PDA

View Full Version : Rare weapons with "Special" abilities.

Pilla
Aug 12, 2012, 08:03 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if Stella Twinkle had free uncharged zonde as a special ability? Or what about rappy launcher with a low HP steal proc? I miss those small things that made rares even more sought after. While I enjoy the cuteness of my magical heart like rod...I seriously wish it was more than a "cute" weapon with higher stats. All they would have to do is make it so that if you equip a certain item with a unique ability, is have the game add that ability in your "special" skill list... You know, the one with weak bullet or your Photon Blast ability?

Freeze ignition is a cool skill...but the cool-down makes it not so great and I hate I got it now... but what if weapons had freeze ignition ability? After I finally got my Stella Twinkle...I can't seem to find the power to want to go after that new quartz rod...it just doesn't do anything cool and I don't have any outfits to make it look badass. I wish that someone who had connections with the producer bring that up.... I also kinda miss the demon/king/brave type of weapon abilities...common vendor junk could be a bit more interesting if I could spend mesta to add more T-ATK or S-ATK to my hits, or even HP. Although the new ability system is kinda cool too, I think there would be more things to tie over those who feel a bit bummed at being capped. Heck, even go as far as make hell/demon etc items uncommon to find, so finding one is like a buffer to finding a rare.

Thanks for reading.

Coatl
Aug 12, 2012, 08:10 PM
I can see happening once the *10-15 rares start rolling out. Maybe something not as broken as free zonde casts though. ._.;

Maybe like, every JA sends an elemental ranged blast that does low damage but has a status condition. I dunno. Anything cool is fine with me, but I get where you're coming from.

Demon-
Aug 12, 2012, 08:17 PM
I miss those special attacks weapons had on PSO. Berserk and demon were my favorites. Soul Eater and Zanba just aren't the same to me.

HFlowen
Aug 12, 2012, 08:52 PM
Yea they should bring this back. Wouldn't be hard, just add a "Special Attack" command you can tie to your item pallet that has a different effect for different weapons.

Devroux
Aug 12, 2012, 11:42 PM
No doubt. This made weapons 10x cooler. It's a necessary thing to bring back.

Macman
Aug 13, 2012, 02:44 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if Stella Twinkle had free uncharged zonde as a special ability? Or what about rappy launcher with a low HP steal proc? I miss those small things that made rares even more sought after. While I enjoy the cuteness of my magical heart like rod...I seriously wish it was more than a "cute" weapon with higher stats.
Sounds like another thing for people to rage at DoDo over.

I went to add Mizer Soul to my Heaven Punisher, and now I lost the ability to shoot lasers from the sky! :-x

Jakosifer
Aug 13, 2012, 02:48 AM
All I care about is HP affects pwr, so I can sit at 10% HP and be an actual glass cannon instead of a Tank with nukes attached. *looks at Fury Stance Hunter*

GoldenFalcon
Aug 13, 2012, 03:07 AM
"I went to add Mizer Soul to my Heaven Punisher, and now I lost the ability to shoot lasers from the sky!"

It would be impossible to keep the special ability, only a noob would click go after not being able to put it in a slot

Macman
Aug 13, 2012, 03:09 AM
I'm just seeing abilities like the OP mentioned to be in the same class as stuff like Another History, meaning you wouldn't be able to edit affixes at all without losing it.

Sakarisei
Aug 13, 2012, 03:22 AM
When you caught a rare weapon, some weapons includes always a weapon skill and / or an element. For example cruel coffin, it's drop always includes ice element and freeze skill.

DragonForce
Aug 13, 2012, 03:33 AM
There should be a launcher that heals instead of doing damage. Or maybe I should play borderlands instead...

SaiKo
Aug 13, 2012, 04:30 AM
Sounds like another thing for people to rage at DoDo over.

Who says these should be moddable/losable?

Honestly, I'd prefer rares be completely untouchable when affixing, but having at least one ability that either doesn't take up a traditional affix slot or counts as a permanent, "free" ability works too in a pinch.

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2012, 05:45 AM
The same way certain armor has innate bonuses you can't see on the affix tab, certain weapons could have innate bonuses too.

Or just unique pre-equipped PA's. The easiest to implement would be a katana sword-type weapon with speed rain. That would be functionally unique and even let it compete at higher levels. No bonuses from sword gear, but an option for players that aren't using partisan gear but want something besides sonic arrow (Or maybe the same bonus from sword gear as partisan gear? With bar draining, without? The details are less important than the idea itself.).

Macman
Aug 13, 2012, 06:29 AM
The same way certain armor has innate bonuses you can't see on the affix tab, certain weapons could have innate bonuses too.

I'm an idiot and didn't even think about that, despite currently using the Vol armor set for that sweet +55 HP bonus.