PDA

View Full Version : Creating a new character on a new ship.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 19, 2012, 04:08 PM
How does this work exactly?

For example, I have a character on ship and a player ID. Now lets say I want to make a new character on ship 10 will I need a brand new ID aswell? Also, say that I do make a new character on ship 10 will I lose all of my friends on ship 2? Or will they somehow "carry" over to ship 10 with me. Meaning that I can still mail them/whisper to them.

Sizustar
Aug 19, 2012, 04:11 PM
One character per account, if willing to pay AC, you can make more characters to a total of..12 or 15 character.
New ship will not carry any item over, Friend list will still stay intact as that's Account locked, not Character base.

And there is a quick question sticky at the top, next time, please direct this type of question there.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866

blace
Aug 19, 2012, 04:12 PM
If you don't want to spend AC on another character then yes, you will need a new ID. Your friends from ship 2 will only be on ship 2, it would be odd to be able to contact them from a ship they're not on.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 19, 2012, 04:18 PM
One character per account, if willing to pay AC, you can make more characters to a total of..12 or 15 character.
New ship will not carry any item over, Friend list will still stay intact as that's Account locked, not Character base.

And there is a quick question sticky at the top, next time, please direct this type of question there.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866

Ok thanks, and yes I did look for that thread. However I couldn't find it. I feel lazy right now that didn't help much either lol.

Anyway's so you are saying that if I make a character on ship 10 with AC (I play on ship 2) I can still keep my friends list? I didn't quite understand this part very well.

Sizustar
Aug 19, 2012, 04:22 PM
Ok thanks, and yes I did look for that thread. However I couldn't find it. I feel lazy right now that didn't help much either lol.

Anyway's so you are saying that if I make a character on ship 10 with AC (I play on ship 2) I can still keep my friends list? I didn't quite understand this part very well.

From what I remember on my Alt.
When Ship-2 was locked, I accidently deleted my alt, so I had to remake her on another ship.
But I was still able to have my Friend list and give fun point, or I'm remembering it wrong...
Easiest way to check is to make a alt id, add friend to list, delete said Chara and remake on another ship.

blace
Aug 19, 2012, 04:23 PM
Your friends list from ship 2 are bound to it, and cannot be contacted unless you log into ship 2. Friend partners and the like will not carry over, but their ID and card will be available but can't chat with them.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 19, 2012, 05:30 PM
When I deleted my character and remade on a new ship, my friends list showed as empty on the new ship

But, my friends on the previous ship still have my friend card, and it always shows me as offline, and they can still give me good jobs from a different ship (I receive fun points), and they can use my old NPC partner even though I can never update it again