PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to currently go Premium?

Sephirah
Aug 14, 2012, 09:18 PM
So since the embargo placed on American Credit Cards, the only other method to get AC on bumped requires purchasing physical webmoney vouchers which frankly, seems like too much of a hassle.

Is there any other way to upgrade to a premium account atm?

Valymer
Aug 14, 2012, 09:24 PM
Have you tried to buy 500AC lately? I bought some not long ago, you might wanna try it.

Though if it is no longer working for you, I think you are SoL unless you use WebMoney or something

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 14, 2012, 09:25 PM
Buy 3 lots of 500AC and there's your Premium!

... Only other way is to use Webmoney.

Sephirah
Aug 14, 2012, 09:36 PM
Have you tried to buy 500AC lately? I bought some not long ago, you might wanna try it.

Though if it is no longer working for you, I think you are SoL unless you use WebMoney or something

I haven't tried yet because last I heard all non-japanese credit cards were being declined, has that changed?

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 14, 2012, 09:38 PM
Sakai says they blocked them, but some people have found they can still make purchases of 500 AC at a time.

Gany
Aug 14, 2012, 09:41 PM
Yup, buy in 500AC increments and you'll be fine. Just purchased 3000AC about an hour ago with my BoK debit card.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 14, 2012, 10:11 PM
Yup, buy in 500AC increments and you'll be fine. Just purchased 3000AC about an hour ago with my BoK debit card.

Nek Minnit, call from bank re multiple identical transactions.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 14, 2012, 10:11 PM
I haven't tried yet because last I heard all non-japanese credit cards were being declined, has that changed?

My Bank of America card worked just fine the other day for 500AC.

Kylie
Aug 14, 2012, 10:46 PM
Yeah, 500 AC works for me, and I use Visa. No idea why.

kkow
Aug 14, 2012, 11:47 PM
both visa and mc work for me in 500ac increments

Arika
Aug 14, 2012, 11:56 PM
Anyone try Amex to purchase more than 1000 yet?

Emraell
Aug 15, 2012, 12:03 AM

Yup. Declined, please contact bank.

Inazuma
Aug 15, 2012, 12:11 AM

I might try to buy the 10k yen one again with my AMEX card, mostly to test this. That would suck if they actually did block foreign cards.

moorebounce
Aug 15, 2012, 12:17 AM
I just followed what they said on Bumped and got 2000AC in one transaction. If you can stomach the mark up you can buy whatever amount you want.

Arika
Aug 15, 2012, 12:44 AM
I just followed what they said on Bumped and got 2000AC in one transaction. If you can stomach the mark up you can buy whatever amount you want.

Can u explain?

Chik'Tikka
Aug 15, 2012, 12:51 AM
i didn't read it much, but as far as i can tell, you can use a credit card or PayPal to buy webmoney, then use webmoney to buy AC, PayPal charges for usage, then Webmoney charges for usage, and all the steps just make me nervous+^_^+ so ima wait for more concrete and simpler payment methods+^_^+

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 15, 2012, 12:57 AM
Can u explain?

He's lying of course, there's no option to buy 2000 AC in a single transaction, now is there?
http://i45.tinypic.com/rud1jb.jpg

i didn't read it much, but as far as i can tell, you can use a credit card or PayPal to buy webmoney, then use webmoney to buy AC, PayPal charges for usage, then Webmoney charges for usage, and all the steps just make me nervous+^_^+ so ima wait for more concrete and simpler payment methods+^_^+

Yep +^_^+ many middlemen clicking the ticket along the way+^_^+ Is it really worth the markup? +^_^+

The Walrus
Aug 15, 2012, 01:03 AM
I highly doubt we'll ever get a simpler way to get AC. They're not gonna do it for us gaijin when they even said for us to not buy AC.

Chronosv2
Aug 15, 2012, 01:08 AM
The WebMoney method does work; the markup is actually due to people selling you a points code, not any different than, say, buying a JP PlayStation Network card. 2000pt WM card = 2000 yen + 500 yen markup = 2500 yen, converted to your home currency, and that's what you pay. So yes, there's a mark-up, but it's either that or 500AC x4 through your credit card (if that even works for you, not to mention possible fraud check) and conversion/transaction fees on top of that. As it stands 500 yen is $6.35 roughly, so $25.38 plus any transaction fees your bank imposes on international payments. So the WebMoney method is a bit more expensive at $31.72 but you have the peace of mind of knowing that your payment WILL succeed.

Edit: 2000WMpts -> 2x 1000AC purchases. That's what was meant by 2000AC above.
Edit 2: In regard to the math on the transactions, I rounded so you guys didn't get unnecessarily long decimals. There's a fraction of a cent in the math there that I didn't show, thus the 6.35 somehow coming up to 25.38.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 15, 2012, 01:19 AM
Edit: 2000WMpts -> 2x 1000AC purchases. That's what was meant by 2000AC above.

But that's two transactions, that's 1000AC twice, that's not one transaction, and I quote: 'got 2000AC in one transaction.'

Chronosv2
Aug 15, 2012, 01:22 AM
But that's two transactions, that's 1000AC twice, that's not one transaction, and I quote: 'got 2000AC in one transaction.'?

Okay, must have missed that bit, but technically it is one financial transaction (user-side at least, still technically 2 once you have the points), as compared to four. One bank/credit card transaction is a lot less likely to raise red flags than four, whereas I'm pretty sure buying chunks of AC in increments depending on how much WebMoney you want to spend is probably pretty normal.

Edit: Also thought I should add: The overall markup on WM Points is less the more you buy, so one good way to get premium for multiple months would be to buy a larger chunk of WebMoney points (say, 5000 points) and then use that to buy a multi-month premium. Will save you more money than buying 2000 points every month.

.Jack
Aug 15, 2012, 01:29 AM

I haven't had a single decline yet using a prepaid AMEX, and I purchased more than that this past weekend.

Yup. Declined, please contact bank.

Recent joined member. Only one post. Hmm...

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 15, 2012, 01:33 AM
Okay, must have missed that bit, but technically it is one financial transaction
But isn't Webmoney a form of stored value payment hence a form of currency? Therefore it's 3 financial transactions that have just taken place, to purchase 2000AC. I mean, you're exchanging real currency for stored value currency, and then you're exchanging that stored value currency to in-game currency, they're all financial transactions.

Edit: Also thought I should add: The overall markup on WM Points is less the more you buy

Yeah, I sold some WM to a friend once, and Paypal charged me like 7 bux, so you can blame them for that one.

Blackheart521
Aug 15, 2012, 01:35 AM
Can't you just buy WM with a Credit/Debit Card?

moorebounce
Aug 15, 2012, 01:37 AM
But that's two transactions, that's 1000AC twice, that's not one transaction, and I quote: 'got 2000AC in one transaction.'

lol It's one because I bought the 2000 webmoney code from SuTo corp (at a mark up of course). After you buy the code you're just using webmoney to transfer it to your PSO2 account. You're just transfering it in 1000 chunks. All you have to do is follow what it says on Bumped.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 15, 2012, 01:40 AM
After you buy the code you're just using webmoney to transfer it to your PSO2 account. You're just transfering it in 1000 chunks. All you have to do is follow what it says on Bumped.

You're using Webmoney, which is a form of currency, to buy 2 sets of 1000AC, that's 2 transactions on top of your original one, hence 3 transactions.

Chronosv2
Aug 15, 2012, 01:44 AM
But isn't Webmoney a form of stored value payment hence a form of currency? Therefore it's 3 financial transactions that have just taken place, to purchase 2000AC. I mean, you're exchanging real currency for stored value currency, and then you're exchanging that stored value currency to in-game currency, they're all financial transactions.

This is true, but it's all coming down to technicalities at this point. In this case, if we really want to get technical it'd be four transactions (Bank -> PayPal -> WebMoney -> AC) but in this case I'm actually referring to the number of transactions you're going to see on your next bank/credit card statement, which is going to be one unless you buy 2x 2000pt, in which case it'd have been better to get 5000pt. That's the one transaction that really counts because should it fail (which direct AC purchases do now in most cases) the whole process of money to AC grinds to a halt. I guess shame on me for not explaining what I mean better. :/

moorebounce
Aug 15, 2012, 01:46 AM
You're using Webmoney, which is a form of currency, to buy 2 sets of 1000AC, that's 2 transactions on top of your original one, hence 3 transactions.

If I only bought it once it's one transaction in my opinion. SuTo Corp was the only one who made money out of the deal hance one transaction. You can think whatever you want. All I know is I have AC on my PSO2 account and got it w/o a credit card. As far as Sega is concerned I'm Japanese.

Chronosv2
Aug 15, 2012, 01:52 AM
Either way, I think the initial question has been answered at this point, so I think I'm done talking technicalities. I hope my input on the topic can help some people make informed decisions, especially if your card isn't accepted by ISAO anymore.

xynime
Aug 15, 2012, 02:52 AM
Buy 3 lots of 500AC and there's your Premium!

... Only other way is to use Webmoney.

hello im new here, excuse me i abit confuse on this part did u say premium cost 1500AC = 20USD ? but if i read it right .. here http://kotaku.com/5923085/phantasy-star-online-2-is-free-but-heres-stuff-you-can-buy/gallery/1 it cost bloodly 80USD =.= ... 80bucks is too much for me .. i kind of need premium mainly becoz selling item and trding feature ^^; thats all ... >.>" .. also 1more thing did they block Cards payment meathod around the world except japan or its open as long ur in/a Asian?

sorry for my bad english ^^;

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 15, 2012, 03:06 AM
hello im new here, excuse me i abit confuse on this part did u say premium cost 1500AC = 20USD ? but if i read it right .. here http://kotaku.com/5923085/phantasy-star-online-2-is-free-but-heres-stuff-you-can-buy/gallery/1 it cost bloodly 80USD =.= ... 80bucks is too much for me .. i kind of need premium mainly becoz selling item and trding feature ^^; thats all ... >.>" .. also 1more thing did they block Cards payment meathod around the world except japan or its open as long ur in/a Asian?

sorry for my bad english ^^;

Premium package is different from 30 days premium access to the game, which is 1300.

Husq
Aug 15, 2012, 03:06 AM
If you are not in a hurry, (11/12th) September is almost here. And it seems that some gaming shops will be selling PSO2 designed Web Money cards, in 2000 and 5000JPY, besides the premium pack. The mark up will be probably less than what the current few resellers are offering. I am not too sure if it is a physical card with PSO art on it (which I want), or just a digital picture with PSO art.

As for shops, amiami and play-asia seem to be stocking them, once released.

Alternatively bitcash have accepted foreign credit cards in the past, but it is likely that they have stop doing that, if anyone know more, let us know.

Inazuma
Aug 15, 2012, 05:12 PM
Well, despite Sega saying they started blocking all foreign cards, I can still buy AC.

Today, August 15th, I used my American Express and successfully purchased 10,000 yen AC in one transaction. It worked perfectly and the AC showed up in game.

Arika
Aug 15, 2012, 11:39 PM
Well, despite Sega saying they started blocking all foreign cards, I can still buy AC.

Today, August 15th, I used my American Express and successfully purchased 10,000 yen AC in one transaction. It worked perfectly and the AC showed up in game.

Thank for confirm. Seem Alex still work good then

.Jack
Aug 16, 2012, 12:21 AM

I've yet to buy the max amount but all the others also go through with no problem so that's good to hear.