PDA

View Full Version : Future NA Players! What are some things you hope to happen on crossing over from jp?

Skyly HUmar
Aug 20, 2012, 01:13 PM
I know this probably wont happen, but I want to be able to transfer my guy from JP over to english. I have all my classes at Lv 40, and I spent 2 weeks hunting an Ardillo before finally finding one lol. it wont be too much trouble to start over, but I'd rather not you know.

Im also hoping that all the content that is on the JP server at the time will be avalable too.

Last thing Im hopeful for is meeting some friendly people, I know theres a language barrier for some people, but I dont like getting kicked from rooms just because I can't speak japanese.

What are some of yours?

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2012, 01:20 PM
More than what the JP launch had, ideally everything up to the subclass update, and then better content for the 20-30 level range such as opening forest free field to level 20's and caves free field to level 25's (while keeping the same enemy levels).

Also less RNG, or a system that builds up to assured success for identical affix attempts after exceeding the average number of failures by, oh, two times. (No more failing 12 vol souls in a row, but no gaming the system to guarantee success for extremely low chance stuff)

Link1275
Aug 20, 2012, 01:23 PM
Well, if I was going to play the international version, I would want all of PSO2 JP's updates at launch. They would also have to give the international servers the same amount of support that they give the JP servers, as well as events placed at the exact same time from release(eg. PSO2 JP gets a MA event from December 4 to January 4, we should get one from exactly 6 months after the international release too). They would also have to actually care about keeping the game running, unlike PSP2, PSO, PSU, and every game in between.

JCGamer
Aug 20, 2012, 01:31 PM
not happening nice wishful idea but nope not ever just say good bye with your head up high and start over on the pso2 NA side

Garnet_Moon
Aug 20, 2012, 01:36 PM
I know this probably wont happen, but I want to be able to transfer my guy from JP over to english. I have all my classes at Lv 40, and I spent 2 weeks hunting an Ardillo before finally finding one lol. it wont be too much trouble to start over, but I'd rather not you know.

Im also hoping that all the content that is on the JP server at the time will be avalable too.

Last thing Im hopeful for is meeting some friendly people, I know theres a language barrier for some people, but I dont like getting kicked from rooms just because I can't speak japanese.

What are some of yours?
2 weeks is too much trouble to find a single rare? You obviously never played PSO or any game pre-WoW where everything DOESN'T drop the entire loot pool every kill.

Sierhiet
Aug 20, 2012, 01:42 PM
2 weeks is too much trouble to find a single rare? You obviously never played PSO or any game pre-WoW where everything DOESN'T drop the entire loot pool every kill.

Agreed.

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2012, 01:49 PM
If anything we need even rarer rares, but better grinding for them.

It won't happen though. They seem to be shifting rares to be easier to find, but still take the crazy amounts of luck and time to soup up nicely. +10 soul&atk3 is the new hit. The only change is how soon you have the model in your hand.

Devroux
Aug 20, 2012, 01:52 PM
All I could really ask to start off is being able to use my JP character on the NA servers and the up-to-date game patches to start off where everyone else already is.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 20, 2012, 02:24 PM

What I meant by that is this: Considering that the guy who did PSU is doing this game, I did not expect it to even be that rare. In PSU and PSP I would usually find what i was looking for in 10 runs or less.

Ive never played WoW so i cant comment there, but I have played PSO, and concidering how it took me 8 years to find a SJS, i would say I'm well acuainted with what something really rare is like. I did get to 200 on that one server that starts with S and ends with chthack that we're not allowed to mention for some reason.

I don't mind the grinding too much though. Sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you're not.

Mikura
Aug 20, 2012, 02:30 PM
All I ask for is to have all the JP content up to that point in time already available on the US/EU servers. Otherwise, they'll never get caught up with what the Japanese have and we'll have the same content gap that PSU had.

And as far as I'm concerned, if that happens, the game will already be dead in the water.

Shadowth117
Aug 20, 2012, 02:39 PM
What I meant by that is this: Considering that the guy who did PSU is doing this game, I did not expect it to even be that rare. In PSU and PSP I would usually find what i was looking for in 10 runs or less.

Someone never hunted Rutsularods or Eternal Psycho Drives...

Skyly HUmar
Aug 20, 2012, 03:04 PM
Someone never hunted Rutsularods or Eternal Psycho Drives...

I never did much in psu, the game got boring pretty quickly to me (notice the sig). But I did have a Psycho Wand in PSP2, and I'll admit that one took a little longer. But compared to the 257 Mil lillies I had to kill to get one on PSO, that was nothing.

Mystil
Aug 20, 2012, 03:14 PM
I never did much in psu, the game got boring pretty quickly to me (notice the sig). But I did have a Psycho Wand in PSP2, and I'll admit that one took a little longer. But compared to the 257 Mil lillies I had to kill to get one on PSO, that was nothing.

..This. Nothing in PSU or even PSO2 can compared to the no-fair drop rates in PSO(GC included). Man as far as I'm concerned, this is a much needed UPSCALE to that game's horrid drop rates.

Zyrusticae
Aug 20, 2012, 03:18 PM
I love all the people delusional enough to think that there is anything more than a 0% chance that they will get to use their JP characters on the NA/EU servers.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 20, 2012, 03:23 PM
I love all the people delusional enough to think that there is anything more than a 0% chance that they will get to use their JP characters on the NA/EU servers.

Thats why i mentioned in my first post that it probably won't happen. Since the server is not international there should not be anything linking the na/eu server to the jp one. BUUUUT People complained enough to make Coffie's client orders even easier then they already were, and according to the blog we will be able to access different ships because of how many people wanted it. If enough people ask for it I still doubt it will happen but maybe it could.

Mystil
Aug 20, 2012, 03:33 PM
SEGA with this game alone, has proven they can implement just about anything. I'm sure they COULD allow JP char transfers, but I also doubt they would do it.

IzzyData
Aug 20, 2012, 03:35 PM
I am already pretty confident there is no chance of transferring characters, but I hope both versions are going to be equally up to date.

Maybe even that is asking too much.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 20, 2012, 03:40 PM
I hope for at least the same updates, maitnence, and problem solving. I want dudu to keep is same voice though XD. He's a pain in the butt but his voice is nice.

Lostbob117
Aug 20, 2012, 04:14 PM
They're hoping on bad services and hackers.

Sakarisei
Aug 20, 2012, 04:55 PM
They're hoping on bad services and hackers.

And of course hackers will try destroying international servers D:

Noblewine
Aug 20, 2012, 05:15 PM
I want to have most of the content unlocked and stuff to be available at the get go.

Dragonlily
Aug 20, 2012, 05:27 PM
Be nice if all the weapons/costumes that they'll release in jp will be released in NA as well. Alot of titles that carry over don't always share the same cool stuff. So would be awesome if we could get them too!

Fellicon
Aug 20, 2012, 05:41 PM
Not having to trade in a Rappy suit for a recolor ticket
Not having a level cap of 30/40

My expectations are really low

Shadowth117
Aug 20, 2012, 05:43 PM
Not having to trade in a Rappy suit for a recolor ticket
Not having a level cap of 30/40

My expectations are really low

First one is already happening soon. Second one is likely too if we're to believe what Sega has told us so far.

Dragonlily
Aug 20, 2012, 05:45 PM
Yeah the Rappy suit for the recolor is crazy. Specially when the prices go thru the roof when rarity hits.

DeathByPogs
Aug 20, 2012, 06:05 PM

What are some of yours?

Not crossing over.

DeathByPogs
Aug 20, 2012, 06:05 PM
Yeah the Rappy suit for the recolor is crazy. Specially when the prices go thru the roof when rarity hits.

The NA populace (in America especially) is going to have ridiculous prices for everything.

Shadowth117
Aug 20, 2012, 06:24 PM
The NA populace (in America especially) is going to have ridiculous prices for everything.

Oh, I assure you from playing JP PSU the Japanese can be just as bad there. They'll undercut and rip you off with prices just like anyone else given the chance. That's not the sort of thing limited by nationality.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 20, 2012, 07:19 PM
LOL. LMAO ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ha ha.

Segac & SoJ giving the US/EU servers all current JP content when the US/EU *version* is put up in "early spring" LMAO. Letting us transfer character data from JP servers to the US/EU servers? LMAO

IMO the chance of that happening is akin to a snowball's chance in hell.

Shure it would be great IF Segac actually got it's shyte straight and did the RIGHT thing by having snowy field, mining tunnels, and floating islands and first 3-4 months of JP updates on the US/EU game client & servers when it launches in "early spring 2013".

But I expect we get none of it. I expect 1 good update of content a month (at best), and that US/EU servers will probably going to be 6-7 months behind JP servers/game client's content.

Galax
Aug 20, 2012, 07:36 PM
*Inward sigh*
I'd love to find reason, other than to play the storyline, to train a character on US/EU.
But I don't think I will. I'll wait and see, but...*sighs again* No. I doubt it. I don't think I'll be switching lest I'm forced to.

Angelo
Aug 20, 2012, 08:54 PM

Yes, it is too much trouble.

I know PSO-W likes to make-believe that online games haven't existed since PSO, but the casual f2p gamer is going to be very frustrated with searching for one item for 2 weeks. Frustrated enough to lose interest.

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2012, 09:50 PM

I know PSO-W likes to make-believe that online games haven't existed since PSO, but the casual f2p gamer is going to be very frustrated with searching for one item for 2 weeks. Frustrated enough to lose interest.

Thus we walk the line between casual gaming and retaining the attention of PSO's fanbase.

Shouldn't SOME rares still be actually rare to retain that spirit of hunting? Does every single rare need to be common for the casual completionist? I know of people who claim to be that, but isn't it kind of an oxymoron? Can such a thing even exist?

Of course, for me hunting would be intelligently choosing a quest to hunt for a rare, then optimizing a route in that quest itself. In offline mode I had a route in Addicting Food for my hit Chain Sawd hunt, hitting all of caves 1 and then a few rooms in caves 2. A hunt for a red sword would have been different, even if it was in the same quest. A hunt for a sange would have been in a different quest altogether. Now it's just "run caves free field and pray you get lots of the enemy you're farming" so they do need to keep drop rates at more attainable levels than PSO1, but that doesn't mean everything needs to drop relatively frequently. Even PSO2 should have a rare on the level of the psycho wand/heaven's punisher/TJS/etc.

But then, this is still Hard Mode, and things may wind up comparing more linearly than we think right now.

Karazykid
Aug 20, 2012, 09:56 PM
All I ask for is to have all the JP content up to that point in time already available on the US/EU servers. Otherwise, they'll never get caught up with what the Japanese have and we'll have the same content gap that PSU had.

And as far as I'm concerned, if that happens, the game will already be dead in the water.

This x10000

Both versions need to get the same content at launch and get the same updates. No more of that PSU crap where we can run events to get the materials to make a weapon but they won't let us get the boards because we're 3-4 updates behind.

Honestly if the NA version can't keep up content wise, I'll stick to the JP version even if they don't update the English patch.

The big draw for PSO has been and should always be grinding for that new shiny toy. That's sorta the point. If they make every weapon easy to find it'll only keep the casual players interested for a short time before they have everything, and the hardcore players will give up even sooner since they'll already have everything.

There's always been a happy medium and I'm sure it'll work out. Let the casuals find dozens of Blade Dance Or whatever the PSO2 equivalent would be. They can sell those and buy the more rare stuff.

NoiseHERO
Aug 20, 2012, 10:07 PM
But when nobody except "hardcore" or whatever fans want to do the same thing they've been doing for almost 15 years anymore in terms of "grinding for hours for their shiny toy made of pixels" WHAT HAPPENS THEN?!

YEAH! D:

Mike
Aug 20, 2012, 10:12 PM
If I had a magic 8 ball, it would say "Don't count on it." But maybe there's a plesant surprise in there somewhere, who knows.

I really hope the international version/s of the game do away with any randomized cash shop crap. That's terrible.

Karazykid
Aug 20, 2012, 10:16 PM
Ya know, I really hope they let you trade items when it comes over to NA. I find it just frustrating that you can only do it if both players have premium, but I'm not annoyed enough by it to actually get premium.

NoiseHERO
Aug 20, 2012, 10:18 PM
I wouldn't count on that either, I have some hope for the english version...

But in general they really like to disapoint people with "THAT ONE" tiny detail at the last minute. On of those tiny details probably being "Yes, this game will have AC gacha!" and we'll be all "Of coouuurrrse... e_e It's not like other localized online games don't have them..."

Maronji
Aug 20, 2012, 10:21 PM
If I had a magic 8 ball, it would say "Don't count on it." But maybe there's a plesant surprise in there somewhere, who knows.

I'm putting all my money on this until I see any proof showing otherwise.

It's one thing to hope that we have at least this much content upon release, but it's another thing all together to hope that the JP and NA/EU servers will be up to the exact same point in content. The former is a million times more likely, as it stands.

Expect to be at most up to the Fall updates if we start with anything further than the release content (assuming that they do anything beyond what was already listed in the roadmap released in July).

Skyly HUmar
Aug 20, 2012, 10:22 PM
Thus we walk the line between casual gaming and retaining the attention of PSO's fanbase.

Shouldn't SOME rares still be actually rare to retain that spirit of hunting? Does every single rare need to be common for the casual completionist? I know of people who claim to be that, but isn't it kind of an oxymoron? Can such a thing even exist?

Of course, for me hunting would be intelligently choosing a quest to hunt for a rare, then optimizing a route in that quest itself. In offline mode I had a route in Addicting Food for my hit Chain Sawd hunt, hitting all of caves 1 and then a few rooms in caves 2. A hunt for a red sword would have been different, even if it was in the same quest. A hunt for a sange would have been in a different quest altogether. Now it's just "run caves free field and pray you get lots of the enemy you're farming" so they do need to keep drop rates at more attainable levels than PSO1, but that doesn't mean everything needs to drop relatively frequently. Even PSO2 should have a rare on the level of the psycho wand/heaven's punisher/TJS/etc.

But then, this is still Hard Mode, and things may wind up comparing more linearly than we think right now.

Funny You should mention that giga. If I remember correctly, Hard and Very Hard had the easier drop rates. If this game turns out to be more on the psu side of rares, it will not change. If it goes the more PSO side (which I am hopeful for) hunting may actually become challenging again.

NoiseHERO
Aug 20, 2012, 10:32 PM
What? Psu had terrible drop rates!

Skyly HUmar
Aug 20, 2012, 10:47 PM
What? Psu had terrible drop rates!

When I played psu for PC I would find at least one rare every few runs, even if I wasn't looking for anything, and I never had much trouble finding anything. I dont think thats all just one big coincidence. PSU rates were not very bad at all, and they were childsplay at best when compared to pso.

EDIT: Then again, I guess that topic is really determined by your luck and patience. For me, it was almost too easy. I did not play psu that long, the psp games were what i played the most. In infinity, to me it felt like the rates were somewhat harder than psu but still not that hard.

NoiseHERO
Aug 20, 2012, 10:53 PM
Those are the junk "rares", I thought PSO had em too?

The real rares are those ones where there's actually less than 100 of them in the whole server and only 5 of them are for sale at unreasonable prices to accompany their shitty stats. D:

Infact THATS the problem I'm seeing this game. Things are either worth 5-400k or 5-9 mil...

Gardios
Aug 20, 2012, 11:03 PM
Blaorette and Talis Legacy. I wish the game would stop throwing them at me... D:

There are rares between those price ranges—part of the problem is the strange droptable, though...

Enforcer MKV
Aug 20, 2012, 11:07 PM
Blaorette and Talis Legacy. I wish the game would stop throwing them at me... D:

There are rares between those price ranges—part of the problem is the strange droptable, though...

*Throws more of the aforementioned bad rares at Gardios* Take them! Take them all! I have too many! *grumble*

Skyly HUmar
Aug 20, 2012, 11:14 PM
Those are the junk "rares", I thought PSO had em too?

The real rares are those ones where there's actually less than 100 of them in the whole server and only 5 of them are for sale at unreasonable prices to accompany their shitty stats. D:

Infact THATS the problem I'm seeing this game. Things are either worth 5-400k or 5-9 mil...

True, but on pso I usually didnt find a rare every 2-3 runs, unless I was spamming Tyrell's last hope on vh or Fake in Yellow on... any difficulty above normal really.

What you say is true though, most people really overprice rares. tbh, I think that 3 mil is pushing it for any wep atm. Mostly because the game is just getting started and theres probably going to be a crap ton of waaaaaay stronger stuff headed our way.

Gardios
Aug 20, 2012, 11:22 PM
You could say that all the time, though. Chances are that the 9★ rare you got with the 40 cap in place will still outclass lots of stuff coming with the 50 cap update, so there's no real reason not to invest in one expensive weapon now.

*Throws more of the aforementioned bad rares at Gardios* Take them! Take them all! I have too many! *grumble*
N-no, stop it! Take them back! I can't even give them my Mag to eat, they're that useless! ;_;

Skyly HUmar
Aug 20, 2012, 11:24 PM
You could say that all the time, though. Chances are that the 9★ rare you got with the 40 cap in place will still outclass lots of stuff coming with the 50 cap update, so there's no real reason not to invest in one expensive weapon now.

N-no, stop it! Take them back! I can't even give them my Mag to eat, they're that useless! ;_;

good point X.x *starts throwing tuna*

Mystil
Aug 21, 2012, 06:43 AM
Tuna is gonna be the varista of this game.

WolfDreamer
Aug 21, 2012, 01:01 PM
Well since the key word in this topic is "hope" thats what i'll mention here, my hopes and dreams for the NA release.

First and foremost, like everyone else is saying, is I HOPE that when its released in NA its matches JP for content so they start off similar instead of immediately being 6+ months behind. Then I HOPE that updates come within a week of when the JP content updates. I'm not even shooting for the same day here, just give them to me within a week and I'll be happy.

I HOPE that character transfers will be available for a month after its released in NA. Would be nice, but not super necessary if it comes down to it.

I HOPE to see some actual advertising for this game when it comes out in NA. Having the same group of fans to play with and no new blood gets kinda old.

I HOPE that we don't start off with a ton of ships and blocks. Seriously, we'll never need 10 ships with what... 50 blocks on each one (including premium blocks). Gives NA something like 6 ships with 20 blocks each, would be fine. Should help with creating a strong knit community too.

Lastly, I HOPE that Gameguard is dismissed by SEGA by the time of NA release, then everyone could rejoice.

Raven5_1
Aug 21, 2012, 04:31 PM
Out of interest, just how do NA/EU laws affect stuff like AC and gatcha's?

Cyrusnagisa
Aug 21, 2012, 05:53 PM
I would be happy with two different outcomes........
(getting tired of saying NA/EU we know what I am talking about)

1) The NA release is up to date with the version of PSO2J at the time
2) PSO2 released in same state as it was released in JP, and updates happen as frequent.

AC9breaker
Aug 21, 2012, 06:24 PM
I'm in agreement with the general consensus of this thread that if we have content this is close to what JP have now or at the very least substantially more then what the JP had at launch then I would be a happy camper.

Finalzone
Aug 21, 2012, 07:28 PM
Kill Gameguard and replace it with a better security system. The rest already covered answer.

Mike
Aug 21, 2012, 10:40 PM
Out of interest, just how do NA/EU laws affect stuff like AC and gatcha's?
I'm curious about this too. I'm pretty sure AC is safe by legal standards. I know that some F2Ps mmos use lock boxes which are in game drops that have to be unlocked with a cash shop key and contain anything from simple stuff to cosmetic items or weapons. It's not very different from the gacha/scratch system PSO2 has now, only you have to find the items instead of buying it directly from the store. There are also online games in the US that use gacha run by what looks to be mostly Japanese companies. It's very possible that the scratch cards will show up in the English version in the same form it is now in the Japanese version.

Kill Gameguard and replace it with a better security system. The rest already covered answer.
I believe my non-existant magic 8 ball already has the answer to this.

Mystil
Aug 22, 2012, 12:01 AM
Just don't troll them hard with the following:

Lvl30 cap.
Free Field Forest, Caves, Desert not accessible, as in, not "unlocked" til an "update". Obviously no Tundra. And no hard mode.
All items up to rarity level 5, with this going up with each "update". Sounds silly? They did it in PSU.
No city runs.

Basically less content than what JP had at release. Honestly, please SEGA make me put my foot in my mouth by not deciding to slap "THIS WILL BE A BORING EXPERIENCE" banner across the title screen.