PDA

View Full Version : TIL: About those tree-hugging Fang Banthers...

JeyKama
Aug 15, 2012, 10:53 AM
Well, I haven't had a chance to do this emergency event too much, but today I learned you can pull the banthers into the small cul-de-sac at the SW corner of their arena, and if you fight them there, they won't jump up to the trees.

It's a big of a cage fight, but it's a lot less scary than I thought it would be, since they can't do their nasty long-range lunges.

Just thought that was a funny little trick. Might not be so viable for smaller groups that can't roast them quickly.

Hosaka
Aug 15, 2012, 11:12 AM
Not fun to fight them in there as a Hunter. :V

Shadowth117
Aug 15, 2012, 11:18 AM
I dunno, as a Force I love to be able to torch them til they fall out of the trees. They go on for 10 seconds or so burning when they fall out too so that's really nice.

JeyKama
Aug 15, 2012, 11:22 AM
It's just a pain in the ass chasing them down, plus wonky invisible tree walls blocking you, plus the center tree where you pretty much can't hit them at all.

As long as you have a good HU around to grab the kitty's attention and I guess a Weak Shot RA to quickly clip nails, those kills in the corner were actually a helluva lot safer and twice as fast as fighting them in the open.

Shadowth117
Aug 15, 2012, 11:36 AM
It's just a pain in the ass chasing them down, plus wonky invisible tree walls blocking you, plus the center tree where you pretty much can't hit them at all.

As long as you have a good HU around to grab the kitty's attention and I guess a Weak Shot RA to quickly clip nails, those kills in the corner were actually a helluva lot safer and twice as fast as fighting them in the open.

Well you're also thinking about team battles against him. I ended up soloing them a lot. Even aside from that though, my teams usually kill them pretty fast.

Also, just an FYI I wanna say that if you're close enough to them to be locked on when they're in the big tree you can still hit them out with rafoie.

Zorafim
Aug 15, 2012, 02:08 PM
Wait... Pulling them in the corner, so they can't jump away from you, so they can't do those jumps... That's brilliant! I was wondering how you were supposed to kill those things!