PDA

View Full Version : So anybody wonderin' when the weekly maintenance will end?

Metaru
Aug 23, 2012, 03:29 PM
Just saying. Mostly i'm only free on Tuesdays and usually that's when they occur.

blace
Aug 23, 2012, 03:32 PM
If they don't maintain the servers regularly, you wouldn't be able to play the game, or get updates for that matter.

Metaru
Aug 23, 2012, 03:36 PM
Hm, with that being said, this game is pretty much premature, It was just a curious question i'm not all like "omg, it soo stupid, leave the game incomplete :B" but i'm moreso along the lines of how much stuff do they need to add weekly? Possible bugs in the game maybe? Error with the coding? It was more or less curiousity or anything.

blace
Aug 23, 2012, 03:40 PM
The breaks are there to maintain server integrity for the most part as well as replacing parts and applying updates.

It is hardware that is handling a large number of players and typically with any kind of game server, they'll need to upgrade hardware to either improve performance or capacity which can only be done with the servers shut down.

Metaru
Aug 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
So in other words, there are unfinished graphic updates.

blace
Aug 23, 2012, 03:45 PM
Who knows.

IzzyData
Aug 23, 2012, 03:48 PM
The answer to your question is never. They are never going to stop weekly maintenance until the servers are shut down for good.

jooozek
Aug 23, 2012, 03:49 PM
Why would they end? Maintenances are for backups and stuff like that.

Metaru
Aug 23, 2012, 03:49 PM
Sounds... unreasonable, though I don't deny it if happens.

NoiseHERO
Aug 23, 2012, 03:50 PM
I thought EVERY game had weekly or bi-weekly maintenance. o_o

Metaru
Aug 23, 2012, 03:50 PM
Why would they end? Maintenances are for backups and stuff like that.

I didnt say "all" maintenance, I meant frequent maintenance. Well, not frequent,

I thought EVERY game had weekly or bi-weekly maintenance. o_o

You probably never played a nexon game xD.

Retehi
Aug 23, 2012, 03:52 PM
Sorry the updates are "unreasonable", and don't cater to your day off.

BIG OLAF
The weekly maintenance will always be in place, except for special circumstances. Sorry about your luck, but that's how it is.

blace
I pretty much explained it in my posts. It's like leaving your computer on all day every for 365 days of the year and not expecting to encounter any problems with it.

As I said before, hardware needs to be changed periodically to keep the servers going and for performance. You can't expect it to keep running when parts of the hardware involved are out of date and are in need of repair.

Metaru
Sorry the updates are "unreasonable", and don't cater to your day off.

Oh, we got a badass over here :/

Retehi
Aug 23, 2012, 03:53 PM
Oh, we got a badass over here :/

And don't you forget it.

Metaru
Aug 23, 2012, 03:54 PM
The weekly maintenance will always be in place, except for special circumstances. Sorry about your luck, but that's how it is.

Meh, Stuff happens. It's not like i'm complainin about it just curious. I mean its like mopping a floor it wont keep clean if you do it once.

And don't you forget it.

Lul. Hats off too you sir.

jooozek
Aug 23, 2012, 03:55 PM
This thread makes no sense since OP doesn't seem to acknowledge why are regular maintenances a good practice and why almost the whole industry does it.

Metaru
Aug 23, 2012, 03:56 PM
This thread makes no sense since OP doesn't seem to acknowledge why are regular maintenances a good practice and why almost the whole industry does it.

I realize it actually i just question it.

blace
Aug 23, 2012, 04:00 PM
It might just be due to the influx of players they're getting and wasn't expecting it to put that much stress towards it. Take block 20 on ship 2, it's been on and off for a little while now.

Metaru
Aug 23, 2012, 04:03 PM
It might just be due to the influx of players they're getting and wasn't expecting it to put that much stress towards it. Take block 20 on ship 2, it's been on and off for a little while now.

Pretty noticeable too, but it's probably the only block on ship 02 i see with it's bar almost full or halfly full.

Gardios
Aug 23, 2012, 04:10 PM
The other blocks get full too, just not during NA peak time.

Metaru
Aug 23, 2012, 04:12 PM
The other blocks get full too, just not during NA peak time.

Also noticed that, I pulled an all nighter on it once, and at the blink of an eye Pacific coast players started pouring in, after NA peak time.

moorebounce
Aug 23, 2012, 04:13 PM
Just saying. Mostly i'm only free on Tuesdays and usually that's when they occur.

I dedicate this to everybody who can only play the game on tuesdays or wednesdays when the maintenance is going on. Straight from 1980. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6_H7eTQi9w

Metaru
Aug 23, 2012, 04:15 PM
I dedicate this to everybody who can only play the game on tuesdays or wednesdays when the maintenance is going on. lol

Kurtis Blow The Breaks Original Video Clip ULTRA RARE ! HQ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6_H7eTQi9w)

....I'm laughing too much...

Mystil
Aug 23, 2012, 04:27 PM

So no other day you can play the game?

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 23, 2012, 04:30 PM
psh Tuesday is the best day to play pso2! +^_^+ actually Fridays JP evening time is the best but w.e! +^_^+

Halcyote
Aug 23, 2012, 04:32 PM
any online game worth its salt should have regular maintenance on their servers.

sorry it's inconvenient for you but remember the game is based in japan and those times are convenient for them.

Metaru
Aug 23, 2012, 04:39 PM
So no other day you can play the game?

Well, I can but i get home @ twelve and crash once i watch a show or two. So pretty much. But, on sundays and such i have little time, but I like too help my family on weekends.

IzzyData
Aug 23, 2012, 04:44 PM
Might be worth waiting for the NA release.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 23, 2012, 05:36 PM
You probably never played a nexon game xD.

Funny, all the Nexon games I've played to date have had weekly maintenance (and I played alot of f2p games while waiting for PSO2)... In fact I just visited Mabinogi Heroes website just now to be sure, and that HAS weekly maintenance listed right there under the main menu (http://heroes.nexon.co.jp/#maintenance). So I'm afraid the game you played was an exception not the rule.

Might be worth waiting for the NA release.
Bet you it'll also have regular maintenance!

IzzyData
Aug 23, 2012, 06:36 PM
Bet you it'll also have regular maintenance!

Of course it will. But it will be at around 3 am to 10 am which will be more convenient for some people.

Crimson Exile
Aug 23, 2012, 06:40 PM
Lol doesn't every mmo type of game get updates weekly or every other weekl?

Calastro
Aug 23, 2012, 06:50 PM
So wait, do you want the game to stop having maintenances and updates, or just want them to be moved to a different time, or what? Because it's looking very confusing.

Also, Nexon does have weekly maintenances for their games, whatchu talkin bout.

Squall179
Aug 23, 2012, 07:50 PM
Champions Online tends to get maintenance every couple weeks, Star Trek Online as well I do believe.