PDA

View Full Version : fullscreen? O__O

vampiregaara
Aug 15, 2012, 11:11 PM
Hey how do i get full screen in pso2?

Darnell0216
Aug 15, 2012, 11:16 PM
This will walk you through it :) http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-pre-open-beta-site-and-download-begins/

xowhd5428
Aug 15, 2012, 11:19 PM
http://puu.sh/VLS7

http://puu.sh/VLUk
Its the second bullet that says
フルスクリーン表示

Enforcer MKV
Aug 15, 2012, 11:28 PM
The third bullet is virtual Fullscreen. There isn't much difference, besides being more tab friendly. And if I recall right, V.Fullscreen is actually less taxing on your system, so...

If anyone more tech savvy can explain, or correct me, it'd be much appreciated. ^^;

Crevox
Aug 15, 2012, 11:51 PM
The third bullet is virtual Fullscreen. There isn't much difference, besides being more tab friendly. And if I recall right, V.Fullscreen is actually less taxing on your system, so...

If anyone more tech savvy can explain, or correct me, it'd be much appreciated. ^^;

Full screen mode is less taxing than virtual full screen, but virtual lets you multi-task/alt-tab easier.

Ana-Chan
Aug 16, 2012, 02:36 AM
Full screen mode is less taxing than virtual full screen, but virtual lets you multi-task/alt-tab easier.

Interestingly, I originally had more issues with performance when fullscreen was enabled than I did using windowed or virtual fullscreen.

Anyway, fullscreen is setting the game to fullscreen at specific fixed resolutions, it includes a video mode change and can result in the loss of the DirectX video memory (which results in the game closing) if you alt tab out. The resolutions that it works at are the usual 4:3 and 16:10 modes, but also includes 16:9 modes and other special resolutions too.

Virtual fullscreen is where it just creates a single moniter size window marked as always on top on your primary monitor (which is half of what fullscreen mode does anyway). This is really giving you the best of both worlds. You don't get any mode changes so things like alt + tab are instant.

Crevox
Aug 16, 2012, 03:47 AM
Interestingly, I originally had more issues with performance when fullscreen was enabled than I did using windowed or virtual fullscreen.

Shrug, I never used full screen on this game personally, but that's generally how it is.

Ana-Chan
Aug 16, 2012, 04:32 AM
That's generally how it was.

The performance difference originally was down to an extra step (that was slow) that you had to do for windowed mode games. For full screen, it was render to DirectX backbuffer -> swap buffers -> instantly displayed because of overlays. For windowed mode it was render to DirectX surface -> BitBlt to window HDC.

These days, especially with DirectX 10+ it isn't that bad. DirectX 10 added the capability to render directly to a window. But in general graphics processors are faster anyway, so the BitBlt is faster. There is also the greatness of DWM helping windowed mode DirectX games too.

vampiregaara
Aug 16, 2012, 09:20 AM
Hey i don't understand one thing you guys just said o__O??? ppl keep leading me to this site http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...wnload-begins/ but the setting on my pso2 is different it ain't white its blue back ground and i don't see any check box's

Ana-Chan
Aug 16, 2012, 10:04 AM
Are you trying to modify this setting in PSO2 itself?

You don't change to fullscreen mode in PSO2 itself. If you end up running the game (going past the GameGuard loader and stuff) then you have gone too far.

When you double click the PSO2 icon on your desktop, the launcher appears. On the launcher there is the big ゲームスタート button that you press to load PSO2 itself, don't press this. Instead, the button you want is the one below it.

If for some reason you are running pso2.exe directly, don't. You must run pso2launcher.exe to get to the screen settings.

vampiregaara
Aug 16, 2012, 10:15 AM
Are you trying to modify this setting in PSO2 itself?

You don't change to fullscreen mode in PSO2 itself. If you end up running the game (going past the GameGuard loader and stuff) then you have gone too far.

When you double click the PSO2 icon on your desktop, the launcher appears. On the launcher there is the big ゲームスタート button that you press to load PSO2 itself, don't press this. Instead, the button you want is the one below it.

If for some reason you are running pso2.exe directly, don't. You must run pso2launcher.exe to get to the screen settings.

Omg dude your a life saver thanks alot