PDA

View Full Version : I see. So that's where they got the Space Tuna idea from...

Acel
Aug 16, 2012, 02:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFCopED5kMM

Oh you hungry lil Minmay...

NeoRydia
Aug 16, 2012, 02:21 AM
WTH did I just watch????

sugarFO
Aug 16, 2012, 02:21 AM
LOL. more than 5 characters

RemChu
Aug 16, 2012, 02:42 AM
Excellent thread! :lmao

ShadowDragon28
Aug 16, 2012, 02:50 AM
It's sad that some people dont know what Macross/ "Robotech" is.... *sigh* Anime goes way back before Naruto, Pokemon, and DBZ.. ffs.

Here let me explain.

Giant Warrior Race the "Zentradi" attack the massive battle starship Macross (SDF-1) Hikaru a rookie fighter pilot gets into a variable jet-fighter-robot "Valkyrie" (aka Veritech fighter) and during the assault rescues the Idol Singer Lynn Minmei. The internal anti-grav is damaged and lots of stuff from the City INSIDE the Macross get sucked out into space.

Hikaru with Minmei crash and get cut off from the city, await rescue. They get hungry and Hikaru sees a large tuna that had gotten sucked out of the ship, and so wraps him self up, ties a tether and tries to grab the large tuna. He only manages to get the head, which they cook to eat. They start to become attracted to each other, and they are eventually get rescued..

The song in the video is "Zero-G Love" one of Lynn Minmei's J-pop songs she sings in the series.

Angelo
Aug 16, 2012, 02:56 AM
Hey look, a pilot in an orange suit crashing.

Xaeris
Aug 16, 2012, 02:58 AM
Ah, memories.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 16, 2012, 03:06 AM
yeah I see the Luke/SW:ESB parallel. lol I <3 the original Minmei songs, the "Robotech" english Minmay songs make me want to tear out my ear drums out

RemChu
Aug 16, 2012, 03:06 AM
It's sad that some people dont know what Macross/ "Robotech" is.... *sigh* Anime goes way back before Naruto, Pokemon, and DBZ.. ffs.

Here let me explain.

Giant Warrior Race the "Zentradi" attack the massive battle starship Macross (SDF-1) Hikaru a rookie fighter pilot gets into a variable jet-fighter-robot "Valkyrie" (aka Veritech fighter) and during the assault rescues the Idol Singer Lynn Minmei. The internal anti-grav is damaged and lots of stuff from the City INSIDE the Macross get sucked out into space.

Hikaru with Minmei crash and get cut off from the city, await rescue. They get hungry and Hikaru sees a large tuna that had gotten sucked out of the ship, and so wraps him self up, ties a tether and tries to grab the large tuna. He only manages to get the head, which they cook to eat. They start to become attracted to each other, and they are eventually get rescued..

The song in the video is "Zero-G Love" one of Lynn Minmei's J-pop songs she sings in the series.

Some people aren't that old. Only know of it because an older friend had a dvd of macross.

Oh and that one movie Macross plus or whatever is awesome. 8-)

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 16, 2012, 03:22 AM
Skull squadron nuff said.

JeyKama
Aug 16, 2012, 03:30 AM
Pineapple salad!

*runs off into a corner to sob*

Ana-Chan
Aug 16, 2012, 03:30 AM
It could be much much worse.
Listen to my song!!!!

ShadowDragon28
Aug 16, 2012, 03:38 AM
yeah in "Macross 7"; Nekki Basara over-played that one song waaay too much.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 16, 2012, 10:02 PM
a tomcat with arms??? whaa??? so much for aerodynamics+^_^+ also the space walk, that boy should have had hemorrhages that laid him in a hospital for weeks+^_^+

pikachief
Aug 17, 2012, 12:22 AM

Here let me explain.

the only thing I know about Robotech is that my dad loves Robotech and still has an old, really really nice Robotech poster (like nice quality, its make of some kind of fabric and rolls up into something)

Vashyron
Aug 17, 2012, 12:27 AM
Deculture~

Plus on the subject of stealing ideas and Macross, let me sacrifce my PB ability to do this as a Cast:

[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxnC6jkJyEM [/spoiler-box]

.....:wacko:

Enforcer MKV
Aug 17, 2012, 12:53 AM
Deculture~

Plus on the subject of stealing ideas and Macross, let me sacrifce my PB ability to do this as a Cast:

[spoiler-box] Macross Frontier Missile Massacre - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxnC6jkJyEM) [/spoiler-box]

.....:wacko:

.........DAMMIT, SEGA, DO IT!

*Goes to watch Macross Frontier, since he neglected 'any' of the Macross series after the original.*

ScottyMango
Aug 17, 2012, 12:57 AM
Loooool

I fuckin' love Robotech/Macross.

They parodied Robotech in Futurama once, and they even played the 'Alien Attack' song from the old soundtrack.

I shat my pants.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 17, 2012, 01:04 AM
Better yet, just turn me into this. Please?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.gundammodelkits.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Gundam-Model-Kit-Heavy-Arms-Custom01.jpg
I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING!!! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA![/SPOILER-BOX]

....*ahem* Sorry, I seem to have lost my composure.....

Yunfa
Aug 17, 2012, 01:06 AM
The more you know~~~~~~~~ what about the rest of the "special" weapons, like the hammer, Bouquet Rifle, etc.

Crystal_Shard
Aug 17, 2012, 01:10 AM
With all this talk about Macross/Robotech, I'm kinda surprised no one's talked about PSO 2's similarities to Macross F yet. We've even (technically) got a green haired singer performing on the ship.