PDA

View Full Version : English Patch (Aug 15th)

Not Crazed
Aug 15, 2012, 08:16 AM
So, do we need a new English patch? Or can we just extract the Aug 9th patch again? :o

Kondibon
Aug 15, 2012, 08:22 AM
I can confirm that the august 9th one still works.

CelestialBlade
Aug 15, 2012, 09:28 AM
We should really keep quiet about this in public guys. I'm not part of the fearmongering IP BAN LOL camp, but it's still probably not something we should parade around as much as we do. Sega found out about the last one and did a pretty damn good job of keeping the patch team at bay, so let's not take this for granted.

ScottyMango
Aug 15, 2012, 09:37 AM
Lol it's not like they don't already know.

Sakai already gave his thoughts on the English patch, and even so, talking/not talking about it here isn't going to change anything.

unicorn
Aug 15, 2012, 09:56 AM
Its against this forums rules to talk about patches or any game modifiers whatsoever.

▲➌〇N
Aug 15, 2012, 10:04 AM
were allowed to talk about just not saying where to get i think @_@

ScottyMango
Aug 15, 2012, 10:13 AM
Its against this forums rules to talk about patches or any game modifiers whatsoever.

No, no it's not.

It's against the rules to link them.

DoubleCannon
Aug 15, 2012, 10:20 AM

boy and I was hoping by now people would understand there is a difference between talking and linking.

I am currently updating the game and will englishize it and play it. To me this is not wrong in any way as it is not cheating / BAD hacking or anything like that. IT is merely a add on to break the language barrier as I am not an infant with a sponge for a brain there for learning a 2nd language is 100 times more difficult at my age now. I am very grateful for this special game enhanced tool :)

Bigsten
Aug 15, 2012, 01:32 PM
boy and I was hoping by now people would understand there is a difference between talking and linking.

I am currently updating the game and will englishize it and play it. To me this is not wrong in any way as it is not cheating / BAD hacking or anything like that. IT is merely a add on to break the language barrier as I am not an infant with a sponge for a brain there for learning a 2nd language is 100 times more difficult at my age now. I am very grateful for this special game enhanced tool :)

I'm with there dude! I'm in my mid 30's and my brain is certainly in that category. This patch is not server side and does not give us users any advantage in-game. Sega now this there not stupid, which is why none of us that use it have been banned. I bet you even the developers have installed it to see it for themselves and determine if its cheating or hacking...or not.

To answer the question, the 09/08 patch works fine, at least I have not seen anything 'broken yet'.

Xaton
Aug 15, 2012, 02:39 PM
if they did test it on their own im betting they went "whahh!? how they pull this off" XD as sakai did say somthing like suprised at how fast and far it got with translateing. [what happens when you motivate people and probly have team large as the world working as one.

Gardios
Aug 15, 2012, 03:01 PM
Why are we even talking about the patch here and not... you know, on the site that makes it? e_e

Lostbob117
Aug 15, 2012, 03:07 PM
Why are we even talking about the patch here and not... you know, on the site that makes it? e_e

Because they're being dumb. (I'm not talking about the site who made it. I'm talking about the people in the thread.)

Keilyn
Aug 15, 2012, 06:01 PM
Language patches are not malicious hacks. They are add-ons. The way they work is add entries linking to either another file or arraylist pointing to a language. The text placed is used in place of the original. This is done mostly for localization of games.

The only reason I know of any of this is because I have actually written them for fps, RPGs and have worked with roms in old games as part of community translation projects.

Amazing how when Americans work on translation patches, people become afraid and fill with fear. They talk about laws, policies and declaration almost as the nomadic tribes think they are cursing the obelisk somehow. Of course when Japanese, Chinese and Koreans take American and European software and translate the same thing in their language and put it up for bootlegs, sold on the street for real money, no one does anything

Sakai can go suck it, as well as anyone who thinks the have a halo over their heads.

Have you any idea of all the media Asian nations have ripped off the western world, translated and sold on their street without any official word? I thank the people who fansub anime and translate products because they are fans who do it for free and do not sell such work.

Though I understand three languages and am in my thirties and I am learning three more with decent success so far, I appreciate anyone who takes the time to translate for others any written work out there worth translating.

Please do not punish people for exercising an important skill, specially in a nation where the majority are fluent in one language, English, also as far as modding an add on. If things were illegal, shouldn't coders who work on psu mods be affected as well? There were Japanese who did code so e decent things....or does the Double standard exist that only if you are Japanese can you brek your own laws and the laws of other nations and get away with it?

jimmehjam
Aug 16, 2012, 12:53 PM
I copied and pasted the patch files again after the most recent up date and when i did it repatched the game and now its back to yapanese!! WTF!?

EvilMag
Aug 16, 2012, 12:54 PM
You guys seem to forget that this is the same company that says looking into the game's files is cheating.

jimmehjam
Aug 16, 2012, 12:57 PM
I never forget I just tend to overlook when awesomeness is presented in the form of a new game.

RemChu
Aug 16, 2012, 01:41 PM
You guys seem to forget that this is the same company that says looking into the game's files is cheating.

They want to protect the intellectual property. ;-)

Cyrusnagisa
Aug 16, 2012, 03:54 PM

I don't think they said that exactly, and again, not sure why people keep thinking this..... it is getting pretty annoying.... You will not get banned for using the English patch, and you can talk about it here just do not tell people where to get it or post links.

Skye-Fox713
Aug 16, 2012, 04:00 PM

Though using the english patch is against the PSO2 TOA because it is modifying the game files if I recall.