send SEGA all the .erl files in the GameGuard folder
Win7 64-bit:
C:\Program Files\(x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\Game Guard

Win7/XP 32-bit:
C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\GameGuard

to [email protected]

to be investigated on the major issue with GG conflicting with our computer

I hope this GG issue is resolved fast T.T

tho i wonder, how are we gonna tell sega about bugs and software when we dont speak jap?

I guess its upto JP playerbase since they are the majority?

Jay6
Aug 15, 2012, 05:21 AM
Considering that all I would want to say is "GET RID OF GAMEGUARD," they wouldn't listen to me anyways.

xowhd5428
Aug 15, 2012, 05:32 AM
Considering that all I would want to say is "GET RID OF GAMEGUARD," they wouldn't listen to me anyways.

ahahahaha

I think the better solution would have been to use different revision so that the 64bit cheat engine issue wouldnt even exist and stick with 32bit monitoring instead of that 64bit solution sega came with because 64bit coding is annoying as anything can get from hacking tool perspective (anoying to get 64bit hack to work with 32bit game) and ofc even from commercial programming (i rly think the GG 64bit update was a rush)

Takatsuki
Aug 15, 2012, 05:44 AM
If someone could write us up a template in Japanese to report with, that would be great.

Sp-24
Aug 15, 2012, 05:48 AM
I'll be using this one:

「nPro DIE好き<3 (https://twitter.com/hilde/status/235373123648761857)」

xowhd5428
Aug 15, 2012, 05:53 AM
I'll be using this one:

「nPro DIE好き<3 (https://twitter.com/hilde/status/235373123648761857)」

now u interest me to download JAP live language pack from windows update which would essentially turn my entire comp to native-jap Win7 as it can get..... just for sake of this >.>

Sp-24
Aug 15, 2012, 05:59 AM
now u interest me to download JAP live language pack from windows update which would essentially turn my entire comp to native-jap Win7 as it can get..... just for sake of this >.>

I haven't tried it with PSO2 yet, but if my SSMO experience is of any indication, changing your system locale (so your OS is as close to a Japanese one as possible) and then trying to play a game that uses Gameguard is impossible. Guess why. :P

xowhd5428
Aug 15, 2012, 06:05 AM
I haven't tried it with PSO2 yet, but if my SSMO experience is of any indication, changing your system locale (so your OS is as close to a Japanese one as possible) and then trying to play a game that uses Gameguard is impossible. Guess why. :P

I meant this
http://puu.sh/Vw8Q

If u understood by non unicode setting and applocale setting(which i didnt meant)

Daiyousei
Aug 15, 2012, 07:27 AM

My system's been running on the Japanese locale forever, no problems with any game using GG, Including PSO2.

Mystil
Aug 15, 2012, 07:30 AM
no problems with gameguard here, but Im not gonna dismiss the fact that its useless.

ScottyMango
Aug 15, 2012, 07:39 AM
Personally, I haven't had any problems either.

I guess all that means is that I'm lucky, because I know GameGuard is an utter piece of shit. It does absolutely nothing to prevent cheating, to the point where it might as well not even be there.

But, no, it is there, and the only thing it has ever successfully done is fuck over innocent people who just wanna play a game.

Now, I'm pretty sure there's no laws preventing them from continuing on in this fucktarded fashion, but nothing would make me happier than if somehow INCA got blasted away with lawsuits or something of the sort, for all the damage they've caused to people's PCs.

Does SEGA currently have a contract with them or something? What an 'evil', piece of shit company.

Sp-24
Aug 15, 2012, 08:10 AM
While I haven't directly submitted anything to Sega yet, I feel like this is a good start:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7364/npro.jpg

My system's been running on the Japanese locale forever, no problems with any game using GG, Including PSO2.

"Forever" means that you didn't install PSO2, or any other GG-using game, on non-Japanese locale before switching, right?

Zipzo
Aug 15, 2012, 08:55 AM
This might be a silly question, it's complete conjecture on my part...but could there possibly be region confliction (IE Not a JP OS)?

Ana-Chan
Aug 15, 2012, 09:04 AM

The language pack doesn't do anything different, it just displays the text in Japanese rather than your native language.
The differences in settings that you need to worry about to make your system Japanese is the Language for non Unicode programs (also known as the system locale) and your numbers and formats settings. These alone are enough to make your system close enough Japanese.
This is because starting with Windows Vista, Microsoft made the Windows codebase region free. So the only difference between an English version, Japanese version, Spanish version (insert any other version you want here) is the language pack and the settings, all of the binary files are identical.

The Walrus
Aug 15, 2012, 09:18 AM
This might be a silly question, it's complete conjecture on my part...but could there possibly be region confliction (IE Not a JP OS)?

The japanese people are having issues too

Gardios
Aug 15, 2012, 10:05 AM

Likewise.

nPro still sucks, though.

aozora
Aug 15, 2012, 10:22 AM
Is anybody having problems with FRAPS not working??

xowhd5428
Aug 15, 2012, 07:22 PM
The language pack doesn't do anything different, it just displays the text in Japanese rather than your native language.
The differences in settings that you need to worry about to make your system Japanese is the Language for non Unicode programs (also known as the system locale) and your numbers and formats settings. These alone are enough to make your system close enough Japanese.
This is because starting with Windows Vista, Microsoft made the Windows codebase region free. So the only difference between an English version, Japanese version, Spanish version (insert any other version you want here) is the language pack and the settings, all of the binary files are identical.

I did that bak when i was playing something i forgot,
now I am totally used to having yen sign as my \ :P