PDA

View Full Version : How crippling is not having Premium?

NightfallG
Aug 20, 2012, 12:46 AM
Realistically speaking. I mean, gaining meseta seems impossible without it considering the only way to break into the economy is to have premium.

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 20, 2012, 12:47 AM
Or you can multi party the new run and make around 70-100k every hour

Chik'Tikka
Aug 20, 2012, 12:53 AM

this, it's what i do, although it gets old fast, i made 800K off my shop in Pre-OBT alone, and I'd love to be able to make that kinda Meseta again someday....
+^_^+

NightfallG
Aug 20, 2012, 12:55 AM
I guess it's not so much the speed of it as much as it is I enjoyed being a high roller back in PSU and was hoping to do it again here. :<

Crimson Exile
Aug 20, 2012, 01:07 AM
If you don't have a shop its terrible. Nuff said

MissMalice
Aug 20, 2012, 01:14 AM

Quoted for truth~

Also, you don't necessarily have to buy the full premium. You can just buy a 30-day shop pass. If I'm not mistaken, the FUN Scratch has a 3-day shop pass too.

MCF
Aug 20, 2012, 01:17 AM
always prays for 3days shop from fun scratch :p

Garnet_Moon
Aug 20, 2012, 01:25 AM
Realistically speaking. I mean, gaining meseta seems impossible without it considering the only way to break into the economy is to have premium.
You're not going to gain any sort of meseta until you start getting into the upper tier hard modes. Normal mode items vendor for like 200-400. Hard mode is 4 digits per item.

.Jack
Aug 20, 2012, 01:32 AM
Once my premium runs out I'm just going to stick to the my shops access since I've never traded with anyone once, never bothered going to the premium-only blocks and I don't really care about having a room. The only feature that enabled me to make a few mill was the ability to sell my rares. All you'll need is to be able to sell stuff to make money in this game, imo.

Fellicon
Aug 20, 2012, 01:46 AM
Money making gets easier when you hit hard stop feeding your MAG. Usually made good money on City runs

Enforcer MKV
Aug 20, 2012, 01:48 AM
Just pick up all the items you see in runs, and sell what you don't need. You'll be more or less set.

Finding a nice MPA that's roaming and grinding for cash is a major boon. It's entirely possible to make money in this game without premium. It's just slower.

LordChampion
Aug 20, 2012, 02:14 AM
Iuno, I'm only level 22 but I haven't noticed much use for meseta outside general sundries and grinding and things. That could be just my naive new player situation, so y'all let me know what I'm missing out on.

Also broke and don't care about paying for stuff anyway...

Fellicon
Aug 20, 2012, 02:21 AM
Iuno, I'm only level 22 but I haven't noticed much use for meseta outside general sundries and grinding and things. That could be just my naive new player situation, so y'all let me know what I'm missing out on.

Also broke and don't care about paying for stuff anyway...

I really only buy things from the content updates and since I'm a female everything is crazy expensive. I go broke every time from getting outifts and voices etc.

Hosaka
Aug 20, 2012, 02:29 AM
Not having Premium is no real biggie, but not having a MyShop can hurt.

▲➌〇N
Aug 20, 2012, 02:45 AM
can you gift the 3 day pass thing i have 1 but i dont need cause prem

Hosaka
Aug 20, 2012, 02:45 AM
can you gift the 3 day pass thing i have 1 but i dont need cause prem

Nein.

Yunfa
Aug 20, 2012, 02:50 AM
Having premium for me is not enough, I don't know what I'll do once my extra storage expires in 16 days. Also, both of my characters plan to have 100/100 inventory.

drizzle
Aug 20, 2012, 03:42 AM
The only interesting feature is your Shop and you can get that separately for less money.
The extra storage is nice I guess, but imho they should add more value to the Premium tickets, most of what they offer just isn't interesting.

supersonix9
Aug 20, 2012, 03:47 AM
It's not crippling at all......

I haven't bought premium once.

DreXxiN
Aug 20, 2012, 06:25 AM
To reach the highest echilons of richness you will be crippled. There's honestly no arguing that if there's no market to play you can't be the top 1% or whatever.

But taking the gameplay into the account and the difficulty level, it won't cripple you at all.

DoubleCannon
Aug 20, 2012, 08:35 AM
always prays for 3days shop from fun scratch :p

THIS! honestly id just buy 30 days my shop. my shop adds huge reason for me to play. for now i feel empty without it

xBladeM6x
Aug 20, 2012, 09:19 AM
All you need, is to use a shop. Don't need premium, just the 7-8$ shop ticket. You'll spend as much as a monthly subscription to PSU, with the only thing needed to be "uber successful".

Sephirah
Aug 20, 2012, 09:24 AM
I really hate that trading items is limited to premium (and not only premium, but BOTH people have to have it), there are several times I've found items that I'd like to give to my friends because I have no use for them.

Alenoir
Aug 20, 2012, 10:18 AM
Having premium for me is not enough, I don't know what I'll do once my extra storage expires in 16 days.

This. I actually considered getting one of those rental storages just so I can stuff everything in and be done with.

Should just go sell all those souls that I'll never touch.

DemonMike
Aug 20, 2012, 11:12 AM
I really hate that trading items is limited to premium (and not only premium, but BOTH people have to have it), there are several times I've found items that I'd like to give to my friends because I have no use for them.

I think the trade feature needs to become an addition to the My Shop pass, or as an 100 AC extra for it.

To be honest though, I can still see where they are coming from with limiting the trading feature to premium. It definitely helps to keeps RMT down to a bare minimum and it's not really needed.

Coatl
Aug 20, 2012, 01:38 PM
The game is sorta boring without premium.
Without MyShop I'd have no desire to farm those soul affixes and rares, since I wouldn't be able to sell them back for much profit.
Not that you make that much money off most of the rares anyway, it just gives me an incentive for playing.

Dextro
Aug 20, 2012, 01:55 PM
I'd probably have stopped playing without MyShop.
Selling rares and various other gear that i've fixed up with abilities is something that keeps the game fun for me at lv.40.

When you log-on and collect money from the stuff that sold.... feels good man 8-)

Link1275
Aug 20, 2012, 02:09 PM
Money making gets easier when you hit hard stop feeding your MAG. Usually made good money on City runs

Actually you should feed your mag monomates to keep it's energy bar full, as it allows you to have your mag still use it's abilities(or at least that's what I read in the mag guide).

Skyly HUmar
Aug 20, 2012, 02:14 PM
I'd probably have stopped playing without MyShop.
Selling rares and various other gear that i've fixed up with abilities is something that keeps the game fun for me at lv.40.

When you log-on and collect money from the stuff that sold.... feels good man 8-)

It is a pretty big difference not having my shop. In the open beta I made a little over 2.8 mil just selling crappy PAs, junk rares (not junk at the time) and grinding in MPAs in just 17 hours of playing. NOW it takes me about 10 hours to earn 1 mil by grinding.

Honestly, premium gives players a huge advantage.

Link1275
Aug 20, 2012, 02:18 PM
It is a pretty big difference not having my shop. In the open beta I made a little over 2.8 mil just selling crappy PAs, junk rares (not junk at the time) and grinding in MPAs in just 17 hours of playing. NOW it takes me about 10 hours to earn 1 mil by grinding.

Honestly, premium gives players a huge advantage.
BUT that premium advantage is only with meseta. WHICH is only useful for buying mates, atomizers, and stuff off of the myshop.

Mikura
Aug 20, 2012, 02:26 PM
I've yet to buy premium and I can honestly say I'm not hurting over it in the least. If you wanna get rich quick, you'll need access to MyShop at least.

But right now, I see very little worth buying that's in the millions. So other than just to have it, I don't see where being rich in this game gives you a huge advantage over other people.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 20, 2012, 02:32 PM
BUT that premium advantage is only with meseta. WHICH is only useful for buying mates, atomizers, and stuff off of the myshop.

Very true, and im not saying its something worth paying for, thats up to the player.

Thing is that with meseta is that it's easier to get souls from the my shop, and the more you have the more likely you will be able to grind something to the max.

I'm the kind of guy that would rather hunt for something then use the meseta I got allong the way to tune it up. But with premium you can get all that done in a fraction of the time.

Mikura
Aug 20, 2012, 02:34 PM
Very true, and im not saying its something worth paying for, thats up to the player.

Thing is that with meseta is that it's easier to get souls from the my shop, and the more you have the more likely you will be able to grind something to the max.

I'm the kind of guy that would rather hunt for something then use the meseta I got allong the way to tune it up. But with premium you can get all that done in a fraction of the time.

I'm the same way. I'll be honest, farming souls in this game isn't terribly hard to do either.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 20, 2012, 02:39 PM
I'm the same way. I'll be honest, farming souls in this game isn't terribly hard to do either.

xD yup, I understand that tranmizer can be a little hard, but when it comes to vol souls... well, its not so hard to break both of his horns, I think Ive piled up about 70 of his souls in my storage. Im waiting for very hard mode to get some new weps.

Neith
Aug 20, 2012, 02:41 PM
If anything, buy a shop ticket because Player Shops will make you a load of money. Premium as a whole isn't worth it though (coming from someone who's had Premium before).