PDA

View Full Version : A little peeve about City: Dark Ragne Extermination

AFKei
Aug 22, 2012, 12:39 PM
At the time of writing, the above titled mission opens up for the hour. I have Maloo's quest that calls for killing Rappy (lv 21+) 7 times (already done.) Dark Ragne (lv 21+) 5 times with a Talis-type weapon. I could do Hard Mode four more times (I had one kill registered already.) and get the quest over with and walk away with 5 SP right?

Nope.

Nobody wants to try and kill the boss. Even in those rooms that blatantly say they're going to kill boss, I'm not allowed in for reasons/passwords. Even then, if I try to speak up and request a boss run, I just get the cold shoulder.

Before you counter this with "Dark Ragne can spawn randomly in missions." your keyword is random. I'm at the mercy of random chance to get the quest done.

Now, I understand roaming is a nice way to rake in EXP and random loot. That's a justified reason. But I just can't help but feel cheated for not even being allowed to take on the boss. I could try to take it by myself...if I had enough time and power to even do so.

Just my two cents; Just saying.

CelestialBlade
Aug 22, 2012, 12:46 PM
Best thing you can do for that quest is to ask friends if they'd be willing to do some boss rushing for the hour to at least get most of the kills. I personally got all my Ragne kills from Free Fields, but I've done that for friends and we can generally get in 3-4 kills per hour. Really don't recommend soloing it because it's got so much HP, so it's usually best to establish a party and a purpose before the fact.

Sp-24
Aug 22, 2012, 03:05 PM
I know what you mean. My level 40 teammates always go to that mission but never ever try to kill Ragne, instead spending the whole hour farming the second area and complaining how all they get is Vraolet, Talis Legacy or another rare that isn't even that good. I'd understand it if they all were Rangers and wanted that Tirgidor, but half of my team is Forces who value being able to whine about Talis Legacy and those pink arm units more than getting items with Ragne Soul. Ugh.

NoiseHERO
Aug 22, 2012, 03:37 PM
After level cap, city mission is pretty mediocre to begin with in terms of money and drops...

The only real reason to run it, is because it's guaranteed that the entire server is going to be clogging it up resulting in easy PSE bursts. Half the time, People could get better results running dragon land for an hour.

Coatl
Aug 23, 2012, 07:45 AM
The only reason people run city is for exp nowadays.
It's a terrible source of income as the rares that drop there are very mediocre, besides triggy.

But I can understand why no one would do any ragne bosses. Ragne spawns in every free field, meaning no matter where you go, you are bound to run into him sooner or later. The most you can do is call up some of your friends and ask them for assistance, or ask in the PSO-W forums.

drizzle
Aug 23, 2012, 08:08 AM
"Create Party"

Do it.

PepperCat
Aug 26, 2012, 11:58 AM
I feel the same, I'd rather kill the boss... Look me up next time you want to run it, I should be on all day today. :D

Mystil
Aug 29, 2012, 02:27 PM
chances of ragne spawning in city is pretty high, just be patient

goldwing
Aug 30, 2012, 12:12 AM
so your telling me ppl "grind" that map at lvl 40?