PDA

View Full Version : Looking for MMO to play til this hits NA

HadesAlmighty
Aug 17, 2012, 03:14 AM
I can't wait for this game to come to north America. I've played psu for 6 years and was my first MMO. I've recently bought a gaming pc just for pso2!
But I'm wondering are there any MMOs I could play meanwhile with a similar experience.
All I care about is farming rares and selling in some form of shop to other real players.
Any suggestions?

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 17, 2012, 03:16 AM
play PSO2 with the english patch?

Rika-chan
Aug 17, 2012, 03:17 AM
play PSO2 with the english patch?

Pretty much what I was gonna say

Xaeris
Aug 17, 2012, 03:20 AM
Guild Wars 2 might strike your fancy if you're not concerned with the sci fi element of this game. It comes out at the end of the month.

Cyrillic
Aug 17, 2012, 03:39 AM
Welcome to the club.

I'm currently diving into TERA since the retail price dropped to 30$. but for something fun and free...

Elsword has a pretty fun keyboard and skill based combat system. Combo-based pve combat, most bosses rely on timing and dodging to survive. I don't know about the market quality though. I haven't been there in a while.

Zipzo
Aug 17, 2012, 08:01 AM
Guild. Wars. 2.

Darki
Aug 17, 2012, 08:04 AM
Phantasy Star Online 2.

is the one you'll find the most similar to the one you're waiting for.

<_<

NoiseHERO
Aug 17, 2012, 08:13 AM
I'm not sure if we're allowed to link to other games other than PSO2, but try this game out. It's really similar to the PSO series...

It's called PSO2

http://pso2.jp/

The combat and character creation is just as good.

Zipzo
Aug 17, 2012, 08:13 AM
Maybe he doesn't want to spoil his experience before playing his local version. He might want it to be fresh and new to him.

Sephirah
Aug 17, 2012, 09:03 AM
Maybe he doesn't want to spoil his experience before playing his local version. He might want it to be fresh and new to him.

Or he can play PSO2 now with the english patch and get being a noob out of the way so he can hit the ground running when the NA version comes out :)

Zipzo
Aug 17, 2012, 09:08 AM
Or he can play PSO2 now with the english patch and get being a noob out of the way so he can hit the ground running when the NA version comes out :)PSO2 doesn't require hardcore skill to clear all content available. As far as I'm concerned you can be a noob forever in PSO2 and it will never impede you.

Gardios
Aug 17, 2012, 09:18 AM
Playing with the English patch still doesn't offer the same experience a fully localized game does.

Zipzo
Aug 17, 2012, 09:22 AM
Not to mention some aren't really keen to go through the effort required to get the game downloaded, up and running. Then getting the english patch set up and working.

To a lot of you, easy, to others who don't often play foreign region games (or ever), nor mod their clients...it sounds annoying and bothersome.

jooozek
Aug 17, 2012, 09:42 AM
Try Spiral Knights, you just might like it.

GreenArcher
Aug 17, 2012, 10:05 AM
Not to mention some aren't really keen to go through the effort required to get the game downloaded, up and running. Then getting the english patch set up and working.

To a lot of you, easy, to others who don't often play foreign region games (or ever), nor mod their clients...it sounds annoying and bothersome.

As a first timer of playing a foreign region game, account creation took a few minutes, and it's pretty simple to download two things and copy+paste one into the other :)

But JP version isn't for everyone.

Zipzo
Aug 17, 2012, 10:23 AM
As a first timer of playing a foreign region game, account creation took a few minutes, and it's pretty simple to download two things and copy+paste one into the other :)

But JP version isn't for everyone.
It's not like I'm in disbelief here. Of course there are so ample minded individuals out there who don't have any trouble figuring it out.

Me personally, I had no trouble, but I still needed a guide to get through the account creation. Lots of people are immediately turned off instantly by that.

TaigaUC
Aug 18, 2012, 06:42 AM
Vindictus's combat is pretty similar to PSO/PSO2, but I think it lacks gameplay depth in the long run. It can be fun for a while. Also, beware Nexon USA having notoriously bad customer support.

I don't know if it's common knowledge, but TERA apparently has a 10? day free trial system going on. Probably a good idea to at least try that out. I often hear that TERA falls apart in the long run, though.

It seems like many people think highly of Guild Wars 2, but the game requires purchasing it to even try it out. At this point, I don't know if it's good or not, but I've always heard good things about the Guild Wars series.

If you don't care too much about it being an MMO or not, I've constantly heard no end to the magnificence of Dark Souls, of which the PC port is about to be released. I think it also has multiplayer, although I don't know anything about it.

A few other online action games I've heard of are Rusty Souls and Dungeon Fighter. They probably aren't too similar to PSO, but I haven't tried them so I don't know.

There are also some single player games that may be similar, but I don't know much about them either. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Darksiders 2, etc.

erehwoN
Aug 18, 2012, 09:41 AM
Champions Online or Star Trek Online. (both are Freemium)
I can just barely recommend them.
CO you are a superhero with near limitless customization.
STO you are a captain of a starship and go pew pew wherever no man has gone before.
And both are an actiony game. Lock-on action combat with blocking and whatnot. Relatively full 3D combat.

KEV1N
Aug 18, 2012, 10:06 AM
http://www.hellokittyonline.com/

Lostbob117
Aug 18, 2012, 10:08 AM
Playing with the English patch still doesn't offer the same experience a fully localized game does.

Oh yeah cause the localized game will have bad service. And you get to know the story.