PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Part II of Soaring Quartz Dragon

Sizustar
Aug 22, 2012, 12:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm1OaFRJkzI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm1OaFRJkzI

Coming in the end of August update
Story Chapter 5 and 6
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20120801/04/

New AC Scratch
Special - Koffee Outfit,
Male human/newman - Alfin
Female Human/newman - Tia
White Rappy Suit
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20120801/06/

New Funscratch also coming in the update
New hairstyle confirmed, can be seen in the video
New Time attack Desert and Mine

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 22, 2012, 12:48 AM
Something new to TA 0/

Blackheart521
Aug 22, 2012, 12:50 AM
oooooh headphones, though they looked pink...

meh on the Afin clothes and there's a new male hairstyle that looks potentially good but they cut to the next clip before you could see it from the front. :/

looks promising ^^

Xaeris
Aug 22, 2012, 12:50 AM
Patty and Tea's outfit? ...Well, this update won't cost me any meseta, at least. Then again, it is sleeveless...

And am I the only who finds that caseal in the blue outfit absolutely horrifying?

Mystil
Aug 22, 2012, 12:55 AM
Oooh I've been wanting Koffie's suit!

Takatsuki
Aug 22, 2012, 12:58 AM
I need more cute Caseal outfits :(

Udonge
Aug 22, 2012, 12:58 AM
I want my bunny ears already :(

MailboxJunkie
Aug 22, 2012, 01:01 AM
I NEED those headphones!
Everything else is secondary, but the headphones....zomg u guis.

Insane food dish
Aug 22, 2012, 01:02 AM
I want this as an accessory. I'm okay with mini-rappy suits of various colors though.

[SPOILER-BOX]

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnpUungGlUPZKuaiYa6kFBJGTs9xh3Z SffW7peGt40uVu7ggiJ
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Blackheart521
Aug 22, 2012, 01:03 AM
I want this as an accessory.

[SPOILER-BOX]
(with a rappy instead)
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnpUungGlUPZKuaiYa6kFBJGTs9xh3Z SffW7peGt40uVu7ggiJ
[/SPOILER-BOX]

a pistol pointed to your head? I want that accessory too :D

JeyKama
Aug 22, 2012, 01:05 AM
Are those... newman earguards? I wonder if they're an accessory, since Afin's not got them.
I think it is only Tia's outfit though.

I'll take both short haircuts though ._.;

Insane food dish
Aug 22, 2012, 01:16 AM
a pistol pointed to your head? I want that accessory too :D

I don't mind, the hair will cushion the impact.

Yunfa
Aug 22, 2012, 01:17 AM
No new armors...hmmmmmmmmmm

Shadowth117
Aug 22, 2012, 01:25 AM
Its possible those "earguards" are cast "ears" isn't it? I dunno. Definitely thinking of getting the earphones if they're not in just pink. Possibly the hat too. That uniform also looks like it could be appealing if it comes in decent/can be changed to decent colors.

Definitely excited for more time attack too, its about time! Hopefully there won't be silly exploits at release in this one.

Also noticed this:
http://i46.tinypic.com/4idf8o.png

Telepipes? Maybe that's not supposed to be there, but perhaps at one point there's an option to go back to the campship to reach Block 3 faster? Maybe going in through the campship to a block would bring you in in a different spot? Probably just not supposed to be there, but its interesting to see...

youcantcatchtheblue
Aug 22, 2012, 01:26 AM
nothing too interesting this update....

I wonder if they've realized that absolutely no-one plays Time Attack... I still haven't cleared that mission yet because I can't find anyone to play it with ;_;, and the one time I did play, we failed the mission because a team-mate died...

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 22, 2012, 01:28 AM
I wonder if they've realized that absolutely no-one plays Time Attack... I still haven't cleared that mission yet because I can't find anyone to play it with ;_;, and the one time I did play, we failed the mission because a team-mate died...

i wouldn't say no one......

Zalera
Aug 22, 2012, 01:36 AM
nothing too interesting this update....

You either failed because your teammate didn't know not to release, or you'all don't carry moon atomizers. :)

I don't see a problem with either situation causing a failure.

Mike
Aug 22, 2012, 01:38 AM
You either failed because your teammate didn't know not to release, or you'all don't carry moon atomizers. :)

Perhaps he played it when you couldn't use moons in the second area.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 22, 2012, 01:39 AM
Some cool stuff IMO. Sad to still not have any new Cross Quarter (Humar) Color Varient costumes.. *sigh*

FFS no mention of when or if this update or when exactly the Recycle Shop will be updated to allow other items to be traded for the g**dAMN Color Change TIcket. >:-[

Kinujou
Aug 22, 2012, 01:44 AM
anyone mind translating the matter board scenes shown in the video?

Inazuma
Aug 22, 2012, 01:46 AM
I hate how Time Attack has a bunch of buttons and doors and puzzles and shit. I always hated challenge mode in PSO and I still hate it. It would be much better if it involved difficult challenges related to battle. I remember PSU had something like that.

I also hate how the time attack rewards are untradable. I just want that stupid green lettuce Caesar salad hat. I want to buy it off another player and be done with it. Argh.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 22, 2012, 01:46 AM
Well.....those cast parts look pretty nice....

But bleh at that headpiece....again. ^^;

Skyly HUmar
Aug 22, 2012, 01:54 AM
I think Im going to get that clerk suit in purple... and get some shaggy hair and a stache.... heheheh, it's trollin time!

Crimson Exile
Aug 22, 2012, 02:00 AM
anyone mind translating the matter board scenes shown in the video?
It will get translated in the matter board translation thread or whatever its called in the guide section of the forums.

youcantcatchtheblue
Aug 22, 2012, 02:16 AM

not to release?

We were carrying moon atomizers, but apparently if you don't revive your team-mate in 10 seconds or so you fail the mission(?) this wasn't very clear to me since like I've said, I've only had the chance to play Time Attack once.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 22, 2012, 02:18 AM
Tea outfit! Do want~

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 22, 2012, 02:56 AM
not to release?

We were carrying moon atomizers, but apparently if you don't revive your team-mate in 10 seconds or so you fail the mission(?) this wasn't very clear to me since like I've said, I've only had the chance to play Time Attack once.

not true you can leave that person behind if that person that died presses the option to returen to ship it will fail everything

Blundy
Aug 22, 2012, 03:17 AM
i WANT that cabby hat.... time to farm i guess.

Crystal_Shard
Aug 22, 2012, 05:34 AM
I didn't see any sign of Patti's outfit on the site, only Thea's... does it only appear in the video?

Would be nice to get an Arks Uniform as well.

CelestialBlade
Aug 22, 2012, 06:17 AM
I dig the headphones, but not much else personally. Still waiting for Sara's outfit ;_;

I know someone that's going to be very happy about Koffie's outfit :wacko:

Ce'Nedra
Aug 22, 2012, 06:26 AM
I didn't see any sign of Patti's outfit on the site, only Thea's... does it only appear in the video?

Would be nice to get an Arks Uniform as well.

Only Thea's whichs is the one I want most of the two. Time to spend some AC me thinks~

Resanoca
Aug 22, 2012, 06:36 AM
Where is Rock? I figured he'd go apeshit over the headphones. D:

Gardios
Aug 22, 2012, 06:39 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Give me Ghettemhart's costume already, SEGA!

Well at least I have CAST parts to look forward to. And dat white Rappy suit...

CelestialBlade
Aug 22, 2012, 06:57 AM
Where is Rock? I figured he'd go apeshit over the headphones. D:
Probably still typing up a long stream of capital letters roughly expressing his level of "do want". :wacko:

Admittedly he's the first person that came to mind when I saw those XD

NoiseHERO
Aug 22, 2012, 07:21 AM
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

My hairstyles for both of my mains from PSP2 is coming back, AND new headphones??? Now Rock and 8-bit are completed!!

edit: also lol you punks know me so well.. D:

Angelo
Aug 22, 2012, 08:12 AM
Yeah, I actually came here after seeing the update to see Rock's response to the headphones.

The Walrus
Aug 22, 2012, 09:21 AM
Oh thank god they finally give us Afin's costume and headphones.

Everything else just looks meh :/

They need to make a Nu-13/Lambda-11 inspired Caseal set one of these days

Crysteon
Aug 22, 2012, 09:23 AM
Oh god....those headphones will wreck the economy so hard, lol.

NoiseHERO
Aug 22, 2012, 09:40 AM
Oh god....those headphones will wreck the economy so hard, lol.

Don't say that ;o;

I DID have to spend like 600k for that damn mage hat though...

Then those head flower thingies cost a fortune...

But those were moe value...

The Walrus
Aug 22, 2012, 09:45 AM
I wonder if the NA economy will be less ridiculous

Vashyron
Aug 22, 2012, 09:55 AM
lol (http://pso2blog.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/echowhat.jpg)

Well new Story part is nice, though not looking forward to more mundane matterboard tasks.

NoiseHERO
Aug 22, 2012, 09:59 AM
lol (http://pso2blog.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/echowhat.jpg)

Well new Story part is nice, though not looking forward to more mundane matterboard tasks.

Outfit looks better this way.

Crysteon
Aug 22, 2012, 10:24 AM
Don't say that ;o;

I DID have to spend like 600k for that damn mage hat though...

Then those head flower thingies cost a fortune...

But those were moe value...

I remember buying that silly hat for 500k before...and I kind of regretted it. I'm not exactly dying for what this scratch offers this time to actually spend more than 1mil on their items. I wonder if new voices will also be added....current custom ones are so darn dull.

Gardios
Aug 22, 2012, 10:31 AM
Pretty likely that they'll add new voices.

I wonder if the new hairstyles work for my character—so far every hairstyle but one looks awful on him, haha. Really wish they'd add some short hairstyles...

Sizustar
Aug 22, 2012, 10:40 AM
I want more motion~~
Current headgear doesn't seem to fit with my current build.
Also interested in the new twin ponytail hair...

Alenoir
Aug 22, 2012, 10:47 AM
Man, guess I need to start saving up for that new hat.

Mystil
Aug 22, 2012, 10:49 AM

I seriously doubt that.

Takatsuki
Aug 22, 2012, 10:55 AM

I honestly think it will be worse. I have the feeling that Americans will be less willing to drop $5 on a random chance of getting the costume they want, so there will be less costumes on the shops, which in turn will drive their prices up.

CelestialBlade
Aug 22, 2012, 11:11 AM
I honestly think it will be worse. I have the feeling that Americans will be less willing to drop $5 on a random chance of getting the costume they want, so there will be less costumes on the shops, which in turn will drive their prices up.
My thoughts exactly. Most of us really don't do gachas whereas it's more accepted as the norm in Japanese online games, and we benefit off that quite a bit. Without market flooding driving down prices, expect things like bikinis in the NA market to easily be 5-10mil.

NoiseHERO
Aug 22, 2012, 11:14 AM
That's kind of why I'm hoping they modify the current AC system...

The way it's set up in Japan they might get away with it...

But for the English players, not only the price, but some of the things they expect you to pay for in general is going to alienate a LOT of players. and only the more loyal/hardcore fans are going to want to put up with it. Or at least they may as WELL do that, if we're being separated from the JP version.

The Walrus
Aug 22, 2012, 11:48 AM
My thoughts exactly. Most of us really don't do gachas whereas it's more accepted as the norm in Japanese online games, and we benefit off that quite a bit. Without market flooding driving down prices, expect things like bikinis in the NA market to easily be 5-10mil.

I guess I'll have to set the trend quickly with that stuff then by selling it for around 500K at most :I

Zyrusticae
Aug 22, 2012, 12:14 PM
I guess I'll have to set the trend quickly with that stuff then by selling it for around 500K at most :I
Nope, then high-rollers will buy it and resell it for 1-2m apiece.

Mystil
Aug 22, 2012, 12:15 PM
And then the undercut brigade will arrive to save the day.

Rika-chan
Aug 22, 2012, 12:24 PM
I need a black Koffee outfit so I can cosplay as her

Chacron
Aug 22, 2012, 12:26 PM
Nope, then high-rollers will buy it and resell it for 1-2m apiece.
Until they realise no one is buying them, thus making doing that no so profitable(I hope).

And then the undercut brigade will arrive to save the day.
Yay, economics!

Garnet_Moon
Aug 22, 2012, 12:49 PM
...but I always thought if something is going for 2,000,000 meseta, and you find it at a significant discount, like barely 6 digits... then it's either a very generous and nice seller(not possible), or they are selling cheap dupes created to fund the reconstruction of the ARKS ship that constantly gets attacked by the darkers for emergency missions.

goldwing
Aug 22, 2012, 02:24 PM
iv been dieing for them to come out with Alfin's outfit. its about time. now my only wish is for it to come out in white as a choice and also if it looks good as white then i am set XD. after that its the long wait till the new weps....

Eman2417
Aug 22, 2012, 02:37 PM
Yes white rappy suit.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 22, 2012, 02:58 PM
:(

Still no Gettemhault Coat, still no *new* Cross Quarters Color Variant (like Ohza's or Joseph's color varients)

Still no info on when the Recycle Shop gets updated to allow players to trade any AC costumes for a Color Change Ticket... *sigh*

Mikura
Aug 22, 2012, 03:17 PM
Kinda digging the new hairstyles and the Patty/Tia outfit. Time to start saving up I guess.

BIG OLAF
Aug 22, 2012, 10:11 PM
:(

Still no Gettemhault Coat, still no *new* Cross Quarters Color Variant (like Ohza's or Joseph's color varients)

Still no info on when the Recycle Shop gets updated to allow players to trade any AC costumes for a Color Change Ticket... *sigh*

Sir, you do realize that SEGA never showcases the color-palette swaps for the pre-existing outfits in their update previews, yes? So, relax, you may have your Cross Quarters wish come true yet.

NoiseHERO
Aug 22, 2012, 10:21 PM
FAWKIN' HEADPHOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSS HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/SLAMS ALL MY MONEY ON THE TABLE

ARGGHHGGHHGHSHDGSDGHASDG!!!!!!!!!

gigawuts
Aug 22, 2012, 10:23 PM

Yup. Either they reduce the AC prices, change up the system to be more like the TF2 store, or the market will be loltastic.

And you think there's hoarders and manipulators here? HOOOOO BOY.

Angelo
Aug 22, 2012, 10:32 PM
FAWKIN' HEADPHOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSS HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the reaction we all wanted, Rock.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 22, 2012, 11:37 PM

DOWN, BOY! HEEL! HEEL!!!

Crysteon
Aug 23, 2012, 09:16 AM

And heeereeee we are....experiencing one of those secondary effects of the lack of digital motifs. I'd start getting worried when he starts spewing foam out of his mouth.

NoiseHERO
Aug 23, 2012, 09:20 AM
And heeereeee we are....experiencing one of those secondary effects of the lack of digital motifs. I'd start getting worried when he starts spewing foam out of his mouth.

/Vomits blood and foam and lasers and spawns of satan

Crysteon
Aug 23, 2012, 09:22 AM
/Vomits blood and foam and lasers and spawns of satan

Dont you dare to vomit ponies, or I'll kill ya!

DoubleCannon
Aug 23, 2012, 09:46 AM

lmao someone needs to make a flash video of this reaction. priceless

Crysteon
Aug 23, 2012, 10:28 AM
lmao someone needs to make a flash video of this reaction. priceless

We can always ask to egoraptor for that...he's good at making overreacting animations o_O

sugarFO
Aug 23, 2012, 10:30 AM
I guess I will try a Tia dress but I am still waiting for something pretty lol.

JeyKama
Aug 23, 2012, 09:50 PM
Some names for the AC Scratch items...

Outfits:
ブリッツエース Blitz Ace (Afin's outfit)
リトルプリム Little Prim (Tia's outfit)
ナビゲーターユニフォーム Navigator Uniform (female clerk uniform)
ナビゲータースーツ Navigator Suit (male clerk uniform)
シェリフシリーズ Sheriff Series (male cast parts)
ワスプシリーズ Wasp Series (female cast parts)
ホワイトラッピー White Rappy

Accessories:
ブラウンキャスケット帽 Brown Caskett Hat (the paperboy hat)
ブリッツガーダー Blitz Guarder (newman earguards [presumably not just for newmans])
プリムヘッドフォン Prim Headphone (the headphones)
腕章 Armband (hologram armcuff that goes with the clerk uniform)

Hair Styles:
Short Edge (Ethen Waberish)
Medium Cool (shaggier version of Layered)

Pictures at the 4Gamer article: http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20120822033/

NoiseHERO
Aug 23, 2012, 09:54 PM
So they're all AC? @_@

/keeps saving up meseta and my 243523523525 FUN points...

Or is that still technically unofficial to assume-AH WHATEVER I'll know by Tuesday.

Blackheart521
Aug 23, 2012, 10:00 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20120822033/SS/011.jpg
http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20120822033/SS/012.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

These are the best part of the update ^^

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 23, 2012, 10:11 PM
*Sees headphones* take my meseta and or AC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JeyKama
Aug 23, 2012, 10:13 PM
So they're all AC? @_@

/keeps saving up meseta and my 243523523525 FUN points...

Or is that still technically unofficial to assume-AH WHATEVER I'll know by Tuesday.

Anything other than basic accessory recolors is AC (rephrase=_=;)

Also, in the next update a bunch of items are being removed from FUN Scratch, including all the Classic MyRoom things, the bathtub, trick darts, ori ori, the parrot, the short pompadour, Lobby Action 10, and the Tall/Kloon/Viola hats.

NoiseHERO
Aug 23, 2012, 10:16 PM
Any featured outfit that isn't a basic uniform recolor is AC, same with accessories.

Also, in the next update a bunch of items are being removed from FUN Scratch, including all the Classic MyRoom things, the bathtub, trick darts, ori ori, the parrot, the short pompadour, Lobby Action 10, and the Tall/Kloon/Viola hats.

Yeah that's what else confuses me, if everything we're being shown is AC... then we on't know what's gonna get rotated into FUN scratch I assume...

JeyKama
Aug 23, 2012, 10:55 PM
Correct, no clue yet on the new FUN items.

BIG OLAF
Aug 23, 2012, 10:59 PM
Since the 'Classic' stuff is getting shipped out, I'd hazard to guess that the black/purple 'Gothic' items will be added.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 23, 2012, 11:02 PM
*Emerges from the darkness* Gothic room items? Yes Please, OMG. DO WANT.

SPOnion
Aug 24, 2012, 06:30 PM
I kind of have the feeling that we'll be seeing more Dodo cosplayers than usual...

gigawuts
Aug 24, 2012, 06:37 PM
I kind of have the feeling that we'll be seeing more Dodo cosplayers than usual...

I really hope there's a whole ton of Dodo cosplayers, and then for some bizarre reason a video montage shows up on youtube where some guy punches every single one of them in the face.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 24, 2012, 07:17 PM
I really hope there's a whole ton of Dodo cosplayers, and then for some bizarre reason a video montage shows up on youtube where some guy punches every single one of them in the face.

well, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Bravo, good sir.