PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Demo for the west.

Lostbob117
Aug 22, 2012, 06:45 PM
I saw this on the facebook page was posted 6minutes ago

Next week is PAX, featuring a first look at a playable PSO2 demo for the West! We'll also have the character creator on-hand and have some PSO2 mousepad loot to give away. Check out more information at http://bit.ly/OxoL0z

Maybe I should've put coming soon in the title.

Abu Jumal
Aug 22, 2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/news/02458-phantasy-star-online-2-will-make-western-debut-pax-prime

Lostbob117
Aug 22, 2012, 06:50 PM
Didn't see that cause I don't go on that, I only use the forums.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 22, 2012, 10:54 PM
I bet the character creator and the demo will be the JP client with the fanmade english patch.

I'm so confident in this that i'm willing to bet 5 meseta and the chance to hold my hand for 5 seconds while letting you sit next to me for the duration.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 22, 2012, 11:33 PM
your not the 1st to say Segac gonna steal the Fanmade patch for western release+^_^+ it's better then the JP PSU translation of FOmarl wear to US PSU Formal wear+^_^+

youcantcatchtheblue
Aug 23, 2012, 02:13 AM
I have that Mousepad 'cause it's the same one they gave out at TGS 2011 ^^ I'm all set~

it's better then the JP PSU translation of FOmarl wear to US PSU Formal wear+^_^+

lol that's actually pretty funny XD

Ueno54
Aug 23, 2012, 02:39 AM
Incoming youtube gamer celebs with "new" news!

Skye-Fox713
Aug 23, 2012, 04:45 PM
I bet the character creator and the demo will be the JP client with the fanmade english patch.

Lawls !

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 23, 2012, 04:51 PM

I'm so confident in this that i'm willing to bet 5 meseta and the chance to hold my hand for 5 seconds while letting you sit next to me for the duration.

i see no confidence in this bet!!! +^_^+

goldwing
Aug 23, 2012, 04:51 PM
well this is some good news.

Mystil
Aug 23, 2012, 05:14 PM
your not the 1st to say Segac gonna steal the Fanmade patch for western release+^_^+ it's better then the JP PSU translation of FOmarl wear to US PSU Formal wear+^_^+

I remember someone made a SEGAC sig.. first time I saw that, I laughed out of my chair.. Poor Sega. You went from one of the pioneers of console gaming, to one big joke -.-.

Shadowth117
I dunno, Sega sure seems to like their own "betterer" translations. Prophets of Moatoob over Motav Propecy anyone?

EvilMag
I remember someone made a SEGAC sig.. first time I saw that, I laughed out of my chair.. Poor Sega of America. You went from one of the pioneers of console gaming, to one big joke -.-.
Fixed.

DAMASCUS
Aug 23, 2012, 09:32 PM
I'm definitely going to be going to PAX so this is exciting news!

I still wish it were coming to PS3 or that they would at least announce it. I just can't imagine trying to play it for hours with a Vita.

A small download demo would be awesome though because maybe...just maybe I can run it on my laptop at the lowest settings. PSU did and I have no graphics card lol.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 24, 2012, 12:29 AM
I'm definitely going to be going to PAX so this is exciting news!

I still wish it were coming to PS3 or that they would at least announce it. I just can't imagine trying to play it for hours with a Vita.

A small download demo would be awesome though because maybe...just maybe I can run it on my laptop at the lowest settings. PSU did and I have no graphics card lol.

Programming and porting games to the PS3 takes a lot of time and effort, and very few game companies believe the PS3 will last more then one or two more years as a mainstream console, as with any MMO, the devs of PSO2 hope for a much longer lifespan then what PS3 offers+^_^+ same goes for the 360, i have a feeling PSO2 may end up on console someday, Perhaps Xbox Durango or PlayStatin Orbis (interestingly enough, "Orbis Vita" translate to "Circle of Life" in Latin)+^_^+ but since those systems haven't been officially announced, Sega can't announce a console version for PSO2, on top of that, even after the next gen consoles are unveiled, Sega needs dev kits for them to see if they'll even be able to port and run PSO2 properly... and cheaply+^_^+ as for a Demo of PSO2, you can download the PSO2 benchmark tester at http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20120330045/link.html?http://file.4gamer.net/demo/PSO2_Chara_Create_Trial_V1_00.zip +^_^+

pikachief
Aug 24, 2012, 01:18 AM
Programming and porting games to the PS3 takes a lot of time and effort, and very few game companies believe the PS3 will last more then one or two more years as a mainstream console, as with any MMO, the devs of PSO2 hope for a much longer lifespan then what PS3 offers+^_^+ same goes for the 360, i have a feeling PSO2 may end up on console someday, Perhaps Xbox Durango or PlayStatin Orbis (interestingly enough, "Orbis Vita" translate to "Circle of Life" in Latin)+^_^+ but since those systems haven't been officially announced, Sega can't announce a console version for PSO2, on top of that, even after the next gen consoles are unveiled, Sega needs dev kits for them to see if they'll even be able to port and run PSO2 properly... and cheaply+^_^+ as for a Demo of PSO2, you can download the PSO2 benchmark tester at http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20120330045/link.html?http://file.4gamer.net/demo/PSO2_Chara_Create_Trial_V1_00.zip +^_^+

I know people who's game ran absolutely horrible on the benchmark even at low settings and they didn't think they could play the game. They run the full game just fine at the highest settings though :P

Try it at the lowest settings then if it runs even a little okay, you should be fine.

JanosA
Aug 24, 2012, 07:31 AM
I know people who's game ran absolutely horrible on the benchmark even at low settings and they didn't think they could play the game. They run the full game just fine at the highest settings though :P

Try it at the lowest settings then if it runs even a little okay, you should be fine.

My laptop scored like 14 with 3-4 fps, and runs the game flawlessly on low settings...

PepperCat
Aug 24, 2012, 09:01 AM
If anyone picks up one of those mousepads, I'll pay well for it and shipping.

jooozek
Aug 24, 2012, 09:07 AM
No offence but that sounds like bullshit, what's their hardware?

Dammy
Aug 24, 2012, 09:24 AM
thats not really bullshit, i got like 1400 points on benchmark and now im playing on max settings
only things that really lag are "rockets" attacks of transmizer and quartz dragon

jooozek
Aug 24, 2012, 09:27 AM
thats not really bullshit, i got like 1400 points on benchmark and now im playing on max settings
only things that really lag are "rockets" attacks of transmizer and quartz dragon
There is no way that you couldn't even run properly the benchmark on lowest settings and then run the game smooth on highest settings, the benchmark wasn't really that hard on hardware.

pikachief
Aug 24, 2012, 10:53 AM
i scored 2 on the benchmark test on lowest settings but the actual game runs just fine. My computer crashes whenever the PSE sparkles appear, but the game still does run smoothly.

DemonMike
Aug 24, 2012, 10:54 AM
There is no way that you couldn't even run properly the benchmark on lowest settings and then run the game smooth on highest settings, the benchmark wasn't really that hard on hardware.

I didn't get results that were as drastically different as Dammy, but the closed beta client and beyond performed a hell of a load better than the benchmark for my laptop.

Performance has taken a hit by this bloody GG update though.

DAMASCUS
Aug 24, 2012, 01:30 PM
download the PSO2 benchmark tester at http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20120330045/link.html?http://file.4gamer.net/demo/PSO2_Chara_Create_Trial_V1_00.zip +^_^+

Thank you, thats awesome. *Downloading now*

EvilMag
Aug 24, 2012, 01:43 PM
i scored 2 on the benchmark test on lowest settings but the actual game runs just fine. My computer crashes whenever the PSE sparkles appear, but the game still does run smoothly.

Whats funny is that on the Benchmark at Lv2 graphics at 1280 x 720 it says I was getting around 10-15 FPS

Yet on the final game with those same settings, I'm getting around 30-40 FPS...

Lostbob117
Aug 24, 2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah the character creator has higher req than the actually game.

DAMASCUS
Aug 24, 2012, 06:57 PM
Yeah so I scored a whopping 179 on the lowest setting lol.

It seemed like if I could shrink the window and reduce the resolution it would run just like PSU did so I may have a shot of playing this after all.

gigawuts
Aug 24, 2012, 08:32 PM
It's probably just poorly optimized. I'm not surprised.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 25, 2012, 01:48 AM
It's probably just poorly optimized. I'm not surprised.

of course benchmark is poorly optimized+^_^+ it was released as is before beta testing of full game+^_^+ so if you can get the benchmark to render and run, then the full game should render and run a little (or a lot) better and faster for you+^_^+ but if starting the benchmark causes a black screen or crash, well, full game probably will too+^_^+

Mr-Phelps
Aug 29, 2012, 08:47 AM
Edit: Nvm found requirements.

My laptop ran the benchmark ok but was hoping for something better.