PDA

View Full Version : For the Console lovers!

Vampiro_X
Aug 19, 2012, 02:13 AM
Go buy a PS VITA hook it u to your hdmi TV, wait for pso2 to release, buy it and play it til your hearts content!!!! Thats what Im doing! :-D:yes:

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 19, 2012, 02:15 AM
Or for the same price you can buy a labtop that can run the game and just use a controller and a HDMI cable to play it on your tv

Demon-
Aug 19, 2012, 02:17 AM
Yeah or just run a HDMI cable from computer to TV and use 360 controller.

Vampiro_X
Aug 19, 2012, 02:25 AM
Great Ideas, but I already got my VITA! lol Thanks for sharing those ideas though. ^^;

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 19, 2012, 02:45 AM
Great Ideas, but I already got my VITA! lol Thanks for sharing those ideas though. ^^;
I don't think I will ever buy a Sony gaming system ever again but to each there own.

Sideswipe
Aug 19, 2012, 03:14 AM
You really need to hook us up. a Laptop for 250 that plays PSO2 decently? Please do hook us up.

eharima
Aug 19, 2012, 03:32 AM
People still use consoles? Lol...

Aeris
Aug 19, 2012, 03:48 AM
People still use consoles? Lol...

He/She probably forgot to say handheld lol but on topic i don't have a Vita nor a HDTV though like some people do.

Husq
Aug 19, 2012, 04:06 AM
Go buy a PS VITA hook it u to your hdmi TV, wait for pso2 to release, buy it and play it til your hearts content!!!! Thats what Im doing! :-D:yes:

Is there a new revision out already? Never going to buy a sony console again, early adopters are always getting screwed over. They said it won't have hdmi/tv out but now, same with the original psp

Flame
Aug 19, 2012, 04:25 AM
Or for the same price you can buy a labtop that can run the game and just use a controller and a HDMI cable to play it on your tv

this is what i do. works freaking great. vita ver. would look considerably worse.

DemonMike
Aug 19, 2012, 05:52 AM
I smell some viral marketing!

Pointy Cat
Aug 19, 2012, 06:10 AM
Since when did the Vita do HDMI out?

moorebounce
Aug 19, 2012, 09:16 AM
I don't think I will ever buy a Sony gaming system ever again but to each there own.

As long as this game is alive I won't be buying a console from Nintendo, Micro$oft or $ony.

Zyrusticae
Aug 19, 2012, 09:57 AM
You get what you pay for. (An inferior experience, that is.)

Me, I enjoy playing on my uber-twinked-out PC on my lovely 24" monitor that's setting 2 feet away from my face and thus consequently fills up about as much of my field of view as that 60" TV you have that you're sitting 5' away from. Which also has the ability to put out infinitely better visuals any day of the weak.

Also, it cost less than the TV.

Shadowth117
Aug 19, 2012, 10:09 AM
I'm definitely happy playing on my computer for now. I think its inevitable though for this game to come out on the next console generation (PS4, 720, etc.) so I get the feeling I'll have far better options than an overpriced handheld if I really want them.

Pointy Cat
Aug 19, 2012, 10:15 AM
Add to that the fact that his entire plan to avoid playing PSO2 on a PC is based on a Vita feature that does not exist.

They might add it in the future though, there is that port at the top which as of yet has no use, but Sony have stated several times they have no plans on adding TV out. Maybe they think it conflicts with their new cross play scheme. Either way don't plan on using the Vita to get your PSO2 on a TV fix as TV out doesn't seem to be coming to the Vita any time soon.

I think its inevitable though for this game to come out on the next console generation (PS4, 720, etc.)

Highly doubt it. There's nothing 'next gen' looking about PSO2 so waiting for more powerful hardware with lower install bases would make no sense. Also the 720 doesn't seem to be due until Q4 2013 at the very earliest, and the PS4 after that.

Shadowth117
Aug 19, 2012, 10:26 AM
Highly doubt it. There's nothing 'next gen' looking about PSO2 so waiting for more powerful hardware with lower install bases would make no sense. Also the 720 doesn't seem to be due until Q4 2013 at the very earliest, and the PS4 after that.

Well I'm not exactly looking out for it, but you guys clearly don't remember PSU's horrific port to 360 which somehow had framerate issues with the graphical output of a PS2 game while we were able to have Crysis of all things run without issues on the same console. PSO2 looks like a launch 360 game at max settings, but I'm just saying its very likely to happen seeing as they're holding off on the Vita version as well for a while. I find it very hard to believe it would make it to a handheld and NOT a console.

Pointy Cat
Aug 19, 2012, 10:48 AM
When PSU first came out on PS2/PC the 360 had already existed in stores for almost a year and had a growing install base. That's hardly an indication that the 720/PS4 would be highly likely on receiving ports some 1.5 - 3 years down the line. Again it makes no sense to deny that a console version in the works just to secretly plan to port the game to a console that won't be out for a year and a half or more just to make use of improved hardware which simply wouldn't be used by PSO2's engine.

Also they're not holding off on the Vita version, it's simply not ready yet. They came to the decision to make a Vita version only more recently upon realising that there was space in the handheld market for PSO2. This is a market PC can't serve.

On a side note some of you might have missed this little bit that was posted on Bumped last month:

He’ll talk more of the Vita and Smartphone version of PSO2 at TGS. He’s thinking about having ships exclusively for Vita players. http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-japan-two-weeks-later-status-report-and-maintenance/

Not much to go on but it sounds like the limitations of the Vita might be making them think about segregating it from the PC version in some way, but it would be nice if they kept to their original plan of making the two interconnect. But we shall see come TGS.

Gama
Aug 19, 2012, 11:23 AM
so the vita costs 600 bucks? wow. dotn get me wrong pc pwns vita, but not so cheap.

Sizustar
Aug 19, 2012, 11:26 AM
so the vita costs 600 bucks? wow. dotn get me wrong pc pwns vita, but not so cheap.

About $250~300
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-3G-Wi-Fi-Bundle/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345393587&sr=8-1&keywords=PS+Vita

Chik'Tikka
Aug 19, 2012, 11:53 AM
PS Vita graphics and shaders+^_^+
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.sonypsvitablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Phantasy-Star-Online-2-PS-Vita_Screenshots_2_00041.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

PC Graphics and shaders+^_^+
[SPOILER-BOX]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m617mwQS061rys6ddo1_1280.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Forgive me for running my PC via HDMi to my TV and a 360 pad, i forget im not on PC sometimes+^_^+

jooozek
Aug 19, 2012, 11:55 AM
Not much to go on but it sounds like the limitations of the Vita might be making them think about segregating it from the PC version in some way, but it would be nice if they kept to their original plan of making the two interconnect. But we shall see come TGS.
Last thing I'd want is Vita version cripple or limit the PC version in any way. Because lets face it, Vita didn't even yet sell 2 million and it's been out for more than a year :-o

HFlowen
Aug 19, 2012, 12:05 PM
Haha, oh god. the vita screenshot looks like what my pissant laptop puts out. Can't wait for my new one to get here.

Shadowth117
Aug 19, 2012, 01:38 PM
About $250~300
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-3G-Wi-Fi-Bundle/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345393587&sr=8-1&keywords=PS+Vita
I'm pretty sure he was playing on the idea that any PC that will run this decently is more expensive than a vita by a good margin.

blace
Aug 19, 2012, 01:40 PM
It's all about sarcasm and how it does not carry well over text.

Just leave them to their own devices and methods.

Dragwind
Aug 19, 2012, 01:53 PM
These are all some pretty good options, whether you decide to go the Vita or PC/laptop route (better results obviously going the pc/laptop route).

Got a PC that's too far away? Just get a really long HDMI cable, or even an S-video (I think some cards still use it) cable.

EvilMag
Aug 19, 2012, 01:59 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.sonypsvitablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Phantasy-Star-Online-2-PS-Vita_Screenshots_2_00041.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m617mwQS061rys6ddo1_1280.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Forgive me for running my PC via HDMi to my TV and a 360 pad, i forget im not on PC sometimes+^_^+

You do know that the final version might not run at Lv1 graphics?

Also something I would like to say regarding the Vita, while they can improve the graphics, I can't see the Vita running PSO2 at 60 FPS with Lv2-5 graphics. Lv1 for sure but idk about Lv2-5.

Fellicon
Aug 19, 2012, 02:50 PM

That looks like what I'm playing on now :(

Garnet_Moon
Aug 19, 2012, 03:05 PM
You really need to hook us up. a Laptop for 250 that plays PSO2 decently? Please do hook us up.

Save up about $600 and build your own PC. You don't need to pay alienware prices to get alienware results.

Link has the guide:

http://tinyurl.com/FalconGuide

I tried to be nice and put it here but it keeps getting shrunk and unreadable.

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 19, 2012, 06:48 PM
Save up about $600 and build your own PC. You don't need to pay alienware prices to get alienware results.

Link has the guide:

ya I built a pc for $700 and I can run this game and most games on max settings fairly well :D

Cyrusnagisa
Aug 20, 2012, 11:50 AM
The Vita will not limit PSo2, there will just be two different levels of detail. PC and Vita, I plan on getting and playing both, as long as they still play to do the cross platform thing.

and really? comparing a PC to a handheld with screenshots -.-

Vampiro_X
Aug 20, 2012, 04:57 PM

Where are you buying the vita from ? The black market :-o I got mine at Future Shop for $249.99. Yor getting ripped off if you pay that much!

Flame
Aug 20, 2012, 05:25 PM
You get what you pay for. (An inferior experience, that is.)

Me, I enjoy playing on my uber-twinked-out PC on my lovely 24" monitor that's setting 2 feet away from my face and thus consequently fills up about as much of my field of view as that 60" TV you have that you're sitting 5' away from. Which also has the ability to put out infinitely better visuals any day of the weak.

Also, it cost less than the TV.

I sit in front of a computer all day at work though so hooking it up to the tv is a nice way to make it feel more. . .recreational.

Taigerr
Aug 20, 2012, 06:36 PM
hmmm interesting although you are aware PsVita is yet to have Video out cable/functionality or otherwise, as Video out is not a feature/capability as yet (or possibly even for ever) as far as I am aware but please do google..... I have managed to get PSO2 on my vita using PC remote play but my laptop is very low spec so it does not look that good and there's a little bit of lag but not too much.... just doesn't translate well graphically and I couldn't get my buttons to map as I need to install ppjoy first which I can't be bothered doing at the mo....

Gardios
Aug 20, 2012, 07:05 PM
Prolly get the VITA version, doesn't look too different from my screen. lol

and really? comparing a PC to a handheld with screenshots -.-
To be fair, it really could look better if yuo compare it to other VITA games.

SageAtlasEllimirri
Aug 20, 2012, 07:20 PM
I PLAYED PSO2 ON A 155 INCH T.V. FOR A WHOLE DAY :P MY LIFE FEELS SOMEWHAT LESS EMPTY!

blazingsonic
Aug 20, 2012, 08:45 PM

O_O There's laptops that can play PSO2?

blazingsonic
Aug 20, 2012, 08:45 PM

How do I even hook up my Vita to a TV?

Aeris
Aug 20, 2012, 08:48 PM
O_O There's laptops that can play PSO2?

Sounds like you never heard of a gamming laptop (ones with standalone graphic's cards), can't tell if joking or not...

Pointy Cat
Aug 20, 2012, 11:28 PM
You don't even need a gaming laptop. My 2011 Macbook Air (Win7 bootcamped) can run PSO2 perfectly fine. It has lowly on-board graphics which is usually inadequate for gaming, but for PSO2 it's fine, the graphics settings just needed to be lowered. Not that I play PSO2 on it, I simply tried it out on my MBA for the hell of it.

Most standard laptops (no netbook garbage) bought in the last couple of years should run this fine.

Crevox
Aug 21, 2012, 12:25 AM
I didn't even know you can connect vita through hdmi? My vita doesn't have an HDMI port at the very least.

blace
Aug 21, 2012, 12:27 AM
It'll probably be added in in a future Vita release, just like with the PSP 2000 and 3000 models.

Crevox
Aug 21, 2012, 12:50 AM
Then the entirety of this post is pointless speculation?

The Walrus
Aug 21, 2012, 01:05 AM
Pretty much

Sideswipe
Aug 23, 2012, 09:34 AM

Link has the guide:

Yeah....600 is hardly the price of a Vita isn't it?

I'm playing on my desktop at max settings, it's not a problem, but saying you should buy a laptop instead of a Vita (hence, for 250), to play PSO2 is asinine.

SephirothXer0
Aug 23, 2012, 10:18 AM
But a badass computer is a much better investment than a Vita

Chik'Tikka
Aug 23, 2012, 10:27 AM

PC game library > vita game library+^_^+ not to mention media storage, movies, music, internet browsers, online shopping+^_^+ i tell you, my little laptop probably the best thing I've bought since my PS2+^_^+

Alenoir
Aug 23, 2012, 10:39 AM
They are both good investments. A good desktop can last you for a few years. A Vita lets you drag it around and play stuffs on the go that may or may not be available for a computer (or your smartphone/tablet).

*goes back to play Persona 4 the Golden*

To be fair, it really could look better if yuo compare it to other VITA games.
Screenshots does not do a Vita's visual justice, since some quality get butchered when you screenshot it. That and none of our screens are OLED. That thing is awesome.

Angelo
Aug 23, 2012, 10:50 AM
PC game library > vita game library

This is true. I'm really not very big on PC gaming since I'm not a fan of western developers, but the Vita library is so poor right now it's a huge turn-off. It's a shame because Vita is such a slick handheld.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 23, 2012, 10:56 AM
This is true. I'm really not very big on PC gaming since I'm not a fan of western developers, but the Vita library is so poor right now it's a huge turn-off. It's a shame because Vita is such a slick handheld.

Heard that same quote for PSP way back, but that turned into an expensive paperweight for everyone i knew that bought it+^_^+

Mr-Phelps
Aug 23, 2012, 11:00 AM
Yes... going to be playing this on a pc hooked up to my tv. :)

Link1275
Aug 23, 2012, 11:01 AM

About $250~300

Vita is $259.99/$300, then you have to get a memory card. To get one big enough for PSO2, you're going to need the 12GB card as it's about 5GBs on a compressed hard drive. That's another $25. By the time that they release it on Vita you may need then next size up, that's a 32GB. That's $50, and if the game exceeds that size.... Oh, and you're going to want to play other games on it...
All in all you're looking at approx. $300 base line for a wifi vita.

I don't see the problem with those graphics.

SephirothXer0
Aug 23, 2012, 11:30 AM
The PSP had some great games, hell PSPo2 was worth buying the system by itself, not to mention MGS Peace Walker, FF Dissidia, Gundam vs Gundam etc

The Vita will have some nice games for it eventually I'm sure. The problem is that it takes too long for devs to put anything good on it and by that time everyone has given up on the system. Sony should have commissioned some better games for the launch in order to secure a strong foothold.

But anyway, I'd rather see Phantasy Star Portable 3 than a scaled-down port of PSO2, something to offer people who don't want to play online all the time. Still hoping for that Phantasy Star Victory announcement.

gigawuts
Aug 23, 2012, 12:08 PM

It's not on topic, but...

Bernie
Rupika
Sue
Ash

Heh heh, I see what you did there Sega.

Gardios
Aug 23, 2012, 12:22 PM
^They've been doing this for all characters (or at least most—not really familiar with them) in every trailer so far. :D

gigawuts
Aug 23, 2012, 12:39 PM
I'm used to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy in english stuff. The PSO1 names were a pleasant surprise.

WienerWuerstel
Aug 23, 2012, 12:48 PM
Actually looking forward to the Vita Version of PSO2 but I agree that it's not a replacement for the PC Version. But it's nice to take your PSO2 Character with you on the Go and shorten some boring Bus/Train Rides.

Gardios
Aug 23, 2012, 01:02 PM
I'm used to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy in english stuff. The PSO1 names were a pleasant surprise.

Meant the PSO2 trailers specifically. There are CASTs called Elenor and Kireek, for example. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEYXd1MRTgw)

gigawuts
Aug 23, 2012, 01:53 PM
Meant the PSO2 trailers specifically. There are CASTs called Elenor and Kireek, for example. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEYXd1MRTgw)

Hahaha this is great, just caught Lionel and Montague. Not sure who Giriam is, maybe that was the RAcast that was only given a name in the files? I forget what the name was, it was only found via datamining.

edit: Found the site I read a bit about that on
http://www.phantasy-star.net/pso/psonpcs.html
Just some names to look for in the future. Just saw Alicia too. Reading squiggles is fun!

edit2: Yep, Giriam or Giliam is the template RAcast. I guess we finally have our "official" name for him.

DAMASCUS
Aug 23, 2012, 10:15 PM
I'll be trying it one the lowest settings on my laptop for lolz but not getting my hopes up.

If they have those VITA settings I will be set!

I may just have to pray for an actual PS3 version.