PDA

View Full Version : Forum says JA bonus for Hunters apply for PA's... But it doesn't?

Silver Crow
Aug 12, 2012, 10:26 PM
I've read countless posts that JA bonus from the skill tree also affects our PA's. But I have 2 skill trees, one with 20% JA and the other with only 3% and i don't notice any difference in PA damage. Can someone please confirm this? So far the JA bonus has only enhanced my normal attacks.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 12, 2012, 10:33 PM
Do both of your builds have all 3 gears?

Silver Crow
Aug 12, 2012, 10:40 PM
Do both of your builds have all 3 gears?

no, my first build uses wired lance + partisans only (though i dont take partisan gear because i use it for bosses only) http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2ebkIqBGKcB6

my second build is pretty much sword only: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2ebkbqBqqf4QqocA

GoldenFalcon
Aug 12, 2012, 10:47 PM
Oh, then just post 2 pictures of damage you deal with JA Heavenly Fall? (uncharged gear of course)
The picture without a visible gear bar should do noticeably less damage

Silver Crow
Aug 12, 2012, 10:51 PM
Oh, then just post 2 pictures of damage you deal with JA Heavenly Fall? (uncharged gear of course)
The picture without a visible gear bar should do noticeably less damage

the damage isn't consistent i just tried it, i'm getting around 1300-2800 damage >.< i think i may have accidentally used a gear on that 2.8k and hit a weakspot on the yeti. to be honest im not good with testing out stuff, can someone in a similar situation confirm it?

Edit: I think you misunderstood me, i'm talking about the Just-Attack bonus from the skill tree. Not the wired lance gear

Arika
Aug 12, 2012, 11:03 PM
I've read countless posts that JA bonus from the skill tree also affects our PA's. But I have 2 skill trees, one with 20% JA and the other with only 3% and i don't notice any difference in PA damage. Can someone please confirm this? So far the JA bonus has only enhanced my normal attacks.

there were 3 argument going about that in jp, (when I last saw it, which was long ago, can't find it anymore)

-Your PA start with 500%, so add 20% may look like it only add just 4%.
-the damage formula make 1% isn't exactly 1%
-It add up to 20% actually, but PA has high variance hard to detect. may need high dex to help.

although this is just roughly calculate. I think people discuss that there is another way to calculate it when it is PA which may be need to know the damage formulator in this game first.

note: I think it is probably the choice-1. so it will make you increase same damage no matter PA or normal hit to make it not too over powered. Add 20% on all kind of attack kidda over power in my opinion.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 12, 2012, 11:13 PM
the damage isn't consistent i just tried it, i'm getting around 1300-2800 damage >.< i think i may have accidentally used a gear on that 2.8k and hit a weakspot on the yeti. to be honest im not good with testing out stuff, can someone in a similar situation confirm it?

Edit: I think you misunderstood me, i'm talking about the Just-Attack bonus from the skill tree. Not the wired lance gear

I know, I mean that it would be misleading to use a charged gear PA on the 20% JA build

Do it on level 1 monkies or something

GoldenFalcon
Aug 12, 2012, 11:40 PM
-Your PA start with 500%, so add 20% may look like it only add just 4%.

note: I think it is probably the choice-1. so it will make you increase same damage no matter PA or normal hit to make it not too over powered. Add 20% on all kind of attack kidda over power in my opinion.

I can believe this. It could make it so the JA bonuses line up with the damage gained from 10 ATP (the other tree getting sword gear) making it even harder to tell a difference

Brindizer
Aug 13, 2012, 12:26 AM
I just skill reset to test this very thing.

On my primary build, I have 15% worth of JA bonus.

I went full spec for Ability, with the stat at a total of 400. I grabbed a weak weapon with 225 attack.

I did Subdue Fongalf on Hard. I saw a monkey, and I hit it with Sonic Arrow for 500. Consistently. Highest was 505, lowest was 499.

I respecialized into a blank skill tree. This one has no JA bonus whatsoever. I selected the very same mission, hit the very same target with the very same weapon. The damage is now consistently 434.

434 x 1.15 = 500

So. Yeah.

Edit: I put points into that blank skill tree. This build is nearly the same, except it only has 10% JA bonus. The damage is now floating around 484.

434 x 1.10 = ~478. This is 9%, but I'll go ahead and believe I have a 1% damage variance. If anyone is curious, adding Fury Stance 10 to this situation brought the damage up to 600, with a variance of 10. Non-JA'd attacks without fury stance do 340. Putting on a weapon with 197 more attack and fury stance brings the damage to 770 ± 14.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 13, 2012, 01:28 AM
Proof

Sounds convincing to me

IndigoNovember
Aug 13, 2012, 01:45 AM
Sounds good enough for me.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 13, 2012, 02:21 AM
what exactly does "Sword Gear" do? I have it and i see a little bar fill up, but I dont no if it does anything or if I "activate" it once it's full.

IndigoNovember
Aug 13, 2012, 02:28 AM
what exactly does "Sword Gear" do? I have it and i see a little bar fill up, but I dont no if it does anything or if I "activate" it once it's full.

Please check the first post in this thread: JP PSO2 Hunter talent tree discussion (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2781621#post2781621) in the Gameplay, Guides & Walkthroughs (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45) forum.

Arika
Aug 13, 2012, 06:11 AM
I just skill reset to test this very thing.

On my primary build, I have 15% worth of JA bonus.

I went full spec for Ability, with the stat at a total of 400. I grabbed a weak weapon with 225 attack.

I did Subdue Fongalf on Hard. I saw a monkey, and I hit it with Sonic Arrow for 500. Consistently. Highest was 505, lowest was 499.

I respecialized into a blank skill tree. This one has no JA bonus whatsoever. I selected the very same mission, hit the very same target with the very same weapon. The damage is now consistently 434.

434 x 1.15 = 500

So. Yeah.

Edit: I put points into that blank skill tree. This build is nearly the same, except it only has 10% JA bonus. The damage is now floating around 484.

434 x 1.10 = ~478. This is 9%, but I'll go ahead and believe I have a 1% damage variance. If anyone is curious, adding Fury Stance 10 to this situation brought the damage up to 600, with a variance of 10. Non-JA'd attacks without fury stance do 340. Putting on a weapon with 197 more attack and fury stance brings the damage to 770 ± 14.

Okay, if it is this case, then it is choice-3 then. It is correctly boost there. Only high variance make it harder to notice. Thank.

ScottyMango
Aug 13, 2012, 06:48 AM

Makes your chargable attacks charge instantly.

Hrith
Aug 13, 2012, 08:38 AM
Testing damage using gunblades prevents all kind of bias from gears.

Zyrusticae
Aug 13, 2012, 08:46 AM
Makes your chargable attacks charge instantly.
That's not all it does; it affects all sword PAs in some way.

See the thread IndigoNovember linked to.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 13, 2012, 05:29 PM
Testing damage using gunblades prevents all kind of bias from gears.

I meant that screenshots with a visible gear bar vs. no gear bar are definitive to show it's the other tree.
But it isn't possible to prove she isn't using a charged PA in this case

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2012, 05:34 PM
Gunblades tend to hit multiple times, which makes testing something like this a bit difficult due to rounding and just numbers covering other numbers. Something that hits once for high damage is more ideal.

Hrith
Aug 13, 2012, 06:51 PM
Aiming Shot?