PDA

View Full Version : Towards The Future-esque quest?

Dan Maku
Aug 20, 2012, 03:26 AM
How would you think if a boss-rush quest, ala Towards The Future from PSO1, was implemented?

supersonix9
Aug 20, 2012, 03:51 AM
Would it be fun? Yes.

Would playing only that mission be fun? No.

Hated TTF in the sense that it was like White Beast. Everyone played it. Nothing else.

Spellbinder
Aug 20, 2012, 03:53 AM
Would it be fun? Yes.

Essentially this. I took a break from PSO at one point, and when I came back it wasn't PSO so much as TTFO. I'll pass.

Hrith
Aug 20, 2012, 04:07 AM
Yeah, awful idea.

Arika
Aug 20, 2012, 04:28 AM
I think they can implement it as emergency mission, and it will be good.

Emergency!! We have detected so many unidentified space rifts near the ship, All ark please prepare to sortie and investigate the rift!

Nerineri
Aug 20, 2012, 05:00 AM
Emergency Code : Scramble

Several Native Bosses and several Dark Ragnes and Guanadas with lots of Natives and Darkas spawn all over the place would be interesting.

Arika
Aug 20, 2012, 05:25 AM
Anyway, they probably want to implement cave emergency mission and desert emergency mission first. Before have an mix-areas emergency.

DreXxiN
Aug 20, 2012, 06:19 AM
I'd stop playing if it became a standard mission.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 20, 2012, 06:21 AM
Why have TTF when you can run straight to bosses anyway?

CelestialBlade
Aug 20, 2012, 06:50 AM
Would it be fun? Yes.

Hated TTF in the sense that it was like White Beast. Everyone played it. Nothing else.
Basically this. It's a great and fun idea, but it needs limits. Maybe it's a periodic mission like Arika suggested, or perhaps there could be a daily limit on how much you could run it.

Resanoca
Aug 20, 2012, 06:53 AM
Basically this. It's a great and fun idea, but it needs limits. Maybe it's a periodic mission like Arika suggested, or perhaps there could be a daily limit on how much you could run it.

They should limit it to once a year! That sounds fair, right? D:

sugarFO
Aug 20, 2012, 06:56 AM
Do bosses give the amount of exp that TTF did back then? Cuz I didnt think so. o.o

Sephirah
Aug 20, 2012, 08:40 AM
Something like this is un-necessary while the level cap is only 40, but if they ever intend on raising it to 200 like back in PSO1, I don't know about you guys, but I personally loved re-running TTF over and over to grind levels, as it was the fastest way to do it.

Shadowth117
Aug 20, 2012, 10:40 AM
I really don't think we're anywhere near late enough in the game for something like that, but it would be cool later.

Zorafim
Aug 20, 2012, 11:16 AM
Try out the timed mission. Along with fun puzzles, there are also bosses appearing part way through.

WolfDreamer
Aug 20, 2012, 11:23 AM
A TTF style Emergency Mission would be pretty nifty, but not anytime soon. Maybe a few months after Max Level Cap is released.

Crysteon
Aug 20, 2012, 11:30 AM
I think they can implement it as emergency mission, and it will be good.

Emergency!! We have detected so many unidentified space rifts near the ship, All ark please prepare to sortie and investigate the rift!

And suddenly...Dr. Eggman comes out of that rift, because leaving him with his past self in the middle of nowhere at the end of Sonic Generations was a bad idea.

Actually, I would take it anytime as an emergency run once a week or something like that, because having it as permanent quest would practically make the rest of quests pointless to run at some point.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 20, 2012, 11:44 AM
It should be an emergency mission where infected/boosted mobs are synchronizing their attack with their regions leader(Vol De Ragan, Vol Opt in a tank, Buildabear, etc) and you have to stop them. And c-mode should be an interrupt name ranking with similar rewards as the old c-mode, with the added prestige of being the furthest, fastest player in the challenge being broadcast at the end like a normal ranking.

Meevs
Aug 20, 2012, 01:32 PM
lol TTFO, could work if its a quest that you could do at capped lvl only, then would kill the need to do it for xp, but it would be something to do, prob. to farm rares? could have different bosses as well to spruce it up

i wonder how often they look at this board, and is it anyone from soa?

JCGamer
Aug 20, 2012, 01:36 PM
that be a very good idea and would be nice but I rather not have TTF on pso2. I rather have new fresh event make it a bit more fun. something fresh and new nothing from the previous ps games

Flame
Aug 20, 2012, 01:39 PM
wait, what's wrong with people spamming TTF? Wasn't it all the levels and all the bosses in one neat package? Isn't that what this game desperately needs? It might give us the chance to play PSO2 the way many would like to.

Xaeris
Aug 20, 2012, 01:58 PM
The thing I disliked about TTF is the terrible players it raised. All these 140+s who got there spamming it, yet couldn't do a thing in Seabed or Tower. I'd rather not have a repeat.

Link1275
Aug 20, 2012, 01:59 PM
wait, what's wrong with people spamming TTF? Wasn't it all the levels and all the bosses in one neat package? Isn't that what this game desperately needs? It might give us the chance to play PSO2 the way many would like to.
Agreed. Late comers need something that allows to them to level faster, so that they aren't the only people that don't have a capped level, and the best weps in the game.

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2012, 02:00 PM
The thing I disliked about TTF is the terrible players it raised. All these 140+s who got there spamming it, yet couldn't do a thing in Seabed or Tower. I'd rather not have a repeat.

Do you mean to imply regular 12 person MPA's don't already do exactly this?

Just instead of seabed, they can't play anything without stunlock and resta bubbles surrounding them.

Shadowth117
Aug 20, 2012, 02:52 PM
Do you mean to imply regular 12 person MPA's don't already do exactly this?

Just instead of seabed, they can't play anything without stunlock and resta bubbles surrounding them.

I agree with your first point, but are you telling us that attacking in such a way solo that I can stun lock enemies is wrong? I can understand if you're saying that ganging up on enemies so that they can't attack back is cheap, which it is, but learning what attacks you can use to defeat an enemy in the most efficient way possible alone always seemed to show a level of skill in my book.

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2012, 03:04 PM
That's not what I said nor what I meant to say. Twelve players spamming AOE and healing is not the same as one player managing multiple enemies from multiple angles.

I'm also not saying anything is or isn't cheap, fair, or right/wrong. I frankly don't care what most other people do. I'm just saying TTF is pretty much still here, just in the form of 12 player AOE spamming MPA's.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 20, 2012, 03:12 PM
That's not what I said nor what I meant to say. Twelve players spamming AOE and healing is not the same as one player managing multiple enemies from multiple angles.

I'm also not saying anything is or isn't cheap, fair, or right/wrong. I frankly don't care what most other people do. I'm just saying TTF is pretty much still here, just in the form of 12 player AOE spamming MPA's.

I agree there, Back when I was still getting started in the game I had a little trouble clearing free caves alone. But every time I would join a MPA everything got overly easy. To the point where I would never get touched.

Cortte
Aug 20, 2012, 03:20 PM
Even if TTF was added to be the way it was in PSO1 I actually think it wouldn't be spammed much at all. Maybe for drops, but in comparison PSO1 gave you much, MUCH better exp and over all meseta gain from junk drops. If TTF was a viable sorce of exp it would have to be at least 5 of every single boss, and even that alone would only measure up to a VH Dragon kill in PSO what like, once?

Kirukia
Aug 20, 2012, 04:48 PM
I could settle for it being an e-mission.
It's a good way to farm boss drops too without it being the only mission people run.

darkante
Aug 20, 2012, 11:25 PM
E-Mission that rarely shows up.

jmanx
Aug 20, 2012, 11:27 PM
This would be the best thing ever if they do it just like PSO and to complete this is allow me to play as the dragon to kill the other players for they can rage quit good times good times.

GOOD OL PSO SECRETS

this game needs this and real quest

pikachief
Aug 21, 2012, 02:50 AM
I'd rather they recreate the PSO TTF quest in PSO2 and call it "Towards the Past" :P

Sephirah
Aug 21, 2012, 07:31 AM
I'd rather they recreate the PSO TTF quest in PSO2 and call it "Towards the Past" :P

Or Back Towards the Future... :P

DreXxiN
Aug 21, 2012, 03:06 PM
This would be the best thing ever if they do it just like PSO and to complete this is allow me to play as the dragon to kill the other players for they can rage quit good times good times.

GOOD OL PSO SECRETS

this game needs this and real quest

Can you please let me know who you play with where this actually made people ragequit instead of killing you in .5 seconds? Or was it just a really awesome dream you had?

jmanx
Aug 22, 2012, 03:08 AM
Can you please let me know who you play with where this actually made people ragequit instead of killing you in .5 seconds? Or was it just a really awesome dream you had?

Well when you playing as the dragon for one your a buffed up dragon when you do this. And when you breath Fire or especially ice AT the start of it throws people way off since everyones natural instinct is to charge in. -> 3 people getting caught

And if your hit by fire or ice your char is permanently paralysis they have to run to a certain spot in order for it to be lifted anti paralysis doesnt work.

Also when you step on people they shrink

Then also you can spam ice once u got them

players are never aware when the party hoster does this

Mystil
Aug 22, 2012, 03:57 PM
What pissed me off the most about TTF was, people skipped the mobs entirely.. sure, it was 140k per run but it could have been more if people were more patient. I like to get the most out of my runs..

I don't wont that in PSO2. With the way bosses can(well some) can barge on in, even in the first iteration of their respective areas, I think what we have is good enough. I mean just yesteday me and some teammates fought 3 Gwanananaanandas at once(yes..) and then Ragne dropped in seconds later. A few meters from the entrance to the next area, mizer wanted to do a new transformer movie.

And as has been pointed out, we can already blitz to the boss teleport, all in the same fashion that was done in TTF.

jmanx
Aug 23, 2012, 02:08 AM
What pissed me off the most about TTF was, people skipped the mobs entirely.. sure, it was 140k per run but it could have been more if people were more patient. I like to get the most out of my runs..

I don't wont that in PSO2. With the way bosses can(well some) can barge on in, even in the first iteration of their respective areas, I think what we have is good enough. I mean just yesteday me and some teammates fought 3 Gwanananaanandas at once(yes..) and then Ragne dropped in seconds later. A few meters from the entrance to the next area, mizer wanted to do a new transformer movie.

And as has been pointed out, we can already blitz to the boss teleport, all in the same fashion that was done in TTF.

you shoulda punished them by killing them with the dragon
they never see it coming

Macman
Aug 23, 2012, 05:54 PM
you shoulda punished them by killing them with the dragon
they never see it coming
Except the Dragon is so easy to kill that you'll just wind up dead yourself.

goldwing
Aug 23, 2012, 10:55 PM

i back this up 100% i think daily limits like in maplestory would b nice to a ttf so we dont abuse it like the good ol days.