PDA

View Full Version : Need to re-DL pso2.

JanosA
Aug 15, 2012, 06:40 PM
I've been playing pos2 on my laptop, but I got a new PC today and need to re-download it on this computer. Can someone please tell me what I need to do?

I went to pso2.jp and tried, but it's asking me to start a new SEGA ID (I think).

The Walrus
Aug 15, 2012, 06:41 PM
You could always just transfer it over with a flash drive it something from the laptop

JanosA
Aug 15, 2012, 06:52 PM
Which files do I need? in the folder there's like 12 files/ folders. Sorry I'm not very good with computers obviously.

thanx for the help btw

IndigoNovember
Aug 15, 2012, 06:55 PM
Just take the whole folder.

JanosA
Aug 15, 2012, 06:57 PM
Ok. I'll try it.

thanks

JanosA
Aug 15, 2012, 07:04 PM
My flash drive doesnt have enough capacity for the files. Any other way besides buying a new flash drive?

Blackheart521
Aug 15, 2012, 07:15 PM
My flash drive doesnt have enough capacity for the files. Any other way besides buying a new flash drive?

you could transfer them all over WLAN or LAN, just get both your computers on the same network and transfer the folder over from the laptop to your new one. ^^

JanosA
Aug 15, 2012, 07:25 PM
you could transfer them all over WLAN or LAN, just get both your computers on the same network and transfer the folder over from the laptop to your new one. ^^

How do I do this? Both computers are on now. Do I need to connect the computers with a USB or something?

xowhd5428
Aug 15, 2012, 07:28 PM
ur both computer connected to internet?
Right click ur pso2 folder->right click->properties->sharing tab->press "share"->don't forget to add "Everyone" to the list of ppl who can use this folder

This is all assuming ur computer is both win7 and both are under home network
and
Didn't touch network name (default name should be "WORKGROUP"

Which then from ur new comp, go to Network folder and ur shared folder should pop up over network

JanosA
Aug 15, 2012, 07:47 PM
ur both computer connected to internet?
Right click ur pso2 folder->right click->properties->sharing tab->press "share"->don't forget to add "Everyone" to the list of ppl who can use this folder

This is all assuming ur computer is both win7 and both are under home network
and
Didn't touch network name (default name should be "WORKGROUP"

Which then from ur new comp, go to Network folder and ur shared folder should pop up over network

I cant seem to locate my pso2 folder. I right click the icon on my desktop to launch the game and click open file location, then I see all the individual folders.

ScottyMango
Aug 15, 2012, 07:59 PM
You could always just transfer it over with a flash drive it something from the laptop

That may, or may not work.

A lot of installers write to certain parts of your pc other than just the install directory. Things like registry, or other necessary miscellaneous files won't be copied if you just take the install folder and transplant it.

JanosA
Aug 15, 2012, 09:04 PM
Ok, I got the files over to my new PC. How do I save them? I click on pso2.exe and i get the pop up where you launch the game, then i get an error msg. gameguard.des.pat No.106

Ana-Chan
Aug 16, 2012, 02:42 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/download/
That is the downloader.

In addition to what ScottyMango said. The installer has the responsibility to prepare the computer for running the game. The icon that it puts onto your desktop for example is a link to pso2launcher.exe, not pso2.exe. During installation there are also some files that don't go into the PSO2 directory. So unless you really really really know what you are doing, using the installer is the only way you should try.