PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 End Game?

Deadleewar
Aug 16, 2012, 07:58 AM
So hey guys I was just wondering what is everyone's view on PSO2 having content for only level capped characters? Would you want it in the future or not? Maybe if you do want it what type of ideas would you implement?

I personally would want End Game content only if it was done right. After all it is kinda pointless to reach the max level and then just get gear... what's the point in that? Make everything you already do even easier? Anyways I'm not sure exactly what type of end game I would want, maybe special bosses that are really hard to fight or something.

I was also thinking about a goodie system where instead of getting EXP FULL you instead get points that can be saved up to buy maybe a rare item or weapons/armor with different souls on them that can't be obtained from bosses. Maybe even costumes and cosmetics too.

So what do you think?

Takatsuki
Aug 16, 2012, 08:02 AM
You know the Big Vader fight?
Something like that. On a bigger scale.

Kondibon
Aug 16, 2012, 08:02 AM
Honestly I really like this idea, but I get the feeling they won't be doing it. So for now I'll be content if they star releasing endgame content with enemies well over the actual level cap for that extra challenge. I'd also like if they did the same with the existing zones. It would give people the option to go back to old things without being insanely overpowered for them.

Deadleewar
Aug 16, 2012, 08:10 AM
Honestly I really like this idea, but I get the feeling they won't be doing it. So for now I'll be content if they start releasing endgame content with enemies well over the actual level cap for that extra challenge. I'd also like if they did the same with the existing zones. It would give people the option to go back to old things without being insanely overpowered for them.

That would be interesting, although I feel if the monster AI was better this wouldn't really be needed. Maybe Challenge mode again?

You know the Big Vader fight?
Something like that. On a bigger scale.

I agree, although my only concern would be that some people's computers would have an aneurysm. xD

Kondibon
Aug 16, 2012, 08:12 AM
That would be interesting, although I feel if the monster AI was better this wouldn't really be needed. Maybe Challenge mode again?That's something else actually. I want higher difficutlies to have more complex AIs. But the thing is, when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter how complex the AI is. If the enemies are dying in 1 hit and barely scratching you, it's not gonna be a challenge.

Deadleewar
Aug 16, 2012, 08:25 AM
That's something else actually. I want higher difficutlies to have more complex AIs. But the thing is, when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter how complex the AI is. If the enemies are dying in 1 hit and barely scratching you, it's not gonna be a challenge.

Yeah this is true. All they really need to do is make their attacks do 15%-25% damage and then stop making the enemies flinch at every single attack lol.

I just thought of an idea that combines with yours, maybe they make a mission where all the enemies are a way higher level like you said and the goal is to see how long you can survive w/o the use of healing items!

Limbo_lag
Aug 16, 2012, 08:26 AM
They should implement some kind of "super-boss" for multi-party areas. Maybe something which spawns if you have enough players.

Kondibon
Aug 16, 2012, 08:36 AM
Oh and making enemies more aggressive in general. I've been able to stand around for upwards of 60 seconds and not get hit by anything.

eharima
Aug 16, 2012, 08:53 AM
Exp full !=FUN 10k exp = 1 FUN point
Should have been done already.

Limbo_lag
Aug 16, 2012, 09:04 AM
Oh and making enemies more aggressive in general. I've been able to stand around for upwards of 60 seconds and not get hit by anything.

Heh, not for me. Everything seems to target me, for some reason. Same for infinity :-?

gigawuts
Aug 16, 2012, 09:30 AM

Stop playing with 11 other players, or go to the floating continent and find a full spawn of Set Dinians to stand next to.

DoubleCannon
Aug 16, 2012, 09:30 AM
Exp full !=FUN 10k exp = 1 FUN point
Should have been done already.

10k=1 fun point... so 100k exp for 10 fun points... that just seems painful lol

Macman
Aug 16, 2012, 09:32 AM
1 million exp for a FUN scratch. That's levelling from 1-30 for ONE scratch. That's stingy lol

Jakosifer
Aug 16, 2012, 09:37 AM
Heh, not for me. Everything seems to target me, for some reason. Same for infinity :-?

Lol, Quartz Dragon seems to fixate on me in MPA's...his missiles always come for me, or he always charges at me resulting in instant gib if one of his douchebag dragon friend lasers/staggers me beforehand.
I wouldn't mind enemies being aggressive like in Infinity though, those Go Vahras, those Indi Belras...

Kondibon
Aug 16, 2012, 09:49 AM
Stop playing with 11 other players, or go to the floating continent and find a full spawn of Set Dinians to stand next to.

I'm talking about playing solo. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens often enough for me to notice it.

Shadowth117
Aug 16, 2012, 09:55 AM
10k=1 fun point... so 100k exp for 10 fun points... that just seems painful lol

I'd still take that over EXP FULL any day.

As someone who's been at the "End Game" for a while now, I'd really like to have some extra content though. I mean I can go farm and make money, but all rares but boss armors have stupidly low drop rates and I could run for a week without seeing them. I'd still make money from it, but it definitely gets boring after a time.

Boss enemy rankings can be fun, but I need a group for that every time to make it worth my while. Normal enemy rankings require stupid amounts of BS luck. Time Attack rankings once again require a team right now with good players of proper classes who know the run well, there's only one mission, and my class, while optimally geared, is not ideal for this particular run which bugs me to no end. I could TA old bosses or do battles against them with honor conditions (ex. no damage) I guess, but that gets old as well after a time and is bothersomely unrewarding for someone who wishes to do such things solo.

In fact, going back to the solo thing, there's not even much reward for doing anything that way other than the fact that you can do whatever you want done sans a group. The only missions that are designed for single play at the moment are the story missions and those were never supposed to be very difficult to begin with. It'd be great to have some side missions you are forced to do alone with boosted enemies or something.

But I digress, we just need some decent content for players who've managed to cap at the moment. It seems a bit silly for a player not to have much to do in an MMO type game specifically when they've reached said cap.

GreenArcher
Aug 16, 2012, 10:15 AM
PSO2 end game will probably consist of PSP2i's rebirth system or PSU's AP system

Mystil
Aug 17, 2012, 02:09 AM

I think the mobs just don't like you. If I stand around in the mines or tundra even, I'll get murdered.

RemChu
Aug 17, 2012, 02:29 AM
We just need super cool weapons and fashion stuff we can collect through some end game content :o

maybe some special awards too for end game time attack modes

Ueno54
Aug 17, 2012, 03:30 AM
End game content, the phrase alone makes me sigh. However I read your post and love the idea! Once I capped my hunter I practically abandoned it for Ranger outside of a few daily quests.

Deadleewar
Aug 19, 2012, 10:15 PM
Obviously some form of entertainment for maxed classes is needed for the in between time where they increase the level cap. Personally being to level AGAIN doesn't sound like it really adds anything to the game, except filling your inventory with junk lol.

Link1275
Aug 19, 2012, 10:45 PM
I think we're going to see this game hit level 300+ at this rate. Maybe 450-500+.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 19, 2012, 11:08 PM
I think we're going to see this game hit level 300+ at this rate. Maybe 450-500+.

all of my what

Macman
Aug 20, 2012, 08:47 AM
PSU didn't even reach the illustrious 200. What makes you think 300+ is viable?

moorebounce
Aug 20, 2012, 09:17 AM
level 200 is most likely the end and we aren't even at 25% of that yet. So why are we talking end game already. Techs and PAs will most likely will go to level 30 too (give or take whatever class you are). You got to crawl before you walk slow down OP.

Mizunos
Aug 20, 2012, 10:43 AM
So why are we talking end game already.
Because currently there is not enough content to keep capped players entertained, making them slowly lose interest in the game.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 20, 2012, 11:33 AM
PSO2 Endgame in a nutshell:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/emR6s.gif[/spoiler-box]

Enforcer MKV
Aug 20, 2012, 11:45 AM

I was entirely expecting a picture of Dodo.

jooozek
Aug 20, 2012, 11:48 AM

In 10 years maybe ^^;

tlbww
Aug 20, 2012, 12:00 PM
Add Ep 3 as a side venture, at a gallery shooting range, atk SW Battlefront pvp =D.

Well, add the first 1 at least.

Gardios
Aug 20, 2012, 12:09 PM
I doubt we'll even get to see Lv 200, unless they just stop giving you SP at one point.

Which would be stupid.

Meevs
Aug 20, 2012, 01:22 PM
I'll jut never understand why people intentionally play MMOs solo, why solo for rares if everyone gets there own drops now,

I'm at lvl 19(in a week) and I can't unlock any more koffee or do hard mode, so im stuck doing these solo quests for xp, why is the word ONLY in the client order quests? heh...

..in pso things didnt slow down till like lvl 40(heh) and it still wasnt that bad.. so if people are making threads about how to get to 30, what would getting to 200 be like? the focus of this game should be maps, bosses & quests

was in a multiparty yesterday and the xp was horribly slow, I mean I've played ffxi, but pso2 xp seems way slower, idk could just be b/c im so used to lvling pretty fast on pso.

In bb after getting to a certain lvl its fun to just kill stuff on different vh maps, i like vr spaceship b/c of the music and scenery...lol and jungle...and the ep. iv boss was fun,

but on here, they limit you to maps...so lets say, someone in my position, im forced to play a map i dont want to, as opposed to pso, no matter what cap i could enjoy any map i wanted...thats why with this model they need to add endgame content if we cant just enjoy a mines run whenever we want to. I know for me playing on new maps or a map i like alot overrides worrying about xp, hell i remember logging on to pso just for the music, maps and in game pt chats, and id be at like 20 with decent gear, it didnt matter, b/c someone wanted to do a rare hunt in the desert, so id tag along fight the boss all night, chat and have fun on a map i wanted to...

For endgame content, adding maps, armor, weps, "diff, various, multiple" mag abils new bosses for old maps, would be nice, and keep adding fun quests like cargo retrieval, i.e quests that dont just require you go in kill everything.

costumes should always be added, many of them look pretty goofy now for males at least

Link1275
Aug 20, 2012, 01:42 PM
Why do I say we'll see over level 200? Because, this game is just boring without leveling and it's and actual MMORPG now. If Sega wants to keep customers they have to increase the content. Which means that 10 years from now they'll have updated the graphics 20-30 times, and given us hundreds of levels(like increasing the cap by 1 every week eventually). Not to mention the Rares we will get eventually will top PWand and the Olga Flow Weapons in PSO by a 10 miles. They'll give us a never ending MMORPG, if they're willing to keep updating it rather than make another PS game.

Macman
Aug 20, 2012, 01:43 PM
You sure have your hopes up high.

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2012, 01:54 PM
I doubt we'll even get to see Lv 200, unless they just stop giving you SP at one point.

Which would be stupid.

No, I expect them to do exactly that to keep player activity up later on. Then they'll raise the SP cap and level cap later, with people over the new SP cap getting all the new SP at once.

Or they'll keep raising the level cap but move SP to a client order system after some level and dole out those CO's slowly.

Watch as in several years they go back on their word and let people max their trees to maintain interest in the game. At least, in PVE anyway. By then PVP trees may be separate.

Link1275
Aug 20, 2012, 02:01 PM
You sure have your hopes up high.
Hey, what happens if we hit level 1000? That would be fun wouldn't it? We would have something better than Ultimate difficulty wise for certain then.

Shadowth117
Aug 20, 2012, 02:47 PM
Hey, what happens if we hit level 1000? That would be fun wouldn't it? We would have something better than Ultimate difficulty wise for certain then.

... what kind of a thought process leads you to believe we'll ever be able to achieve a level that high in this game.

Coatl
Aug 21, 2012, 06:25 AM
... what kind of a thought process leads you to believe we'll ever be able to achieve a level that high in this game.

Too much Disgaea.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 21, 2012, 10:05 AM

Too much Disgaea.

Final boss of PSO2 will be a level 9,999 Baal Rappy

moorebounce
Aug 21, 2012, 10:58 AM
Because currently there is not enough content to keep capped players entertained, making them slowly lose interest in the game.

Thats not really Sega's fault. Sega needs to slowly roll this game out to try and make it's money. All I can say is slow down and experiment with new characters, gear, skill trees and mags.

Shadowth117
Aug 21, 2012, 11:23 AM
I'll jut never understand why people intentionally play MMOs solo, why solo for rares if everyone gets there own drops now,

I'm at lvl 19(in a week) and I can't unlock any more koffee or do hard mode, so im stuck doing these solo quests for xp, why is the word ONLY in the client order quests? heh...

..in pso things didnt slow down till like lvl 40(heh) and it still wasnt that bad.. so if people are making threads about how to get to 30, what would getting to 200 be like? the focus of this game should be maps, bosses & quests

was in a multiparty yesterday and the xp was horribly slow, I mean I've played ffxi, but pso2 xp seems way slower, idk could just be b/c im so used to lvling pretty fast on pso.

In bb after getting to a certain lvl its fun to just kill stuff on different vh maps, i like vr spaceship b/c of the music and scenery...lol and jungle...and the ep. iv boss was fun,

but on here, they limit you to maps...so lets say, someone in my position, im forced to play a map i dont want to, as opposed to pso, no matter what cap i could enjoy any map i wanted...thats why with this model they need to add endgame content if we cant just enjoy a mines run whenever we want to. I know for me playing on new maps or a map i like alot overrides worrying about xp, hell i remember logging on to pso just for the music, maps and in game pt chats, and id be at like 20 with decent gear, it didnt matter, b/c someone wanted to do a rare hunt in the desert, so id tag along fight the boss all night, chat and have fun on a map i wanted to...

You actually level VERY fast in this game if you know what you're doing. Turning in client orders gets you mass amounts of EXP. You can even repeat them too which makes things even easier. And honestly, once you get to Hard mode quests you're hardly forced to do one area. I leveled to 20-30 all over the place. 19 is just right on the border is all. Its really not as bad as you're making it out to be.

As for why people enjoy soloing, its definitely more of a challenge (everyone and their mother knows that Multi Party Areas are cake) and some (not all people) of the bosses can definitely screw you over if you slip up. It was always a way I enjoyed playing PSU although the rare drops for everyone ruins this. I like that system, but the game makes it pointless in most cases to solo for anything unless you don't have anyone to run with because of that.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 21, 2012, 12:12 PM
You actually level VERY fast in this game if you know what you're doing. Turning in client orders gets you mass amounts of EXP. You can even repeat them too which makes things even easier. And honestly, once you get to Hard mode quests you're hardly forced to do one area. I leveled to 20-30 all over the place. 19 is just right on the border is all. Its really not as bad as you're making it out to be.

As for why people enjoy soloing, its definitely more of a challenge (everyone and their mother knows that Multi Party Areas are cake) and some (not all people) of the bosses can definitely screw you over if you slip up. It was always a way I enjoyed playing PSU although the rare drops for everyone ruins this. I like that system, but the game makes it pointless in most cases to solo for anything unless you don't have anyone to run with because of that.

So this game has the same ps0 feature where rares drop more often if there are more people arround?

gigawuts
Aug 21, 2012, 12:18 PM
When a restaurant's food doesn't attract people to come back a second time it's not the customer's fault.

If players are getting bored it is in no way whatsoever the fault of the players. It is the company's fault. If players are getting bored it's because Sega is failing to deliver engaging content or to know what their players want.

If we were talking about a minority of players I'd agree that the game may not be for them, but I think I might be in the right when I say most players will at some point in time hit the level cap of their favorite class. Telling everyone to change classes might sound good on paper, but not many people actually enjoy going through the chore of leveling up to 30 again.

Some people might say they think it's fine, but the vast majority I've seen disagree, and if we're talking about making money then the majority is who Sega should be the most interested in catering to.

Shadowth117
Aug 21, 2012, 01:31 PM
So this game has the same ps0 feature where rares drop more often if there are more people arround?

Not really, but more enemies spawn with a larger group (ex. 2 spawns less than 4 ppl, 6 spawns way more, you get the point). Also, PSE Bursts, the biggest way to get drops in this are easier to get and maintain with many players. So in the end, you just get more drops with more people :/

When a restaurant's food doesn't attract people to come back a second time it's not the customer's fault.

If players are getting bored it is in no way whatsoever the fault of the players. It is the company's fault. If players are getting bored it's because Sega is failing to deliver engaging content or to know what their players want.

If we were talking about a minority of players I'd agree that the game may not be for them, but I think I might be in the right when I say most players will at some point in time hit the level cap of their favorite class. Telling everyone to change classes might sound good on paper, but not many people actually enjoy going through the chore of leveling up to 30 again.

Some people might say they think it's fine, but the vast majority I've seen disagree, and if we're talking about making money then the majority is who Sega should be the most interested in catering to.

This ^ 100%

Skyly HUmar
Aug 21, 2012, 01:37 PM
Not really, but more enemies spawn with a larger group (ex. 2 spawns less than 4 ppl, 6 spawns way more, you get the point). Also, PSE Bursts, the biggest way to get drops in this are easier to get and maintain with many players. So in the end, you just get more drops with more people :/

Awwww, I had my hopes up for the more people thing. Awell, at least now I know that the whole npc thing is always an option if theres not lots of people on. Thanks shadow.

Shadowth117
Aug 21, 2012, 02:12 PM
Awwww, I had my hopes up for the more people thing. Awell, at least now I know that the whole npc thing is always an option if theres not lots of people on. Thanks shadow.

Well actually, you do need a lot of people really. NPC's don't cut it for that. You'll still have a better time in a big group by far.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 21, 2012, 02:27 PM
I know that one from my time hunting tarnada and ardillo. Tarnada was on my first run with 12 people, we had a huge x burrst. Ardillo took loner but it was in a 8 person burst.

I know npcs boost the spawn ammount too though. Anone have any idea by how much?

blace
Aug 21, 2012, 02:30 PM
I solo often and bring NPC's when I can't find a party, but the amount of enemies jump from 2-3 to about 6-8 when I'm in a group or bring along a few NPC.

valmont
Aug 21, 2012, 02:43 PM
I know that one from my time hunting tarnada and ardillo. Tarnada was on my first run with 12 people, we had a huge x burrst. Ardillo took loner but it was in a 8 person burst.

I know npcs boost the spawn ammount too though. Anone have any idea by how much?

i think its 0.7

so 3 npc = 0.7 x 3 = 2.1
rounded down its 2 more spawns.
it seems different with pse burst though..
so, i could be wrong..

Skyly HUmar
Aug 21, 2012, 02:47 PM
i think its 0.7

so 3 npc = 0.7 x 3 = 2.1
rounded down its 2 more spawns.
it seems different with pse burst though..
so, i could be wrong..

From what I understand npcs don't have any effect on the level of pse.

And congrats on your first post.

Mystil
Aug 21, 2012, 04:25 PM

All the more reason why I don't like "update level caps" once again. Humans' many driving points is progression. People like to see themselves "grow". Roadblocks create attrition.

As for "just switch"; Or deviating from the class that "calls to them" so speak. How many people prefer to just stay FO or RA or HU and never switch? There's always that class specific dedicated group. Of course SEGA doesn't think of that stuff. Really makes you wonder, whether developers in general really are/were gamers to begin with.

AC9breaker
Aug 21, 2012, 06:37 PM

I feel like this has always been the case with "end game" in PSO/PSU games, and I'm fully expecting PSO2 to be the same. Challenge Mode and the occasional Quest updates with PSO kept me playing it. PSU totally lost me though.

ScottyMango
Aug 21, 2012, 06:50 PM
Totally agree with Mystil.

Dan Maku
Aug 21, 2012, 09:11 PM
ITT: people taking a F2P MMO too seriously

valmont
Aug 21, 2012, 10:28 PM
From what I understand npcs don't have any effect on the level of pse.

And congrats on your first post.

thanks..
yeah last time, me and my buddy farm with different parties, so we can bring more npcs.. with 2 players+6 npcs when the burst occured only 2-3 enemies spawn.. :)

Macman
Aug 22, 2012, 11:45 AM

PSO2 end game right now is not playing at all because I don't want GG invalidating my copy of Windows. :-P