just will not be able to access said account anymore outside of Japan. Of-course using a VPN will allow you to go back on your account and play as nothing had happened.

So no one is going to lose anything if Sega does start *Region Blocking*. Yes a lot of people may not want to use a VPN to play or whatever and that is completely understandable.

I just think people throwing around the term "IP ban" is causing a lot of misconceptions and worry over something that isn't that serious.

Anyways back to the main topic. I have gotten all classes to 40 awhile ago, completed all matterboards and am getting close to finishing all the client orders. And I am no where near ready to quit playing. ^^

ShadowDragon28
Aug 12, 2012, 04:02 AM
Too bad for you OP.

I've been playing since the closed second Alpha and the Closed Beta...

Playing just for fun, playing leasurely for these nearly 6(?) weeks, just got to lvl 32, and JUST unlocked snowy forest&tundra and still have a dozen client orders left to complete and having a lot of damn fun. I'm in no rush to level to 40, or burn through all client orders. If I hit lvl 40, then I'll switch to Force just for fun and wait for the level cap raise and for them to add new areas/client orders/ what not. But I'm having a blast. If I need a little break I go and play Xenoblade Chronicles, or Metroid Prime 2 (on the Metroid Prime Trilogy collection) on my Wii , or play Ys: Oath in Felghana on my PC.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 12, 2012, 04:15 AM
I hit lv 40 on all 3 accounts 2 weeks ago, they were all fun to play :P.

What's keeping me going atm is my desire to own an Ardillo. Ive been at it for god knows how long now and all i keep getting is the crappy pink wire lances from the fodrans. Ill find it eventually though (or save up for it in the process, w/e comes first).

And Im also waiting for the cap bounce and new classes. Subclasses will also give me some more diversity which is always welcome.

Ithildin
Aug 12, 2012, 04:17 AM
Not hit the wall yet. Only lv 21. I don't have the time to play that some others do. It was the same for me on PSU, content updates didn't bother me as much because I rarely level capped and therefore still had lots to do. Heaven forbid it but a solution may be to slow down a bit? Play another game in between PSO2? Or perhaps go do something else?

DemonMike
Aug 12, 2012, 04:36 AM
Been playing since Closed Beta. I haven't hit the wall yet, but I feel that over the last couple of weeks I've been decelerating to soften the blow of hitting said wall.

I think this game could have benefited with having an activity implemented that gives you a break from the main experience so a while, like a casino or an improved Gallons Shop mini game selection etc.

But right now, every thing adds up to the same activity. Boy I wish the matter board had a different form than what it does, maybe then I'd have the motivation to clear it.

But over all, I've got a good total of roughly 400 hours spanned across release and all the tests I had participated in at the expense of 10,000 yen and I can't really argue with that value! Especially when there's more to come.

Flame
Aug 12, 2012, 04:48 AM
I've been playing since the closed beta and am lv 25 and am already bored. The game feels cheap and repetitive. Its not as simple as suggesting I just not play if I don't like it; I've been waiting ten years for this game! I mean, I've played great games before and this is not one of them. A 6/10 quality title at best so far. I'd like to just wait for more content(as I'm sure many will suggest) but I have to get to lv 35 or so to unlock the new content anyway! The game has a lot of really bad design decisions in general. The combat is pretty fun though! And screw the people in advance who will just accuse me of being a whiner. Don't settle for something that is obviously second rate!

RocSage
Aug 12, 2012, 05:03 AM
Read or listen to a book.
I read like 8 comics a week.
Listen to a few hours of pods casts
I've also been reading lots of Sci-fi classics such as Last and First Men, The Rama series, Fountains of Paradise, Contact, etc

If you do things other than just play games for fun you don't burn out as quickly.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 12, 2012, 05:06 AM
And how was PSO ver1, vers 2, Ep 1& II, Blueburst and re-doing Towards the Future quest ad-infinitum not repeatative?

GoldenFalcon
Aug 12, 2012, 05:11 AM
And how was PSO ver1, vers 2, Ep 1& II, Blueburst and re-doing Towards the Future quest ad-infinitum not repeatative?

Well
For me, it was not playing the DC versions, always doing all quests, having lots of different characters, playing with friends, liking Episode II and BB content, and I stopped playing them when it wasn't fun for me anymore

Limbo_lag
Aug 12, 2012, 07:00 AM
As someone once said, "you never really quit PS, you just take really long breaks".

gigawuts
Aug 12, 2012, 07:08 AM

It was.

And then you chose another quest and another item to hunt when you got tired of that.

PSO2 does not offer alternate quests with alternate spawns. You can't pick and choose a specific rare to hunt beyond choosing a different level. Let's say I want to find a Soul Eater so it shows up in my finds on the visiphone (I actually do and haven't found one yet). What quest do I pick to find it? Regular free field desert, city, mines, etc.? Oh. I'm already doing those. What one do I choose where I'm guaranteed to find more El Adas? None? Oh.

EvilMag
Aug 12, 2012, 07:31 AM

At least on PSO, some people did do shit outside of TTF. Look at PSU where it was nothing but fucking White Beast.

Crimson Exile
Aug 12, 2012, 07:51 AM
As someone once said, "you never really quit PS, you just take really long breaks".
Couldn't have said it better myself. For the last 3-4 weeks I have not seriously grind a mission, all I do is help guild member's with mission, lvling, and chat with them. Also do client orders and matter board from time to time. I think I am on matter board 4 with 68% done.

ClothoBuer
Aug 12, 2012, 08:39 AM
Been playing since Closed Beta. I haven't hit the wall yet, but I feel that over the last couple of weeks I've been decelerating to soften the blow of hitting said wall.

I think this game could have benefited with having an activity implemented that gives you a break from the main experience so a while, like a casino or an improved Gallons Shop mini game selection etc.

But right now, every thing adds up to the same activity. Boy I wish the matter board had a different form than what it does, maybe then I'd have the motivation to clear it.

But over all, I've got a good total of roughly 400 hours spanned across release and all the tests I had participated in at the expense of 10,000 yen and I can't really argue with that value! Especially when there's more to come.

It's scary how similar a post to this I was about to make. Same /played and roughly the same investment, too. Clone?

Either way, I still enjoy the game a good deal. I get my daily FUN log-in, and whenever the PSO2 Emergency twitter feed buzzes my phone with a Ship 2 I jump in for that. Max leveled my Ranger first at a good pace, didn't burn it out and I still love the class, and now I'm feeding CO rewards to the Force, so when I get the urge to start picking it up I'll be able to use all the Talis Legacies I keep finding, and in the off-chance that sub-classes require certain main class levels I should have access to a RA/FO hybrid.

And not once have I ever come across anyone complaining about my, or another player's, damage dealt. This isn't WoW, or any other game where DPS=player skill, this is Phantasy Star. If you're killing something, you're doing fine. Of course, the min-maxers are always going to try to get that highest hit possible, but if you're sufficiently geared for your level (IE being level 40 and not walking around with a starting weapon) there's absolutely no reason anyone should be bringing up a lack of damage.

Nonetheless, Sakai and Co. are keeping all the good stuff under wraps, so while we wait for the next drip in the feed to come down, just find something in-game you enjoyed and do that, or put the game on hold and do something else. I've got a bunch of Gunpla on the side, so when I'm not gaming, I'm building, and vice-versa~

Mike
Aug 12, 2012, 08:40 AM
Sometimes I feel like PSO2 is an episode of "Whose Line is it Anyways?" PSO2: Where the level caps are low and the rares don't matter. But playing with friends helps that.

KrankItVZ
Aug 12, 2012, 09:22 AM
2 points:

1. Its only been a month since it was released so duh there is little content

2. MMOs aren't really aimed for players who just plow through it within a few hours. I know there are those who do that but it is only a handful that do so. Game wise they aim for the younger audience thus about 3 hours per day is what someone would expect. But then again this goes back to the little content as it just launched.

Kylie
Aug 12, 2012, 09:28 AM
What's the use in worrying about something that may or may not ever happen?

I do get bored with this game though, and I stopped playing for days at a time.

Noblewine
Aug 12, 2012, 03:39 PM
I'm ready to play the game once it hits NA/EU servers. I don't care about boredom. I just want something to play. It looks like a faster version of universe and the combat looks fun and more realistic.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 12, 2012, 03:46 PM
The usual daily play attempt:

1) Log On
2) Remember that I need to kill Rockbears for a Client Order
3) Immediate feeling of bleh
4) Log Out

Kazzi
Aug 12, 2012, 04:02 PM
Most of my friends quit playing when they heard the US servers were coming. It's hard to find motivation to continue when you're on your own, and parties can be a pain to find for anything other than PSE Burst grinding during the emergency events :/

Gama
Aug 12, 2012, 04:21 PM
i will only get that feeling when a new pso game shows up.

"whats the point of playing pso2? pso3 is out!"

thats how i work.

pso2 is the only game i play right now. nothing else even gets close to get my attention.

maybe when sonic adventure 2 comes to pc.

Zekester
Aug 12, 2012, 04:26 PM
I mean technically when US version gets released and all those who switch over (like me) will find the JP side a "waste of time", but unlike that Im taking the JP side as "practice".

Blackheart521
Aug 12, 2012, 04:29 PM
maybe when sonic adventure 2 comes to pc.

Only if they have online capabilities for the chao garden... then I would be back doing Metal Harbor runs to get Chaos Drives all day for my chao. That shit consumed my life when I was in middle school. ^^;

Jakosifer
Aug 12, 2012, 05:00 PM
Ship 1: Log in. Check shop. Log out.
Ship 2: Log in. Debate being social or not. Solo for an hour or two. Log out.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 12, 2012, 05:19 PM
The usual daily play attempt:

1) Log On
2) Remember that I need to kill Rockbears for a Client Order
3) Immediate feeling of bleh
4) Log Out

For me it's
1) Log on to alt to get fun
2) Log on to main, also get fun
3) Remember that I need to kill Rockbears for matter board 1 and 2 still (have done each and every other matter board sphere)
4) Be reminded of the crazy orders such as 40 drops from Ye Ardillo Horses
5) Afk in the lobby for 8 hours

Demon-
Aug 12, 2012, 05:42 PM
They really should give better rewards for completing some client orders. Sometimes I feel like I don't care enough to do them.

SaiKo
Aug 12, 2012, 05:43 PM
And for me it's:

1) Log on and AFK in Camp Ship.
2) Check every hour for an emergency mission.
3) Get distracted and miss an hour.
4) Find out that emergency mission came and went.
5) Continue AFKing in Camp Ship.
6) Skip to step 2.

>_>

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 12, 2012, 05:45 PM
I don't see why they can't give armor or weapons as rewards.

Kilich
Aug 13, 2012, 10:51 AM
I've been hoping for a long time that SEGA will add some sort of minigames to My Room, like for example, basketball court, paintball match, a mini dreamcast that allows you to play simple coop minigames, you find, for example, based on breath of fire\sonic\others.

Also I wish maps had more functional diferences and Hunter gameplay resembled Devil May Cry games more, but that's nitpicking.

Also, imagine Dota like battle mode.

In short, I'm having fun so far, but as my guildmates leave, my interest lessens as well and I wish SEGA compensated for that with more stuff to do.

Sephirah
Aug 13, 2012, 11:09 AM
I've been hoping for a long time that SEGA will add some sort of minigames to My Room, like for example, basketball court, paintball match, a mini dreamcast that allows you to play simple coop minigames, you find, for example, based on breath of fire\sonic\others.

Also I wish maps had more functional diferences and Hunter gameplay resembled Devil May Cry games more, but that's nitpicking.

Also, imagine Dota like battle mode.

In short, I'm having fun so far, but as my guildmates leave, my interest lessens as well and I wish SEGA compensated for that with more stuff to do.

The game JUST launched, and with more content than alot of online games have released with. And to that, the game isn't considered "done" even by SEGA. They released early for a short term monetary gain that would help them stay afloat while continuing to work on it, rather than having to shelve the project.

Rest assured there will be updates and much, much more content will be added.

JeyKama
Aug 13, 2012, 11:17 AM
Dunno about you guys moaning, but I've been having a lot of fun levelling a fresh alt. Just dragged a couple of JPs with me through the entirety of Caves FF to Desert FF unlock, and a couple hours worth of boss rushes for the Hard Mode unlock.

Granted, I'm not so keen that he's a non-WS RA, but... I wanted to try it.

Anyway, fun is what you make it. If it's not fun anymore, wait for the next update, or hell, stop playing and do something that is fun for you - that's the beauty of F2P.

RemChu
Aug 13, 2012, 12:02 PM
Dunno about you guys moaning, but I've been having a lot of fun levelling a fresh alt. Just dragged a couple of JPs with me through the entirety of Caves FF to Desert FF unlock, and a couple hours worth of boss rushes for the Hard Mode unlock.

Granted, I'm not so keen that he's a non-WS RA, but... I wanted to try it.

Anyway, fun is what you make it. If it's not fun anymore, wait for the next update, or hell, stop playing and do something that is fun for you - that's the beauty of F2P.

I agree with you. If it's getting bored you are Free to do something else. 8-)

Polly
Aug 13, 2012, 12:06 PM
They really should give better rewards for completing some client orders. Sometimes I feel like I don't care enough to do them.

Yeah. Most reward really disproportionate EXP bonuses (too much for stupidly small tasks or too little to even matter or be worth the effort.) They end up shoving you towards the level cap faster in a lot of cases, which can really be a burn out point for a lot of folks. There's really not a lot of balance or sometimes even thought behind the rewards. Reminds me of PSU's awful and stupidly unbalanced mission points system in a way.

Valymer
Aug 13, 2012, 12:38 PM
So what does that say for SEGA's business model, then? If the solution to the flawed design is to simply stop playing (and thus stop spending money on AC)

Flame
Aug 13, 2012, 01:21 PM
T They released early for a short term monetary gain that would help them stay afloat while continuing to work on it, rather than having to shelve the project.

Do we have a source on this or is this just a theory? Wouldn't be surprised if it were true.

Mike
Aug 13, 2012, 07:24 PM
The game JUST launched, and with more content than alot of online games have released with.
Your idea of "alot" must be a much smaller amount than mine.

And to that, the game isn't considered "done" even by SEGA. They released early for a short term monetary gain that would help them stay afloat while continuing to work on it, rather than having to shelve the project.
Hearsay.

So what does that say for SEGA's business model, then? If the solution to the flawed design is to simply stop playing (and thus stop spending money on AC)
Sega's business model is to milk suckers of their money with the AC scratch. What's a few players lost by lack of content when you can keep the fools spending thousands and thousands of AC on the scratches?

raiden55
Aug 13, 2012, 07:40 PM
i had stopped when i reached lv20, as 20-25 is horrible. retried 3 weeks later and reached 39.
now i'm bored. farming masetas to buy a yukata... but i don't log more than 30mn a day now...
i'll stop when i have the money anyway.
but i'll come back for the next content update, i didn't liked the floating continent, but with all that's coming for september... for sure there will be something i like on it ^^

lostinseganet
Aug 13, 2012, 08:03 PM
Anyone else stop playing PSO2 already? I was going hard at it until recently. I hit lvl 40 but kept on playing, completing client orders and feeding the exp to the other two classes. Some people started thinking the game was not worth the time and effort at level 40, but it took more than that for me.

I stopped feeling like the game was worth my time with the talks of potential ip bans. Can't shake the feeling that any more time spent ingame would be wasted, because of the potential to lose access to my character. Even if it never happens, it's enough to make me not want to play.

Anyone else hit the wall with PSO2 yet?Play for the experience of coop with others. Go that route and you will be able to have fun for years.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 13, 2012, 08:09 PM
Oh I try to, problems I've encountered though are:

1) None of my friends in RL want to play until the english version is out.
2) Haven't found a group to play with ingame.

So ronery

jtchinoy
Aug 13, 2012, 08:27 PM
Do you speak any Japanese?
The Japanese players have been very friendly to me with me just reciprocating their basic greetings and occasional comments.
I have 3 Jap friends and 1 english on my friend list.

saruish
Aug 15, 2012, 06:01 AM
I probly wont end up hitting that wall.. when it comes to games like pso2.. i tend to make a habit of making random collections of clothes and rare weapons..... >.>

Crevox
Aug 15, 2012, 06:04 AM
I don't see why they can't give armor or weapons as rewards.

That's exactly what the matter board is for.