PDA

View Full Version : Team Rooms

Jonth
Aug 11, 2012, 09:05 PM
I'm kind of surprised that this is the only thing in Sakai's update that hasn't been discussed in depth as of yet. Personally, for me this is awesome news. When I played Dungeons and Dragons online, probably the one thing that I loved the most, was the fact my guild could have an airship, complete with purchasable amenities. It really brought a whole new sense of depth to the guild system for me, and made it feel so much more than just a dedicated chat channel. It was something everyone worked for together, and could share the benefits of together. Awesomeness.

So what does everyone else think about this? Opinions, speculation, nay-saying, you know the routine.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 11, 2012, 09:16 PM
Nay saying!

Tbh I rather have like a guild chest(w.e they are called don't play mmos much except for psu and pso 2).

Gardios
Aug 11, 2012, 09:18 PM
Don't have a team yet so I'm feeling indifferent about this. lol

NoiseHERO
Aug 11, 2012, 09:19 PM
Regular Team's....

Regular Team Room!

Metaru
Aug 11, 2012, 09:23 PM
Don't have a team yet so I'm feeling indifferent about this. lol

Same lol. Not much of an opinion on this.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 11, 2012, 09:29 PM
If it's a free My Room for the team, without needing a pass, that's already good enough for me

If it has exclusive services, then there's no way I won't get one immediately

NoiseHERO
Aug 11, 2012, 09:32 PM
If it's a free My Room for the team, without needing a pass, that's already good enough for me.

Please yes...

Resanoca
Aug 11, 2012, 09:39 PM
If said team is big enough, does it expand and get its own field area?

Gardios
Aug 11, 2012, 09:41 PM

*knock knock*
"Who's there?"
"It's just me, Rag Nee-chan!"

GreenArcher
Aug 11, 2012, 09:43 PM
If it's a free My Room for the team, without needing a pass, that's already good enough for me

If it has exclusive services, then there's no way I won't get one immediately

This. I'm definitely happy to get a room without paying monthly. It'll be like sharing an apartment with 5 other doodz to afford rent!

GoldenFalcon
Aug 11, 2012, 09:44 PM
*knock knock*
"Who's there?"
"It's just me, Rag Nee-chan!"

Buying a one-time boss spawn with meseta, with cost dependent on its level, would be hilarious
Just buy like 3 Ragne's and fight all 3 at once with your team lol

Resanoca
Aug 11, 2012, 09:46 PM
*knock knock*
"Who's there?"
"It's just me, Rag Nee-chan!"...Awesomeness. Our keywords shall be Hidden Forbidden William Shatner.

Arika
Aug 11, 2012, 10:08 PM
My team always use leader and manager room as team room atm. and they are big enough for all.

SaiKo
Aug 11, 2012, 10:36 PM

This...

Unless they put in some stupid stipulation like "Your team has to have more than one member." or something. >_>

Home Dog
Aug 11, 2012, 10:38 PM
I don't know if I want to be in a room with my team. They are kind of crazy.

blace
Aug 11, 2012, 10:46 PM
Free My Room or bust.

Kondibon
Aug 11, 2012, 11:03 PM
This...

Unless they put in some stupid stipulation like "Your team has to have more than one member." or something. >_>

Given the fact that there's also something mentioned about accumulating points through team missions, I suspect it's not going to be something easy to get on your own.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 11, 2012, 11:06 PM
Given the fact that there's also something mentioned about accumulating points through team missions, I suspect it's not going to be something easy to get on your own.

Oh, I forgot about that. It might take a certain amount of these team points per week just to keep buying 7 day team room passes from a team shop. Then use team points to purchase silly things like +5% rare drop rate for everyone in the team for a day

Arika
Aug 11, 2012, 11:43 PM
I Doubt they would give you "one person team" a room. Because that would ruin their own money on their "room ticket" choice.

Blackheart521
Aug 12, 2012, 01:22 AM
Regular Team's....

Regular Team Room!

Are you really in a team like that Rock? based on the Regular Show? I made a pretty cool Mordecai Symbol Art.

Halcyote
Aug 12, 2012, 01:26 AM

dis ain't .hack, suh.

Blackheart521
Aug 12, 2012, 01:27 AM
dis ain't .hack, suh.

We can only hope... leader gets their own rappy that has the characteristics of their character like grunties. ^^ lol

Resanoca
Aug 12, 2012, 01:46 AM
dis ain't .hack, suh.Dun be hatin' nah.

Jonth
Aug 12, 2012, 08:20 AM
I have 3-5 friends I know IRL, and my wife, that will be making up my team, so for me, that just makes this concept that much better. I'm hoping for different tiers of rooms, say around 3, so that there is something to continuously strive for. Short mission buffs, that maybe last for one mission, would be really cool to have. That would complement the frivolous aesthetics with practicality, as personally I like to have a combination of both.

ScottyMango
Aug 12, 2012, 09:43 AM
Is there actually any information on the Team Rooms or is this all just speculation?

thematesV2
Aug 12, 2012, 09:49 AM
I don't understand how in so many years, guilds/clans/teams have not really advanced or developed much. I mean, they seemed to be a huge hit/success in PSO, so why take the option out for PSU. I feel like it's simple math. people love improving their personal rooms + people love being in a group/team/clan/guild = people would love to work together to improve group room. so why isn't this a common feature from the start. I know this game just started, so things have to be refined a bit before they get added to the system, but I mean, shouldn't that just be in the plan from the beginning? anyhow, I like the idea.

Jonth
Aug 12, 2012, 12:06 PM
Is there actually any information on the Team Rooms or is this all just speculation?

Team Rooms have been confirmed, and we also know that there will be client orders to accrue points that allow Teams to have these rooms. Check out the PS Blog. Anything else as far as how they will be implemented is speculation.

Deadleewar
Aug 12, 2012, 02:19 PM
I don't understand how in so many years, guilds/clans/teams have not really advanced or developed much. I mean, they seemed to be a huge hit/success in PSO, so why take the option out for PSU. I feel like it's simple math. people love improving their personal rooms + people love being in a group/team/clan/guild = people would love to work together to improve group room. so why isn't this a common feature from the start. I know this game just started, so things have to be refined a bit before they get added to the system, but I mean, shouldn't that just be in the plan from the beginning? anyhow, I like the idea.

I'd have to say I agree. Every MMO has guilds or teams and what-not, so why hasn't this been implemented sooner?

Anyways I'm all for it, I place to hangout with the people you like and without lag? Sounds good.

The only problem I forsee is the possible, eventual lack of finding new people. If Teams/Guilds had there own room then why even go to the lobby, they would all just chill in their pimped out room and never meet new people. (unless of course they are trying to actively recruit.)

RocSage
Aug 12, 2012, 03:17 PM

Are you trying to summon forth the .hackers?

SaiKo
Aug 12, 2012, 03:23 PM
I'm actually not a fan of the idea of guilds/teams simply due to what they tend to do to game communities in my experience (Hello, arbitrarily-established insularity), so when a game DOESN'T have them, I consider it a selling point. Granted, since I'm treating PSO2 as essentially a solo affair anyway, it doesn't matter as much here, but I can say that the lack of 'Teams' was one of the few positives that caught my eye with PSU...

Garnet_Moon
Aug 12, 2012, 03:24 PM
Another room to fill with laundry machines, cosmo fountains, foul-mouthed parrots and lilipas? Count me in!

Blackheart521
Aug 12, 2012, 03:49 PM
Are you trying to summon forth the .hackers?

haha they already did, I was a member of the .hackers team, it got really inactive though so I just left. ^^;

Jonth
Aug 12, 2012, 05:01 PM
I'm actually not a fan of the idea of guilds/teams simply due to what they tend to do to game communities in my experience (Hello, arbitrarily-established insularity), so when a game DOESN'T have them, I consider it a selling point. Granted, since I'm treating PSO2 as essentially a solo affair anyway, it doesn't matter as much here, but I can say that the lack of 'Teams' was one of the few positives that caught my eye with PSU...

I'm not trying to say your ideas are wrong or anything, but why play an online game? In my experience offline single player games tend to be more fun, except for the comradery and ability to play with other people.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 12, 2012, 05:21 PM
Another room to fill with cosmo fountains

This better be released in the next Fun Scratch. Seriously

SaiKo
Aug 12, 2012, 05:35 PM
I'm not trying to say your ideas are wrong or anything, but why play an online game? In my experience offline single player games tend to be more fun, except for the comradery and ability to play with other people.

If you're referring to the "Why play an online game if you dislike guilds?" bit, it's because I like the idea of playing with the entire community and not having everyone arbitrarily divide themselves into cliques that they hold in higher esteem than everyone else. Basically, my philosophy is to play with everyone, find the individuals you enjoy playing with, play with those people, find the ones amongst those you get along with the best, and eventually settle down on a group you enjoy playing with the most.
So basically, let a group form naturally by experiencing the entire community... In my experience guilds work the other way around. It becomes about the 'group' that someone just happens to join for whatever reason, and the individuals simply come along with it. And I'm not fond of that... I can't tell you how irked I'd get in Guild Wars with the "**** PuGs. Guild groups or GTFO" mentality that arose.

But anyway...
If you're asking why I play this game if I'm going to solo...

A) The PSO name. As I've mentioned before, I don't actually enjoy the game too much, and I don't feel the structure its chosen lends itself to group play being all that fun. Had it not been called PSO2, I wouldn't have given this game a second glance, but it is, and I've installed it and put time into it, so meh... :-/

2) Convenience... The above would hold true for this game only, but in truth, I played GW and AIKA as pretty much solo affairs as well... In the case of the former, it was more because of the guild mentality that made PuGging difficult (especially with its structure being what it was) and the fact that I was simply playing to unlock HoM rewards and GWAMM for GW2 which was better done solo. In the case of AIKA, it was again associated with the guild-heavy community and the fact that I could go at the pace I desired a lot more readily on my own (plus my disdain for PvP which was a huge focus of the game). So I just did my own thing and generally treated the multiplayer aspect as being "Community AH and Chatroom".

III) Weird quirk. If you don't want to get into how neurotic I am, just leave it at that. >_>
[spoiler-box]I actually put a self-imposed ban on all new games on myself until I can get all the achievements in Geometry Wars. This was in... 2ии7 or 2ии8. Problem is... I hate that game. Vehemently. I don't enjoy games of that type, and it literally causes me migraines because of its aesthetics. So I refuse to touch it. I made an exception to my ban for the sake of Guild Wars, simply because I figured that "If I ever do get all the achievements, I may want to play GW2. But I won't play it if I don't have access to whatever the HoM unlocks. So I have to work on my HoM in anticipation of the possibility that I will play it."

This somehow lead to me justifying trying out F2P games (which granted, never should have happened), and so on... And eventually I found out that an event was going on in PSU in which getting the most annoying of the AotI achievements (the existence of which pissed me off since it spit in the face of my 1иии/1иии score) would be far easier. So I subscribed to finally take care of those achievements since the whole Geo Wars thing started because of an obsession with maintaining a perfect achievement score anyway... And it just reinforced my "ORPGs are OK" exception and it just carried on from there. :-/

But even though I've cheated, I've still maintained my ban on any single-player games and/or console games that I don't already own. So... yeah... <_<
Until I can be arsed to suffer through Geo Wars in the vain hope of getting the two remaining achievements I need, I won't be playing Single-player games... This was initially really really hard to stomach, but in recent years, I've become so distanced from the direcetion the industry has gone anyway that I don't really feel like I'm missing much. ;-/[/spoiler-box]

Kirukia
Aug 12, 2012, 05:50 PM

That would be awesome. Like .hack//GU

eharima
Aug 12, 2012, 06:55 PM
Team Rooms != Lobby Clean up huehue!

Enforcer MKV
Aug 12, 2012, 07:11 PM
Team Rooms = Lobby Clean up

If that happens, I really can't complain. (yes, I know I edited it, but still.)

Kylie
Aug 12, 2012, 09:01 PM
Hmmm, I love teams. Obviously. But, I haven't made one on PSO2... yet.

Jonth
Aug 13, 2012, 04:32 AM
@Saiko, I was refering to "Why play online games, if you're going to treat it as a solo affair", so A answered it for me. I also have to say I understand becoming distanced from where the industry is heading, as I personally find myself liking fewer and fewer new console games.

saruish
Aug 15, 2012, 06:40 AM
Epic. my fb group will now have their own personal team room on pso2 now ...even tho they may never get on it... XD

Misaki Ki
Aug 15, 2012, 06:50 AM
I don't know if I want to be in a room with my team. They are kind of crazy.

Oh you <3

We're not crazy, we're loco.

xowhd5428
Aug 15, 2012, 06:58 AM
Oh you <3

We're not crazy, we're loco.

which ur say
"We're not crazy, we're crazy."
:P

MCF
Aug 15, 2012, 07:04 AM
AT LAST i'm not a hobo now! that living at camp ship!

i hope they don't limit it to 12 person XD

SaiKo
Aug 15, 2012, 07:52 AM
AT LAST i'm not a hobo now! that living at camp ship!

Now you can be a smelly hippie that lives in a hostel!

;>_>

But seriously. If you could furnish a campship, I'd have cardboard boxes and drumfires running too... Probably cause more code protections. <_<