PDA

View Full Version : English Patch Issues

XL Bologna Pony
Aug 14, 2012, 11:26 AM
Can anyone help me with this? I've tried it twice and cannot get it to work for me.

Started with a clean install and let the game update to the most current version. Exited the game, extracted files to the correct destination, clicked "Yes to All" to replace all the files in the folder but when I load up PSO2 it is still all in JP... :(

I was going to try and use the launcher but I'll have to re-download PSO2 to get the original JP files back. Anyone have experience with the launcher that might be able to help me out?

Any help is appreciated. I also have Mumble if anyone would rather voice chat this evening to make things easier.

Thanks in advance.

MadDemon64
Aug 14, 2012, 11:54 AM
Can anyone help me with this? I've tried it twice and cannot get it to work for me.

Started with a clean install and let the game update to the most current version. Exited the game, extracted files to the correct destination, clicked "Yes to All" to replace all the files in the folder but when I load up PSO2 it is still all in JP... :(

I was going to try and use the launcher but I'll have to re-download PSO2 to get the original JP files back. Anyone have experience with the launcher that might be able to help me out?

Any help is appreciated. I also have Mumble if anyone would rather voice chat this evening to make things easier.

Thanks in advance.

I think you need to extract them to the proper location while in administator mode.

XL Bologna Pony
Aug 14, 2012, 11:58 AM
I think you need to extract them to the proper location while in administator mode.

I'm always in admin mode. Other than that there is no other way to move files while in "admin mode". 7zip rar program is already opened in admin mode and extracted to the correct destination.

Really just hoping someone else had the same problem and found a simple solution or something small I'm doing wrong.

Zipzo
Aug 14, 2012, 12:06 PM

Thanks in advance.
You need to extract them to somewhere else before you copy/cut & paste them in to your win32 folder.

XL Bologna Pony
Aug 14, 2012, 12:07 PM
You need to extract them to somewhere else before you copy/cut & paste them in to your win32 folder.

Did not try that, will do that when I get home.

I was told I can force the PSO2 launcher to update itself to restore the original JP files, any idea how to do this? I just know what button starts the game...lol.

Zipzo
Aug 14, 2012, 12:41 PM
Did not try that, will do that when I get home.

I was told I can force the PSO2 launcher to update itself to restore the original JP files, any idea how to do this? I just know what button starts the game...lol.You don't have to restore the original JP files.

XL Bologna Pony
Aug 14, 2012, 12:48 PM
You don't have to restore the original JP files.

I was just saying that if this still doesn't work and I have to use the Launcher to load the english patch in. That does require the original JP files intact it says.

Ark22
Aug 14, 2012, 01:44 PM
If you use winrar, highlight all of it and drag it into the win32 file. OR you can copy it somewhere else. THE CHOICE IS YOURS! CAPTAIN PLANET, HE'S A HERROOO, GONNA TAKE POLLUTION DOWN TO A ZERO!

Chik'Tikka
Aug 14, 2012, 02:48 PM
7-zip (http://7-zip-portable.en.softonic.com/) > winrar +^_^+

[SPOILER-BOX]7-Zip Portable is the popular 7-Zip packaged as a portable app, so you can take your file archiver with you and work with your compressed 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, RAR files and more on the go.

You can place it on your USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive or a CD and use it on any computer, without leaving any personal information behind.[/SPOILER-BOX]

also make sure you have the latest version of the English patch as well, the August 9th one+^_^+

Jakosifer
Aug 14, 2012, 02:52 PM
u god damn heretics

sugarFO
Aug 14, 2012, 02:53 PM
u god damn heretics

Hey hey hey! -smacks you with magical heart rod- Watch your language ne~!

Lostbob117
Aug 14, 2012, 03:46 PM
I don't get how people are having trouble with the patch it's easier than making cereal.

Geistritter
Aug 14, 2012, 03:48 PM
I'm sure there's someone somewhere that can't comprehend "put in bowl".

Aeris
Aug 14, 2012, 03:49 PM
7-zip (http://7-zip-portable.en.softonic.com/) > winrar +^_^+

[SPOILER-BOX]7-Zip Portable is the popular 7-Zip packaged as a portable app, so you can take your file archiver with you and work with your compressed 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, RAR files and more on the go.

You can place it on your USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive or a CD and use it on any computer, without leaving any personal information behind.[/SPOILER-BOX]

also make sure you have the latest version of the English patch as well, the August 9th one+^_^+
First time i used 7-zip i had a issue telling me i had something expired and i couldn't even use the program even i was using the free one for extracting something o_o

gigawuts
Aug 14, 2012, 03:49 PM
Actually, it's exactly as complex as making cereal.

Get cereal/file
Put in bowl/desktop
Add milk/move files

XL Bologna Pony
Aug 14, 2012, 03:57 PM
I'm not the only one having trouble. This patch simply doesn't work for everyone for some reason, hence the Launcher 1.04 that was made. I just want to try everything I can before I attempt the Launcher.

Crevox
Aug 14, 2012, 03:59 PM
I don't get how people are having trouble with the patch it's easier than making cereal.

And yet one time I used chocolate milk in my cereal...

... a day that scarred me forever...

This patch simply doesn't work for everyone for some reason

It's a windows privilege issue. It's the same problem every single time and the same solution every single time.

Geistritter
Aug 14, 2012, 04:00 PM
Hey, I did that too. It's a great idea on paper.

Crevox
Aug 14, 2012, 04:01 PM
Hey, I did that too. It's a great idea on paper.

Except it was a mistake when I was super sleepy... I swear, that gallon was white...

Lostbob117
Aug 14, 2012, 04:10 PM
I'm sure there's someone somewhere that can't comprehend "put in bowl".

I'm sure everyone with a computer can comprehend "put in a bowl" if they can't I don't know how they use a computer.

Gama
Aug 14, 2012, 04:12 PM
really i actualy like chocolate milk with my cereal

mind you. its kornflakes.

watashiwa
Aug 14, 2012, 04:16 PM
Wouldn't support for this patch be better found at it's originating website?

Jakosifer
Aug 14, 2012, 04:19 PM
Hey hey hey! -smacks you with magical heart rod- Watch your language ne~!

First you make an attempt on my life by giving me diabetes. Now you're abusing me?! I sure know how to pick em...

XL Bologna Pony
Aug 14, 2012, 04:22 PM
Wouldn't support for this patch be better found at it's originating website?

Already posted there as well, thanks. Unfortunately it isn't viewed very often so I came here for a chance to get some help. Thanks for your input.

Laxedrane
Aug 14, 2012, 04:33 PM
I'm sure everyone with a computer can comprehend "put in a bowl" if they can't I don't know how they use a computer.

I have the pleasure of working with someone who I personally how to teach how to do dishes becuase quote "We don't do many dishes at my house." But she knew how to operate an I-phone.

subluminus
May 17, 2013, 11:23 PM
I have done everything I can to make the english patch work, it still doesn't. I can't find any forum support that will make it work with the current version of PSO2. I have tried, literally everything I know to do.

When I patch it, the game starts up, but hits the black screen on the title screen, and I have done it dozens of times, in different ways now and no matter what it won't work. I even waited for it to think about it for a bunch of time. Dunno what to do.

Maronji
May 17, 2013, 11:25 PM
I have done everything I can to make the english patch work, it still doesn't. I can't find any forum support that will make it work with the current version of PSO2. I have tried, literally everything I know to do.

When I patch it, the game starts up, but hits the black screen on the title screen, and I have done it dozens of times, in different ways now and no matter what it won't work. I even waited for it to think about it for a bunch of time. Dunno what to do.

First of all, you could've done with making your own thread instead of necroing a 9-month-old one.

Second of all, are you using the May 17th Core Patch? The only older one that will work is the May 15th patch. Anything else will cause issues in the game.

subluminus
May 17, 2013, 11:32 PM
How do you get the May 17th Patch? I don't know where this patch is supposed to be. And you are quite right, I could have made my own thread. Can't say I have heard of necroing though. Just seems like a waste to make a new thread anytime this comes up. Should I do that anyway? Would it make it easier for other people with this issue to find it?

subluminus
May 17, 2013, 11:53 PM
I've been pretty much chasing my tail trying to find a working patch, and I end up going in circles on the forums trying to find the right patch. I follow links and bread crumbs only to end up at the same patch that doesn't work.

Aeris
May 18, 2013, 12:41 AM
Its on the forums that where you got the last/previous patch in the same place, i can't say the website here since its against the rules but you can google it if you can.

SociableTyrannosaur
May 18, 2013, 02:48 AM
Actually, it's exactly as complex as making cereal.

Get cereal/file
Put in bowl/desktop
Add milk/move files

Actually it's more like:

Get box of cereal (download)
Get bowl (access destination folder)
open box of cereal (open rar file)
pour cereal (drag files to destination folder) (done)
get milk (????download large files maybe though I dont consider milk optional)
open milk(????see where I'm going here?)
pour milk to preference of milk to cereal ratio(????milk still not optional but whatevs)
Get a spoon (open launcher)
Eat (play the goddamned game, noob)