PDA

View Full Version : Support Force

largretta
Aug 13, 2012, 11:10 AM
If i wanted to be a support force, how would i build my character. Would i focus on ice?

Ana-Chan
Aug 13, 2012, 11:22 AM
Right now, there is very little on the skill tree that will really aid you in being a pure support force.
Anti's range, shifta and deband's power, range and effect time are governed by the tech itself and there is nothing in the force's skill tree to change this. (I think only flame tech s charge would affect shifta's casting speed).
The only thing that would benefit from anything on the skill tree is resta, and since this is calculated by using your T-Atk without weapons and the tech charge advance bonus does add to it.

So if for some reason you wanted to just support only, then I would say to still go mainly fire.

To be honest though, I would still think that you should put points into your tree as if you were going to be an attack force anyway. You never know what will happen in a game.

Coatl
Aug 13, 2012, 11:23 AM
There is no such thing as a support force.

Razelis
Aug 13, 2012, 11:23 AM
Basically there are no support skills out yet, What i would consider most support in the current tree would be Max PP up. My theory (just a guess though) is that the new Mage class will involve either a Wind, Dark, Light skill tree (since those are the missing elements in the current tree) or a support tree, or a combination of them hmmmmm

NoiseHERO
Aug 13, 2012, 11:29 AM
Use lots of resta.

Kondibon
Aug 13, 2012, 11:32 AM
Like Ana-Chan said it'd be good to focus on the fire tree since that'd be the most useful for resta. I like to play support as well but when it comes down to it forces just don't have much going for them in terms of support right now. And either way it's still useful to be able to fight.

The only real difference between a purely offensive force and a support force is how often you cast Shifta/resta/anti. It kind of came as a shock to me how rarely other forces bother to use resta though. I get the whole "suck it up and use a mate" thing in the middle of a fight but I think it's nice to pop a resta when nothing is going on and you have a party member missing more than 30% hp.

Coatl
Aug 13, 2012, 11:34 AM
Like Ana-Chan said it'd be good to focus on the fire tree since that'd be the most useful for resta. I like to play support as well but when it comes down to it forces just don't have much going for them in terms of support right now. And either way it's still useful to be able to fight.

The only real difference between a purely offensive force and a support force is how often you cast Shifta/resta/anti. It kind of came as a shock to me how rarely other forces bother to use resta though. I get the whole "suck it up and use a mate" thing in the middle of a fight but I think it's nice to pop a resta when nothing is going on and you have a party member missing more than 30% hp.

Trying to resta them in the middle of a fight is hell. It leaves me exposed for a short amount of time, and they run out of the aoe most of the time to mate themselves. That's 30 PP gone. :c

largretta
Aug 13, 2012, 11:42 AM
i see. btw does anyone have like a link or anything that can tell me all the techniques in the game and their descriptions on what they do. Also, what ship/server should i join that is friendly and has English people :)

Ana-Chan
Aug 13, 2012, 11:59 AM
i see. btw does anyone have like a link or anything that can tell me all the techniques in the game and their descriptions on what they do. Also, what ship/server should i join that is friendly and has English people :)

Well, http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%86%E3%82%AF%E3%83%8B%E3%83%83%E3% 82%AF%2F%E3%83%86%E3%82%AF%E3%83%8B%E3%83%83%E3%82 %AF%E7%B3%BB has descriptions, but it is in Japanese. There is nothing wrong with putting it into google translate, and you should get a mostly readable version.

For ship, ship2 is where the majority of English players are, and ship 10 also has a good amount. But just beware, ship 2 is the largest afaik, and that means that it has more of the undesirables there too.

Coatl
Aug 13, 2012, 12:02 PM

http://p2o.wikkii.net/wiki/Main_Page
Here you go. :3

Blizz3112
Aug 13, 2012, 12:04 PM
To make forces more fun to play, they decided to probably minimized the support as much as possible that they can give. Sure, they still have a form of support, but they are not completely focused on that.

Healers are being abused in other MMO's and are most of the time only good at supporting and healing, with nothing else. I for one am completely against this type of gameplay within PSO 2... Therefore, SEGA shouldn't give them TOO much supportive abilities, just a few that could aid them if ever needed.

Kondibon
Aug 13, 2012, 12:11 PM
Trying to resta them in the middle of a fight is hell. It leaves me exposed for a short amount of time, and they run out of the aoe most of the time to mate themselves. That's 30 PP gone. :c

Yeah I meant between fights though. I can't stand seeing people missing hp when all it costs is 30 pp to recover it.

It IS hard in the middle of a fight though. I hope the range increases a lot at higher ranks. >:

To make forces more fun to play, they decided to probably minimized the support as much as possible that they can give. Sure, they still have a form of support, but they are not completely focused on that.

Healers are being abused in other MMO's and are most of the time only good at supporting and healing, with nothing else. I for one am completely against this type of gameplay within PSO 2... Therefore, SEGA shouldn't give them TOO much supportive abilities, just a few that could aid them if ever needed.Honestly the only problem with that IS that all they can do is support. Forces already have plenty of offensive capabilities so it's not like adding more support to them would take that away. Playing support isn't just about babysitting and bandages. As I said in my own thread on this topic, Rangers play support better than forces do because of all their team oriented skills and debuffs.

largretta
Aug 13, 2012, 12:12 PM
Thank you everyone :). One last question (sorry for asking so many ><) i read that for certain skills like grants/gigrants you have to do something with Maru and the support skills (shifter/anti/resta/the other one :3) you have to do something with Echo. What exactly do u have to do

NoiseHERO
Aug 13, 2012, 12:14 PM
Add them to your party a lot.

I think 30 times.

NeoRydia
Aug 13, 2012, 12:20 PM
I think Gizonde is a great tech for *support*. Paralysis is a pretty amazing ailment to have on your enemies. It cuts the chance of an enemy from successfully attacking by roughly half. Which also lowers the mobility of a number of enemies if they are unable to attack properly. Makes handling large groups of mobs a breeze, especially for hunters.

Valymer
Aug 13, 2012, 12:36 PM
Thank you everyone :). One last question (sorry for asking so many ><) i read that for certain skills like grants/gigrants you have to do something with Maru and the support skills (shifter/anti/resta/the other one :3) you have to do something with Echo. What exactly do u have to do

Here's (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?NPC%E3%83%91%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%8A% E3%83%BC%E3%83%BB%E3%83%97%E3%83%AC%E3%82%BC%E3%83 %B3%E3%83%88) a list of all the rewards you can get from the various NPCs and how many S-Ranks you need to earn with each of them to receive the gifts.

And for anyone having trouble reading sites like this, I will post again this Firefox addon that is very useful, much more so than Google Translate (although you can use it in conjunction with). The thread I made with the link was inexplicably moved to Off-Topic, so I doubt many people saw it:

http://www.polarcloud.com/rikaichan/

largretta
Aug 13, 2012, 01:33 PM
Wow Shakuri tyvm so much you really boosted my confidence on going a support force and ty for the build O u O and tyvm everyone, i'll take all your advice into account when making this character :)