PDA

View Full Version : Worth to play PSO2 right now with GG?

xowhd5428
Aug 15, 2012, 05:05 AM
So i am one of many lucky ones who hasnt updated the game since last week and is it worth to get GG updated or should i stop playing until SEGA solves this issue (wonder when this would happen but oh well...)

But looking at the GG thread i feel like how mass internet community is like "upgrade to win7 because it pwns xp front and rear" and look who laughing in the end T.T

Nerineri
Aug 15, 2012, 05:12 AM
I think it depends. Some people got this GG error while others are lucky with no issue. I am one of those lucky others.

xowhd5428
Aug 15, 2012, 05:15 AM
I think it depends. Some people got this GG error while others are lucky with no issue. I am one of those lucky others.

I thought the lucky ones are mostly 32bit Windows user?
Meh considering I have 64-bit win7 and use many programs ppl have problems with, i wonder if its worth it or not >.>
(might even consider dual boot to 32bit with this T.T)

Nerineri
Aug 15, 2012, 05:17 AM
Oh, I dunno. Mine is win7 64bit, and I didn't have any problem at all.

darkante
Aug 15, 2012, 05:17 AM
I can't use mozilla while it's on, otherwise i can play fine.
Sucks though.

xowhd5428
Aug 15, 2012, 05:21 AM
I can't use mozilla while it's on, otherwise i can play fine.
Sucks though.

so far what i have been reading its caused with 64bit windows file and programs, so use FF 32bit? which would force all the plugins in 64bit (such as adobe flash) to be on 32bit ? I dont know, i dont use FF

CelestialBlade
Aug 15, 2012, 06:19 AM
No problems at all here; running 64bit Win7 Ultimate. GG and PSO2 are 32bit apps so I can see that being an issue regarding the extent of resources it can use, but it should not logically be (and clearly isn't) the problem.

I use Chrome but I've heard a lot of issues are from Firefox users, and some have persisted since the game released. Looks to be merely a software conflict there from GG's lowest-bidder programming, but I can't speak to the OS issues.

Arika
Aug 15, 2012, 06:19 AM
I thought the lucky ones are mostly 32bit Windows user?
Meh considering I have 64-bit win7 and use many programs ppl have problems with, i wonder if its worth it or not >.>
(might even consider dual boot to 32bit with this T.T)

Win-7 64 bit. no problem too.
Well, my anti virus dislike gameguard, but all I need to do is just click "Allow"

gigawuts
Aug 15, 2012, 06:22 AM
Oh, I dunno. Mine is win7 64bit, and I didn't have any problem at all.

Same general specs, not many issues. I have noticed Firefox locking up with the game open, although I normally use Chrome which hasn't had any issues at all. I'm in the game right now.

edit: In fact, this morning I updated windows no problems - I hadn't actually run the game before or while updating, though.

Crevox
Aug 15, 2012, 06:24 AM
It's fine as long as you don't do things that will invoke the BSOD.

xowhd5428
Aug 15, 2012, 06:24 AM
I guess trying is the only option to see if it works..

Macman
Aug 15, 2012, 06:27 AM
I'd rather not. Gameguard alone is bothersome enough, but having it kill components of your OS and causing it to no longer think it's a genuine copy of Windows is more than enough to make me take a hiatus.

xowhd5428
Aug 15, 2012, 06:34 AM
I'd rather not. Gameguard alone is bothersome enough, but having it kill components of your OS and causing it to no longer think it's a genuine copy of Windows is more than enough to make me take a hiatus.

i think "certain" method wold fix that which i would not mention :P

Arika
Aug 15, 2012, 08:03 AM

So, my guess is that people who have problem with GG are those who didn't use licensed window?

GreenArcher
Aug 15, 2012, 08:43 AM
So, my guess is that people who have problem with GG are those who didn't use licensed window?

No, that's one of the problems that is occurring because of gameguard. My girlfriend's laptop is now saying that "this copy of windows is not genuine" since that update (despite it being a legitimate copy)

Ana-Chan
Aug 15, 2012, 08:54 AM
No problems at all here; running 64bit Win7 Ultimate. GG and PSO2 are 32bit apps so I can see that being an issue regarding the extent of resources it can use, but it should not logically be (and clearly isn't) the problem.

The latest update of GG added two 64 bit components. GameMon64.des and a driver that it silently installs named dump_wmimmc.sys.
It is also not a problem for 32 bit applications to access the NT objects in general. They aren't sandboxed afterall. When a 32 bit application is running, if it calls anything that requires access to drivers/NT namespace then it literally calls into ntdll.dll (the 32 bit version), this then calls the WoW layer DLL loaded at a well known fixed address, this then calls ntdll.dll (the 64 bit version) which has direct access to the 64 bit related stuff.

Bael
Aug 15, 2012, 09:50 AM
To answer your question. No. ANY game with gameguard is NOT worth it.
but that doesn't keep people from playing....why should you not play?

DoubleCannon
Aug 15, 2012, 10:07 AM
I have not once had a single GG update problem, game updates and plays perfect for me. PSO2 and GG must just love me i think lol

Arika
Aug 15, 2012, 10:12 AM
No, that's one of the problems that is occurring because of gameguard. My girlfriend's laptop is now saying that "this copy of windows is not genuine" since that update (despite it being a legitimate copy)

That problem could be fix by phone to microsoft, and ask them to generate special activate code for you.

Zipzo
Aug 15, 2012, 10:20 AM
That problem could be fix by phone to microsoft, and ask them to generate special activate code for you.
I don't think you're getting it.

xowhd5428
Aug 15, 2012, 07:20 PM

Yes her girlfriend could fix that but what if it happens EVERYTIME the game is running?

The point is that a mere anti hack program is UN-VALIDATING a legitimate copy of windows

Thats one heck of bad implementation to achieve that

Mikura
Aug 15, 2012, 07:32 PM
I didn't have any problems the one night I played after the GG update, but I think I'll lay off the game for a little while anyway. Rather not risk a BSOD until they get another patch in to fix this BS.

LordChampion
Aug 16, 2012, 09:50 PM

So THAT'S why I got that message! I was wondering.

Aeris
Aug 16, 2012, 10:06 PM
I didn't have any problems the one night I played after the GG update, but I think I'll lay off the game for a little while anyway. Rather not risk a BSOD until they get another patch in to fix this BS.

Pretty much they reversed what they did with the update now.

supersonix9
Aug 16, 2012, 11:54 PM
No error for me. I guess it was just for certain people.