PDA

View Full Version : I am Amazed Many of You Are Able to Grind Through the Game!

Kanivakil
Aug 18, 2012, 04:34 AM
I worked my way to level 20 in about two days, done all the Koffee quest up until I was hit in the face that I will not be able to move pass Dessert until I reach level 30. I approximate that it will take 1.5-2.5 thousand kills to gain a level. How do you persist on grinding to the next level?

Sizustar
Aug 18, 2012, 04:34 AM
Daily quest and multi-party and Emergency Mission makes reaching lv.30 easy.

Demon-
Aug 18, 2012, 04:47 AM
Yeah it's not about kills. It's all about client orders and PSE bursts for good exp.

blace
Aug 18, 2012, 04:51 AM
I don't have a lot of time to play, but I mostly rely on Client Orders and PSE Bursts. Just running through everything in every area can get you up there.

Arika
Aug 18, 2012, 05:43 AM
How do you expect them to keep spaming the same mission/ area, in PSO/PSU for years if they can't grind through this little bridge ?

CultOfPersonality
Aug 18, 2012, 05:54 AM
Client orders.

It's awesome after you get the 30 quest unlock for the level and the 90/90/90. During that you'll reach 23. Do some client orders til you're 25.

Go to sleep, wake up and re-do all the client orders.

You're all set.

Flame
Aug 18, 2012, 05:59 AM
yeah op sorry. It's a glaring design flaw and is pretty much the elephant in the room at this point. If not for this hitch the game would be a classy and fun experience. Fix it sega! Make tundra available in normal mode!

TaigaUC
Aug 18, 2012, 06:21 AM
I didn't have any trouble going through level 20 on my first character for all three classes, and I played through most of it alone (even without multiparty until later) or with one friend. Don't know why people complain about it so much.

At around level 20 you should have hard mode unlocked and a bunch of new daily/weekly client orders that give far more exp. By this point you should also have unlocked most of the kill orders given to you by the first few daily cilents. If not, you can unlock them by doing each available order at least once, and meeting certain requirements such as level or completion of certain quests. As you go through hard mode and do the new ones, you'll unlock a bunch more. You can also do the weapon quests for each class, and then turn them in as the class you want to level quickly.

And as always, the city quests are the best. You get +exp tickets from various things, particularly titles. Save them for city quests, and you should get 1 - 3 levels every city event.

Edit: It's also important to generally try and stick around populated multi party areas, as much higher chance for bursts = tons of exp, cash, items, etc.

darkante
Aug 18, 2012, 06:24 AM
I had no problems with this grind.
Just spam emergencys and whatever multi parties that is going on (use exp tickets as well).
Also, always have on the quest for enemy materials for the relevant missions you are on.
Bound to get a good exp flow then.

I think this game is a bit generous with exp, IMO.

Karazykid
Aug 18, 2012, 07:57 AM
I didn't have any trouble going through level 20 on my first character for all three classes, and I played through most of it alone (even without multiparty until later) or with one friend. Don't know why people complain about it so much.

At around level 20 you should have hard mode unlocked and a bunch of new daily/weekly client orders that give far more exp. By this point you should also have unlocked most of the kill orders given to you by the first few daily cilents. If not, you can unlock them by doing each available order at least once, and meeting certain requirements such as level or completion of certain quests. As you go through hard mode and do the new ones, you'll unlock a bunch more. You can also do the weapon quests for each class, and then turn them in as the class you want to level quickly.

And as always, the city quests are the best. You get +exp tickets from various things, particularly titles. Save them for city quests, and you should get 1 - 3 levels every city event.

Edit: It's also important to generally try and stick around populated multi party areas, as much higher chance for bursts = tons of exp, cash, items, etc.

What city and daily quests are you talking about? I've gotten a couple from the NPCs walking around like Alfi and Zeno. Is there a mission hub or something I haven't found?

Aegea
Aug 18, 2012, 07:57 AM
As far as grind goes, it's actually a lot more tolerable than most MMOs.

Tanarin
Aug 18, 2012, 08:25 AM
Yeah, I would not be complaining about the grind. Especially if you saw the grind in some other games. For example SMT Online (http://megaten.sesshou.com/wiki/index.php/Technical_Data#Experience_Table). This was made worse by the fact that for the longest time, the highest level area was designed for level 40-50 characters, and the cap was at level 90. Last time I played the game, it was an area for level 75 characters with the current cap you see (96).

moorebounce
Aug 18, 2012, 08:45 AM
The problem with the game is thats it's so good (for fans of the series) that people find it hard to put down myself included. I'm even remaking 2 characters because I got tired of waiting for the NA/EU release and went ahead and paid the gouging fees for webmoney since I can't use my credit card.

If you like a game grinding isn't a problem.

Darki
Aug 18, 2012, 12:02 PM
yeah op sorry. It's a glaring design flaw and is pretty much the elephant in the room at this point. If not for this hitch the game would be a classy and fun experience. Fix it sega! Make tundra available in normal mode!

I'd actually say that the solution would be better to escalate the access to hard mode Forest and Caves. You can unlock hard mode at level 20, yet you can't start doing most of them till level 25. The only hard mode mission you can do at level 20 is the Dark Ragne emergency mission. They could have chosen better the levels for this, like free forest hard at level 24, free caves hard at 27, then free Desert at 30.

It would give much better sense of progression than now.

DARKWINGDARA
Aug 18, 2012, 01:13 PM
the grind ain't all that bad, would say it's too quick for the content we have.

Kazzi
Aug 18, 2012, 01:23 PM
Emeline's client orders are basically free exp. You can get 27k by just running around mines, it makes leveling so much quicker.

Jakosifer
Aug 18, 2012, 01:40 PM
They should do away with level requirements for specific areas, most importantly the free areas. All of Hard mode should be unlocked at 20, if the people who tackle it can't handle it that's their own problem. As it stands now, Hard mode is just level scaling.

Crimson Exile
Aug 18, 2012, 01:45 PM
Try to set a daily goal like 1 lvl a day. Client orders and MPA help also.

Meevs
Aug 18, 2012, 02:09 PM
I'm progressing at what I would call slow, while taking a day off I got to lvl 16 doing ttf in bb, heh. Still 14 in pso2, now that I've found out about all the various client orders, my concern is, since people recommend them, and I see that they offer nice experience, are all the ones that do(where you have to ONLY take that npc... what it reads, havent tried otherwise) all solo? im about to find out, but if so I dont like the online game solo atmosphere, ive noticed alot of rooms are filled with 1 person and 3 npcs, so what im saying is, if you play pso2 with people, lvling will take longer, or you play solo and lvl faster?

during my return to pso, i missed the community atmosphere on p2, doing f1 then tf, then restarting another room w/ password, that's what made pso, b/c it was so simple, the community drove the game

ScottyMango
Aug 18, 2012, 02:14 PM
Very very few things in PSO2 actually require you to be solo. 90% of the awesome EXP client orders can be done with friends.

People just like to run with 3 bots because they're terrified of social situations or something.

Jakosifer
Aug 18, 2012, 02:18 PM
im scared of eng players because theyre abrasive n rude. im scared of jp players because i am pretty bad at speed king the language

bots dont judge me especially fourier she is so sweet ^^

ScottyMango
Aug 18, 2012, 02:21 PM
Being scared to play with people online is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. How do you manage normal, every day life? Do you never leave your house or something? People really aren't that scary.

And I've only run into 'abrasive/rude' players a handful of times. Most people are very cool to play with.

Bots are just awful. They're just meatshields with annoying, repetitive phrases. I really can't comprehend how people enjoy playing that way.

Sephirah
Aug 18, 2012, 02:26 PM
This game isn't grindy enough, I want my lvl 200 cap! :P

ScottyMango
Aug 18, 2012, 02:28 PM
^ I agree. I'd be playing right now if I could be at least grinding my levels.

I haven't played much recently just cause there's nothing more to do right now.

Mokyu
Aug 18, 2012, 02:29 PM
Grindings better with friends! ^^

Kenbog
Aug 18, 2012, 02:31 PM
Well Grinding is 99% of your time in any phantasy star, put on some music and mess around in chats... its awesome

ScottyMango
Aug 18, 2012, 02:31 PM
Grindings better with friends! ^^

Also true, I can't imagine how dull this game would get after some time, with no friends there with you.

MMO gameplay design + soloing = hellishly slow, boring experience.

Ueno54
Aug 18, 2012, 02:46 PM
I log in, buy 4-5 daily quests items from the market and log out until 40. Works for me!

Jakosifer
Aug 18, 2012, 02:49 PM
Being scared to play with people online is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. How do you manage normal, every day life? Do you never leave your house or something? People really aren't that scary.

And I've only run into 'abrasive/rude' players a handful of times. Most people are very cool to play with.

Bots are just awful. They're just meatshields with annoying, repetitive phrases. I really can't comprehend how people enjoy playing that way.

Kidding buddy. Kidding...

Though there probably are those that actually feel that way. I don't have anything against them though, to each their own and so it goes~

ScottyMango
Aug 18, 2012, 02:56 PM
Yes, I agree, to each their own.

Until those people bring 3 bots into a multiparty that is trying to get a PSE burst.

Then, they can just gtfo.

Jkid
Aug 18, 2012, 05:55 PM
Try to set a daily goal like 1 lvl a day. Client orders and MPA help also.

What's what I usually do. I take things one level a day. In some cases, after a certain amount of EXP gained I take a break for a few hours, then I go back to the game again. At one time I booted up PSO2 three times: Once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once at night.

Lostbob117
Aug 18, 2012, 06:03 PM
I am amazed that I made it to 30.

Zorafim
Aug 18, 2012, 07:35 PM
Grind? What grind? I'm 40/40/40, and I still have client orders to do! Just look for a goal, and work on it. Exp will come. If you can't get past 20 because of how repetitive it is, start working on client orders!

People just like to run with 3 bots because they're terrified of social situations or something.

No, they do it because they hate people getting good mob spawns and greater PSE bursts.